Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Halo RP Needs new characters!

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Halo RP Needs new characters!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:45 am

Halo: Reclamation takes place on a planet called Unova Prime, and centers around the story of a group of mismatched individuals who are brought together by chance who have to pull together and survive alone in a hostile world which falls to a Covenant attack. On this world, not only will we face hostile Covenant attacks, but also attacks by the whildlife of the planet itself. Other enemies encountered as we continue the RP will be insurrectionists, the Flood, and more. Some enemies are new to the franchise, while others are well known by players both new and old.

In many ways, this RP will take on a similar atmosphere to the movie Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn. The survivors of a swift and vicious attack must escape the planet, and along the way, they must survive each other. What separates this from Forward Unto Dawn is the fact that the entire planet is going to be out to get you, not just the enemies you're familiar with. In order to survive on this world until the evac ships come in to pick you up, which won't be for three to four weeks at minimum, you'll need to hunker down and conserve what ammo and intelligence you have.

Once the crew is rescued from the planet, the RP's primary storyline has only just truly begun. We'll be visiting numerous planets and Space Installations along the way where we will be engaging hostile alien forces, and sometimes enjoying brief times of peace where character interaction will be abundant and the bonds between characters will either improve or sour depending on how you play it out.

The SPARTAN Competition!

Originally, I created a contest among those interested in portraying a SPARTAN to create a profile and I would choose the strongest one. Only one person participated, but they have since gone AWOL on me. That being said, I'm in the market for new SPARTAN(s). If you are familiar with the Halo franchise, mythology and such, and can create a detailed and powerful character, then I would be willing to discuss further with you the option of creating a SPARTAN.

A Word of Warning!

Though I am friendly and agreeable when presented with politeness and responsibility by other players, I am a strict Game Master when it comes to the RP's I create and will adhere to the rules and regulations I have put forth with almost fanatical diligence. Any breaking of my rules results in either a warning, or an instant one way ticket out of the RP depending on how severe the infraction is. Also, I do not tolerate anyone picking fights with their fellow Role Players. If you have a problem with one of the other players, either take it to private messages with them, alert me to the problem so I can work it out, or just drop it and leave it alone. If there is any insulting of other players in my RP, if you aren't already a part of it, you will not be allowed to join. If you are part of the RP, you'll either be warned or booted out depending on the nature of the argument.

You have been warned!

Back to the SPARTANs

All characters, no matter whether you're submitting a SPARTAN or another kind of character, must be submitted to the OOC thread "Character Profiles." This allows me and the rest of the cast to see your prowess as a player, and also helps me keep the character page clean so that when we go to tag characters in our posts, we don't get pictures and names which no longer exist within the RP. So, once I have read the profile in the OOC and have given you the green light afterwards, you may submit the profile to the RP for official approval.

Keep in mind...

I am very picky when it comes to SPARTANs, as they are the games most powerful characters and require a lot of dedication and respect as far as creating a profile goes and playing them in the RP. If you are creating a SPARTAN, you need to have a profile that has at least as much information as the SPARTAN I created, SPARTAN-017: Linde. If your profile is not as detailed and thorough as this profile, then you have some work to do and need to beef it up a bit. If your profile has more info than mine, then you're almost guaranteed to be accepted once I've read the entire bio and training history, as those are the two areas which I consider most important for learning who your character is and what they're capable of. This being the case, since it's not that hard to make a profile that surpasses mine in detail, I still will only accept a maximum of two more SPARTANs.

I created an RP where everyone could be a SPARTAN once before, and it didn't work out because of a few factors which included flaky players and those who thought that they could manipulate the fact that SPARTANs are naturally overpowered and force their way into the "most powerful character" slot.

I hate that.

The RP's I create are not designed so that a single individual can be the strongest in the group. Whether it's the fastest, the physically most powerful, the most perceptive... I don't care. Nobody will have a single point where they are stronger than everyone else, because that is, in my opinion, a form of god-moding. That single strength can be used to "logically" propel you into a place of superiority where your speed means that the others can't beat you in a fight because you react and strike faster, your power means you can't be damaged, or your perception means that you can know almost everything before it even happens.

I hate this too.

The RP's I create are designed for everyone to play to the best of their ability and have fun. I will not accept show boats or arrogant players who think they know better than everyone else, and who think can create the "strongest" character in the cast and god-mode their way into being a powerhouse. If I see anything like that, one of three things will happen. One, if you arne't part of the RP but were hoping to join, you'll be told to leave and never come back. Two, if you're involved in the RP already and you display this kind of behavior, your character will be killed off and written out, and you will have absolutely no say in the matter. And three, if you really manage to tick me off and go over the top, I will simply delete your character and not provide the dignity of having them written out.

They'll just disappear.

So for the sake of balance, and for the sake of making sure that everyone can relax and enjoy the RP for what it is and just have fun with it without worrying about "This guy's too powerful," or "Why can they do that but I can't?" Nobody needs that kind of stress or aggravation, so if you're going to make a SPARTAN profile, please don't try to get away with having anything, even if it's just one detail, which makes you the "best" at something. If you want to specialize in a weapon, that's one thing, but being the strongest, fastest, most perceptive, most intelligent... That stuff won't fly.

So!

That all being said, and to sum everything here up, I am looking for dedicated and proficient players who are familiar with the Halo universe to become members of my RP. I need civilians, and it doesn't matter what your profession is, and I need military personnel like Marines, ODST's, and I will accept a max of two more SPARTANs. If you are familiar with Halo, and think that you are a strong enough player to be involved with this RP given it's fanatical GM and its rather strict rules and regulations, then please drop by the link at the top of the page and visit the RP to see what it's like.

I will be looking forward to seeing new characters!
Last edited by KumoriRyuu on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:24 am, edited 9 times in total.
Kumori Ryuu

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Re: Halo: Reclamation

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:11 pm

BUMP for great justice!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Re: Halo: Reclamation Character Call!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:26 pm

Another bump for great justice! We really need new characters! So far we've only got one SPARTAN, one ODST (both mine), and one scientist! Please, have a heart!! We need new players!!

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Re: Halo: Reclamation! Needs new characters!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:02 am

Still bumping for great justice, as we still only have two characters. I have one potential SPARTAN on the way, but I'm not yet certain they'll be (or remain) a part of the RP depending on how long it takes them to get back to me on some concerns I have.

So please, if you're a fan of Halo and would like to be a part of this adventure, then check out the RP and give it a shot. I know that I can be a bit demanding as the GM, but when you get passed those high expectations and get to the RP it's all good fun and a lot of laughs in the OOC.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RiPjAW 0x3 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:05 pm

Kumori, you really having that much trouble?

I can join in if all else fails.

RiPjAW 0x3
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:38 pm

Yes, I'm having that much trouble.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!