Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Halo: Chasing the Metroid Hunter [open]

a topic in Video Games, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on video games.

Halo: Chasing the Metroid Hunter [open]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:59 pm

Spartan DX-504, stone faced and recalling a slipspace anomaly just outside her home colony, stared at the wall as her commanding officer chewed her out. But it didn't bother her much as it should have, it only strengthen her resolve to leave the hellhole that was currently her life. 'Sorry Dr. Halsey, but I can't stay here anymore.' she thought while planning her escape. Once the officer had dismissed her, she went to her quarters and paused. Years of service, intense and bloody, replayed in her mind like disjointed movie. She went through and placed every photo of herself face down.

Stopping on the only one with her training team in it she stared at it for the longest time. Wondering when she allowed herself to used like a common attack dog. After flipping the picture she wandered through till finding herself in the armory. 'Time.' she thought. Taking the necessary time to don her gen I MK IV armor, set the thruster and sprint module pack, and gather her weapons she heard the song that was playing when UNSC forcefully drafted her at seven years old. 'Does this I'm doing the right thing or does it mean something else?' she questioned, heaving a sigh.

In the dark hours of early morning, she boarded the unnamed Prowler that she learned everything about in preparation for her unauthorized leave. Sliding into the pilot seat, she ran the checklist that accompanied the prowler and watching the timer on her HUD. Minutes tick as she waited for an opening. 'Got to hurry, before they realize what I'm doing and attempt to stop me.' she thought. "There!" the Spartan exclaimed when she saw the right moment. Throwing the Prowler into an overly steep power climb, she tuned out the chatter coming the radio. 'Goodbye." she murmured with one last backward glance.

Coming to just exiting slipspace, the Spartan banked and threw the Prowler forward at top speed. Ignoring all the doubt coursing through her head she focused on just reaching the abnormality as soon as humanly possible. 'Can't let anyone catch me.' she thought. While the minutes drew on, she prepared herself for whatever she might face on the opposite side of it. "Now never Spartan." she mumbled. Seeing the abnormality on her scanner, the Spartan orbited it twice, a silent goodbye to her home and the family that bore her, before diving straight into the abnormality's gaping maw while having her armor knock her out.

Alarms and impacts brought the Spartan to full wakefulness. Seeing the cause, and cursing her damn luck, she tried to avoid the blasts. But there were to damn many of them and her borrowed ship wasn't a fighter. Getting the ship into the atmosphere, she jumped from it, hoping this won't turn into a dead in. "So much for stealth." she groaned to herself. Only to eat a low yield missile right in the teeth. Combing to again, she saw what could be marines and someone in some armor pointing their weapons down at her. "Frak me."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Draruto
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!