Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Gods and Goddesses of The West (OOC and Sign up)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Gods and Goddesses of The West (OOC and Sign up)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~iGoddess~ on Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:07 pm

Okay, this roleplay is basically about the Greek Gods and Goddesses. I will list the main God-figures and if there are any more characters (like demigods or lesser gods), please send them to me before posting a sheet.

Main Gods and Goddesses:
Zeus-God of Gods-AngelDreams
Poseidon-God of the Sea
Hades-God of the Underworld
Artemis-Goddess of the Hunt-~iGoddess~ (lol)
Athena-Goddess of Wisdom-Lavender
Aphrodite-Goddess of Love and Beauty-Writing Nitrate
Apollo-God of Music
Ares-God of War-Saxious
Demeter-Goddess of Agriculture
Hera-Goddess of Marriage
Hephaestus-God of Fire
Hermes-God of Flight
Gaia-Goddess of Earth
Hemera-Goddess of Daylight
Erebus-God of Shadow
Nyx-Goddess of Night-Samantha

The story will be modernly updated, and will be followed out however we desire. >.~

Ask questions if needed ^.^

((P.S. These are not all of the titles of the gods. Check this link to learn more of your selected character :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Greek_mythological_figures

Also, post a sheet. Simply:

Username
God or Goddess
Picture >.<
And, type "Lawlipop" if you read all this. :D

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

~iGoddess~
Artemis

Last edited by ~iGoddess~ on Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Dance with the sparkling stars .

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

~iGoddess~
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Gods and Goddesses of The West (OOC and Sign up)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AngelDreams on Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:33 pm

Can I reserve one for Zeus-God of GODS
ImageImageImageImageImageHelp me Level them Up PLEASE!!!!!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AngelDreams
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Writing Nitrate on Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:38 pm

If I could snag Aphrodite that'd be awesome!
"If I can't annoy anyone there is little point in writing." - Kingsley Amis
ImageImageImageImageImage
My personality in a nutshell.

Writing Nitrate
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fatalfrost on Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:39 pm

I'm would join but since most of those descriptions of the gods are wrong the inconcistant part of this would drive me crazy. Such as hermes is the messenger god not god of flight.
Yugioh World Championship 2011:Over the Nexus Friend Code

5144-5273-5585

Fatalfrost
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lavender on Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:49 pm

Hmm... might I have Athena?
"Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest." Larry Lorenzoni

my photography blog

Lavender
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Samantha on Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:52 pm

Username: Nyx
Goddess
Picture: Image

Lawlipop!! forgotz to put that XD
Last edited by Samantha on Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image Image It is proven that 90% of teens would have a mental breakdown if Miley Cyrus were to stand on the edge of a 6 story building

Post this in your sig if you are the 10% yelling "JUMP B!TCH!!"

Samantha
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:37 am

Username: Saxious

God: Ares, The God of War

Picture:

Lawlipop

Alright...good?
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
~Buddha

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Writing Nitrate on Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:10 am

Username: Writing Nitrate
Goddess:Aphrodite
Picture:
lawlipop

Writing Nitrate
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~iGoddess~ on Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:37 pm

Lol. Okay, spots reserved and sheets accepted >.< And too bad Fatalfrost, I too know that he's the god of messengers, also theives, mischef, speed and trade. I had said that I didn't list their full title. Read it better next time, okay?? XD

~iGoddess~
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AngelDreams on Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:22 pm

Username: AngelDreams
Name: Zeus
Lawlipop

AngelDreams
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:40 am

So, this RP will be about the interaction between the Greek Gods, correct?

Will we be able to control the mortals who worshiped these gods? Such as the Spartans who worshiped Ares.

Is there a plot planned out or will we have to create one as we go along?

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AngelDreams on Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:58 pm

Saxious is right. What is he story or the rp going to be about? I mean all we did was post a picture and the character we were going to play.

AngelDreams
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dragon_Pirate on Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:01 pm

Username: Dragon_Pirate
God or Goddess: Gaia (or Gaea) Goddess of Earth, Daughter of Chaos, Mother of the Titans and lover of many (As you can tell, I love mythology)
Picture:Image
Lawlipop

There and here is a little extra info on Gaia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaia_(mythology)
I claim you as my lifemate.
I belong to you.
I offer my life for you.
I give to you my protection, my allegiance, my heart, my soul, and my body.
I take into my keeping the same that is yours.
Your life, happiness, and welfare will be cherished and placed above my own for all time.
You are my lifemate, bound to me for all eternity and always in my care.
~Carpathian Binding Ritual

Dragon_Pirate
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~iGoddess~ on Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:00 pm

Okay, Dragon_Pirate is accepted. To the question about the roleplay, I decided we should all brainstorm. lol, I just like group brainstorming. And yes, Ares >.~, the Gods and Goddess may have control over groups or people who worshipped them. First off, I wish for all you to read a little more into your character if you have no more than basic knowledge of them. If you already have, awesome! I am glad to be working with people who enjoy Greek Mythology as much as myself. Then, give me YOUR breif descripation of your god or goddess. >.< From there, we'll come up with our main plot. ^.^ That work with ya'll ?!?!?

~iGoddess~
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:53 am

Alright...so yeah, Ares has an affair with Aphrodite, and I presume that his typical worshippers would be the Spartans (due to mythical and historical facts).

And I can already predict that I will be the one causing a lot of war! :P..."I'm doing my job, it's nothing personal," :P

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~iGoddess~ on Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:10 pm

lol, yep. >.<

I don't really think Ares is my top favorite, but hey, I assume more guys would like him than girls.

~iGoddess~
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!