Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

.Hack//Dawn's Birth: IC

a topic in Anime & Manga, a part of the RPG forum.

For roleplay based around Japanese animations (anime) and comic books (manga).

.Hack//Dawn's Birth: IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rin Seiko on Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:54 pm

The filthy bedroom is empty and dark, save for the dull glow of a monitor. A lifeless form can be seen in the blue light, sprawled out on the floor. Soon, sirens are heard shrieking a terrifying wail, as though the electronic circuits of the sirens themselves were being torn apart. A thud on the front door, quickly followed by a loud slam and the stomping of many feet can dimly be heard outside the room. The single, wooden door is thrown open, with faceless figures moving about, and placing the limp body on a stretcher. As quick as they came, the strangers were gone, along with the shrieks of their sirens.
The glow of the computer has remained constant, and the big red words upon it unmoving, as The World repetitively informed it's deceased player: "You have died."

Several sets of heavily glyphed rings materialized out of thin air. A NPC man bowed to the newly materialized party. "Welcome, to Root Town Mac Anu!" The smallest of the four, KyoukiTa131, skipped forward, her large scythe-like weapon bouncing about on her shoulders. "Guys! Come on. Why did we come back here?" The player chided, as she childishly skipped about the steps which led up to the Chaos Gate. "Kyou, must you always question Zativ?" A Steam Gunner woman snarled, her arms folded across her electronic breasts.
Kyou froze in mid leap, falling flat on her face. With a louder-than-necessary-huff, she stood and turned to her fellow party member. "I just want to know why we left! We were on a roll." Zativ, a tall and white haired Brandier, stepped forward and limply dropped his gloved hand on his guildee's shoulder. "I just felt like we should take a break. Maybe try to recruit some members." Aio, the Steam Gunner, turned to Zativ with a dark look. "More members? I thought you said our guild was big enough with four people?"
"I did. Now I say we need some more members." The Guild Leader smiled in response to her moody question. The girl turned her head, as if in annoyance, but for a moment it showed girlish pleasure. But only for a moment.
"Zativ. Your actions are always questionable, but they often turn out good. If you say we need more members, then let us advertise." The fourth and final party member, a Harvest Cleric, said this suddenly. Kyou hopped up the steps she had just gone down, to stop in front of the speaker's face. "Ahh, Moshi! You always know the right thing to say." Moshi_Cat simply smiled and thanked her. Zativ, on the other hand, had already started off into a crowd of players, eagerly clogging the walkways as they awaited for some seller or other. The others quickly shambled after him, afraid to lose him in the most populated server...

OOC

(Basically, just introduce your character a bit, and for now just hang out in the server area.)
Favorite. Letter. Ever: ~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rin Seiko
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: .Hack//Dawn's Birth: IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jxcrust on Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:30 pm

Aoi had just finished installing the latest version of The World on his computer. Before that he did research on forums and manuals about all the in and outs of the game, including Classes and Guilds. His mother had moved them from Tokyo to Okinawa so he would stay out of trouble and do better in school. Aoi left his band, his life, and all his friends back in Tokyo. He was a young punk rocker born and raised in Tokyo and moving to Okinawa was a bore for him, nothing to do there compared to Tokyo. Aoi's Mother bought him the game so he would make new friends and stay out of trouble, he loved his mother and appreciated it, but he would live life by his own rules and have fun... This applied to the real world and virtual. Aoi soon created a character that he thought represented his inner self and gave him a name and class to fit with it.

Code: Select all
Player Character Created:
Talon/Edge Punisher/Level 1

Equipment:
Name                                 Level     Type     Rarity     P-ATK     M-ATK     Fire     Water     Wind     Earth     Light     Dark     Abilities
Broad Demon (倧剣・砕鬼)    1  Rapid Attacks   β˜…1    +    2         -             -        -               -                 -               -              -              1 Slot

Talon arrives in Mac Anu and sits on the fountain and says to himself, "So this is The World? This might be fun... I have a new start here... This sure beats Okinawa too, I can just spend all my free time here... Now I need to get stronger if I am going to do that! But this city is huge! It reminds me of Tokyo! Almost feels like home! I'm going to do a bit of exploring around here first..." The rookie Edge Punisher starts to walk around Mac Anu and eventually he runs into a strange group of what appear to be A Blade Brandisher, Flick Reaper, Steam Gunner, and Harvest Cleric. Talon says to himself, "Wow they have a little bit of everything in that group I wonder if they are a party... Or maybe even a Guild? If they are a Guild I have to convince them to let me join... Not only do they look strong... But the three that a girls have very beautiful PC's... I mean they are just avatars, but eye candy is always nice." He sighs and continues, "That guy... The Blade Brandisher has to be the leader! Wow what a lucky jerk to be the leader of that Guild full of babes... That is just an extra perk, they look strong and I want to be strong... I better get myself together and approach him with respect!" Talon walks up the Blade Brandisher and simply asks, "Excuse me sir, I am a newbie, today is my first day in fact... But I was just wondering if you four were a Guild? If so are you the GuildMaster and may I join? I may be weak now but I am loyal and a hard worker sir!" He was really pulling a suck up routine at it's finest, but he was being honest as well.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jxcrust
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rin Seiko on Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:00 pm

