Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Oh! Hai! Thur!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Oh! Hai! Thur!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Horzta_01 on Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:18 am

Oh hello... Again?

Anyway, I am Horzta_01 or you could pronounce it, Horztah'O'One. Not to be confused with that thing that starts with the letter "w". Anyway, Summer Vacation has hit the Utopia I am from and well, I have nothing to do, so I just thought, "Why not Roleplay?". Roleplaying to me is just another hobby, which means I am no writer, I could write a whole book but it'll be filled with common words. Another factor is that I haven't Roleplayed for like, a year? Which is sad, because I was great at it.

I have Roleplayed for around a year or two before I stopped and the first time I Roleplayed is when I was in those Yahoo Chat Rooms. I got to hone my skills when I was in GaiaOnline and I was doing 1On1 Roleplays because I was in a busy schedule, that, and the Roleplays I were in didn't last that long. Well, I'm not hoping for anything here, I'm just expecting that there will be no people that will go.

"-punch- AHHHhHH!"

No pun though, if your like that, well sorry.

When I was Roleplaying, I could reach 2-3 paragraphs at most, well as I said I am no hardcore writer. I do love Sci-fi but I would also like to put Physics in to it. One thing I hate is godmoding and that means that if you dodge a bullet because you are at the speed of light with your reflexes, then that will deserve a frown from I. Other forms is well, Spy flics and Medieval Age Roleplays.

Well that is all, when I am able to add more, then I shall.

Thank you for reading my Introduction, I hope it has given you useless information. :3
Roleplays I created:
A Spy-Sassin Roleplay

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Horzta_01
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Oh! Hai! Thur!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:39 am

Welcome to the Gateway family! We're glad to have you as part of our ever-expanding community!

I wouldn't worry at all about the level of writing/RPing skill that you bring to the table. We all come from different walks of life with differing skill sets and interests. That's one of the things that makes Gateway such a wonderful and diverse place.

If the time comes that you really want to improve your writing and RPing, feel free to contact any member of the Mentor team. We are dedicated staff members committed to improving the quality of content on the site. We do everything from personalized one-on-one lessons to text reviews of RPs to showing new users how to work the site. We would love to help in any way t that we can! You can always find us hanging around in the Role Play Academy.

Welcome again, thanks for joining and I'll see you around!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Symphony on Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:47 pm

Aloha! Welcome to Roleplay Gateway Hortza_01! (Mind if I call you Hortza? Or Hort? Horton?!) I'm Symphony, a fellow member of this site. Though, people call me Symph, Symphy, Sym, Relly, Relish.. Whatever floats your boat! Our community here is always glad to have new members, and all the more excited for those who are intrigued in roleplaying. So, just to give you a few pointers, I would suggest taking a look at our Rules, and as far as I know, those are the newly updated ones.

As for where to get started, it all depends on where you are most comfortable! I am a person of both worlds, the forums, and the chat, but I know a bunch of people who prefer the chat over other things! - Yes! We do have a live, running, roleplaying, chat. You can find tons of new friends there, who are always willing to help, from what I can see. You can find the chat Here As for how to get around on there, I suggest you take a look at a wonderful guide that ViceVersus was kind enough to make for us. The Hitchhikers Guide to RPG - Chat!

Though, not only do we have the multiverse, but we also have many other roleplays that are available, and you can pick and choose whichever one may fit what you really want to do! You should really take up Jag's request to hit up the Roleplay Academy, its a great place! I really do suggest you check it out. The entire staff is made up of great people! Feel free to ask them questions, I assure you they won't bite! I figure, you want to know everyone by their color, so here is it plain and simple :

Red = Creator/Administrators
Green = Mods
Navy Blue = Mentors
Bright Blue = Coders
Orange = Designers
Yellow = Contributors
Black = Normal members like you and me!

Here are a few more links you might want to check out. The Creative Realm where users can post artwork they have done, writing, and even pieces of music! The Interest Checks part of our forums is for those who have an idea, see if anyone else is interested in starting it with them. In the Roleplayers Wanted board, you can find threads where GMs (Game Masters, also known as the creators of roleplays) look for new members to join their roleplay.

I believe most people love to roleplay battling! Well take a look at our Battle Arena. I was never much into battling, but I am getting better at it myself! Though, from what I hear, it is a great place to face of your foes, and even your friends in combat! You can even judge your wins and losses I believe, though I am not too sure on how that works. C:

I hope you find your way around as best as you can, and if you have any other questions, don't be afraid to ask! Its great that you are taking a liking to roleplaying once again, it is a great hobby if I do say so myself!

-Symphony ♬

Symphony
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:48 pm

Wilkommen Hortzah! Always good to have veteran RPers coming into the fold here at RPG, and we all share a bit of a soft-spot for roleplay. On another note, I'm quite pleased to see that you dig Sci-Fi, any particular sub-genre you have a taste for?

Man, I feel a bit inadequate with my post, especially in the wake of so many details, however, as Jag had pointed out, us blueberries are always more than eager to assist, should you ever require it, and can easily be found, if not in the chat, at the Roleplay Academy, where we will try to get back with you as soon as possible.

All in all, I really hope you enjoy your stay here at the Gateway, and perhaps our paths will cross some time?

-Otto

Ottoman
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyr on Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:28 am

*Explodes into the room in a blue pyre of flamey stuff and wonder*

Well hello there, and welcome to the Gateway. I'm Tsuki, your resident avatar of Pyromaniacism and apparently hard-to-pronounce usernames.

I see you've already met two of our lovely staff members. If you're ever in any need of help, contact the Jaggerwocky, the piece of furniture, myself, or any of our peers.

I really have nothing else important to say, so with that I bid you adieu.

Adieu.

*Explodes*
Hello, friends...

Zephyr
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!