Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

DB: Limitless

General Discussion

a part of “DB: Limitless”, a fictional universe by KumoriRyuu.

An odyssey of power focused around the adventures of a group of mismatched warriors who must face and overcome innumerable challenges together or perish without a trace

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “DB: Limitless”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

General Discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:08 pm

Hello everyone to Dragon Ball: Limitless!

This RP is currently under construction but it should be finished very soon so I hope you look forward to joining!

It should be a wild ride through the universe!

This is the "General Discussion" thread where all conversation and OOC chatter will be held. DO NOT POST TO OTHER THREADS EXCEPT THE 'Character Profiles' OOC THREAD!!

Thank you!

Also, here is a list of questions for you to answer for yourself to help build your character's larger sections:

Personality:

* Who is your character?
* Who do they value the most in their lives?
* Are they family oriented, estranged, or indifferent?
* Do they have friends who they grew up with who helped shape their mentality and manner of thinking?
* Do they have a mentor or perhaps someone else of importance, say a lover, who helped forge part of their mentality and manner of thinking?
* When it comes to how they look at life itself, what is their viewpoint and why?
* Who in their lives helped make them who they are today?
* Who in their lives almost destroyed them emotionally or mentally (if anyone did at all of course)?
* Why do they do what they do?
* What aspect of their lives shapes (or helped shape) their sense of moral principles?
* Did the Saiyan pride seep into your character a lot, or not so much?
* Is pride in your character's strength a strength or a weakness?

Description:

* Do they look the same or slightly different from the picture?
* If they look different, how much? (clothing, hairstyle or color, eye color, shape of the jaw, muscle mass, skin tone, etc,)
* How tall are they, or rather, how tall do they look based on body proportion? (As an example, longer legs give the impression of greater height to the eye even if there's no physical object to compare the actual height to)
* What shape are their eyes, what color, and are the eyes soft and meek or piercing and strong?
* Do they often smile, or do they scowl?
* How do they carry themselves? (Upright and proud posture, forward hunching and meek posture, somewhere in between?)
* How long are their arms and are they flimsy or powerful?
* How long are their legs, and are they flimsy or powerful?
* Do they wear any specific clothing which is characteristic of them or do they have a different outfit every day?
* Do they keep themselves well kept or unkempt? (Anything goes really from hair, clothing, whatever)
* Do they have any identifiable traits such as scars, tattoos, piercings, prosthetic limbs, etc,?
* If the answer to the previous question is "yes," how and why did they get them and when did they get them? (This is easily a paragraph all on its own)

Biography:

Paragraph 1 example questions:

* Who are your character's parents?
* How did they meet?
* Where did they meet?
* At what point in time in their lives did they meet?
* Did they decide on kids or was it a happy/not so happy accident?
* Is your character the first child, middle child, most recent child, or only child?
* Whatever the answer to the previous question, why is this so? (Did their parents only want one, did they want a specific number, did one of them perish on a raid and so there's no more siblings from this point on? Be creative here and don't rely on the "this parent died" excuse as it's kind of stale)
* During the first and earliest years, who was your child's most prominent figure of authority and why?

Paragraph 2 example questions:

* As your character began to grow and develop, who was there for them and who was not?
* Who in your character's life was a help, or a hindrance?
* Who were your character's first friends, and why?
* Who were your character's first rivals, and why?
* Growing up, what was your character's power level, and how did it affect their lives and social standing in school or at home among their siblings?
* Did your character fight with anyone growing up that was worthy of notice, or were the fights all just backyard squabbles that didn't warrant any special attention?
* If your character fought anyone of importance and won, how did that change things for them growing up and why?
* Did your character lose any friends during this early stage of life?
* If they did, who were those friends and why were they lost?