"Zativ! Wait up!" Kyou whined, shoving through the crowd and her scythe hitting more then one person. The other two quickly tried to follow her, until eventually they came out on the other side of the crowd. Zativ, a few meters away, had his back leaning against the railing on a bridge. A boat floated about in the canal beneath him. These canals were the most notable parts of Mac Anu. An Edge Punisher, with what appeared to be low level equipment was talking to him. "...you a guild master and may I join? I may be weak now, but I am loyal and a hard worker!" The air seemed to spark for a moment, as Zativ placed one hand on the boy's head. This was something he liked to do, oddly. "Sure, man. I wouldn't mind it." Almost instantly, a message appeared above the newbie's head.
"GUILD INVITATION"
"I'm Zativ; I founded this guild with her, Aiokaru_Himistu. We just call her Aio." The Brandier pointed to each person, telling the new guildee their names. "Moshi_Cat, or Moshi for short. She doesn't talk much, but she is really nice." Moshi bowed in responce. "That's KyoukiTa131, who we just call Kyou. She's really energetic, as you'll soon find out." "Hii!!!" "Heheh. See?"
Above them, the air began to darken as clouds that had been threatening rain suddenly flew in to unleash buckets of water. In moments, everything was soaked. The little group moved off the bridge, and into a little potion shop. The NPC was busy with customers, completely engrossed in its programming.
"The weather effects on this game are amazing," Zativ wondered aloud. "I still can't get over how my equipment gets wet..." The other sat down around him, as the potion shop had several seats. "Ah, I'm soooo tired!" Kyou moaned, slouching in her seat. Moshi sat still with her knees pressed together, and Aio slouched over in her seat, next to Zativ. The guild leader motioned for Kyou to scoot down, and motioned also to Talon. "Come, have a seat. Tell us about yourself, mate."

Rin Seiko
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jxcrust on Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:11 pm

Talon was a bit happy to be accepted into the Guild so fast. Because of the weather he eventually followed them into the Potion Shop and the GuildMaster, Zativ, had motioned for him to sit next to him and talk. Talon nodded and took a seat next to Zativ and the others and started talking, "Well I'm a High School student from Tokyo that moved to Okinawa... I don't have any friends, nor do I care to in Okinawa, so my mother bought me this game to make new friends in and stay out of trouble in the real world. I'm an Edge Punisher as you probably already guessed and like I said today is my first day of playing, but I want to be stronger... You looked like a strong group so I asked to join you so I can learn form you all, have fun, and become stronger..." said Talon as he turned to them all and smiled, "There is really not much more to it than that... I'm a pretty simple guy!" Talon said laughed and tried to avoid staring at the female members of his Guild.

Jxcrust
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zewei on Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:50 pm

"Man finally done for the day, man this assignment took me a long time".
Somewhere in South East Asia, a normal college student was laid back on his chair, closing his eyes in front of his computer.

"Alright, let's do this. I finally pirated bay that awesome translation program."
This person, does not know Japanese but thanks to technology that isn't a problem.
{Note: whenever Bow is speaking aloud, he speaks in english, however when talking to a specific person, he speaks in japanese}

[Logging in the world R2]
"Hmm? this music reminds me of Devil may cry"

[Character create]
name: Bowpurity
job: Adept rogue, edge punisher, steam gunner, none
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ξ” Mac Anu

Teleportation rings appeared out of no where, ending to form Bowpurity, in all his lv 1 glory.
And as the background music of Mac Anu started playing he looked around, and he sees that he is in a building, with a npc shop at one corner, where people are talking, and a device behind him, with a huge double door in front of him.

He grinned. "first day here, let's see what we have."
And he walked towards the doors, fully intent on beholding the glory spectacular sunset of Mac Anu and the town center with the fountain and the guild shops, with people everywhere.
and promptly got pelted with rain.Bowpurity stood there for a while.
"It's raining?" he said aloud. "Ever since when did it rain in towns? You can't even see the sun. What a let down."
"Still, why did they install rain in towns, what a weird idea."

He went back thru the double doors.
"What to do, what to do? This game doesn't leave any tips for newbies at all. But i guess that's good, since it eliminates most of the idiotic folk from the game."
He went up to the chaos gate and looked at it.
"Why not, i guess i'll go to the newbie place where they suggested."

