Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Fable: Tales of the Heroes

a topic in Video Games, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on video games.

Re: Fable: Tales of the Heroes

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Comrade Vacilli on Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:41 am

( Dibs on the perverted fox. What? My character is a pervert)

There should be two, no more, no less. One to embody power, one to crave it. "
- Darth Bane
" I? I am peace, I am salvation."
- Grave mind

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Comrade Vacilli
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ragnal on Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:57 am

(lol nice, just right something, i made our characters in sync since they live in the same place)
Last edited by Ragnal on Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ragnal
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Comrade Vacilli on Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:18 pm

( Ok, I am. Hey Ragnal, when you said in sink, I think you mean in sync, not to be mean or anything.)

Comrade Vacilli
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The_Lone_SOLDIER on Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:37 pm

(OOC): Raganl, you can have the normal grey wolf based pet. I will take the Dire Wolf, the grandfather to the modern wolf and I have dibs on the name "Fenrir."

As he tried to get some sleep, Astriot was suddenly tossed around the wagon when the wheel popped up-and-down from the rugged road. Opening his dark eyes, Astriot noticed the wagon had finally came to a stop and made-out the shadow of Mr. Big-Hat as he rounded to the end of the wagon. Flipping up the canvas flap of the wagon, the man came face-to-face with Astriot's expressionless face. Stumbling back from the sudden encounter, the trader shook his head and opened the back of the wagon.

"This is where you get off kid. Best of luck, I hear the Guild is becoming harder to graduate now since so many are trying to join." The trader said, waiting for Astriot to get out.

Climbing out of the wooden wagon, Astriot stretched his body since he hadn't moved since the last town they visited. With his father's sword in hand, Astriot turned to Mr. Big-Hat as he set the blade on his shoulder. Extending a hand to the trader, Astriot nodded to the man who showed enough compassion to take him this far. Taking the boy's hand and shaking, the trader nodded before he turned back to attend his wagon.

"Mr. Big-Hat..... where do I head from here?" Astriot asked.

"Head down that road, don't detour and you will come straight to the Guild." The trader replied, pointing down the dirt road to their right.

Nodding, Astriot turned and started down the road he was instructed to follow. He didn't turn back to look at the trader, he knew they would never see each other again. There was no room to show weakness during this time, which is why Astriot continued on the path and didn't mutter a word. Once the trader became a distant figure with his wagon, Astriot saw the massive Guild before him. Gleaming in the morning sunlight, it was indeed like they said in the stories about it. Stopping where he stood, Astriot just stared in awe of the magnificence of the the structures.

"For every choice, there is a consequence.... An equal and opposite reaction" The only words that flowed through Astriot's mind.

The man who is really serious, with the urge to find out what truth is, has no style at all. He lives only in what is. ~Bruce Lee Philosphy~

The_Lone_SOLDIER
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ragnal on Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:31 pm

(White wolf, screw grey and thats fine as long as its not as big as the real fenrir (yes I do know how big it is I am a mythology nut). Nothing too big only about the size of a bear maybe. Mine is named Echo. And Durge (my characters bro) has a black wolf named Shadow)