Paragraph 3 example questions:

* As your character entered their teenage years, what was their power level and how did that change their lives at this stage?
* Were there any new friends or rivals at this point in time?
* If so, who were they and how did their presence influence your character's physical and mental state of being? (Did their presence push you to train and become stronger, or frighten you into becoming a weaker and meek minded "warrior?")
* As they began to go through life's changes, how did that affect the way others looked at them.
* For females, did their growing assets attract or repel the opposite sex and did it change anything for your character or not? (Did she care at all for the attention or lack thereof?)
* For men, did the growing musculature and prominent power levels make them more proud or disappointed and eager to train and become larger and stronger?
* Did your character's education and training begin to affect their mentality and viewpoint on life, their family, or their friends/rivals?
* Did they begin to discover any particular part of themselves which they did or did not like? (Such as my character's soft and loving heart buried beneath a tough exterior?)

Possible 4th paragraph example questions:

* As your character came into adulthood, where did their power level seem to reach a peak and how did this natural ceiling affect them? (Were they proud, disappointed, indifferent?)
* Did adulthood affect your character's fighting style given the changes their body went through since they started training as a child, or did it remain fairly consistent?
* When it came to fights and raids, how well did they perform?
* Did they have to rely on Great Ape form at all, or was their power level sufficient to take care of most of their needs and accomplish their missions?
* To this day, does their power level mark them as a higher or lower level warrior amongst their comrades?
* Whatever the answer to the previous question, how does this affect they way they see their comrades? (Do they like them, hate them, remain indifferent to them?)
* Is there anyone in your character's life by this point whom they could not stand to lose?
* If so, who is it and why is this so?
Last edited by KumoriRyuu on Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kumori Ryuu

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Re: General Discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Taunbon on Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:57 pm

Seems interesting, I will make a character and post them into the OOC thread for it when I finish.

Although, Ki Gradient, seems ridiculous. Utterly so. A 10x power level requirement is extreme. That would mean someone like Raditz, with that ability, would be immune to Nappa's blast which is.. again.. crazy (And to be blunt, it is rather stupid). Funny enough, even Goku, during his fight with Raditz, would be immune to Nappa's Blast as would Piccolo.

Seriously might think about fixing that or severely reducing the multiplier on that. An immunity to attacks below her PL and a resistance to attacks greater then it depending on how much greater then her PL is makes so much more sense. It simply wouldn't make sense, just imagine it, Krilin is getting smacked around by Nappa, utterly dominated, Nappa unleashes a powerful attack then Krilin powers up and..... Nappa's blast then does nothing against someone he was just kicking around?

A character with 300 power level shouldn't really be able to do anything, much less tank, an attack from a character with a PL of 3,000. That level of difference is just extreme, at that level, the character with 300 is like a toddler trying to fight an adult. (There was only a 600 power level difference between Raditz and Goku, that is a 2,700 difference. Closer to the difference between Nappa and Yamcha.)
Last edited by Taunbon on Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Taunbon
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:00 pm

Taunbon wrote:Seems interesting, I will make a character and post them into the OOC thread for it when I finish.

Although, Ki Gradient, seems ridiculous. Utterly so. A 10x power level requirement is extreme. That would mean someone like Raditz, with that ability, would be immune to Nappa's blast which is.. again.. crazy (And to be blunt, it is rather stupid). Funny enough, even Goku, during his fight with Raditz, would be immune to Nappa's Blast as would Piccolo.

Seriously might think about fixing that or severely reducing the multiplier on that. An immunity to attacks below her PL and a resistance to attacks greater then it depending on how much greater then her it is makes so much more sense. It simply wouldn't make sense, just imagine it, Krilin is getting smacked around by Nappa, utterly dominated, Nappa unleashes a powerful attack then Krilin powers up and..... Nappa's blast then does nothing against someone he was just kicking around?

A character with 300 power level shouldn't really be able to do anything, much less tank, an attack from a character with a PL of 3,000. That level of difference is just extreme, at that level, the character with 300 is like a toddler trying to fight an adult. (There was only a 600 power level difference between Raditz and Goku, that is a 2,700 difference. Closer to the difference between Nappa and Yamcha.)

Agreed.