Bowpurity accessed the chaos gate and a menu opened in front of his eyes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ξ” Courageous Engaging Daydream
Bowpurity appeared in a Field area. He looked around and stretched a little.
"Well! At least it isn't raining here! And peaceful music to. I can almost smell the beach."
With a flash of light, Bowpurity materialized the giant broadsword that every newbie gets, Broad Demon.
He lifted it in front on him, and looked at it curiously, pressing the trigger button, the spikes on the sword started moving.
"Am i using a broadsword, or a giant chainsaw?" he joked to no one.
He saw a group of three lion like monsters, and dashed towards them, intent on getting the hang of this game.
Injuries of the heart is the hardest to heal, for it actually takes time and will to embrace the pain, and be affected by it.

zewei
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rin Seiko on Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:52 pm

"Okinawa, eh? I've been there; good vacation spot." Zativ laughed. Kyou bounced up from her seat, jumping into Talon's lap; "Aww, you live in such a pretty place! I should come and visit you sometime. :3" She hugged Talon, nuzzling him like a daughter and her father. "Kyou, get down you child!" Aio snapped. Kyou just stuck her tongue out at her, pointing out she was older then all of them. But, she got off Talon's lap, and proceeded to dance and spin about. Zativ stood, saying "Well, Talon. Let's go teach you about The World." He said this as he walked out of the shop, not even bothering to check if he followed. Kyou danced as though she were a ballerina about him; Moshi stood, "Hai." Aio whispered in Talon's ear, last to follow the group, "He's like this a lot. You get use to it."

______

[Local]CaoManxx2: LFM dps TOG!
[6-Mac Anu Chat]xLarryD0gDUDx: Rain let up finally.
[3-World Chat]Anonymous: "Winded Treasure": The interested check out Looming Ruined Cathedral
[3-World Chat]H4TBAB3MAN: Anothr idot tryin to mke a kool guild i bet
[3-World Chat]KingFuzzyMan: prolly. there so common its gay
[Local]CaoManxx2: LFM dps +1 TOG!
[6-Mac Anu Chat]MoarRez: rain is annoyin on this game i hate it
[Local]KyoukiTa131: Zativ, where are we going?
[Local]Zativ Zuldin: Check the World Chat, Kyou.
[Local]KyoukiTa131: Oh! Isn't that one of those empty areas? Why do you always use Anonymous in the world chat? It just makes people think ur a noob :3
[Local]Moshi_Cat: Hai.
[Local]KyoukiTa131: Cool! I thought we were teaching that Talon kid?
[Local]Zativ Zuldin: I will, later. I didn't finish what I came here to do, though.
[Local]KyoukiTa131: What's that suppose to me? Ahh, I'm tired of typing! I'm plugging in my micfone :3

_____
Ξ”Looming Ruined Cathedral

The classic yellow rings materialized as the party appeared in a dark forrest of dead trees. Odd orchestra music began to play, as a little fire flies began to float around. Before them was a single winding path, cutting off view quickly as it veered around the high hills about them, which were covered in the dead trees previously mentioned, along with black bushes and other shrubbery. "Ah! It's so dark and spooky. Like Halloween!" Naturally cheered Kyou. Aio hushed her, as Zativ had already began down the path.
After a short walk, through several old stone archways, a torn apart church suddenly bursted out of forrest, with the path ending at its broken in double doors. Inside, it was nearly pitch black, apart from some knocked over lanterns which littered the ceiling, completely defying gravity. The floor that they walked on appeared to be a ceiling, and looked as if it curved downward in a dome shape in the middle. However, glass was plated over it. On the ceiling, pews of wood, some broken and some flipped over, were scattered around. A upside down window, with no design or framing, was located halfway up the far wall. On the floor, a pedistal, the only noteable thing within reach, sat completely upright on a raised chuck of stone. On the ceiling, where you'd expect it to be, was a treasure chest.
Zativ walked up to the pedestal, turning around. "Welcome, my subjects," he boomed in a loud voice, raising his arms slowly, spread out eagle style. Then, he broke, bending over and laughing. "Ha! Just kidding. We'll wait here and see if anyone shows up. I left a floating message at the entrance, so anyone who shows up will know we're down the path.
Kyo flopped on the glass floor that covered the dome, her scythe skidding a foot or so away. Aio sat by the pedestal, where as Moshi stood with her arms folded by the door. Zativ, leaning against the pedestal, motioned about him, looking at Talon. "Sit anywhere you like."

