Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Folie Noire: War of the Hybrids (Marvel Universe) OOC

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Folie Noire: War of the Hybrids (Marvel Universe) OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seerow on Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:35 pm

“Listen, whoever you are, no one can control the symbiotes! NO ONE!”

Henry Gyrich has a problem. A predicament far beyond the everyday trouble, his shoes were well tied and his hair kept in place. His family was doing well, and crime was at an all time low. However, Henry Gyrich had a problem none the less. He helped to create some of the most powerful sentient beings in existence…
The problem is, that they’ve escaped.

Rules:
1. Standard RP rules apply as far as God Moding and what not.
2. Applications must be accepted before play may proceed.
3. If I ask for modifications to a character please understand that it is to balance the game, not to insult you. All characters are beautiful, just some don’t always fit smoothly.

Legend
I. Background.
II. Symbiotes and Mutants (As they work in this RP)
III. Character Skeleton.
A. A favor to ask of applicants
B. Marvel Characters taken
IV. Where the Marvel universe might stand.

The story thus far….
Henry Gyrich is a name well known be it loved or hated among relations between superhumans and the United States Government. He was tasked for a long while with overseeing Avengers operations and has dealings with mutants, Spider-man, and even S.H.I.E.L.D.
When high tensions were mounted due to high civilian casualties from superhuman battles. It was up to Gyrich to establish an alternative program to counteract the damage wrought from these titanic matches.
The solution came in the form of a secluded scientist whom only referred to himself as “The Kraken”. The secretive science whiz offered a desperate man a desperate solution. They could build a small army of unstoppable soldiers to intervene and ultimately replace the need for such groups as The Avengers altogether.
The idea was to take mutants off the street, and use inhuman experimentation to enhance their various abilities. With some brainwashing and possibly implants, The Kraken promised Gyrich would have full control over these elite mutants.

Fortunately for the kidnapped mutants, there was no inhumane experimentation. The good doctor was granted access to a repertoire of government facilities including Ryker’s Island where an inmate named Cletus Kassidy was selected as guinea pig. The plan soon became very clear.
Gyrich by this point had caught wind of a rat, and had the entire operation investigated. The Kraken turned out to be Otto Octavius, and the whole scheme a mere set up for him to bulid a personal garrison of symbiote warriors. In order to amplify the mutants, he had each of them bonded to one of the alien suits.
The lab was shut down, and each of the victims was captured and were immediately set to be transported to Muir Island to be separated from the symbiotes. Unfortunately communication with the transport was lost, and later discovered to be destroyed. In poor judgement Cletus Kassidy was mistaken to be a mutant, so the theory is that he was behind the escape somehow.

(There are a lot of questions left unanswered, this is done intentionally. Gives you the players a chance to fill in gaps or even explain things.)

Symbiotes and Mutants a dangerous Hybrid:

For quick reference Symbiotes provide the following benefits:
Superhuman Strength- That is about on par with ol Spider-man himself. This is especially seen at the earliest comics where Venom was chucking cars at the wall crawler.

Superior speed, agility, dexterity, ect.- This in part reflects on the host as well. Carnage is more nimble then the bulkier Venom. Scream was a faster mover then her fellow symbiotes as well.

Enhanced endurance and durability- A person in a Symbiote suit can take a beating. Their resistance is actually greatly changed. I honestly doubt Eddie or Cletus could take a single punch from a superhuman before they became Venom and Carnage.

Memory- If the Symbiote was bonded to a previous host, it retains their memories and experience. Though this won’t be as important to anyone playing a Hybrid (as the symbiotes are new) it might come up if one of them gets separated.

Healing- Symbiotes heal quickly, the only real exceptions are if the wounds were caused by fire or sonic weapons.

In addition to all of these things, the aliens can enhance abilities already possessed by its host. Thus why bonding to mutants would make a terrifyingly powerful being. How they aid the test subjects is up to interpretation.

Character Skeleton:
Original and Unoriginal characters may apply to be a Hybrid. Just be careful who you pick if you wish to a play a Marvel Hybrid. A symbiote Storm for example, would probably be way too powerful.
Also I’m only allowing a handful of Hybrids, five at the most.

