Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Good evening

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Good evening

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bea on Mon May 30, 2016 5:46 pm

Hello,

I am Victoria. I have signed up for RP Gateway cause I'm a terrible employee wanting to write during slow times at work. I have been roleplaying for about 16 years now. I primarily seek private roleplay as a hectic schedule can, at times, interfere with group play and I do not like to slow down other people's fun.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Bea
Member for 8 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal

Re: Good evening

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Tue May 31, 2016 5:15 pm

Heyo Victoria, and welcome to RPG! A lot of our stuff is group play, but we also have a number of one-on-ones offered by a lot of our users too. I'm sure you'll be able to find something you're looking for.

To help you get started, I got a block of text here that'll give you some decent directions!

Rules - I fully believe that you won't have any issues, but still be sure to check out the site rules. There aren't many, but still, they're a good thing to know.
Role Play Academy - If you feel like you need to ask for advice or anything on your writing, the Academy is a good place to go. Our Scholars are all wonderful people, I promise.
Interest Checks - If you have an idea and want to get the word out, or just generally gauge interest, or if you want to take a gander at the ideas other posted, this is the place to do it.
Roleplayers Wanted - If you do manage to get an RP up off the ground, but need more writers, this is where you'll go to drum up recruit, or on the flipside, where you'll go if you're looking for an RP to jump.

You'll also notice that we have a Private Messaging system, but in order to gain access to that feature (it helps out combating the bots) you need 10 posts. To help you get there, I'd suggest checking out our Forum Games, Discussion and Debate, and our Creative Realm.

If you're looking for one-on-ones, I'd suggest the RPers wanted or Interest Checks, there always seem to be a few asking around in there, but be mindful of the PMing system.

By the way, I am Talisman, an as you can see by the snazzy green name, I am a Moderator and I help out with site maintenance. There are others, and the users with the pretty blue names a scholars. They're all great people, I promise. If you ever need any help with anything, please just let one of us know, and we'll do our best to help you out.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mustafa on Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:39 am

Welcome on the board Victoria,
Sorry for so late reply, I'm currently little busy. You wrote that you sought a private role playing game, but I have a proposition. Some friends of mine looks for participants for their new game. It is titled "Under One Roof". The description is on this page: Forum -> Out of Character -> Under One Roof (or use the search field). The rules aren't too restrictive and they are sufficient even to part time players (if you prefer to write only from time to time). The owner of this RPG is Feyblue, I'm sure that the more users we will have the better the game will be. I hope to see you soon :).

I forgot to write that we already have a small "United Nations" in this RPG.

Mustafa
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:05 am

Welcome to the site! I hope you enjoy yourself.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!