Rin Seiko
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jxcrust on Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:33 pm

When Zativ commented on how Okinawa was a good vacation spot Talon kind of laughed a bit, "Okinawa is a great place for tourists but if you can't leave the beauty grows old and boredom grows fast..." he had said to Zativ. When Kyou jumped in Talon's lap his PC blushed a bit and he said, "Um yeah sure Kyou, but I warn you, there is nothing to do there at all..." Talon grinned a bit when Kyou had danced around him and was a bit puzzled to Zativ's comment on teaching him about The World. However, Talon reminded himself the best way to learn anything is just to do it, so he went with the flow and nodded when Aio told him he would get used to the odd Guild Master's ways. Because of that conviction the Edge Punisher stood up and said, "Here we go!", with that and a smile he followed his Guild out of the potion shop.

He followed the group down a path in the spooky and mysterious area that almost seemed in ruins. When Kyou made her Halloween comment, he then said out loud with a smirk, "Yeah... My kind of place!" The Guild went deeper down the path and eventually the group made it to a an odd Chapel that seemed and ruins and also the path stopped at it's doors. Talon followed the others inside and looked in wonderment at the odd building interior and spoke, "Tripping me out seriously! Ha and I'm dead sober for a change!" Eventually they stopped and Zativ started talking but it was a joke and he told him to sit wherever he wanted as the others took seats of their own. Talon looked around and said, "Gotcha Boss..." He took a seat on the glass floor between Kyou and the others and waited for whatever was to happen next.

Jxcrust
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rin Seiko on Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:16 pm

Kyou, sprawled out on the floor, rolled over until she was behind Talon. Then, her rear nearly verticle as she silently pushed herself forward, the odd girl lunged upward, and tackled the newbie by the neck. "Haha! I got you! :3" Zativ laughed, sitting down next to Aio. "Kyo, your such a child. Leave our newest member alone; we don't need him killed before we even stick him in a fight." Suddenly, his face became serious. He leaned on his legs, staring over at the two. "Talon; The World isn't your average game, as I'm sure you've noticed. I mean, just look around you." Zativ gestured about him, and the incredibly odd Chapel about them. "There are millions of different ways to play this game. It is just that, though; a game." The Brandier stood, looking intently at Talon, without any look of sarcasm. "The fact is, though, this game isn't just that. It is full of real people, with it's own troubled history and secrets." His fists clenched as he said the next thing. "I was there during the original World, back before the fire that destroyed it. Things were different then. I don't know how to explain it." At this, the fists relaxed, as he held up his hand, shaping it as though he held an orb. Suddenly, in a flash of light, a stone tablet with writing similar to those on the gold rings that mark someone tele-porting. "This is a badge I was given when I was in the old world. Aio has one too. Many people have them." The tablet faded, as he dropped his hand. "Those that have them understand this world better then anyone who has been playing R:2, no matter how long." His face began to relax, as a slight grin spread across his face. "Don't be jealous, though, Talon. One day you'll understand."
A hair thin, glowing card suddenly appeared in his hand, and he tossed it at Talon. "Here; search what that says. It'll tell you a little bit about some things that have happened in The World."
Game Related Comas

Kyou jumped off Talon after Zativ finished speaking. Snapping a crisp salute, her grin never fading, she gleefully spat "Zativ, you really are an odd one. I'm glad I joined your guild when you offered." Moshi stepped forward, too. "As am I, Zativ. You always keep things interesting." The player in question laughed. "Come on, guys. Don't take my odd ways of describing things too serious. I just love The World, and sometimes explain things a bit oddly." Aion laughed an almost cruel laugh. "Zativ, you really do worry me sometimes." She stood up, her arms folded. "I'm going to go back into town for now. I have a few things to do." Leaving off on that, she stepped past the broken in door, and into the dark forest. Moshi leaned back on her wall, staring up at the ceiling. Kyou got up to sit next to her, leaning against her leg. She stared up at it, muttering to herself. "Sttarrreeee..."

Rin Seiko
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jxcrust on Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:36 pm

Talon screamed at Kyou's sneak attack and laughed, "Ahha! Yeah you got me! I give Kyou! I give!". Talon said as he turned to Aio, "No it's okay Aoi she's fine... It's all part of the hazing I guess?!" The Punisher grew silent when Zativ gave his serious speach after he finished he handed Talon a glowing card and he stored the item, "No Zativ, I understand! I am not jealous, but one day I wish to know as much as this game as the rest of you and hopefully be as strong!"

Jxcrust
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zewei on Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:39 am

Bowpurity point of view-------------
1 Hour later since my last post,timeframe wise.

A brave group of 3 wolfs was circling and guarding a treasure chest. They walked endlessly without knowing the word 'tiredness' With their set sight, they look out for any that dare obtain the beast statue fragment that is held inside the chest. Unluckily for them, they were unable to look behind them, but if they did, they would see a giant chainsaw heading their way at massive speed.

