Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Gateway of Life: Elemental MMO RP (NEED PEOPLE) IC

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Gateway of Life: Elemental MMO RP (NEED PEOPLE) IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby victim130 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:22 am

OOC: gateway-life-elemental-based-mmo-ooc-sign-ups-t28680.html

"Sweet the graphics are amazing in this game!" said Thom as he looked around the town of Garthon, the starting place of all new players. He looked at his bow in amazement at the freedom in movement and speach. "Hello and welcome to Gateway of Life... MUHAHAHAHA!" said the woman NPC infront of Thom. The NPC disapeared quickly after the message.

"What was that? It sounded like an ehco in my head more than an in game message," said Thom. He looked around at the other new players walking around. They all seemed to have heard the same message. "Guess it was to scare us?"

((You don't start out dying in the game it comes with time and a malfunction in the programing that stops your heart. Just thought I'd give yas the heads up.))
Last edited by victim130 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

victim130
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Gateway of Life: Elemental MMO RP (NEED PEOPLE)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Chinese Fireball on Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:52 am

Tempest's mouth dropped open as he finally saw the screen displaying the world. "The graphics are practically like real life in this game!" he mouthed to the open air. He looked around the town of Garthon, where all of the new players started out. As he took in his clothing, he looked at his wakizashis in amazement. The movement was so fluid! It felt like he was swinging in real life, not with a mouse and keyboard. And there was no connection lag! One of Tempest's fears about getting 'Gateway of Life' had been the connection lag that was part and parcel of practically every MMO now. But this was perfect! And as he moved around the areas, he noticed that there were no loading times. How is this possible?

Tempest's thoughts were interrupted a loud, ringing message that seemed to reverberate through his head. "Hello and welcome to Gateway of Life... MUHAHAHAHA!" Strange, thought Tempest. I didn't put on headphones. But as he looked around, he noticed: everyone had heard the same message. He heard a character, with the nickname of 'Victim130', say, "What was that? Guess it was to scare us?" He walked over to Victim130, but noticed that he was feeling tired from the heavy pack on his back. He frowned. No game could simulate tiredness, not even with plugs and electrodes! He absent-mindedly swung his wakizashis, stabbing them into a wooden signpost. They stuck. He pulled them out. This was strange. Very strange. He called out to the air,
"What's happening? Can you feel it? It's so lifelike!"
There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris' computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.
Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird.
Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo's hiding.
Outer space exists because it's afraid to be on the same planet as Chuck Norris.

What do you call a black man flying a plane?
A pilot, you racist.

Got Rice?

Twilight is the story of a girl's choice between necrophilia and bestiality.

My new RP: Life Imitating Art.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Chinese Fireball
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Gateway of Life: Elemental MMO RP (NEED PEOPLE)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:02 pm

Volf appeared in Garthon and found others there as well. This must be the starting area for new players. he though then heard, "Hello and welcome to Gateway of Life... MUHAHAHAHA!" What the hell? he thought then noticed everyone else heard the same message. he then heard someone call out, "What's happening? Can you feel it? It's so lifelike!" He decded to ignore that and walked over to a tree. He pulled looked in his backpack for the stuff he started with: a loaf of bread, a map of the town, and some water.
"Well... looks like I'm going to need a team." he said to himself and looked around to see who would be strong."
If you can't read this, you probably need glasses!!!

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Gateway of Life: Elemental MMO RP (NEED PEOPLE) IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sin sin on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:31 pm

Night_stars was one of the first to enter into the game since then she have been just taking it slowly and laid back, sitting under a tree shade watching people go on as their business for about half an hour now, as more and more shows up. as she was about to fall asleep under the tree with eyes closed a message ringed and echoed deeply in her head making her sitting up straight and snapping her eyes wide open 'Hello and welcome to Gateway of Life... MUHAHAHAHA!', "what th-... what the hell was that about?" she looked around for a while and spotted a few who have responded to that weird message and she just laid back once again.

Against that tree and watched people moving around she let out a small yawn. "Maybe i should start to do something soon, it's boring here" with that she took her blue wand with a crystal orb on the end which looks like there's water in the orb, standing up she looked around for a bit before and sitting back down again, "but I'm feeling lazy today!" Night_stars yelled out without noticed and stretching which caught attention to herself of those near her, "woops" she whispered to herself and she waved her hand a little and forced a smile onto her face. “Hi-Hi”

sin sin
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Souseiki on Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:06 pm

Luso opened the screen for the new game 'Gateway to Life', and quickly signed in. His character appeared inside, and he randomly walked around to inspect the graphics. "Whoa! This game..no flaws at all!" He took out both of his pistols, and once more stood in amazement when he realized it was a Unica 6, an auto revolver he had only read and dreamed of using. He had just begun taking out some of his already-given ammo, keeping it on a belt of his waist when he heard a voice say 'Hello and welcome to Gateway of life... MUAHAHAHAHA!'. "Did I just hear that? Strange.." He simply shrugged, pushing it to the back of his mind for the time being.