Rourin raced down the rode as fast as he could, the dirk strapped to his back like a sword. He ran into a fisherman named John (Yes yes from the Primus song 'John the Fisherman') who was ofcouse, fishing.
"Well hey there Rourin" John smiled at the young future hero.
"Hi Mr. John!" Rourin said back with a huge grin on his face. He always did enjoy the company of John.
"Today is the big day right?" John said looking into the boys eyes and let out a grin. He turned and cast his line into the water and almost like magic, caught a fish. "Come sit with me my boy" The wise old fisherman told Rourin who accepted the offer.
"You sure are good at catching fish" Rourin said while stunned at how he could catch fish so fast. He stood up, pulled his dirk out, and began practicing on a near-by tree.
"Oh you could say its just luck" John said and dipped his line in the water again and waited. "And you sure are good with that blade my boy. Remember though, a weapon is to be used as a tool, not a toy" The elderly man said and ripped his line out of the water to reveal a silver scaled fish with a dark purple underbelly.
"Woah! Thats a cool looking fish!" Rourin said, eyeing the fish.
"Ah yes, this would be a moon fish, its a very rare fish that is said that when it is consumed, it turns day to night." John said with a smile at Rourins amazement. "You can have it if you want. In fact one of the reasons I have been catching fish all day is because you and your friend might be hungry on your trip to the guild. It is a good few days walk till you get there.".
"Woah! Really?! Thanks old man! And wait... how would you know where the guild is? I thought the only one who knew around these parts were the few traders who stop by that have been that far. And thats only a handful. The boy explained/asked the old man who just smiled at him.
"In due time my dear boy." He said and stood up, putting the last of the fish in a wicker basket that was lined with a form of selent (did they have plastic then?) and filled with salt and more fish that he thought could fit in there. "I'll run this up to your mum, you better go play with your friends my boy, especially that Kaily, she really seems to like you." He said with a wink and then laughed at the boys confused look. Rourin thanked the man for the fish and was about to bow to him when John stopped him. "No need to bow son, soon we will be equals" He said and held out his hand for a handshake. Rourin didnt know what he meant by equals but grinned ear to ear when he wanted a handshake. He shook the mans hand and felt something slip into his. Rourin looked into his hand and saw a faintly glowing old silver key.
"Mister, I think you accidently gave this too me."
"No, think of it as a going away gift" John said with a wink. He saw Rourins confused face and decided to explain. "It is something I must have just fished up years ago. Ask the guildmaster, he'll know what it does." He smiled
"Guildmaster?" Rourin asked extreamly confused.
"Youll know soon enough. Now get going, you have a busy day ahead of you, better make this day last." He said and picked up his rod and the basket and headed towards the tavern.
Rourin looked at his new posession. His first silver key, and put it into his pocket before speeding down the rode again.

Ragnal
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Comrade Vacilli on Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:49 pm

Marcel rooted through his messy room looking for a naughty book his brother had given him on one of his vists. He found it and ran off to find Rourin. When he found Rourin, he eagerly showed him the book. " My brother gave this to me a few weeks back when he visited. " He opened it and found a picture that was very... erotic. " It's a good book and fun pictures. You should read it while we're on the road. He also gave me a few more and something he calls a "magazine. Oh and my dad said we can go get free weapons from our stall in front of the Sandgoose inn. " He then ran off to gather his naughty books.

( Sorry for short post, writers block)

Comrade Vacilli
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ragnal on Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:50 pm

(Oh yeah and Lone I think your being a little too over powered with that one, just saying. And like how does a Dire wolf represent your character. I mean wolves are suppoes to be wise creatures but fierce when they need be [kinda like a will/strength spec] I honestly expected you to have a bear or rhino, and wait didnt I say nothing too mythological? And note too all, If your a dual spec, dont make it so there extreamly powerful in both branches. Just make them equal.)

"Hi to you too Marcel" Rourin said looking at the boy running top speed down the rode. He turned on his heel towards the direction his best friend went and sprinted after him. He finally cought up to the boy and saw he was showing another group of boys the book. "This is going to be a fun trip." He said out loud and walked towards the other future hero. "Hey wait for me!" He shouted at Marcel.

Ragnal
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The_Lone_SOLDIER on Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:48 pm

(OOC): Dire Wolves were notorious for their brute strength and speed back in prehistoric times. They are also found by themselves a lot, making them the true Lone Wolf. My character is based by the Dire Wolf through the brute strength and excessive speed he has. Also, Dire Wolves are only slightly larger than the modern-day Gray Wolf; unlike the massive size of the great wolf Fenrir. Modern day wolves are known through their knowledge and strength properties like you said, which makes sense for your character. Mine is strength/skill and yours is strength/will, which makes perfect sense. I did my research before I chose my companion, no offense, but maybe you should do the same. And the only mythological reference I use is the name of the Norse famed-wolf, Fenrir. And I would like to know where my character stepped over the line that labels him being OP, (OverPowered to those that don't play MMORPGs). If you can prove these accusations are correct that he was indeed OP, then I will edit my posts to your satisfaction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Snapping out of his trance, Astriot started towards the Guild. As he walked down the dirt path that laid before his feet, Astriot looked at the beauty of the surroundings. To his immediate right, stood a ancient stone wall that was covered in vines and leaves. It was a curious thought to what the wall could be, but Astriot shook the thought off his mind when he heard a loud voice speak out to his left. Standing on what looked to be a altar, the man was boasting to a group of people of his exploits and future plans.