"SAW!"

All to soon, a wolf cried out in pain as a giant broadsword with spinning spikes made impact with it's body. All three wolfs growled at Bowpurity, while the battle circle appeared around them. But alas, soon enough, all of them disappeared from the world, waiting for the next time they spawn, to guard the treasure chest again.

"This blade is awesome!" Bowpurity said as he materialize his broad wheel, slotted with fire mouse skin (+2 fire att)
"Now new weapons every 5 levels. Well time to collect the treasure."

A adept rouge smiled as he entered the beast statue kicked open yet another beast statue.
"Oh hey, yet another lv 10 giant chainsaw. Ah well."
He sighed a little. Then he saw something on his translated chatbox.

[3-World Chat]Anonymous: "Winded Treasure": The interested check out Looming Ruined Cathedral
[3-World Chat]H4TBAB3MAN: Anothr idot tryin to mke a kool guild i bet
[3-World Chat]KingFuzzyMan: prolly. there so common its gay

"Winded Treasure? A guild? Well, can't help to check it out. And what's with that broken spelling, is my translator broken or something? Can't be."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Rings announced the confirmed arrival of an adept rogue. He is on a hilly region, and sees little fire flies floating around, and dead tress and grey/black grass and an old yellow road winding around the hills. Odd orchestra music began to play.
Bowpurity blinked. "The nightmare before Christmas? No, similar, but not the same. What a neat place."
Looking at the path, he sees a sign. "Winded treasure パスをダウン" is what it says.
He followed the path, and eventually sighted the church. He could hear people using the mic and talking from where he was, and as he got nearer he could hear them clearly.
Deciding to just ears drop for now, he hid himself on the left hand side of the church and listened in to their conversation.
-----------------------------------------------------

zewei
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rin Seiko on Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:41 pm

The cold feeling of the chapel, added with the silence of Aio's departure weighed heavily upon the group. Zativ, standing before the pedestal, leaned against it. "Good, Talon. You seem like a pretty nice guy; I like that in my guild members." A smirk came over the player, as he leaned forward. "It may take you a while to reach our level, but we aren't the kind of group that runs out to gain as many levels as they can. You reach our level if you really no-life'd it for a month or so." The gray eyes of Zativ's character model stared at the broken door, directly ahead of him. A bit of light from the simulated stars from outside drifted in. He appeared lost in thought, the face of his character relaxing with the actual person's face. Suddenly, his eyes perked up. "Someone is here."
Kyou, who had previously been nearly asleep against Moshi's legs, sat up and yawned. "How do you know that, Zativ?" Lazily, she urgered her character to stand up, and with equal slothness spun about. "It's called an addon, Kyou." The guild master laughed, booming out loud enough for anyone nearby to hear "Come on in. I doubt you came here without a reason, visitor."

______

Transferring servers... Please wait.
Loading Ξ© Omega Server...
Loading Root Town Lia Fail...

The girl pulled off the headset, leaning back in her chair. Going to other servers was always annoying to her, due to the load times. "This had better be damn well worth it." The empty, filthy, tiny room didn't answer. It only sat there in silent remorse.

Welcome to Lia Fail! Be sure to visit the arena.

NPC's were annoying to the girl. The woman slouched in her seat, not bothering to put the headset back on. Seeming bored, she used the mouse to move about the town. It wasn't long before she got to the meeting she was invited to...

Rin Seiko
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zewei on Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:43 pm

"Neat addon, i didn't realize that it exist." Bowpurity laughed as he went in.
"Reason nor no reason, i've made it a habit to earsdrop, you may learn useful stuff when you do. Still, is that legal?"

He looked around, and saw that the chapel was worn down, still, he did not feel unease from it.
"Well then, Bowpurity, lv 10, first day newbie at your service."

He mentally looked thru their profiles.
Zativ Zuldin, Blade brandier, lv 54
KyoukiTa131, Flick reaper, lv 53
Moshi_Cat, Harvest cleric, lv 15
Talon, Edge Punisher, lv 1, eh a lv 1?

"And as for coming here without a reason, I don't really have any. I felt like it. Winded Treasure is a weird guild name so i decided to look. Talon, are you new?"

Talon looked at Bow curiously "Yes i am."
Bow materialized his spare broad wheel that he found, and pointed the blade down, slamming it to the floor somewhat. Letting go, the sword fell down with a clatter. Bowpurity looked at it for a moment. "Giant chainsaw, right i forgot." "Here, take this. Found a spare."
The sword unmaterialized as Bowpurity opened up a trade window with Talon, and gave away the sword and a fire mouse skin.