Era's profile was copied and pasted from another role-play website I am a member of and I have a few tweaks to make before I consider it truly complete and ready to go. Among those tweaks will be changes to the signature attack names and functions as well as a bit of her backstory.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Taunbon on Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:02 pm

Good, good, cause that was rather broken. ^_-

Taunbon
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:41 pm

Indeed. In the other RP I allowed everyone to get away with some rather unrealistic shtuff and things. Good fun, but not exactly desirable for more serious role-players.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:23 pm

This rp looks like it can be good fun. I do have a question though: Do you allow characters that while humanoid don't look very human? I have an original alien race I'd like to make a character from and it said on the front that people can make their own races as long as they aren't from the series.
Last edited by Zalgo on Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zalgo
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:54 pm

Zalgo wrote:This rp looks like it can be good fun. I do have a question though: Do you allow characters that while humanoid don't look very human? I have an original alien race I'd like to make a character from and it said on the front that people can make their own races as long as they aren't from the series.

Absolutely it doesn't have to look human. When I say "humanoid," I just mean a generally human body shape. But skin texture, hands vs claws, hair vs spikes, having a tail, etc, etc. Anything goes so long as the body's overall shape is generally similar to that of a human.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:58 pm

KumoriRyuu wrote:Absolutely it doesn't have to look human. When I say "humanoid," I just mean a generally human body shape. But skin texture, hands vs claws, hair vs spikes, having a tail, etc, etc. Anything goes so long as the body's overall shape is generally similar to that of a human.

Excellent. So that means This is acceptable? If so I'll get started on the character sheet to submit soon.

Zalgo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:13 pm

Zalgo wrote:
KumoriRyuu wrote:Absolutely it doesn't have to look human. When I say "humanoid," I just mean a generally human body shape. But skin texture, hands vs claws, hair vs spikes, having a tail, etc, etc. Anything goes so long as the body's overall shape is generally similar to that of a human.

Excellent. So that means This is acceptable? If so I'll get started on the character sheet to submit soon.

It's a bit of a stretch to call that humanoid save for the bipedal posture, but yes I'll allow it.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:41 pm

Hey guys!

I have added a tiny bit to the Mechanics page about Saiyan recovery times which is significant because I have opted to remove any and all miracle healing devices and food from the lore!

That's right! No senzu beans or healing chambers like the ones we saw the Saiyans use on their home world in the anime/manga!

Recovery in this RP is recovery the old fashioned way! Technology has to have limits after all, so I chose this one to be this RP's major limit. They can do wonders with pain relief medicine, but all other aspects are old fashioned!

Cheers!

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:04 pm

I do have a quick couple of questions if I may ask. When is the rp estimated to start? Do we need more people first or is this current number good?

Zalgo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:38 am

Zalgo wrote:I do have a quick couple of questions if I may ask. When is the rp estimated to start? Do we need more people first or is this current number good?

I was hoping for a few more people but if it's just the three of us then I think we'll be okay to continue. Still, we need to give Taunbon his time to finish the profile.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fonkyomom on Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:28 am

I want to join, since no one is interested in the one i'm trying to put together. I want to be a Saiyan for sure, is that acceptable?

fonkyomom
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:25 pm

fonkyomom wrote:I want to join, since no one is interested in the one i'm trying to put together. I want to be a Saiyan for sure, is that acceptable?

Absolutely.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fonkyomom on Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:23 am

Sorry man but I changed my mind, I don't feel like writing a short story just to create a dbz character xD

fonkyomom
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:25 pm

fonkyomom wrote:Sorry man but I changed my mind, I don't feel like writing a short story just to create a dbz character xD

As you wish. Good luck with whatever other RP's you decide to join.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:59 pm

Hey guys!

I have decided to open the RP to posting so have at it Zalgo!

I gave a minor bit of backstory in the beginning and then did Era's post afterwards. For now the plot will not advance until we have at least one more person up and ready to post.

Also, please check the "Mechanics" page for some new information. The "Saiyan Class System and Life Style" has new information for everyone to be aware of regarding a few aspects of Saiyan living and a few other things as well.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:42 am

I'm pleased to say I've got my first post in. Now to play the waiting game, laying in quiet anticipation for the others to join in the fun. The mushroom will be watching.

Zalgo
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!