Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Pokémon: Legends of Old

General Discussion

a part of “Pokémon: Legends of Old”, a fictional universe by KumoriRyuu.

In a world where Legends meet reality, can the Legendary Pokémon, assisted by a handful of very special individuals, survive the coming darkness?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Pokémon: Legends of Old”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

General Discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Thu May 08, 2014 4:28 pm

This is the OOC thread where most of our conversations will take place. Any questions you have, ask them here. Any concerns you have with either the RP or with another member, voice them here. All general communication is in this thread, so please keep general discussion out of the other threads please.

Thank you!
Kumori Ryuu

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Re: General Discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CeederVay on Sun May 11, 2014 1:55 pm

Three reason why Celebi <3 Warren.

1. Warren and Celebi both like to assume there is natural good in all people. Warren has a love for all life, from the creepiest crawlies to the most intimating Pokemon.
2. They both share a deep affinity for the forests within their hearts and minds. When Warren was even littler he would spend his time in the forest behind his backyard. Little did he know, it was one of the forests Celebi watched over. Celebi would spend hours watching him climb the tallest trees, walk miles to find a particular flower, and even plant new seedlings where the forest was thinning.
3. (Special) Celebi has traveled through time to see Warrens past and future, and knows that despite adversities, his heart will remain true despite what goes on around him and what changes may come. This is rare, almost to the point where it is unheard of due to how easily the human mind can be swayed which affects the heart over the long term. Celebi would know that this is a special boy who would be a worthy ally and friend to keep.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CeederVay
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Tue May 13, 2014 12:53 pm

Warren's all set. Go ahead and submit and I'll approve when I see it.

By the way, sorry for my absence guys. I have two more finals, one today and one on Thursday, and then I'm free and clear to get back online much more often.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CeederVay on Tue May 13, 2014 6:01 pm

You go man! Good luck on the finals.

CeederVay
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CeederVay on Tue May 13, 2014 6:15 pm

Side note, I'm also looking for my character to at least know of another character before we start. It can range anything from the casual "I've seen this person in passing a few times" all the way up to major backstory. Let me know if anyone is interested~

CeederVay
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby laxnchill20 on Wed May 14, 2014 5:05 am

hey i was hoping to jump in on this RP, I was planning on creating a competitor, or with your permission a Master. He/She would compete in the standard world tournament, and if allowed to play a master he/she would kind of take the role of an Elder/Master hybrid, being willing to help and assist young trainers, while stilling being active in the competitive battling scene. As for the legendary I was feeling Shaymin but that might change as my character develops.

I do have a few quick questions?

1. Can I add an area of the CS to include my pokemon team? on hand and elsewhere? As a trainer who battles regularly I want the pokemon I use to be listed so I can't inadvertently claim I have a pokemon I have not caught or call out a pokemon I don't have on hand.

1.5 On that note is there the standard 6 pokemon limit per team?

2. I like the format of building my Character in the submit character section, can I build my character by submitting a work in progress? I would of course submit it in your OOC section for it as you requested, but having a saved CS to work from really helps my process.
Laxnchill20

laxnchill20
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Wed May 14, 2014 1:28 pm

Thank you for the inquiry as to your concerns and for being reasonable with the detail of not being able to just randomly call out Pokemon names by having a preset party. That earned big points with me. :D

Okay, so here goes.

If your character becomes an Elder/Master hybrid, it's going to lean more on the side of Elder and they don't participate in battles anymore. Maybe a ceremonial battle from time to time with a tough but manageable team to provide one final challenge for tournament winners and new Masters, but otherwise not really much into battling. Hopefully that's not too much of a problem. You can battle as much as you want outside of competitions, but being able to take on "Elder" status means that your competitive days are officially over.

As for the character sheet, yes, you can add a section for your team, both on hand and elsewhere.

There is no real official limit since this world doesn't have the same rules as the regular Pokemon universe, but I think for a competitor, the ideal would be your three best Pokemon. Most competitions on the elite level limit the number of Pokemon you can carry to three to make it that much more of a challenge. But if you want to carry six, then that's fine. Really you're only limit is how many Poke Balls you can fit on your belt or in your pack. If you've seen the first season of the anime a trainer called Damion had a Charmander who he thought was weak and left on a rock where Ash found it. Ash confronted Damion about this and Damion was carrying his entire collection of Pokemon in a backpack, so obviously some of them don't worry about the 6 Pokemon limit of the games.