"So, tell me about your guild."

zewei
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rin Seiko on Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:02 pm

((OOC Do try to not control another person's character, no matter how light it is. It's rather rude ;3))
Zativ pushed himself off from the pedestal, his face littered with bits of humor and sternness. "Eves dropping is something that's considered rude in real life, and The World. This may be a game, but we're all still real people." The voice was mainly mono-toned, with a bit of sternness tossed into it. "If you've read the Agreement and rules, you'll see add-ons are allowed if they've been approved. This one has." The Brandier's arms folded themselves in a fluid moment. Their owner took a step forward. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were here to PK. You are certainly putting on the usual show." The character's level, however, prevented this possibility. "You do, however, seem to be rather confident for a newbie. Though, to answer your question, my guild is one that simply has fun in the World." The Brandier's face brightened up a bit at this, and his voice becoming less mono-toned and stern. "We spend our time collecting rare items and just enjoying the game. We aren't one of those hard-core gaming guilds, so if that's what you're looking for, you're in the wrong place." The arms relaxed, dropping to Zativ's sides.
"If you'd rather enjoy The World for what it is, though, then by all means, you're in the right place." The guild master moved over by Talon, plopping himself next to him on the glass floor. "If you're interested in joining, then tell me a little about yourself."

______

Player crowds, with mixed with some NPCs, flowed around the female character as she quietly flowed through them. The endless night above her twinkled with lights and stars. In the distance, a dim roar of the Arena could be heard. It was quickly cut off, however, as the player rounded a corner, leaving the loud and populated streets behind her, and entering into a dark and damp back ally.
After a few minutes of quick paced walking, Aio found herself described in the message.
An empty courtyard, in a far off corner of the Root Town, with nothing but a few boarded up buildings and a dying tree in a flower bed in the center. Footsteps bounced off the walls, deflected by solid wet stone. Aio stopped next to the dead flower bed, looking about her.
"Well? I came. Are you here?" The words, like the footsteps, raced about her in a quickly-ending game of tag, as the sounds danced from one stone to the next. For a moment, there was no reply. Then: "Ah, the faithful servant.." The voice was distorted purposely; preventing the visitor from clearly understanding the gender.
"Come out of the shadows, and spit it out already."

Rin Seiko
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zewei on Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:29 am

(ooc: ah, sorry then. But Bow likes making entrances, and it feels a bit odd just to wait for a post to say yes/no. I'll refrain from that from now on.)

"Well, the sword was suppose to stick out of the ground and not fall, damn spikes." Bowpurity laughed.
"And as for PK, a lv 10 going against 3 level 5x's. Right... I'm going to get that add-on, handy to see if anyone is stalking you eh? And I may be new over here, but i'm not new to online games, been playing them since i was 8. Besides, what's there to get nervous about? eavesdropping might be rude, but listening to random events has always been beneficial, and provide small entertainment and free thought. It's bad for me that there's that add-on however, kinda feels... unfair according to real world rules. And on that matter, eavesdropping on private events are rude, but eavesdropping on open events are usually allowed. I was planning on staying around for a while before visiting the cathedral."

Bowpurity paused for a while, taking a while to make sure his translation is clear.
"A fun guild, well alright let me introduce myself a little. I'm a foreigner, and i do not understand a single Japanese. I have a handy translator though. I've played in the early days of the world: R1, but didn't really continue to play it due to language barrier, i regret it right now. And as for the reason i'm here, it's because i needed a game to stay and what better then a game that has a goddess. Besides, i want to pay tribute to her, maybe even meet her one day. Anyway, as for who i am, i'm the strategic thinker, the explorer, the storyteller. I usually play solo, but i'm good for parties. You can't see it, but i picked steam gunner as my second job. Big sword for mobs, a gun for flying. Well, that was what i thought at first, i certainly wasn't expecting giant chainsaws."
"I could tell that Talon was a newbie, anyone who has played R1 will see what improvements have been made before exploring."

"But anyway, what about you guys, care to tell me what your here for? Maybe even why you picked your jobs or even just general things you have seen in the world, R1 and 2."

zewei
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rin Seiko on Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:44 am

(OOC There are ways around that. Just takes a bit of creativity. Usually, I just continue on as if they had or hadn't answered already. Usually, someone will answer that in their next post, along with continuing on to wherever you stopped.)