Someone in the crowds of people said "What's happening? Can you feel it? It's so lifelike!". "Hey! Now that you mention it.." He kicked a steel lamppost to test out his little idea, and he immediately grabbed his foot to soften the rebounding pain. "OW! What the heck is with this game!?" He hopped to a bench, ignoring the people staring from his outburst, and quietly tried to nurse his foot. "I should probably get some friends..its not safe to be alone.." Luso flicked his guns back into the holsters he had for them, and gazed into the swarm of people to look for anyone willing.
Watch the rhythm, feel the moment

Souseiki
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverxDusk on Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:28 pm

Silver grinned. Everyone here looks completely lost. Good thing i logged in early enough to explore Garthon. He he been walking around Garthon for about an hour now. The game had just released, but he had pre-ordered a copy of it awhile ago. He was one of the first to log in and was glad to be able to take the username of "Silver" before anyone else could. He scanned the area. "Well looks like this game might be some fun after all." he said to himself with a slight grin. He ignored the message that welcomed the new players. Meh. Should I form some sort of team? He looked around and spotted a girl sitting on the a tree. She had a goofy smile on her face. He approached her. "Hello." he said simply.
Feed L. Or you might just get a heart attack..Image

SilverxDusk
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sin sin on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:06 pm

Night_stars was just looking around as her smile was about to break, a dark looking man with red hair and eyes approached her, and said a 'hello' Night_stars tilted her head upwards to greet him"ah... umm... hi there is there something you want?' she tried to smiled more naturally as much as she can, she graded her staff which was laying beside her and stood up, "this game... looks promising huh?"

sin sin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PriestKoo on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:35 pm

-Koo has logged in-

Koo was teleported to the starter map and saw the realism of the game. "Hello and welcome to Gateway of Life... MUHAHAHAHA!" a women shouted, as her voice gradually dissappeared Koo focused his attention to the other players, some conversating to each other while others read beginner information from the NPC.

"Coolness" Koo said as he looked at the detail in his robe and staff, questioning his addiction to support characters, he looks for a group of people to force his help upon and he spots two avatars with the names Silver and Night_stars standing by a highly detailed tree . Koo starts testing the /sing emote while reading their chat log. "No Lag" he shouts surprisingly.
You really do love me, its true because I say it is.
Scientifically, we all matter; matter: that which has mass and occupies space

PriestKoo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverxDusk on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:05 pm

(PriestKoo, be sure to post a profile on the ooc, here's the link: gateway-life-elemental-based-mmo-ooc-sign-ups-t28680.html )

"Yeah, i've been waiting for it for awhile. Well you seem to know more than these other players. Want to team up or something?" he asked. It's best to start of with a team member. One who seems to know their way around as I do. "It'll be fun." he said with a grin on his face. "Oh, what's the element that was given to you while making your character?" he asked. "Mine's darkness."

SilverxDusk
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:39 pm

Volf noticed some people in another tree about 20 feet away and decided to walk over and introduce himself. This place is so life like. It's hard to believe it's a video game. he thought to himself and walked up to someone witht he username Silver. "Nice to meet your acquaintance. My username is Hirochi-Zangus, but my name is Volf. Easier to remember." he stated and looked up at the girl in the tree. A party consisting of three people? not good enough. he though to himself.

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverxDusk on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:47 pm

"Hello Volf. I would remind you not to tell anyone you're real name, but i dont care. My name's Rob. Call me Silver or Rob. Whatever you like." he said. He was sizing Volf up, when he noticed that Volf was sizing them up. He chuckled. "Sizing us up ehh?" he said with a grin on his face. Hmm. Would I want this guy in my party? I'm not sure that i would. Though he could be quite useful. Let's see his response.

SilverxDusk
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sin sin on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:59 pm

[I'm not up in a tree... i'm underneath the tree's shade! >:{ )

"I only know as much as i know in the area around here, I’ve explored quite a bit earlier when i logged in, my element is Nature... and.. your element fits your character" Night_stars chuckled a bit, she continues, "Call me stars or Night_Stars" and listening to the two person one who came up to her earlier was called sliver, and the other one who came later called himself Volf," soo.. wuzz up?" she smiled cheerily obviously knowing that they want something from her, but not telling her what it is yet.

sin sin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:12 am

Volf ignored Rob's question about 'sizing them up' and turned to Stars. "I've been logged in for not that long and decided that it might be time to make a party. During the event we get ambushed, it'll be best if we're in greater numbers." he said and turned back to Rob. He smiled and asked, "So, have you found any other comrades or are we the first two?" Elements. Mine is water, bu it be best not to reveal that till necessary. he thought to himself trying to keep some things a secret.

