Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A Handful of Dust Remake

A Handful of Dust Remake

a part of “A Handful of Dust Remake”, a fictional universe by supertoastgirl.

Dust, a settlement in the high desert is flipped into political, personal and ethical debate when newcomers step within their bounds.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A Handful of Dust Remake”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: A Handful of Dust Remake

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby supertoastgirl on Wed May 20, 2015 7:25 pm

I take that back, Minor is posting tomorrow morning.

As for the time skip it's only going to be a couple of days later at Patrick's funeral.
There shall be lots of boohooing and a possible natural threat. So prepare your brains. Also make sure to have a general idea of what happened over the past couple of says and if need be message people about interactions.

Thanks, lovelies! This thing has really taken off again.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

supertoastgirl
Member for 16 years
Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sparrowluvr2 on Wed May 20, 2015 7:42 pm

I'm so glad this had taken off again! I can't wait! When should we expect the time skip? :P I know I'm nosy!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

sparrowluvr2
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby supertoastgirl on Wed May 20, 2015 8:16 pm

Eh. If Minor does as he says, tomorrow evening probably. Maybe sooner? We'll see.

supertoastgirl
Member for 16 years
Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MinorSeventh on Thu May 21, 2015 4:15 pm

"Aaron and Juniper are going on a spiritual journey. We have some long ass collab post bout to be laid down like supah hawt fiah."

-Redred33mer

Let me point out three select words in this masterful quote.

SUPAH.
HAWT.
FIAH.

(I love you red, don't pull a Dana)

Also, I am always involved in really depressing posts. I thought I was the jokester out of all of us. What happened? Who died and made me the bomb dropper? Oh wait...everyone did. Heehee.

Btw Dana is actually gone. I may bring her back sometime but as for now she is in the wilderness trying to survive. She isn't an NPC...she is essentially dead. Just making sure we are all clear on that.

*SNIFF SNIFF* So sad

MinorSeventh
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sparrowluvr2 on Thu May 21, 2015 4:42 pm

Aweeeee so she got away before they could lock her up!

sparrowluvr2
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby supertoastgirl on Thu May 21, 2015 5:51 pm

supertoastgirl
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby supertoastgirl on Thu May 21, 2015 6:14 pm

Okay, friends, here goes my monologue. Please read this!!! I will hunt you down and smack you if you don't read all of this. :)

First of all, I just want to send out a little reminder that this is in fact a literate RP. In short, that means we show, not tell. I know we can't always describe an emotion and therefore replace it with text, but I really want everyone to strive for character development on a more personal level. Everyone has been susceptible this short cut in RPing but I just wanted to remind ya'll that our goal is to demolish people emotionally show, not tell.

Second!!! The time skip! Hoooraayy, finally. We are starting precisely four days later, at Patrick Clay's funeral. Which in reality is a little late for a smelly corpse in the desert, but whatever. Redeemer and I have a collaborative post still in this time zone, but after that I'm going to introduce us into the funeral.

Thirdly, wednesday I have been working on a little project for a while and I think it's time that I official introduce it. I know that things can be really slow on the RP because of a lot of real life factors, so I've decided to enact Dust Origins. Dust Origins is the backstories to these characters in the original post-to-play forums. For example you can set up a Dust Origins: Owen Tompkins and Ginny Braddock, which would obviously be their exclusive story before they were married. In that case Sparrow and I would have the option to making it a 1x1 or we could involve wednesday in some other posts as well. These threads can go any direction you want to take them with as few or as many people as you want, the only thing I ask is that they are of the same writing quality (which shouldn't be hard because you guys are good at that already). These are also completely optional, but I thought it would be really cool to dig deep into some of these mysterious backstories.

Here is the link to Dust Origins: Juniper Jacobs and Robin Braddock If you want to start one yourself I recommend putting in the Uncateforized RP section of Post-By-Play. I will also be making another Dust OOC thread to put the links to each Dust Origins, that way it can be easy to find if you want to read.

And last but not least, which is also pretty important. Minor and I are going to France on Monday and won't be back until June 5th. With that being said I'll probably check up on you guys here and there and read your posts, but the likelihood of either of us posting is slim to none. Just thought I should warn you all so you don't think we've abandoned you.

supertoastgirl
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sparrowluvr2 on Thu May 21, 2015 7:45 pm

But you'll post before you leave yessss? -puppy dog eyes- I LOVE YOU! TAKE ME WITH YOU! Lol. As another note I'll be out of time the weekend of the June 12th and the week of my birthday June 24th through at least June 28th.