One of the odd fairy like effects floated into the chapel, lightly doing flips about until it landed on Zativ's outstretched arm. Almost lovingly, he twisted it about his hand, making sure to not let it escape. "I'm surprised you know about Aura...." The stone gray eyes seemed to relax in a pained way, as if he was about to cry. "She's just a myth, however... For as long as The World has existed, there hasn't been a single piece of evidence to prove her existence." The odd fluff moved upwards with a sudden breeze, out of Zativ's reach. He watched it float about, landing on Moshi's arm, where Kyou snatched it and attempted to eat it.
A grin quickly returned to the man's face. "That really is quite the amazing translator you have there. Most of us do speak English, though. It's required in Japan." The Brandier stood up, looking past Bow and through the broken door again. "We're clearly here to recruit for our guild. None of us like to talk much about ourselves, and some of us just picked our classes because they sounded cool." Walking towards Bow and the door, Zativ added one last thing before he slipped outside. "I will tell you that to me, The World is just that."
Kyou and Moshi quickly jumped up, following after their elusive guild master. Kyou spat out the odd fairy like effect of the area, moaning "Ahh, are we done recruiting already?" Zativ, already about a hundred feet down the path, said nothing, other then a message appearing above Bow's head.
Guild Invitation: Winded Treasure
Y/N

______

"Now now, little Steam Gunner. Be polite; we are after all still real people." The voice had no definite source, as it vibrated about Aio. The girl constantly looked around, trying to distinguish the source. "It is considered polite to at least let me see you."
There was a pause, as the speaker considered this statement. Finally, a reply "That wouldn't be any fun for me, of course." Aio folded her arms, annoyed. "Then tell me what you invited me here for."
"It is about your lovely guild master, Zativ." The Steam Gunner flinched. "What?" There was a pause again. The voice sounded almost smug with the next reply.
"Return to him. If you follow him around enough, you may see something... interesti-"

Rin Seiko
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zewei on Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:27 pm

Bowpurity stared as Kyou ate the light and spat it out. He's more disturbed by this act alone then the situation with Zativ.
As a guild request message appeared, he confirmed the request, and obtained the guild card.

"Seeing that, he still doesn't believe in this world? He's just denying the proof in his heart." Bow said aloud to Talon.
"If you wish to know more, go to Ξ” Hidden Forbidden Holyground. If your going much later, wake me up if i'm still there."

He walked back to the chaos gate and teleported back to root town, Mac Anu.
----------------------------------------------------------
Ξ” Hidden Forbidden Holyground
The doors of the cathedral bathed in eternal sunset opened as a figure entered. Inside the cathedral, Bowpurity walked towards the now empty altar. He shrugged, then closed his eyes, lowered his head and clasp his hands as if in prayer. After a while, he walked back towards the entrance. Instead of heading towards the doors however, he headed towards one of the benches at the back row, and laid his body down on the furthest bench. Placing his hands behind his head, looking at the ceiling of the cathedral, he closed his eyes and allowed himself to drift to sleep. While others may find it odd to sleep with your headset on, he did not mind the slight discomfort, as he has a very comfy pillow.

zewei
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rin Seiko on Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:13 pm

((The Sacred Grounds appear rarely. :/ I'm curious as to how your character would know about that one, let alone know that its currently accessible, along with being a first day newbie of The World R:2. Its not like everyone knows about the Sacred Grounds...))

Rin Seiko
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jxcrust on Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:57 pm

Talon nodded at his Guildmaster's compliments of seeming like a good person and whatnot but said nothing because he wasn't used to any type of male affection in the real world: he had been raised by women, only played in all girl (other then himself) bands, and only had female friends growing up. Talon finally spoke to Zativ and said with a grin, "There is nothing for me to do in Okinawa, so no life-ing it will be no problem Zativ..."

The Edge Punisher saw what appeared to be another Edge Punisher walk in the Chapel after Zativ called him out. When this stranger got closer Talon realized it was an Adept Rouge with his first job being that of an Edge Punisher. Talon already sinced a rivalry between them. Even though Bowpurity was an Adept Rouge, he was for now more or less a level 10 Edge Punisher. Talon being a level 1 Edge Punisher was now motivated to get stronger, but he wouldn't do it alone... He couldn't be alone here like he was at home.

Bowpurity offered Talon a Broadsword because he was a newbie just trying to help out another newbie
Talon stood up and turned to Bowpurity and replied, "Sorry friend I don't need your sword... I wish to earn them all on my own by my own treasure hunting, spoil scavenging, dungeon raiding and whatnot... Or at least be a part of a guild doing said methods... I guess I could sell it though Thank you!"

After Zativ and Bowpurity had finished their heart-to-heart talk about the World and the Guild, Zativ and the Guild started to walk out. Bowpurity said something about Zativ and knowing more and that annoyed Talon a bit. The Edge Punisher stood up and with smug grin replied to the Adept Rouge, "I have only known my Guildmaster for one day, but already I would fallow him thorough hell and back I would! There is more to this World than legends and myths and certainly more to one's heart than that.... Zativ is a prime example! I can trust him.. I can feel it and I'm going with them, because Guilds stick together, do missions together, and just have fun together! It's a game Bow! Have fun!!" With a wave and a turn Talon followed the others out of the Chapel.