Name:
Alias: (If any)
Race: ((Place Hybrid here to apply as one of the Mutant/Symbiote positions.))
Appearance: (Text is perfectly acceptable))
Powers/Abilities/Talents:
History:

A favor to ask for all Hybrid Applicants:
Do please be very careful what kind of powers you give to your character. You are a mutant already which gives you the advantage. Top that off with a symbiote suit and you’re going to have a distinct advantage anyone not playing a Hybrid will lack.
I will not accept vague powers, I.E. “Controls shadows, Commands Fire,”

Granted I understand that the limitation of Marvel characters are pushed all the time. Especially when it comes to the X-men, but they all started with limitations. Some only have one trick. *Cough* Cyclops *Cough*

A favor to ask for all Marvel Character Applicants:
Please do skele for them. While everyone pretty much knows these characters, I feel it is important that you have some control of them. After all there’s been a dozen versions of Wolverine and if you like a particular way he’s portrayed the skele will allow you to alter the history in the way you see fit.
This will also allow you to ease into the story seamlessly.

Marvel Characters that are taken:
Anti-Venom-Non-existent
Toxin- non-playable
Venom- (Sorry guys taking him out right away. Every Marvel themed RP I’ve ran everyone squabbles and argues for this guy. So I’m taking him out of the running now.)
Magneto- Accepted
Punisher-Accepted
Nate Summers-Reserved
Jean Grey-Reserved
Scarlet Witch-Reserved
Doctor Octopus-Reserved
Deadpool-Reserved
Gateway-Reserved
Nightcrawler-reserved

Where the Marvel Universe might stand.
Not so much official as its just some thoughts to get started with.

Brotherhood of Mutants- Super powered mutants you say? If Magneto could take the Hybrids under his wing who knows what he could do.

X-men- Mutants are the victims again, so it would come as no surprise that Xavier wants to help them. Where he stands on them being joined with an alien costume? Well I just don’t know.

Spider friends- You can bet Spidey is going to go after them. Especially since Carnage is involved. He doesn’t want another Maximum Carnage brawl to go down. Besides who knows what the Hybrids are capable of, and no one is sure if they’re friendly or not.

Spider foes- Doctor Octopus created the Hybrids, and in his folly was unable to control them before his operation got shut down. It’s quite possible he would recruit fellow villains to help bring his creations home.

The Avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D.- Since Gyrich spearheaded the operation, its going to fall directly to these groups to clean up the mess. You can bet they’ll know before anyone else does that the Hybrids are loose.

(In case it requires clarification, yes this rp is based around several stories within the Marvel Universe. Chiefly all the Venom mini-series including Lethal Protector and Separation anxiety.)
Last edited by Seerow on Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Seerow
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Folie Noire: War of the Hybrids (Marvel Universe) OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyghtfang on Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:27 am

I would like to reserve a hybrid and Nightcrawler.
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nyghtfang
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seerow on Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:51 am

Righty-O! And thanks for applying.

Seerow
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyghtfang on Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:26 am

You might want to put up a thread "RPers wanted" thread in a few hours, once people really start getting on. I would, but I have to head to school in two and a half hours.

I have few questions about the symbiote.

And I hate that you took out my all time favorite character in the marvel universe: VENOM
That got me down. I was looking forward to playing him. 'Course you had a pretty good reason. But the easy solution of the quareling over that character is this sentence: "I'm the GM, that person got to Venom first, so the get him and if you have a problem with that, deal with it."

Nyghtfang
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheGoddessReborn on Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:25 am

i would like to reserve a spot for a brother-hood character. Jean Grey and or Scarlet Witch if possible.
Last edited by TheGoddessReborn on Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheGoddessReborn
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentChorus on Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:46 am

Scratch that Scott is my man and all but he wouldn't fit in quite well and I'm feeling that if there is a war coming I gotta roll with The punisher.
Last edited by SilentChorus on Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SilentChorus
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Typhon13 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:01 am

I'll play doc-ock once this gets going

Typhon13
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFirstFist on Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:12 am

I'd like to Reseve Deadpool from the comic's if at all possible.
Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow forth like a river. And the three will spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god

TheFirstFist
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chulance on Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:32 pm

I'd like to play a few characters.

Nate Summers, and Magneto

I'll put up their character Sheet's.
Have you ever dreamed of being extraordinary, being able to wield a super-human ability? Tissue Regeneration, Teleportation, Electricity Manipulation? What If I told you could, the way to obtain these abilities is simple. Click the Links.
OOC:http://www.roleplaygateway.com/heroes-heroes-villains-t29924.html
IC:http://www.roleplaygateway.com/heroes-heroes-villains-t29956.html

Chulance
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Illusionist on Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:16 pm

Darnit! I wanted Deadpool! *Growls angrily at 'thefirstfist' *

... *sigh*. I guess I'll pick another character.

Edit:
I'll take Gateway and a hybrid if possible. I have to do some thinking to come up with which mutant would make a really cool (but not overpowered) hybrid.
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep ... and miles to go before I sleep.

Illusionist
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seerow on Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:00 pm

Wow, what a cast we have going.

