Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Family Role Play?

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Family Role Play?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nikigoldeye on Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:08 am

Hello, I was on the site neopets for years. I am getting fed up with getting suspended for any and everything there. I like to do family role plays and am hoping to see if anyone else would be interested in doing one. I would like people who are literate and make it at least somewhat realistic, if they are 8 months pregnant and go into early labor that is fine but refusing to go to the hospital and going and walking around somewhere the same day is not. I would like to be able to play multiple characters eventually but am fine with starting out small and growing. I would like to do something like a family reunion, or a wedding, something along those lines, I have a lot of plots typed up on my computer, most of which will get me suspended from neopets.
If you would be interested please let me know! I have a few friends that I have converted to one other site but it was a bust so they may or may not come here as well.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nikigoldeye
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter

Re: Family Role Play?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rainx on Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:37 am

Hmm, that might be kind of cool. What are the plots you had in mind?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rainx
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nikigoldeye on Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:47 am

Rainx, it all depends on what ages of characters people want to play. I have been writting plots off and on since about 2008(at least that I have access to). Some are pretty complicated and would need a lot of people, others are simple and would be fun with just a few

Nikigoldeye
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rainx on Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:50 pm

Alright then, either would be fine with me. I usually play someone around the age of 16-28, but I have played guys into there 40's. I am pretty flexible when it comes to that. I also enjoy male or female.

Rainx
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nikigoldeye on Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:51 pm

Okay we will see if we get more interest within a few days to get more characters and what they want to play. I have characters from infants and toddlers up to 40s as well. My main girl I play is either 14, 16, 19, or 25 usually but I have played her as young as 3 and as old as 29.
How many characters do you want to play?

Nikigoldeye
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rainx on Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:03 pm

I can play two characters. One male and one female. Female will probably be around 20 or 21. Male a bit older...

Rainx
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nikigoldeye on Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:59 pm

Do you want to try to start with the two of us or wait a little longer?

Nikigoldeye
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rainx on Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:13 pm

Maybe wait a day or two longer. I am actually traveling the next two days otherwise I would start. It might get a little more attention if you post the rule play and explain the plot you're going for. :)

Rainx
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:14 am

I have an autistic character that might be good for this maybe he could be a sibling? He is around 17 but I can make him a bit older.
I love roleplaying, making new friends, 1x1 I love as well. I enjoy playing interesting character and I feel that communication is important as well. We can discuss ideas and get to know one an other.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nikigoldeye on Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:21 am

17 is fine. I will dig through my plots and what not and post one or two later today

Nikigoldeye
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:58 pm

That sounds good, im sure that we can collaborate some ideas.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nikigoldeye on Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:26 am

PLOT 1:

It is Christmas time at the Ahern house. Looking in you would think this was a pretty normal Christmas, a mother, a father, and children is what it appears to be and it a way it is, but you see, the relations are not that cut and dry. The father has children with different people and this year they are all at his house, some live there full time others are there frequently, some are hardly ever there at all. The apparent mother only has a few young children with the father, who live there. What will happen on this interesting Christmas morning with many half siblings in one house? With a father who never spent much time with his older children. What is going to happen?

Setting: The father's house at about 7 AM Christmas Morning. The house is in the mountains of Colorado. It is snowing heavily outside so everyone is stuck.

Needed:
Father: Age 40+
Step Mom: Age 35+
Children of just father: Age 4 to 22
Children of both: Age new born to 3

PLOT 2:

The Bernard family members have been distant from each other ever since their mother passed away a year and a half go. There is very little interaction between the members of the family. The younger kids have their nannies, the family has chefs who cook their meals, everything in their life screams independence of members. Some of the children are close together, others don't like each other. What will happen when the family all is snowed in together a few days before Christmas? Will fights emerge or will bonds be re-forged? It is all up to you lovely role players.

The setting is on an early December morning. Today was supposed to be the last day of school but because of the snow, the kids got a snow day and start winter break a day early. They do not yet know that it is a snow day and are all getting up. It is about six AM, alarms are going off for some, others are already getting ready to go. Someone will discover it is a snow day when they turn the TV or radio on into the role play.

Needed:
Mr. Bernard: Age 40 to 45
Kids: Age 4 to 22
Staff: Above 18

PLOT 3:

Many, many years ago the Sanders family deiced to host foster children. They only ever hosted three children in their home. One by his or her self that did not last very long at all; they then two that were sibling and lasted a year before their shenanigans got to be too much and went back into the system. After that, the Sanders family moved away and never heard from the children again. They have been living a normal life, their younger children don’t even really know about the foster siblings that once lived with their family. It has been fifteen years since the family had the foster children living with them. They now live across the country in a pleasant house and pleasant area. The older children all have their own families and homes now. What will happen when, on a snowy Christmas morning, there is a knock on the door and a foster child that have not been heard from in so many years is there? What happens when eventually all three show up?