"I guess he's a Hero..... Astriot said under his breath.

"YAY..... WOOOHOOOO..... YEAH.....!!!!" exclaimed the villagers.

Tugging his father's sword onto his shoulder again, having been trying to fall off it, Astriot turned his attention to the mammoth oak doors that were before him. Its elegant designs of symbols and carved Heros showed the place was full of magnificent histories. As he was about to place his hand on the door, a voice barked behind.

"Oi, kid! What do you want?" a loud, powerful voice from behind .

Turning around, Astriot was confronted by the Hero that was boasting before. Apparently, he was finished and had bored people; seeing they were leaving to their homes. Looking up to the man's face, Astriot showed no signs of fear to the man. Dressed in a set of what trader's called "Dark Will User's Outfit," the man was indeed an imposing figure. Slim, tall frame that had a set of glowing blue lines over his pale face. However, the man's eyes were a crimson red and seemed to glow as they pierced Astriot's green ones.

"I said, what do you what?" the Hero shouted.

"I am here to become a Hero.... like you and those before you." a logical reply, even for Astriot's age.

"Well, come on then. We'll see if the Guildmaster sees you fit to be a apprentice." the Hero said as he pushed open the massive doors with such ease.

Following the Hero inside, Astriot was shocked by the simpilicity of the interior. A pair of staricases that led upstairs, a map-like table centered in the room, and beyond that appeared to be the Grand Hall. People dressed in white clothing and hoods over there faces walked around, discussing to themselves. The Hero looked back to Astriot and motioned for him to stay where he was. Disappearing down the stairs leading into the Grand Hall, Astriot wondered where he was going. Shrugging his shoulders, the boy lowered his father's greatsword from his shoulder and placed the end on the ground. The weight of the blade was draining him of his energy, so Astriot gripped the handle of the sword and used it to balance himself.

"Ah, so you are the child that Suciean spoke of." a older voice spoke from above.

Looking up, Astriot saw a older man who was beginning to wrinkle and grey from age. Dressed in a set of chainmail, leather, and cloth; the man smiled through his grey beard as he walked down the stairway till he was in front of Astriot. Not as imposing as the Hero Suciean, who Astriot figured was his name, the older man looked over Astriot with his emerald green eyes. He seemed more interested on Astriot's greatsword that was gripped ever so tightly in his hands. Something Astriot didn't notice before, was a symbol that was etched on the man's leather jerkin and on his forehead. Before Astriot could ask about the symbol, the man looked into Astriot's eyes.

"I've seen those eyes before. I once helped train a young man long ago with those very eyes, he became a well-known Balverine Slayer when he got older. Would that man before your father?" the man asked.

"Is it not rude to ask questions of someone who doesn't know their name?" Astriot replied, not intending to be rude.

The man smiled as he placed his hands behind his back. From the look on his face, he saw Astriot wasn't as inexperienced as most children. Nodding his head, the man started walking around Astriot, apparently to continue his examination.

"I am the Guildmaster. And you are child....?" the man said as he returned in front of Astriot.

"I am Astriot, son of the renowned Balverine Slayer Matholith." Astriot replied, answering both of the Guildmaster's questions.

Instantly, the smile grew wider on the Guildmaster's face. The man seemed overjoyed to have Astriot there as he outstretched his hand to his left. This seemed to be the beginning of his apprenticeship after the Guildmaster announced to young Astriot....

"Welcome to your new home lad."