TheGoddessReborn
Both those characters are available and I'll have them waiting for you.

SilentChorus
The Punisher is an interesting choice. He is also reserved for you.

Typhon 13
Hmmm, The good doctor was brought into the back story as I'm sure your aware. It would be nice to see that what you had in mind for Otto. Reserved and waiting for you.

Thefirstfist
Deadpool? He's gotten a lot more popular recently. Though he is a joke character I think he'll fit in quite well, being the Merc with a Mouth and all. Reserved

Chulance
Nate Summers? Cable if I'm not mistaken. We'll need that character sheet for sure, I'm not overly familiar with him.
Magneto of course is very welcome we need opposing sides. Both are reserved

Illusionist
That's... interesting Gateway? I'm going to love to see the char sheet for him.

For all Hybrid applicants I believe almost all the slots are still available. Please do be careful, and when they are ready feel free to post them.
Last edited by Seerow on Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seerow
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chulance on Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:34 pm

Name: Max Einsenhardt
Alias:Magneto, Erik Magnus Lehnsherr, Erik the Red, Grey King, White King, Michael Xavier, "the Creator," White Pilgrim, Prisoner #214782, several others
Race: Mutant
Appearance: Image

Powers/Abilities/Talents: Magnetic Field Manipulation: Magnetic Field Manipulation: One of the most powerful beings on the planet, Magneto is a mutant with the superhuman power to channel and manipulate magnetic fields that exist naturally or artificially. Magneto's power is, for all practical purposes, limitless. Magneto can maintain total control of an entire planet's electromagnetic field and manipulate it accordingly. Magneto has harnessed magnetism to stop armies, raise islands from ocean floors, move mountains, change the course of rivers, and threaten to devastate the world with apocalyptic floods and continent shaking earthquakes. Magneto once blanketed the entire globe with a self-generated electromagnetic pulse that caused widespread devastation. Moreover, he can use his magnetic powers in more than one way simultaneously. He can completely assemble a complicated machine within seconds through his powers. It is unclear, however, whether he must draw magnetic force from outside himself (if so, then he can do so over vast distances), or whether he can also generate magnetic force from within himself. Nor is it clear whether Magneto's power is psionic or purely physiological in nature.

* Magnetic Force-Fields: Magneto usually protects himself with a personal force field that he can quickly expand to protect large areas. His force field has withstood the effects of multiple nuclear weapons, volcanic eruptions, the depths of space and attacks from multiple super-humans.

* Magnetic Flight: Magneto is also capable of sustaining flight for very long distances and at varying speeds. He apparently has several means by which he achieves flight, one of which is by gliding along the planet's natural magnetic lines of force, another by simply creating a repulsive force between himself and the planet, propelling himself thus. By using his magnetic powers, Magneto can virtually travel at trans-light speeds; however, in order to travel in space, Magneto also requires his force field to breathe.
* Matter Manipulation: Magneto is able to manipulate matter even to the subatomic level for a number of purposes[8]. This might explain why, his not limited to objects with metallic properties and is able to manipulate objects with non metallic properties like wood, stone, plastics etc. to such a degree[9].
* Electromagnetic Sight: By concentrating, Magneto can perceive the world around himself as patterns of magnetic and electrical energy. He can perceive the natural magnetic auras surrounding living beings.
* Metallic Bonding: Magneto has recently presented the power to atomically bond metallic substances to any designated surface material. This newly developed technique allows Magneto to blend metallic alloys with the earth, water, and air (HoM).
* Organic Iron Manipulation: Magneto can control the traces of iron within organic matter, which allows him to have full control over an opponent's body. He can manipulate the iron-enriched blood-flow to one's brain to induce aneurysms or unconsciousness, alter thoughts and perceptions, or blank a person's mind completely. He can even remove ferrous compounds from the bloodstream entirely through a person's skin. Magneto has used his magnetic abilities to extract the Adamantium bonded to Wolverine's biomolecular skeletal structure.
* Geomagnetic Link: Magnus is tied very closely to Earth's EM Field. As is it effected, so is he. He knows instinctively all that happens to it, and with this link, is granted an odd sort of immortality. Earth lends him strength by it's simple existence. He draws on it all unconsciously.
* Superhuman Strength: Under normal conditions, Magneto possesses the physical strength of a well conditioned athlete. However, he can channel vast amounts of magnetic energy through his body for the purpose of granting himself vast superhuman strength which limits are unknown. Whatever those limits might be, he is ultimately able to lift far in excess of 100 tons with ease.
* Superhuman Stamina: As a result of increasing his strength, he dramatically increases the overall efficiency of his musculature. While magnetically enhanced, his muscles produce considerably less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of a normal human. Magneto can exert himself physically for up to at least a few days before the build up of fatigue toxins in his blood starts to impair him.
* Superhuman Durability: Under normal conditions, Magneto possesses the physical durability of a well conditioned athlete. However, he can channel vast amounts of magnetic energy through his body for the purpose of granting himself vast superhuman durability, to the point he can shrug off punches to the face from super humans such as Namor and Colossus while weakened and remain unharmed[10].
* Superhuman Reflexes: He naturally possesses enhanced reflexes. He can further enhance this reflexes with magnetic energy, to the point he can pluck out of the air with his hand, superhumans as swift and fast as the likes of Northstar with ease.
* Superhuman Speed