The role-play takes place in the Sander’s home in Maine. It is Christmas morning and the snow is falling hard. The family is sitting around the tree opening presents. They are all happy and laughing, there is hot coco and home made cinnamon rolls. It is around nine AM. The foster children can arrive the two siblings together and the other alone, or each alone.

Needed:
Sanders Parents: Age 58+
Sanders children: Age 13 to 30
Sanders Children’s Spouse: Age 18 to 32(18+ only)
Sanders Grandchildren: Age 1 to 12
3 Foster Children: Age 20 to 30

PLOT 4:

Nearly everyone in the smith family has lived in the same county they were born in their whole lives. Sure one or two children decided to venture off but they either moved back or didn't move far. When dad died nearly twenty years ago it took a toll on everyone. But as time went on things got better for the family, at least until five years ago, when grandma was diagnosed with cancer. Since then she has been in and out of the hospital many times. A few months ago was the worst, it was sudden that she had to go back, leaving her house a mess and no one kept in on the yard or anything while she was there. She is supposed to be getting out of the hospital tomorrow so all of her kids and grandkids have gone to clean her house, do yard work and such. What will happen? Will secrets emerge from an old box? Will a freak storm trap them all there on grandma's house on the hill? Will a big fight erupt or an old fight re-emerge as they all spend the afternoon together at grandma's house? It is your decision.

Setting and needed list next.
Setting: Grandma's house on top of the hill. It is a small town and most houses are on hills hers is just on the very top, of this one. It is warm and humid outside, a storm might be coming later. The street dead ends at her house; so there is only one way to get to and from there. It is around 11 AM. The house is large owning a lot of the property surrounding it, so the young men are put to work mowing the lawn and trimming the bushes. Everyone is either there or just arriving.

Needed:
Children: Ages 34 to 50
Spouses: Age 34 to 50
Grandchildren: Age 1 to 30

So I have many more plots if none of those seem like something you guys would like or we can tweak them also if anyone has any suggestions, I tried to pick ones with various age ranges from my vast amount of plots. I also have a wedding one if we have anyone who would be interested I can post that. (Sorry if the colors annoy any one, I thought it would make it easier to separate plots)

Nikigoldeye
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSpaceInBetween on Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:30 am

I think they all sound good the weeding plot would also be interesting cause my autistic character could be struggling to understand why so and so it getting married and such.

TheSpaceInBetween
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby korrafish on Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:07 am

sounds good and realistic.

korrafish
Member for 10 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nikigoldeye on Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:02 am

PLOT 5:(I guess..)

To under stand the plot of this role play we must look into the past, ten years into the past to be precise, to when a young women and man first saw each other in their high school library and fell in love, though neither would admit it. He was sixteen and the time and she was fifteen. They learned each others name that day, they talked a little in the hallways but not much. About two weeks latter the school year got out, they talked a little when the girls family was grocery shopping and went into the line he was bagging or ringing people up in. At the end of summer break the two where talking and found that this year they where attending different schools. For the next four years they saw each other occasionally, neither reviling that they liked each other, then for the our and a half years after that, they didn't ever see each other. Each went on to their own activities, the boy to the army, the girl became a foster mother and worked locally, then fate brought them back together. The girl was returning from vacation, the boy from war, they ran into each other and deiced to go on a date. After six months of dating they became engaged, after a year it is their wedding day, and that is where our role play starts. It is about a half hour before the wedding, the guests are arriving and being seated. It is an indoor wedding. It is snowing lightly out side.

Wedding Colors are baby blue and baby pink

Needed:
Mom of the Bride age 48 to 55
Dad of the Bride age 48 to 55
Bride age 25
Bride’s siblings age 15 to 30
Bride’s Foster kids age 1 to 8

Mom of Groom age 41 to 50
Dad of the Groom age 41 to 50
Groom age 26
Grooms siblings age 10 to 26

Let me know which plot you all would like the best and I will make it

Nikigoldeye
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nikigoldeye on Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:36 am

Any input on which one to make?

Nikigoldeye
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:36 pm

I like the first two the best, the second one particularly.

But alas, I'm not guaranteed to be in them. Depending on what you guys do I may or may not join up myself, if I'm welcome.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!