The_Lone_SOLDIER
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElChazev on Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:02 pm

((Heh I'll go with an Ermine, they're supposed to be somewhat wile-ish?...dunno I'll just go with an Ermine won't get in the way when I attempt to cleave some poor bugger. Also in Fable 2 all the dog did was piss me of with unceasing barking and get in my way when I tried to walk through doors.))

Half the day had past and Owen had reached a dirt path diverging off the road. Up ahead he saw a boy holding a large sword (Astriot). The boy seemed deep in though about something. Then Owen remembered the words under a the picture of his grandfather; 'Take all you can and give nothing back'. Father had said that it was the way of a man who wanted to live his life with no rules or boundarys.

"Oi you!! Sword-guy! Wait up!!" Owen shouted at Astriot, who didn't hear him. Owen followed the path until he passed a large croud of villagers. He saw the Guild up ahead of him and the Sword-guy being let in through the massive doors. The door hadn't closed and nobody was out front. Owen quickly slipped inside before anyone could see. A large man holding a massive axe walked past. Then someone tapped his sholder.

"Are you sure you should be here young man?" said the Guild Master

'I assumed this was the Heroes Guild. Aren't I supposed to be here to become a hero?' replied Owen

"Judgeing by that Cutlass you're...his son. Let's just hope you don't turn out like him."

'Why not? I though he was a great hero.'

"He was, but that didn't mean he didn't have trouble with the law...as well as many questionable habits"

'Anyway, though me and every citizen of Albion is going to regret this...welcome to the Guild'

((Going to edit my character and first post a bit...thought up a few good ideas and such))

ElChazev
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ragnal on Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:46 pm

(Just saying I mean, starting with an obsidian greatsword, really? thats the only problem cause thats a pretty BA piece of equitment, especially for someone who is just a boy. I understand it was your characters dads but still. I just think thats a little too great piece of hardware for a boy to play with. And I did do my research and what you said is true. It was prehistoric. So why would it be in the time of swords and bows and everything?)

Ragnal
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The_Lone_SOLDIER on Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:45 pm

(OOC): Is this not a fantasy-based RPG? Anything is possible inside it, why not having a prehistoric ancestor to wolves unaccountable? And the obsidian greatsword will be useable when I graduate from the Guild; not while I am a apprentice. I wouldn't be that OP to use it in my training years or as a child. Also, I won't be online for a week because I am traveling to Tennessee to see baby cousin that was born.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before Astriot could move, the Guildmaster took another notice at the greatsword gripped in the boy's hands. The man seemed fascinated into why Astriot kept his clutches on the blade; usually no child comes to the Guild with anything but their clothing. Lowering his hand, the Guildmaster nodded to him as if he wanted to say something to Astriot.

"Why do you stare at my father's sword Guildmaster?" Astriot asked.

"Because my child, you cannot carry a weapon like that through these halls until you have completed your apprenticeship." the Guildmaster replied.

Lifting the greatsword from where it stood erect on the stone floors, Astriot looked over the blade as it radiated in a silver-ish hue. The black material from which it was forged, glows in sync with the silver augument; something Astriot always found fascinating. Turning his attention to the Guildmaster, who stood there waiting for Astriot to hand over the sword.

"I want this sword when I graduate from this place. I promised my father on his gravesite that I would avenge his death with his own sword." Astriot explained.

"And that promise, you shall keep young Astriot. This sword will be kept in my personal quarters and will remain there till you are ready." The Guildmaster replied as he walked over and placed a hand on the boy's shoulder and around the greatsword's handle.

Letting go of the blade and allowing the Guildmaster to hold it, Astriot sighed. Looking up to the Guildmaster who motioned for him to follow, Astriot nodded and did as he was instructed. As they headed up the winding-stairway, Astriot's mind couldn't help but go to the thought of seing his father nodding to him with approval. However, the thought suddenly vanished as the boy and Guildmaster arrived in a massive room filled with stained windows and books. In the back corner of the room, sat a neatly-dressed bed.

"This is where you will sleep through the night and study to better your knowledge lad. Now, I must be off. I feel that others will be arriving soon." The Guildmaster spoke as he turned and disappeared from the hall they entered from.