I CAN'T WAIT TO GET STARTED! Super I'll start Origins for Ginny.

sparrowluvr2
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Thu May 21, 2015 7:48 pm

Not the least bit of sorrow here for the fate of everyone who remained in Dust. Y'all THOT's should've went on a fricken chill spiritual journey. But Noooooo, the wilderness is dangerooouuuus.

My ass. :U
"The Redeemer has risen!"
Image"It is not living that matters, but Living rightly."

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sparrowluvr2 on Thu May 21, 2015 8:00 pm

LOL YOU ARE EVIL RED! I'm gonna pm you.

sparrowluvr2
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Fri May 22, 2015 3:40 am

Seems Mini-Me was wrong, then (o u o )
France! Quelle belle pays ! Bon vol, les gars !

And happy birthday in advance, Sparrow! Have a great one!
"Believing oneself to be perfect is often the sign of a delusional mind."

wednesdaysun
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter World Builder Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sparrowluvr2 on Fri May 22, 2015 10:25 am

Aweeee thank you! I'll post here on my birthday as long as I have internet.

Ps. Evanne is not dead.

PS. Wednesday we should discuss an orgins story for Ginny and Rob! :D

sparrowluvr2
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby supertoastgirl on Sat May 23, 2015 10:51 am

Okay guys, the time skip has happened!! With that being said we're right smack dab in the middle of Patrick's funeral. So I'm going to let ya'll get your feels out before something else disastrous happens.

Also, this time skip just needs something else, if ya'll have any big plans or ideas shoot them my way (or not) so that this time skip isn't just blah.

Okay, thanks everybody! Hopefully you guys can get some posts in before Monday so that Minor and I can too. :)

supertoastgirl
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby supertoastgirl on Sat May 23, 2015 12:52 pm

Hi, friends, me again. So this is a little PSA.

First of all, the Harvest Tax!!!! I bet ya'll forgot about that one didn't you? Anyway, that thing is going to be apart of this time skip. This may include angry neighbors and sad outsiders. But we'll see!

There are a couple of buildings and other additions to Dust that I have yet to talk about, so I'm just going to throw them out there.

The first is Patrick's memorial. From now on there is going to be a music section of the tiny library where all of Clay's musical theatre sheet music will be. There is also talk of building a theatre of some sort, but who has time for that?

Now on the weirder side of things, there is a sperm bank in Dust. This sperm bank was made so that in case anything real funky happens and the women are on their own or something. Every three years they have the men donate sperm because frozen sperm is kind of finicky, so they have a freakin bunch of back up. Soooo that's going to happen after the Harvest Tax, I have yet to decide if it's going to be during the blank space between time skips or not. Probably will be.

There's an old school quarantine hatch under the town hall that was used at the very beginning of Dust. It's fairly unknown, especially amongst the younger folks in Dust, but if you've got a leg in with the people upstairs (or your parents were someone) then you probably know something about it. There are rumors that it's filled with sand, but there are also rumors that there's a tunnel that leads out of Dust.

That's it folks! PM or IM if you've any questions.

supertoastgirl
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby supertoastgirl on Sun May 24, 2015 10:44 pm

Okay, never again will I post 3 times in a row... But you can't blame me. Ya'll are quiet for some reason.

So please continue wiring without me and Minor, though I think he might get something out before we leave tomorrow. Also, if things need to happen (aka the unsaid disaster) I have appointed my trusty elf wednesday to do the deed.

P.S Major brownie points for anyone who knows the opera reference.

supertoastgirl
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Sun May 24, 2015 11:03 pm

Well then let's make things textually loud.

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sparrowluvr2 on Sun May 24, 2015 11:18 pm

LOL What just happened?!

sparrowluvr2
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Sun May 24, 2015 11:33 pm

I ensured that toasty couldn't possible post a fourth time in a row on this OOC. She wanted things to be louder, so a man lost his ear drums. Poor infidel.

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sparrowluvr2 on Mon May 25, 2015 3:08 pm

Lol you guys always know how to cheer me up!

sparrowluvr2
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Sat May 30, 2015 4:32 pm

Hey guys,

Right now, I'm leaving for my grandmother's funeral. She passed away two days ago. The funeral's on Monday, so I'm not sure if I'll be back Monday night or Tuesday. But for a few days, I'll be gone.

See y'all soon.

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!