Electromagnetic Spectrum Manipulation: Although Magneto's primary power is magnetism, he has some ability to project or manipulate any form of energy that is related to the electromagnetic spectrum. He can fire and absorb bolts of electricity and magnetic force, reverse lasers and other forms of radiation or energy, create enough intense heat as infrared radiation to level a city, manipulate gravity, and become invisible by deflecting visible light around his body. Infrared radiation is part of the electromagnetic spectrum, which also includes visible light, radio waves, ultraviolet light, gamma rays and x-rays -- Magneto can project any of these. Magneto has demonstrated the capacity to produce a wormhole, and to safely teleport himself and others by means of the wormhole.

Genius-level Intellect: A mastermind, Magneto is a genius within various scientific fields. He is an expert on genetic engineering and mutation, with knowledge far beyond that of contemporary science. He can mutate humans in order to give them superhuman powers, instill genetic mind-control, create adult clones of human beings, and then manipulate the genetic structures of these clones during their development. He has designed magnetically-powered aircraft and spacecraft, complex robots and computers, and magnetically-powered generators and created artificial living beings, space stations said to possess technology even |Reed Richards would envy, and machines capable of nullifying mutant powers within a radius of several miles.

Military Training: Magneto is a skilled strategist and has more than a rudimentary knowledge of hand-to-hand combat.

Weaknesses
Physical Condition: Magneto's ability to wield his superhuman powers effectively is dependent upon his physical condition. When severely injured, his body is unable to withstand the strain of manipulating great amounts of energy. When his powers are not at their peak, he also appears to have greater difficulty controlling forces other than magnetism. There is a possibility that Magneto simply has a genetic predisposition to magnetism that simply makes it easy for him to manipulate it. Magneto also is limited by the fact that he needs food, water and oxygen in order to survive. He is also suseptible to physical and mental fatigue that can ultimately affect his ability to adequately use his powers.

History: Magneto has lived a very long life, and done various things. He's had a sad childhood, and over time developed a hatred towards humanity. He grew to believe humans to be superior and they needed to taken over. After learning of the hybrid project thanks to a telepathic member of the Brotherhood, he set out to gather the hybrids and use the Symbiotes to raise an army of hybrids. Although he wanted to find a way to gain control of the Symbiotes, without becmoing one himself.

(I can make his history longer but it would take a while)

Chulance
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentChorus on Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:41 pm

Name: Frank castle(formerly Frank castiglione)

Alias: The Punisher

Race: Human

Appearance: Image

Powers/Abilities/Talents: Being a former marine frank has underwent various military combat training. He is at marksmanship,demolitions,hand to hand combat,underwater operations,guerilla warfare,stealth,knife fighting and field medicine along with other useful traits. Being a human Frank possesses no powers but he is feared among criminals and quite brutal towards them. He has a wide range of weaponry and is highly effective while using them.

History: http://marvel.com/universe/Punisher_(Frank_Castle)

SilentChorus
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seerow on Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:15 pm

Both Magneto and The Punisher are accepted.

Seerow
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyghtfang on Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:50 am