Taking a seat on the bed, Astriot stared at the massive bookshelves and the beautiful stained windows. All this knowledge of Albion and the Guild's history were in this room; somethign Astriot never thought to be possible. As he looked over the windows, a man caught his eye which made Astriot walked over to it. In the stained glass, stood a man with a greatsword and slaying off hideous beasts. Balverines, from what Astriot could interpret but could this man be who he thought it was? Placing a hand on the glass, a surge of energy flowed through his body and his thoughts. Closing his eyes, Astriot was instantly in a vision and watching the picture from the glass play out. With every slash, the man killed the Balverines without mercy; almost like the fabled barbarians in the Northern Wastes. Once the battle was over, the man set his blade on his shoulder and turned to face the boy. Though his face was obscured by the collar of his shirt, Astriot recognized the voice instantly.

"Outside the dream world, life can be harsh--even cruel, but it is life. Remember boy, fight for the better of Albion; not for revenge. Don't look to others for knowledge, this is your story and only you can make the ways you see fit." the man spoke.

As he reached for the man, Astriot awoke to find himself sitting up in his bed with his hand extended to nothing. Blinking, Astriot wondered if this was a dream or a vision as he looked to his hand. Laying back down, he calmed his breathing which was accelerated; closing his eyes, Astriot grew quiet.

"I will father." Astriot said as he opened his eyes and looked to the figure in the stained glass.

The_Lone_SOLDIER
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zeist on Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:02 pm

ohh can I join?

Zeist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eastep on Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:56 am

I also would like to join. I have always loved the Fable universe (Fable III in a little bit! Yay!), and I attempted to join one a while ago, but it didn't get the attention it needed.

If I am permitted to join, then here is my character sheet.

Full Name: Tane Albert Chockery
Title: Twisted Shadow Seeker
Alignment: Evil
Specs: Skill/Will
Sexual Orientation: Unknown

Race/Ethnicity: White
Skin Tone: Tan
Height: 5'1
Weight: 120lbs
Build: Slim
Eyes: Amber
Hair: Shoulder length cascade of chestnut hair, combed occassionally and kept out of tradition instead of function.
Clothes: Black Leather Armor underneath a Red Hooded Cape

Pet/Companion: http://www.treehugger.com/komodo-dragon.jpg
Appearance: http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h137/ ... 000/18.jpg

Religion: Swaying
Education: Elementary Mathematics, Reading, Writing, Vehicle Maintenance, Goods Inspections (knowing what's good grain and what's not and so on) and more after Guild Training.
Weapons: Yew Longbow, Wickedly Curved Dagger
Family Occupation: Father: Darkwood Merchant, Mother: Bandit's Trophy
Born: Darkwood
Interests/Obsessions:The Future, Anatomy(Mostly insides), and World Events
Serious Problems: Developing God Complex, Lack of Empathy, Eroding Morals, Lack of Mercy

Personality/History: Tane is, and has been, almost completely emotionally devoid. Ever since he witnessed his mother's kidnapping, Tane has gradually lost all emotions, mostly on purpose, so that he'd never experience such gut wrenching loss and despair. Some emotions still remain that he simply can't be rid of, or doesn't want to give up, and others manifest themselves in new forms.
His father raised him in and around the Darkwood trading camp, teaching him the ways of the trader, and mourning his wife's death with alcohol. Tane, living so close to The Chapel of Skorm, learned a great many things from the wanders that came from there, and even more from those who never returned. Soon afterwards, he vowed to give up on all the good in life, and slowly, emotions began to fall away until he was a husk of hate and anger, still at a very young age. His father attempted to counteract his son's rapid change with constant trips to priests of Avo, but this just alienated Tane further when people noticed how he went out of his way to crush a bug, or scare a rabbit.
With life on the road being so harsh, Tane's Father taught him some survival techniques, and started his apprenticeship with the bow and dagger. The boy became exceptional with both, and soon his father decided to send him to the Guildmaster to see if he could bring back his little boy.
Red Factioooon!

Eastep
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!