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Souseiki on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:16 am

After a couple of painful minutes and some numbing, Luso was finally able to walk again, albeit he had to limp a little. On his time in the bench he had seen a group of people, three to be exact, under the shade of the tree. He walked over to them, and started to introduce himself. "Hey. I'm Luso. Can I team up with you guys?" He stood near the girl, though his introduction was mainly to the two boys. He was under the shade of a tree, though he could feel the heat leaving his body from the earlier sun. "Do you guys think this game is a little weird? its almost like you can feel pain in here too."

Souseiki
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sin sin on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:45 am

Night_Stars turned her attention to the boy who called himself Luso and asked a pretty true question 'Do you guys think this game is a little weird? its almost like you can feel pain in here too.' Night_Stars turned to answer him "Yes you do... i guess it's one of the system programming into our brains to make us feel pain or something, i was caught up in a few fights earlier when i was exploring the outskirts...." Night_stars thought for a moment then questioned "Are you injured somewhere? Most wouldn't know about the pain till they get into a fight with monsters"

sin sin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby victim130 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:07 am

Thom noticed a group of players talking and walked over. "Hey can I group with you guys?" As Thom asked this a large dark portal opened and the wind blew around the town feeling like a nice breeze on the people arond it. "So life-like..." said Thom.

A large demon creature landed on the ground in the square of the town. There was a woman on top of the eight foot tall demon. "Welcome newbies! Now that your all here I can under go the virus!" yelled the woman making an ehco like the last message. "Now If you die your real life self will have a heart attack!" The message ehcoed through the entire game alerting every player.

Thom tryed to log out, but found himself stuck. His feeling of the game set was now gone and the game felt completely real. The demon lifted off again into the portal. Thom remembered all routes in between the towns and cities were player killing areas. Thom reached his hands out and opened his invintory. He switched over to his map. "Guys party with me and follow, If we make it to Shendgal we will be safe from the virus!" ordered Thom. He was unsure of this, but he thought being in one of the main cities would help them survive longer.

victim130
Member for 15 years

Tempest looked around for a group to join. It wasn't safe to be alone, especially in this game. He had a strange feeling that something was wrong. He spotted a group of four in the shifting shade of a tree. Yet again, I see the realism of this game. Tempest ran over, noticing that his screen bobbed up and down. And there was no interface, except for the names and chat. He reached the little group, and was startled by the amazingly lifelike faces. This is like top-secret government tech!The devs must be well connected. He sat down, panting (why was he panting? This was an electronic game, controlled by a mouse and keyboard!), and started introducing himself.
"Hey, I'm Tempest. I'm looking for a group to join, and you seem to be a good one. By the way, can't you feel something's wrong here? It's all too lifelike, I think."

The Chinese Fireball
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Souseiki on Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:13 am

"Are you injured somewhere? Most wouldn't know about the pain till they get into a fight with monsters" Luso stiffened. "Uh..I kicked a pole to test it." He nervously laughed. He looked over as a large demon with a woman on its back lifted off from a portal, alarmed as to what she was saying. "Heart attack!? What the hell!?" He waved his arms around, and it was completely like real life. He heard Thom, and quickly partied with him. He held one of his handguns, ready to fire in case of the demon attacked them. He scanned through the entire clearing, and saw that some of the newbies were already being beaten down. "Guys, we should hurry. It isn't safe here."

Many people were running around, frantic, while others were bravely trying to fight the monster/woman, but only to get killed. While he waited for the others he checked the cylinders for his revolvers, making sure that they were loaded. He strapped on his spare bullets as a sash around him, making the ammo available from both his waist and from the sash. He was incredibly tense, and kept looking over to the demon and girl, trying to keep track as to where they were.

Souseiki
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sin sin on Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:09 am

Night_stars's body stiffened when she heard what the woman on the demon said, when a 'box appeared before her with a question 'party with Thom?' she hit ok with her hand. Then she quickly glance over to the others that have gathered around her, "hurry and party up, we need to reach the admin or the dev or even the game masters, to tell them about this virus that this women is spreading, if it's true that people will die in real life when they die here, it's no joking business." with that said she quickly threw the others a party invitation "we have to hurry, there's no time to lose" she repeated

sin sin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby victim130 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:07 am

Thom started to run to the exit of town. "Follow close, Monsters might still attack us," said Thom. He had the starting Iron mechanical bow in his hand with only twenty five arrows to start with. Thom ran out of the town hoping the pary was close behind. From here on players would be out to kill them not knowing or not caring about the virus.

The city was about fifteen minutes of real time walking.

victim130
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!