I'm going with the younger style Nightcrawler here

Name: Kurt Wagner
Alias: Nightcrawler
Appearance:
Powers
Nightcrawler is a mutant who can teleport by opening a portal into another dimension, travelling through it via an unconscious direction-finding sense, and returning to his own dimension. When teleporting, Nightcrawler leaves behind a small portion of the atmosphere of the other dimension that escapes with a muffled “bamf” sound and smells of brimstone. On returning, his power automatically displaces any extraneous liquids and gases.
Nightcrawler can easily teleport north south along Earth's magnetic lines of force. However, teleporting east west against them or teleporting vertically is more difficult. Under optimal conditions, Nightcrawler can teleport 2 miles east west, 3 miles north south, and 2 miles vertically if he exerts himself. Nightcrawler's momentum is retained when teleporting, so he arrives with the same inertia he left with. He can reduce this by teleporting short distances in the opposite direction.
Nightcrawler has a limited unconscious extrasensory ability that prevents him from teleporting into any area that he cannot see or has not seen in the past, as doing so runs the risk of injury or death by materializing partially or entirely within a solid object.
Through practice, Nightcrawler has increased the mass he can teleport with him, though the limit to the amount of weight he can carry when teleporting and the distance over which he can teleport with such additional loads are unknown. Teleporting with Nightcrawler often leaves a passenger feeling weak and nauseous.
Nightcrawler is also able to cling to solid surfaces via his hands and feet. He can also render himself nigh-invisible in shadows by manipulating the ever-present portal to the dimension he teleports through so as to bend light around himself.
Abilities
Nightcrawler is an Olympic-class acrobat thanks to his flexible spine that allows him to perform contortionist-like feats and to go long periods in a semi-crouching position without injury. He is a skilled hand-to-hand combatant and a master at fencing, which he can even perform with his tail, which is strong enough to support his entire body weight.
Weapons
Nightcrawler formerly wielded a pair of swords.
Paraphernalia
Nightcrawler occasionally uses an image inducer to disguise his true appearance with a holographic form.

History:
http://marvel.com/universe/Nightcrawler

Considering i'm using the youynger Nightcrawler, I'm sure you can figure out what parts of the Bio in the link I'm using (I dout anyone's that inept), but if you want me to put down the history, I will. Just let me know.

Nyghtfang
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFirstFist on Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:52 am

Name:Wade Wilson
Alias: Deadpool; The Merc with a mouth
Appearance:Image
Powers:Deadpool possesses the normal strength of a man of his age, height, and build who engages in intensive regular exercise. Deadpool's only known power is his superhuman healing factor, which is a recreation of the one possessed by the mutant Wolverine. He is an extraordinary hand-to-hand combatant and is skilled in several unarmed combat technique. Deadpool employs a number of weapons, including various blades and guns, which he utilizes as both a master marksman and swordsman. He also relies on a teleportation device to whisk him in and out of danger.

History:: The foul-mouthed mercenary now known as Deadpool was once little more than medical waste, written off as a miscarriage of science and technology by the directors of the Canadian government's enigmatic Weapon X project. Were its name known outside certain highly specialized circles, the black-ops initiative would have boasted a distinguished -- if blood-spattered -- track record. Previously, it's technicians had spawned a number of noteworthy scions -- including the feral Wolverine, maverick mutant adventurer, and the savage Sabretooth, psychotic murder machine.

And they had looked forward to an uninterrupted string of successes. Enter Wade Wilson. Diagnosed with cancer, the gun-for-hire left the woman he loved and accepted an unorthodox offer of salvation. Playing upon his hope for a cure, the Weapon X scientists attempted to recreate Wolverine's genetically endowed healing factor through artificial means. Although successful, the Byzantine procedure left Wilson's epidermis and face a horridly callused mess. Considered a failure, he was consigned to a prison laboratory for program rejects. Unable at first to accept his mangled appearance, Wilson slipped into the darkest pit of his soul. He killed several guards and escaped -- dubbing himself "Deadpool," after the facility. Some time later, he re-emerged as one of the world's foremost mercenaries-for-hire.

After cementing his reputation as a solider of fortune and quasi-super hero, Deadpool signed on the dotted line for the terrorist known as Tolliver. His target: the time-tossed mutant freedom fighter called Cable. Deadpool learned that his former lover -- Vanessa Carlyle, the shapeshifter named Copycat -- was posing as Cable's girlfriend and teammate, the probability-altering Domino. Wilson launched repeated offensives against Cable and his mutant strike team, X-Force -- culminating with a battle in which Tolliver was killed and Vanessa seriously wounded. Deadpool showed mercy on his former flame, diverting a portion of his powers to heal her injuries.

Escaping custody in a metal asylum, Deadpool gained the attention of the interdimensional firm of Landau, Luckman & Lake. LL&L believed Deadpool to be the Mithras, one who would usher in a new golden age for the inhabitants of Earth. But the prophecy was a sham: The being destined to bring this era to life actually would transform the planet's inhabitants into mindless, grinning boobs. Deadpool averted disaster, but internal politics within LL&L brought an end to their relationship. His optimism again shattered, Wilson returned to his status as a killer-for-hire.

TheFirstFist
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Illusionist on Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:49 pm

Okay, I'm going to have to take few liberties with Gateway. I didn't know this character was so undeveloped in the comics so I'll have to make a few changes. I hope thats ok.
Name: Unknown
Alias: Gateway
Appearance:
Although he wouldn't wear the headband or carry a sword.