Down the trail, he eventually caught up to Zativ and asked his Guildmaster, "What was up with that Bowpurity guy Z? Also were are we going?" Talon was full of joy at the thought of possibly this being the start of his training with the Guild.

Jxcrust
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zewei on Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:29 am

Bowpurity opened his eyes, he stretched for a while, then got up. He felt odd, even though he slept in his bed for an hour, his body was stiff.
'That was a weird sleep.'
Yawning, he walked towards the doors but stopped suddenly, wide awake, as words appeared at the bottom of his screen.

' The man with shadow
on the quest for the Twilight dragon

The man with shadow
won't return here anymore.

on the quest for the Twilight dragon. '

"Who's there? Where are you?" Bow shouted, looking around frantically.
There was no reply. Bowpurity lowered his guard, puzzled. As the words appeared again, yet he did not hear anyone talking.
Bow wrecked his brains. And he watched, after a while, as the words appeared again.
'Wait, maybe this isn't the world.... but the translator?'
He quickly checked his translator, and true enough, the words were recorded. His translator language was set to detect German.
'German? But didn't i set it to Japanese? Oh wait, German is just below Japanese, must have accidentally changed it before i slept. Yet German?'
Bowpurity looked around, for any signs of a PC but found none. He sat down and then thought before it occurred to him.
"The BGM?" he said aloud in wonder.
True enough, as he waited and listened to the background music, the words appeared again. Listening closely, he could discern the German lyrics.
Der Mann mit Schatten, auf der Such' nach dem Abenddrachen ,Der Mann mit Schatten, kehrt nicht mehr hierher zurΓΌck ,auf der Suche nach dem Abenddrachen.

Bowpurity grinned. "Today is a good day!"
He rushed out to the chaos gate and logged out. Eager to tell his close friends about his discovery.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 hour later
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well at least it isn't raining now." a grumpy Bowpurity said as he headed towards the fountain in Mac Anu.
"So what, they say. So what, they say. Bunch of idiots .Well now, what to do, what to do."

The center of Mac Anu is a huge open circle, with a fountain in the middle. It is here where you can find the quest shop and where the guild shops are, with guilds selling their wares.

Bowpurity browsed thru the shops, curious to see what future equipments will be like. He stopped to buy numerous healing pots from the medic union before going to the quest shop and taking the only available quest for his level.

Quest: Chim chims are being hunted!
Client: Dr Kubo.

"Creeping Black Nemesis? Odd name. Well, guess there's nothing better to do."
And as he accepted the quest, a weird npc which looks similar to the quest npc, but wearing different clothes approached him.
"Hello, my name is Dr Kubo, i'm a chim chim professor!"
"Lately chim chims in this field has is less frequent then normal, and i bet it's because of all those monsters!."
"Kill all the monsters in Ξ” Creeping Black Nemesis and i'll give you a reward."
"Good luck!"

--------------------------------------------------------------
Ξ” Creeping Black Nemesis
"Well, time to start killing mobs." Bowpurity said to himself as he continued training.
Last edited by zewei on Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

zewei
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vizcious on Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:00 am

Installation progress 75...78....88...96...99..100 installation complete.

[Logging in the world R2]
Finnally my suspension is up. It sucks i have to start over from scratch but who cares im back. Lets see i have to pick a new name as my old account is still suspended.

[Character create]
name: Azaizel
job: Adept rogue, twin blade, shadow warlock, none
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ξ” Mac Anu

Sets of gold teleportation rings transport Azaizel to Delta server root town Mac Anu.

As Azaizel materialized in the game he met an npc that replied "welcome to root town mac anu"

"Finnally im back" he shouted "The World's greatest pker has returned".

Azaizel began to walk around Root Town Mac Anu. "Hmm not much has changed" he thought "maybe I should do things different this time. Take more time to see what the world has to offer. Ahh well either way i need to level." Time to Grind" he shouted as he made his way toward the questgiver.

After accepting a quest he used the warp gate and headed straight for the chaos gate. Azaizel accessed the chaos gate and inserted the following words.

Ξ” Courageous Engaging Daydream

Bright gold rings appear and transport Azaizel to a field area. Azaizel travels the field battling goblins and opening chest. While battling the goblins Azaizel gets reaquainted with the game mechanics.

"Lets see block, combo, charged attack, and Rengeki." Azaizel then opens his menu and sets up its arts "Gale Blade".

After recieving the treasure from the beast temple Azaizel went to a few more field areas in order to grind and gain lvls. While he was grinding he thought to himself "well this is pretty fun im kinda glad i had to start over."

Vizcious
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!