Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Assassin's Pledge

Goddess

a part of “Assassin's Pledge”, a fictional universe by KumoriRyuu.

Balance and Corruption conflict with the turning of a new era as the Assassin once known as the Red-Eyed Demon leads a band of unlikely heroes into the yet untold future of a continent and all its people.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Assassin's Pledge”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Goddess

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:01 pm

Jeffrey brought up a good point that I think everyone should be aware of, so here it is!

In this rp, there are a multitude of deities which watch over the world.

The most prevalent and the most powerful are the Goddess of Light, and the Goddess of Darkness (also known as the God of Chaos depending on which region you're in). There is also a Goddess for each element as well: Fire, Earth, WInd, Water. And the last two are the Goddess of Fortune, and the Goddess of Heart.

The final Goddess is the most complicated, but the most fun as well. She guides the hearts of humankind, and is responsible for all the emotions and feelings we experience in life within the rp. There is a HUGE gray area inherent in her design which may warrant many questions as to specifics, but that is up to you to cope with because her function really is as simple as I made it sound.

Whenever people speak of "The Goddess", it is usually unspoken as to which one they are speaking of because the context usually makes it quite clear, but if it doesn't, then they will specify.

There is no difference between these Goddesses within the different cultures and nations, although there may be a slightly different way of saying its title, such as the Goddess of Darkness/Chaos.

That's about it on the deities of this rp! Have fun!
Kumori Ryuu

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Re: [OOC] Goddess

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dionkar336 on Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:33 pm

It should be obvious by now that Kain is in fact an agent of Chaos. Though part of his character design is he does not subscribe to specific religions or beliefs.
I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

dionkar336
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Machina Ex Deus on Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:55 pm

I think, if its okay, that the religion of Myr's order works along pretty much the same principle, except that the Chaotic one is taken to be a God, not a Goddess, and the two are supposed to be siblings. Both are equally reverenced by the monks, as the main tenet of the "religion" (though they would not refer to it as such) is that peace comes of balance, and this alone is worth striving for. Of course, people's dispositions are naturally going to lean in one direction or another, but this does not necessarily have a bearing on the way in which they live. Myr, for example, pretty obviously leans in disposition toward order, but the reason she seems so even-keel is because she has gone through the requisite training to master the contrary parts of her nature and form them into a whole.

So it's a little like Taoism and a little like Buddhism and all that good stuff. =)
There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.

Machina Ex Deus
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:25 pm

Sounds fine to me.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!