Powers/Abilities/Talents: Trans-Dimensional Gateways: Gateway is in tune with the spiritual force of his people that allows him to create teleportational "gateways" from one location to another. Gateway creates these warp tunnels, which can traverse both time and space. The gateways can be used for both observation and transport. The exact limits of how much mass can be transported is yet to be revealed.

There are no known limits to Gateway's teleportational range. He has, for example, transported the X-Men from Australia to the United States and back using his powers, as well as transporting them trans-dimensionally to another Earth. He also opened up gateways that observe past events, such as the one that allowed the feral X-Man Wolverine and the ninja named Elektra to learn the truth behind the powerful psionic being known as Onslaught.

Trans-Realm Clairvoyance: enables him to view other times, dimensions, and physical planes. He is virtually omniscient, as he is described as "the repository of the knowledge of humanity, the living index of every hard earned scrap of information gleaned in our ascent from mindless savagery."

(Thats the cannon info from the comics, but since my version of gateway is a lot younger than he was in the comics his powers wont be fully developed. His transrealm Clairvoyance will likely not be trans-realm. He'll only be aware of things happening at the moment in his own dimension and physical plane, and he'd have to meditate to have access to that information. Also creating gateways that transverse time will be very taxing on him, he'll likely only be able to do it once per day, and even then he'd only do it if he absolutely had to. In the comics he spins a 'bullroarer' (whatever that is) over his head when creating gateways, but I'm dropping that detail if its alright. Also gateway will be more talkative than in the comics.)

History: Nothing has been revealed about the origin of the indigenous Australian known only as Gateway before he was forced into service by the Reavers, a band of criminal cyborgs who used Gateway's teleportational abilities to travel from place to place.

It was the Reavers who named the man "Gateway," as his true name is, apparently, known only to himself. The team of superhuman mutants known as the X-Men tracked the Reavers from Hong Kong to their outback base and defeated them in battle. After defeating the Reavers, the X-Men took over their headquarters. Gateway began voluntarily using his teleportational powers to transport the X-Men from place to place. Gateway thus became an unofficial member of the team, but he himself remains a mystery even to them.

When trouble started over the Hybrid mutants Gateway was invited to the X-mansion, by Xavier who expected he could use his talents.
------

Name: Mortimer Toynbee
Alias: Toad
Race: Hybrid
Appearance: His symbiote suit is green with thin black lines running across in a vien-like pattern. Without his suit he'd look like this:
Without the symbiote:
Toad possesses superhuman leg strength and endurance, agility, reflexes, coordination, and a superhuman ability to leap great distances. He also has the ability to elongate his tounge like a whip and ensnare objects and people. His tongue is superhumanly strong and tough. He is also able to secrete an adhesive resin from his hands and feet. He can secrete odorless pheremonous venom that he is able to use to influence minds to a limited extent.

With the sybiote:
His leg strength is hulk-ish, and his endurage, agility, reflexes, and coordination are all further increased. His tounge can be quickly extended to any length, and has further enhanced strength allowing it to lift and crush cars or busses. He can leap up to a mile in vertical and/or horizontal distance. He can secrete a poisonous adhesive resin from any part of his body, especially his his hands, feet, and tounge (alternatively he can spit it at high velocity). The resin can eat through clothing, and will paralyze if it touches one's skin and will kill if not removed (which is difficult because it's extremely sticky). His pheremonous secretions are more powerful and gives him the ability to control the minds of lesser animals, and greatly influence the minds of humans/mutants. (The pheromones will simply give humans/mutants a strong subconscious inclination to obey him and not allow him to come to harm if there is a battle going on, also may cause sexual attraction from victims of the opposite gender.)

The symbiote would influence his personality transforming him from a lackey to more of a strong willed, impulsive, and self-serving person (all though this transformation would occur gradually).

History: British-born Mortimer Toynbee was abandoned by his parents so early in childhood that he cannot remember them. He was placed in an orphanage where the other children, who regarded him as a freak due to his ugliness, his unusual physique, and his leaping ability, continually tormented him. Toynbee was so traumatized by his loneliness and the continual abuse he received that it affected his learning abilities. The teachers and administrators in the orphanage therefore regarded Toynbee as mentally retarded, even though, in actuality, he was of normal intelligence. So desperate did Toynbee become for affection that he developed a pathetically subservient personality, and would unquestioningly obey anyone he thought sincerely cared about him.

At some point after achieving adulthood, Toynbee was discovered by Magneto and recruited for his Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Magneto gave Toynbee the alias of the Toad because of Toynbee's powers, appearance, and personality. The Toad blinded himself to Magneto's continual verbal and physical abuse because Magneto was out to conquer the human race that had rejected the Toad.

