Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Ferreting around.... Ideas and Partnership~

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Ferreting around.... Ideas and Partnership~

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rumpumpum on Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:11 pm

Why hello there!
First off, I’d like to thank you for stopping by and reading my post. Perhaps you are looking for a partnership; or maybe you are just browsing, hoping that one of my ideas might potentially become a role play. (: So either way, I welcome you!

Now, to get things started, I’d like to tell you guys some information about me! ^^

For those who are looking for partnership, please look here.

• I can easily match anyone's posting length- usually, I either do a little bit less than others, or just exceeding them by a few words or so. I love reading and writing, similar to some of yours, it is also mine, so do expect much to be written. Although I say this, please keep in mind like every human being out there, I sometimes (not very often) get writer's block, therefore, my posts may be a bit short, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. I am decent at grammar and spelling due to the fact that my posts tend to all be written down in Microsoft. :P
  • I am in school still; therefore my time is often limited- although, not nearly as one would think. I am able to post at (somewhat late) night during the weekdays and practically open throughout the days on my weekends. I don't expect 5-6 posts a week, but I do prefer to have at least 3 posts per week between us, simply to keep everything moving. As for a group roleplay, I do expect more than 3 posts per week simply because there are more people within the group.
  • I am completely fine with whatever mature content you may throw at me; be it drugs, alcohol, sex, gore, violence- my only complaint about these items is that they are not used all at once. Although, please keep in mind to follow the RPG’s rules. Other than that, I have no real issue over this specific topic.
  • I am pretty cool with any types of genres and am very open minded to them as well. Although, my favorite types of genres have to be Post-Apocalypse, Dark Romance, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Supernatural and any other of the types.
  • I am able to play male, female, whatever. While I am able, I do prefer playing female, since I am of that gender. As well as playing female, should any romance be involved, I must tell you that I am not good at playing any homosexual characters unless genders are both male. Call me weird but I just can't play a lesbian character (which is a bit odd since I'm totally find with playing a male character in a(n) MxF coupling...). I expect my potential partner(s) to be able to play either gender.
  • While I am dedicated, I do tend to become dull of certain topics if it lingers too long in a certain spot, or if I am absent and grow bore of the subject. If this happens, or if I just lose interest all the way, I will inform you about it. Don't fret, I don't just randomly disappear without telling you first. If I become totally inadequate for the part I am playing, I will inform you once more. I'd expect the same as well- communication is key~ ahaha. If the situation or part is salvable, then we’ll talk it over. (:

Now, for those who are just here for the ideas… (;

• I Swear, I’m a Good Person.
    Genres
    Action, Suspense, Comedy, Light-Hearted-ness,

Number
    This roleplay would be a small group roleplay, consisting of about 4 to 6 individuals including myself.

Summary
    A small group of individuals are completely in the rut; their lives are granted, not the best. In fact, it’s the lowest the group has ever been. They are unsatisfied with their life and want thrill, riches and independent wealth from the government. So what does the group of friends decide to do? That’s right, rob a bank. Not just any bank- the National Bank of America; the largest and most secured bank within the North American Region. Sure, this sounds completely insane to begin with, but what about the fact that not one of the friends is mentally sane? That’s right; all of them are completely, utterly and undoubtedly insane- and in the last degree too.

Side Notes
    This particular roleplay would have to have a lot of interaction with other roleplayers to begin. Perhaps, if this becomes popular, we could make a separate post of the individuals meeting, and then go to the roleplay. Of course, we could always discuss their meetings in OOC tab before starting for those who’d like to begin the actual roleplay. The roleplay would take place in Washington DC, and yes, the bank is made up (not like it really matters). The individuals can have mental disorders as stated, but I’d rather them to just be utterly insane- you know, talking to the magical unicorns, acting like their on drugs- 24hrs of the day; the usual.

• Bio Hazard
    Genres
    Post-Apocalyptic, Action, Thriller, Sci-Fi, Psychological,

Number
    Once again, this would be more of a group roleplay, but this time, it would have an unlimited amount of people joining.

Summary
    After years of studying, the government has finally found the perfect weapon of mass destruction in war- a bioweapon. The code name for this soon became Bio Hazard Project (creative, right?) and the military kept it top secret. They originally started to use prisoners of war and state that had the death penalty for experimentation, although, they sonly switched to soldiers when the project turned to be successful. When other countries and such found out about this experimentation, a war broke all out- civil wars in countries became a string a common happenings, bombs soon became normal and soldiers amongst the streets were like seeing everyday citizens.
    While as powerful as it was, the Bio Hazard Project soon found its own faults- the chemical in the brain malfunctioned and practically melted and morphed the brains; causing the victims who have been experimented on to go completely chaotic- killing everything in sight. Those who have survived contact (bite, scratch, etc) soon became the creature themselves, only, this time, their bodies mutated as well. After years of enduring this, humanity began to fade- only, certain individuals refused to. A handful of people stocked up a resistant to the toxic Bio Hazard and it’s results where proven a success to slow down the process. Now, these individuals look for a cure, while the Bio Hazard is slowly eating at their brain- they are on the brink of breaking, the brink to descend into the depths of a damned creature.

