Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Forgotten Realms: Baldur's Gate Mercenaries

a topic in Forgotten Realms, a part of the RPG forum.

Dungeons & Dragons: Forgotten Realms

Forgotten Realms: Baldur's Gate Mercenaries

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikhos on Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:11 pm

((Here is the actual RP for the Baldur's Gate Mercenaries RP. All character profs are in the OOC thread. But I'll put active characters in this thread as well. Also, joiners should go to the OOC thread and apply. Check it out.

Jakob Gray: Eon Driftor <- Tall, lean anti-paladin. Leader of the Blood Gate Mercenaries.
Walter Barrecks: Bresek <- Imp who follows Eon around. Can pretend to be many things. Can actually become a pit fiend.
Lynes: Valurra <- Dark elf assassin who does a little bit of illusions on the side.

----------------

Eon rested back in the oak chair of his office inside of Baldur's Gate. The BGM building was a semi-small building next to the Blade and Stars. The Blade was a nice old inn. It frequented the middle-class. So therefore fights weren't common and neither were thieves. That was how Eon liked it. He didn't want anyone to take his money, or what little he and his mercenary group had made. The best part was that most people were too afraid to come to the building anyway.
He ran a hand through his hair, setting the ledger down on the desk. There hadn't been an appointment made in over two weeks, and the money they had made was dwindling. He grimaced and stood up, walking out of the room and into the commonroom of the building. Inside sat Bresek, who was busy talking to himself. The wooden stools were all set up at the fire place, and Eon warmed his calloused hands at the fire, sitting on a stool.
Last edited by Mikhos on Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mikhos
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Re: Forgotten Realms: Baldur's Gate Mercenaries

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:26 pm

(I never wrote I can become a pit fiend, I was hoping if I did that to reveal it later...)

Breseks firey eyes were fixed upon his hands as he thought to himself. I hate sitting around this shameful pit, only gaining worthless currency I never will need. Even if the need should arise, I could merely force others into gathering the useless mineral. But, I always honor my word, and he asked only for one thing when I was almost laid to waste by that foolish brute. I should have forseen that imatating a strong god when I can barely lift a cinderblock was a futile effort.

Bresek's thoughts were ripped away as he felt the presense of his master, Eon. "Did a another cowardly weakling ask of our service, or are we still idling, Master?"
"She called me late last night, to say she loved me so.
But I guess you changed her mind.
Well I should have known it wouldn't be all right,
But I can't live without her
So I won't even try...
And if I get drunk, then I'll pass out on the floor now baby.
Cause you won't bother me no more.
And if you're drinking, well you know that you're my friend and I say
I guess I'll have myself a beer."
Reel Big Fish- Beer

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Walter Barrecks
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikhos on Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:42 pm

"Nahthin, Bres'k." Eon grumbled, rubbing his hands together. His wolf-fur tunic was short sleeved, but Eon couldn't let go of the tunic. The hood still had the wolf's head and ears still on it. And though he was gruff, he couldn't deny he enjoyed a good tunic.

The winter was definitely setting in on the city of Baldur's Gate, and the fire wouldn't keep sickness out. "Ya seen Valurra around at all? The wench hasn't been here for two days at least."

Mikhos
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:44 pm

Bresek laughed. "No, the only female creatures I have paid attetion to are that of the human girls that I tricked in selling their soul to become the devine. They were forced to be pleasured and disposed of. HA HA HA. I should have kept them as slaves." Bresek spread his winds, warming them up for flight. "Do you wish me to search for her, Master?"

Walter Barrecks
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikhos on Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:50 am

"Bah, the wench'll be here eventually." Eon growled, looking to the imp. "Not like there's any work to do anyways." The tall man stood up, rubbing the stubble on his chin. His splint mail clinked as his legs straightened, and he walked out the door onto the snowy streets. This area of Baldur's Gate was looking better every year as more money came into the vicinity. But even in the wintertime the city looked bleak.

((also Wally your character is acting in no way lawful actions.))

Mikhos
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lynes on Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:07 pm

Even the snow that covered the streets could not break the silence she made. Light steps carried her quickly and steadily, coming up behind Eon as silent as the night. Sword was drawn and as she crept up to stand but a mere few inches behind him the point of her scimitar came to rest lightly at his lower back, just over his spine. "Looks like the famed leader of the Blood Gate Mercs has let down his guard yet again..." she whispered, her lips in a thin smile as they lingered next to his ear. "You should be more careful..."

The sword at his back rotated a little as if she were teasing him. Then again, Valurra really meant no harm to Eon. Technically, he was the only person she showed loyalty to. Anyone else she'd just cast aside without a care in the world. This little scene was played out every now and then between them, and they both always knew the outcome though she never withdrew her sword until Eon spoke or he just made some kind of dazzling move to be "out of harms way." Valurra drew her head back, though of course stayed in her position with the point of her sword at Eon's back. The silence ensued as she waited for him, wondering if he'd reply with words or action this time.

Lynes
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Himros on Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:37 pm

Anarak Dremorg - Dremorg - Chaos Ranger
(srry jakob, just got around to it)

Himros
Member for 17 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikhos on Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:27 pm

"Valurra, you never grow up, do you?" Eon asked calmly.