Later Toad got abducted and forced into a program that bonded a symbiote to him. He escaped and now he roams free, enjoying his enhanced powers, though he plans to report back to Magneto sometime soon.
Last edited by Illusionist on Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Illusionist
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheGoddessReborn on Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:19 pm

Name: Wanda Maximoff

Aliases: Wanda Frank, Wanda Magnus, Ana Maximoff, Gypsy Witch, The Witch

Family: Pietro (Quicksilver, twin brother), Magnus (Magneto, father)

Apperence: Image

Power Level: Omega-Level

Powers

Chaos Reality Warping: Scarlet Witch's main power is the superhuman ability to manipulate chaos magic

Hex Bolts: Initially, the Scarlet Witch had the ability to manipulate probability via her "hexes" (often manifesting physically as "hex spheres" or "hex bolts"). These hexes are relatively short range, and are limited to her line of sight. Casting a hex requires a gesture and concentration on her part, though the gestures are largely a focus for the concentration. Early in her career, her hexes were unconscious on her part, and would be automatically triggered whenever she made a particular gesture, regardless of her intent. These hexes would only manifest "bad luck" effects. She later gained enough control over her powers that her powers only work when she wants them to, and they are not limited to negative effects. She can use her hexes to light flammable objects, contain or remove air from a particular volume, deflect objects, stop the momentum of projectiles, open doors, explode objects, create force fields and deflect magical attacks. Her powers while beginning to unveil a higher potential appeared capable of prevailing against the mastered mystical ones of Dormammu in his own Dark Dimension when she and the Avengers fought against him for Avalon's Evil Eye power-object, albeit indirectly by disrupting the energies of Dormammu and the Eye.

Flight: Wanda has recently portrayed the ability to fly, though even prior to her mental collapse she has inexplicably demonstrated such an ability. The full extent to this ability is unknown.

Teleportation: She has recently been seen teleporting herself and numerous other persons across distant locations from oceans and foreign countries.

Expert Knowledge of Sorcery: Wanda was trained by Agatha Harkness in witchcraft. Her sorceress training has not given her a set of powers separate from her mutant abilities, but only honed her control over her existing abilities. She has, however, a special affinity for the natural elements and materials that witches utilize in their spells: the four alchemical elements, wood, organic substances, etc.

HIstory: http://marvel.wikia.com/Wanda_Maximoff_(Earth-616)

Aliases: Marvel Girl, Ms. Psyche, Redd Dayspring, Phoenix, The White Phoenix of the Crown

Power-Level: Omega-Level

Powers: Telekinesis: telekinetic abilities enable her to levitate herself or other objects, propel or manipulate them however she wishes, stimulate individual molecules to create heat, and generate concussive force or protective shields.

(to see full list) http://marvel.wikia.com/Jean_Grey_(Earth-616)

It was later revealed that Phoenix had a secondary mutation. This mutation makes her the physical embodiment of the Phoenix Force; she and the Phoenix itself has stated that they are in fact one and the same being. The Phoenix powers are infinite. She is able to manipulate matter and energy on a sub-atomic scale, although there is substantial variation in the amount of power she has access to at any point based on her current health, mental blocks (natural or constructed - by herself or others), and sometimes for other more esoteric reasons.

Appereance:Image

TheGoddessReborn
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Typhon13 on Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:24 pm

Name:
Alias:
Race:
Appearance:
http://www.samruby.com/Villains/Ultimat ... cOck17.gif

Powers/abilities:
Octavius is a genius in the field of atomic physics, and he holds a Ph. D. in nuclear science. A brilliant engineer and inventor, he is also a superb strategist and a charismatic leader.

Due to exposure to atomic radiation, Doctor Octopus has the mental ability to control his four, electrically powered, telescoping, prehensile, titanium-steel, artificial, tentacle arms (even when they are not connected to him, he can also control them over vast distances), that are attached to a stainless-steel harness encompassing his lower torso. These arms are capable of lifting several tons, provided that at least one arm is used to support his body. The reaction time and agility of his mechanical appendages is enhanced far beyond the range attainable for normal human musculature. The arms allow Octavius to move rapidly over any terrain and to scale vertical surfaces and ceilings. He has developed his concentration and control to the point that he can engage a single opponent, like Spider-Man, or multiple opponents with the arms while performing a completely separate, more delicate task, such as stirring coffee or constructing a machine.