Side Notes
    Basically, your character(s) will be searching for a cure, while trying not to succumb the Bio Hazard. Your character(s) could already be half mutated, or perhaps looking perfectly normal- all that matters is that your character must have, at some point, animalistic faults in their personality and mental health. They can be a complete homicidal freak, or perhaps just completely insane. This roleplay will be mainly about the characters’ inner psychological health and how they react not only to others of their own kind, but also of the creeping evil that is trying to swallow them whole.

• Kiss on the Cheek.
    Genres
    Romance, Betrayal, Suspense, Action, Thriller, Horror, Supernatural,

Number
    This particular roleplay can easily be done between one other person as a partnership, or as a group roleplay.

Summary
    All fair in love and war; that’s the saying, isn’t?
    A recent string of grisly murders spread throughout the Kingdom of Sparrow; it started off attacking peasants in the streets- their internal organs neatly removed along with their blood and their bodies where sewed up in the most kinder of care; clothes of the fanciest makers yet their faces where removed completely. It caught the public’s attention awfully quickly, but it died down when the noblemen found out it was only the homeless. Though, it grabbed attention once more when a politician’s daughter had been the next victim. It began from there. The murderer began to get more and more people; many of them of the most important status. Though, when the king’s son was the next victim, he went to drastic measures to send his only child left to the outskirts of his kingdom.
    While some may think that it was a good idea to send his flesh and blood to the outskirts of the Kingdom, in reality, he only fell in the trap. Playing along similar ties with a twisted Snow White and the Huntsman, the daughter of the king is stranded along the entrance of the dark woods with the Kingdom miles away, closer to the murderer than of thought.

Side Notes
    Like said, this story would be following around a different, and very twisted tale of Snow White and the Huntsman. The roleplay would be more focus on the interaction between the daughter(s) and the murderer(s); it would start off with a few posts of the main characters meeting and explaining the character’s identity (not to each other) along with giving us a sneak peak of what is actually going on in their heads. This is followed by other events (more murders and such) which eventually lead to the discovery of the murderers’ identity. If the rolplay gets (a) willing person(s), then we could go more in depth with the plot and everything.

• In Another’s Shoes.
    Genres
    Comedy, Potential Romance, Fantasy, Pre-Planned Partners,

Numbers
    This definitely has the potential to be both, a group or a partnership; although, I have a theory that it might be more interesting and a lot more fun if it was a group.

Summary
    Two people live two, totally different lives. One is in a cruddy apartment, working a little bit lower than minimum wage; while the other is in a pent house, having everyone bow down to them. The two are complete polar opposites- while one is quiet, push-over and has a very low self-esteem; the other is a narcissist who can’t seem to keep their mouth shut- a very stubborn individual who can’t seem to not be noticed. Though, what happens when the two meet and get trapped in a situation where they are forced to recognize each other? And what would happen if that faithful meeting also gets them trap inside each other’s bodies?! That’s right; the two wake up in a different body. Now the two have to find each other and find out what the hell’s going on.

Side Notes
    Once again, this will be more in depth once I get some willing roleplayers. Anyways, this roleplay focuses on character development and interaction. If in a group, I’d prefer to have the pairs be complete opposites; while they don’t have to be the opposites in the summary, they still need to be opposites. The characters will start off telling us about their life, their mental state and their daily lives before moving on to meeting each other. Once they do and once they switch, it will mainly be character driven.

This is just a few ideas I’ve came up with. I will update this thread when I get more ideas and such. Feel free to come up with your own and present them to me if you are interested. (:

If you guys are interested in my ideas or being my partner, please comment below or send me a PM. I’ll keep track of which idea can get the most people interested in. ^3^

Once again, thanks for spending time on me and reading this, I hope to hear from you guys!^^

Love,
RumPumPum(;
Last edited by rumpumpum on Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

rumpumpum
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Ferreting around.... Ideas and Partnership~

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Makenna Young on Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:56 pm

Hey! :) I myself have been looking for a partner as well, as the few I've been collaborating with in PM have mysteriously disappeared. -.- Anyway, I can't really handle a group RP at this point, thanks to school, but I'd love to do a 1x1 with you. I have plenty of ideas, and if you're interested in hearing them, just PM me. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Makenna Young
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kuroe on Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:18 pm

Sounds lovely. If we can do a 1x1x1 that'd be cool too. I can play most characters I need to, maybe well maybe not, but I'm able to do a lot of stuff. Yay. Haha, I don't really know what else to say. So yeah, I'm in.

Kuroe
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:32 am

If you're still looking for a partner, let me know and we should bounce ideas around. Your twist on Snow White and the Huntsman is very interesting. I read this a few days ago and the idea has kind of been at the back of my mind ever since.

LockandKey
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!