A roundhouse kick knocked her scimitar out wide, two handed sword in his hands. If it were someone else they'd been skewered. "But that's good. If a Drow ever got old it'd be the end of me." He grinned. The guards wouldn't interfere. They learned better in this district.

"Where've ya been, anyways?" He asked.

Mikhos
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Himros on Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:50 pm

Anarak's wide brimmed hat tipped down over his head , he leaned against the wall and watched the fight with growing interest, he ran out of money a while ago and needed a job, the merc's where a natural choice. His non-descript jacket seemed only a burden, his dwarven mithral, chain-mesh armor little protection. The sword's strapped to his hip and shoulder scant defense. The knives hidden on his body would also likely not slow any here down should he become a target. Never the less he stood, watching, waiting.

Himros
Member for 17 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikhos on Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:44 pm

((Himros I'm going to ask you to post your profile in the OOC thread. Follow the link in the first post.))

Mikhos
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lynes on Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:52 pm

She followed the movement of her arm flying wide with a full turn, taking a few paces back away from Eon. Valurra landed on one knee sideways, turned towards Eon with her sword raised horizontally to both the ground and him. That wicked smile still played on her thin lips as she sat there a moment, listening to his words about age. "Hmm...True. I'm old by man's standard, but young by the elven one. So which am I? Young or old? One cannot say in truth, but only in musing. Then again, I would consider myself young. Why? Because I am at heart, and I shall be so until I choose to change." The statement was both simple and advanced, so how could anyone know what the drowess was saying?

While Eon was asking his question, Valurra stood and sheathed her sword at the scabbard that rested on her left hip. A light shrug was made for a first response to the question before she brought the nails of one hand in front of her, inspecting them as a bored expression came to her face. "Mmm...Causing trouble, as always. Where else?"

Lynes
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikhos on Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:00 pm

"You as well as I know that trouble doesn't have a particular place." Eon said, a rare smile flashing across his face as his sword was once more in its baldric. "You're an old wench, get over it. Anyways."

He idly stood about, the snow falling down around him. It'd been oddly romantic if Eon was dumb enough to let romance get in his way. Besides, only a fool would get himself tangled with a Drowess!

"Let's go back to the office. Anarak should be back with good news before morn."

Mikhos
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lynes on Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:18 pm

"Exactly! Now why else would I be causing trouble?" she said with a wide, devilish grin. Eon's next comment washed away her grin and she gave a snort in reply. "Old fool. I may be old by your standards but I most certainly am not by my own peoples! I doubt I'm lying when I say this, but I know you've dreamed of sharing a night with me at least once." Waving a dismissive hand at him she turned and went inside the building, patting Bresek on the head twice as she passed by him to go and sit in another chair on the other side of the room. With a fluid motion she sat, one leg crossing over the other as arms were folded at her chest.

Lynes
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Himros on Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:21 am

Anarak was adept at Hiding in not only nature, but crowds of people, being capable of throwing of even the most skilled trackers, for a time at least. He trailed not far behind the duo, and waited only a few moments before entering the room after them. "I see buisness flourished here since the last time i was sent into a death-trap." A knife in his sleeve became ready with a deft twist of the wrist, should things go bad here he would not be completely undefended. "Eon, old friend, I've come for a job."

Himros
Member for 17 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:24 am

Bresek became quickly annoyed with more and more people coming into the room. This normally was his time to think, and it was being interupted by his Master, and to other foolish mortals. "If you'll excuse me, Master. I hate being around people that are not use to me for too long." He snapped his fingers, leaving the room invisable to stay hidden.

Walter Barrecks
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikhos on Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:14 am

Eon let Vallura's comment pass with a smirk. The drow knew what was what, and it didn't seem to ever change. As he walked in he heard Anarak's voice behind him.

"Allo." He said with a nod. "Well that's if you bring a job. We haven't had a contact in weeks. I'm afraid we don't have any jobs for you, friend." He sat down as Bresek stood up. He didn't bother talking to the demon.

Mikhos
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lynes on Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:57 am

Eyes went to the door, watching as Eon and Anarak came inside. "It seems we've scared off our clientel. Either that or there's just not as many people around that need our services.." she commented with a disappointed frown.

Lynes
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Himros on Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:10 pm

Rolling his last remaining silver peice across his fingert tip's anarak flipped the coin to vallura, A test of her dexteriety. she had the look of an assasin, but you could never really tell with drow. " Might as well stick around if for nothing but the undefeatable company, eh?"

Himros
Member for 17 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lynes on Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:17 pm

Valurra set her hand palm up where the coin was going to go past her and let it land with a light pat in her hand. Fingers curled around the small object as she continued to stare at Anarak. "Hmm...Certainly have a point. Or we could travel out for a bit and find more work. More customers who need our services. What else is there to do but sit here and rot?"

Lynes
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikhos on Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:22 pm

"Nothing, that's what." Eon said decidedly. "Valurra has a point. If work won't come to us, we'll go to it. Tomorrow we'll head for Neshkel. After the whole Iron Throne thing, the place has been pretty wild. I imagine there's one group or another trying to do something inside the mines."
He sat with chin in hand, gazing over to Valurra. She was the most volatile out of the group. If she was for this venture, there wouldn't be anything stopping it from happening.

Mikhos
Member for 17 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!