His current harness is made of a titanium-steel-niobium alloy mixture that is dense but light weight in composition. While wearing the harness, the arms are powerful enough to allow him to walk up sheer concrete walls and move about quickly. They are also used to grab items, both small and large, and as literal weapons in terms of being swung at objects and people like clubs. The pincers at the end of each tentacle can also be used to cut and tear into the flesh of his enemies. The adamantium harness was powerful enough to both restrain and pummel the Hulk into submission. The harness is also capable of holding a small jetpack allowing him to fly to places faster and able to evade Spider-Man more easily. Doctor Octopus is even capable of whirling his tentacles around to deflect small projectiles like bullets. The ends of the tentacles are covered in high-energy nanites that allow octavious to morph them to a variety of tools, such as a tazer, flamethrowers & machine guns

Octavious is rendered nearly blind when his eyes are exposed to direct sunlight

History/Bio:
Born in Schenectady, New York, Otto Octavius had a turbulent upbringing. His father, Torbert, a factory worker, was abusive and violent towards both Otto and his mother Mary, leading Otto to be shy and reclusive in school. Young Otto's shyness and good work in school got him targeted as a "teacher's pet" and a subject for bullying. Torbert Octavius did not appreciate having a bullied son, more for having to pay the bills for new pairs of eyeglasses than other things, and roared at Otto to use violence in dealing with the bullies. Mary Octavius would defend her son from Torbert's tirades, saying Otto was a gifted thinker who would use his brain to solve problems, not his fists. At his mother's insistence and her disgust towards men who worked in manual labor (clearly due to her abusive husband), Otto was determined not to become like his father and threw all his efforts into his education, regularly scoring top marks. Otto's devotion to study paid off with him being awarded a university scholarship. During Otto's freshman year of college, his father's death due to an industrial accident pushed Otto towards the study of, and obsession with, physical science. After graduating from college, Otto Octavius found work in an engineering firm.

Otto became a brilliant and respected nuclear physicist, atomic research consultant, inventor, and lecturer. He designed a set of highly advanced mechanical arms controlled via a brain-computer interface to assist him with his research into atomic physics. The tentacle arms were resistant to radiation and were capable of great strength and highly precise movement, attached to a harness that fit around his body.

Though his relationship with co-workers was typically hostile, a fellow researcher named Mary Alice Anders befriended him when Otto impressed her with a demonstration of his harness, explaining that he invented it for scientists to be able to handle dangerous chemicals from a safe distance, and the two began a courtship. In due time, Otto proposed marriage to Mary Alice, and joyfully announced to Mary that Dr. Anders is to become his bride. However, Otto's mother did not approve, believing that no woman was good enough for her son. To please her, he ended his engagement. Later, when he discovered that his mother had begun dating a librarian, he rebuked her causing her to have a fatal heart attack in the heat of their argument. With the death of Otto's mother and Mary Alice Anders out of his life, Octavius' disposition towards nearly everyone became mean-spirited, and he had become more distracted from paying attention to detail and safety precautions in his work.

During an accidental radiation leak that ended in an explosion, the apparatus became fused to Octavius' body. It was later revealed that the radiation (or possibly his own latent mutation) had mutated his brain so that he could control the movement of the arms using his thoughts alone. The tentacles have since been surgically removed from his body, although Octavius retains the power to control them telepathically from a great distance. The accident also seemingly damaged his brain (although it was later suggested that what was interpreted as brain damage was in fact his mind rewiring itself to accommodate four extra limbs, and the scientist turned to a life of crime.

Typhon13
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seerow on Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:34 pm

First my sincerest apologies for not responding sooner. I'm very rarely ever so busy, but every once in a while something comes up and I'm whisked away to handle a few things.
As far as I can tell all the characters are in acceptable form. We even have our first Hybrid applicant that worked out rather well.

TheGoddessReborn
You have been granted two very powerful characters. I have, however, went through some of your work and I believe that you can handle them just fine. You have a pretty big responsibility but we're sure you won't tip the scales too far any direction.

Illusionist
Yes, I am very pleased to see a Hybrid. In all honestly this story can't really begin without them. In addition it's perfectly fine to adjust the history to better bring some light on Gateway. That was the whole point of making everyone do a skeleton, because if needed a person could adjust their Marvel character to better fit in.

Toad is an interesting Hybrid choice, in many of his portrayals Toad has usually been more of a comic relief or background character then a major player. I think he will be a worthy Hybrid.

Deadpool, Jean Grey, Scarlet Witch, Gateway, Toad the Hybrid, Nightcrawler, and Doctor Octopus are all in order and are accepted.

On a further note I'd like to open the IC section, but we're lacking the most important members. If we can get at least one more Hybrid going, I'd be more then happy to get an opening post put in.

If there are any questions or concerns please post them or PM me as I'd love to address such now before the RP actually begins. Thank you all for joining lets get this party rocking!

Seerow
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!