And finally, yes, you can add a work in progress to the OOC. Most of my OOC threads are works in progress that will continue to be updated as we go forward.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby laxnchill20 on Wed May 14, 2014 8:20 pm

I was actually hoping to make a work in progress, by clicking add a new character, essentially a direct submission something you asked us not to do. The format there and being able to see how the CS looks as I create it really helps me out. Would that be ok?

laxnchill20
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Thu May 15, 2014 2:11 pm

Just copy and paste the code box from the RP's main page into the "Character Profiles" OOC and fill out what information you have there. You can work on it more there as you finalize your ideas.

Yes, clicking "Add new Character" is something I don't want right now. I want OOC submissions first for inspection and once I know the character is sound and finalized, it's good to go after that.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Thu May 15, 2014 3:24 pm

On another note, finals are over so summer starts now!

Yay!

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby laxnchill20 on Thu May 15, 2014 5:08 pm

Was only asking to do it the other way because it allows you to preview your cs as you work on it. Which is something that really helps me. Alas you are gm and I'll try it your way, even if I don't get how or why.

laxnchill20
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Thu May 15, 2014 6:36 pm

The way it looks in the OOC is pretty much the same as a normal character submission, the only difference being that the OOC submission is a rough draft, so to speak. I prefer to see people work on them out in the open so that I can look at them as well as others. If anyone spots something that I might accidentally overlook, then all the better because sometimes I do miss details. I'm only human after all, and I can't catch everything.

So please do humor me and keep it in the OOC. Just submit what you have in the proper thread and I'll take a look at what you've got so far. You can tweak and edit it as you see fit while it's there by hitting the "edit" button.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Thu May 15, 2014 10:05 pm

Thank you minimusic for abiding my critique and making the adjustments. Give me till tomorrow and I'll have either another critique for you or I'll let you know that you can submit to the RP.

Till then!

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Fri May 16, 2014 11:55 pm

Alright Mini, it's time to talk about Meloetta. I need your three reasons before I confirm that it is your Legendary, and once that's done we can add your character to the RP and we'll see what happens after that.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby minimusic on Sun May 18, 2014 6:28 pm

1. Both Rosie and Meloetta love to perform. They both love the art that live and wish for nothing more than to just perform.
2. Both are optimistic and try to look for the best in people. Rosie has one of the kindest hearts ever and believes that through music and love the world can become a loving place.
3. Meloetta has seen Rosie perform before and could see the love the girl had. She knew that it was to spread love and joy that the girl had not for money. After that she started to follow the girl and realize her wonderful heart. She saw Rosie gave some of her money to many charities and lived in a modest house giving money she didn't need to those less fortunate then her.

minimusic
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Mon May 19, 2014 3:46 pm

A good attempt minimusic.

The first two are alright, and I have no problem with it. However, the third is still a fairly generic detail which can be found in many, many people. A loving heart with boundless enthusiasm for life and happiness is not something that can truly make Rosie unique enough to stand out to a Legendary. There has to be something more, so I'll give you a few examples of what can be done.

1) Something similar to Xia's detail is Rosie's voice. Something in the tone and timbre of her voice can be attractive to Meloetta and either remind it of a time since gone by or perhaps simply be inspiring in a way no other human has been for it.

2) Rosie's performance itself. While performing is an art that's been perfected by innumerable practitioners, every performance and every movement is like a fingerprint. Rosie's performance could potentially be exactly the same as one which Meloetta has performed itself at a time before Rosie was even born, and this triggers an immediate interest on Meloetta's part as a human, out of sheer creativity, managed to duplicate one of its very own past performances.

Those are the two best things I can think of that could potentially trigger Meloetta to really focus on Rosie over any other person who might also be an entertainer. So let me know if you would like to use one of those ideas or if you think you can create one of your own along those lines to really make Rosie a truly unique individual.

As for everyone else, while minimusic finishes that up, I'm going to put up an intro post to get things started. I'll have a new OOC thread up soon detailing what direction the RP is taking so that everyone has an idea of what's coming without revealing too many details as I want to see how everyone settles in this world before getting into the true story of the RP.

Cheers!

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Fri May 23, 2014 5:13 pm

Those of you whose character I have accepted are free to post ya know.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Damioa on Fri May 30, 2014 2:21 am

Hey Kumori, I was wondering if I could post a character in the character profile thingy to prove to you that my character idea matches up and stuff. I practically have one done already, but I'll wait for your permission first.
Damioa

Damioa
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Fri May 30, 2014 5:42 pm

Yes, you have my permission. When it comes to the OOC thread, you can post as often as you like without worry. So long as you wait for my final approval on your character idea before submitting to the RP directly, you're good to go.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Damioa on Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:16 pm

So are we aloud to have more pokemon, or just the legendary one?

Damioa
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!