Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Gathering Ideas and Friends!

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Gathering Ideas and Friends!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZombieGil on Thu May 31, 2012 2:42 am

Alright, so I have numerous ideas for roleplays kinda zippin' through my head and I'm more concerned with finding a person or people to assist me in grounding the ideas and really creating a roleplay. I've looked at some popular roleplays, I've looked at some long running roleplays, I've even checked ones that didn't last long. All I can say to that effect is that I've gathered a lovely batch of ideas, concepts and the like without the ability to connect them or solidify any specific idea. So, if anyone is looking to create an actual roleplay and doesn't have their heart set on one concept please reply! I honestly need someone, or multiple someones, to aid me!

Just for notes: I've been thinking something Virtual Reality based, but having the characters be able to switch in and out of the virtual reality system. I've also been addicted to Avatar... I'm not sure why, so there's that. I've been really working on creating a roleplay based of Psyren and/or Gantz but I need someone who's familiar with either to lend me a hand. It's somewhat hard concepts to bring into a roleplay setting (at least for me) and it stinks. I've considered creating a roleplay that's loosely similar to Heroscape (yes I'm a nerd).

Overall I just need a group of friends to help bounce ideas off of! :D
Essentially I tend to have no life and will sit on the site for... like hours... bored... so help pleeeaaase.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ZombieGil
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Gathering Ideas and Friends!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SunGlasses on Thu May 31, 2012 8:57 am

Hello, ZombieGil!

I would love to help you solidify a plot. However, the only things I'm really familiar with that you've mentioned here is Avatar (James Cameron, of Nickelodeon? I know both.) and Gantz. Psyren I've only ever heard of and Heroscape eludes me completely. I do however like the idea of a Virtual Reality based RP. eXistenZ is a fantastic (but incredibly weird) movie with Jude Law that encompasses Virtual Reality in a different kind of way. We can always do something like that?

Currently, I am incapable of Private Messaging, so I can only communicate on the forum threads. If you wanna chit-chat, though, I'm lurking the forums like a professional lurker beast.

SunGlasses McGee
"Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves; vanity, to what we would have others think of us." - Austen

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SunGlasses
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Gathering Ideas and Friends!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Methodical on Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:32 pm

Oh my gosh, I've totally been craving Avatar lately. (If you mean The Last Airbender or The Legend of Korra kind XD) and I'm vaguely familiar with Heroscape. I've heard of Psyren and Gantz, but have no clue what they are about. I'd love to hear some more of your ideas, and do some roleplaying with you, so shoot me a pm if you want :D

Yep.

Methodical
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!