Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Generals:: a Risk Type TBS-RPG

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Generals:: a Risk Type TBS-RPG

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:55 am

Generals.

You are a general of a nation. You lead the kings men into battle in the name of honor, conquest, gold, and glory. Your men are loyal to you in every respect, after all, they are on your payroll.

Plot: The world is in a constant state of unrest, the line between friend and enemy is constantly shifting. Tensions are rising daily and the fate of the world may soon rest in the choices of a few powerful men, not all working toward the good, but all driven by a common goal, power.

This games plot will be constantly shifting, your goal is to become uncontested, to be a nation so secure in its existence that no foe would dare stand before you, and then if you wish it, to expand your control to cover the world.

World: the map is Medieval Europe but a simplified version

Characters::
There are three playable Kingdoms which are still to be picked, each Kingdom has four slots: one king and three generals for a total of 12 slots, unfilled spots will be NPCs that can be used by the Kingdom as a whole while In Game.

Rules of engagement:
1: you are not a war hero…you are a general. The heart of the battle is most likely not the place to be.
2: no quarter will be given to him who gives no quarter: in other words, be careful what you do with your prisoners, you may become one yourself one day.
3: All’s fair in love and war, as long as your men don’t turn on you:: A general who is prone to insane tactics that send his men on suicide missions will have men prone to turning on him.

Objectives in war:
1 Secure strong holds, remove strong holds from your enemies possession.
2 Capture the enemy King
3 Capture enemy Generals

Objectives in "Peace"
1 Build up your strong holds and deffences
2 Be "political" :: put yourself in a place of power over your opponents.

So, any one interested? I will have a map for keeping track of who has what and that kind of thing, and I'm going to try and work out a way to keep track of forces, possibly a spread sheet type deal, we'll see. I want this to be detaled but not mind numbing. lol.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Chuckles
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Novelist Storyteller World Builder Group Theory Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Re: Generals:: a Risk Type TBS-RPG

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby general kane on Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:45 am

im intrested ...
join the development team:

development-team-recruting-now-t9256.html
________________________________________________________________________________

i went to war to serve my lord .

general kane the man who saved earth.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

general kane
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:59 am

I am interested, however I would kind of like to see how we will keep track of everything before I make a commitment. It seems like a really cool idea though!! : )
Image Image Image Image

Drako11
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:23 am

yeah, I'm working on a way to keep track of things. The actuall teritory and map are realy simple, its a basic blank risk map of europe. I haven't figured out the mechanics of troops yet, It will most likely be a mix of "TotalWar" (buying units, each unit is "unique" with its own strengths and weaknesses) and risk (basicly you can get a certain number of units per turn, or similar measure of "time")

Like I said its still in the works and it might be a few days before the mechanics are worked out and smoothed over.
I really hope to get a hand full of dedicated players in on this, all the mechanics in the world are worthless if the thing only lasts four pages...or less.

Chuckles
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Novelist Storyteller World Builder Group Theory Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Duck Soup on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:02 pm

I think this will only work if the game play system is well thought out and polished, but I'm definitely interested.

Duck Soup
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby general kane on Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:57 am

when ?

general kane
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!