Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Harry Potter OOC/Interest Check

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Harry Potter OOC/Interest Check

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:13 am

So, I've seen a few Harry Potter Rps on here, but they have all either been way to far in for me to check out, or way to stupid. Let me say straight off, this is not going to be set in the time of Harry Potter, you will not be allowed to be any of the characters, and I want literate RPers only. No going off on nonsensical rants, or allowing the RP to devolve into baby talk between two players. Romance is allowed, but keep it a side feature, not a main focus.

Setting: Roughly 100 years after the events of the Harry Potter series. Despite the large amount of time that has passed, there will not be massively enhanced technology and the like. It will basically be the same exact world as in Harry Potter, minus the characters and the plot of the series.

Plot: This is largely, especially early on, a free RP. Later on, if all goes well, plot may be introduced, but for the most part the game will center around your growth as a Witch or Wizard at Hogwart's School for Witchcraft and Wizardry. The game will start on the train to Hogwarts. You will not know what house you are put in until you get sorted by the Sorting Hat. You can effect your sorting though, both as they do in the books, and by your characterization in posts leading up to the sorting.

Template:
Name:
Blood Type (Full blood, half blood, muggle born...):
Year (I'd prefer first year, and if you are going to be anything else, you have to give me a reason and get it ok'd):
Brief History (More than a sentence, but no novels please):
Wand Description (Try to make it different than everyone elses):
Other:

I will also allow a few teacher templates for people I believe can do it well.
Template:
Name:
Blood Type (Full blood, half blood, muggle born...):
Class (Head of House, if one):
Brief History (More than a sentence, but no novels please):
Wand Description (Try to make it different than everyone elses):
Other:

To give you an idea, here is mine.
Template:
Name: Jace Star
Appearance: http://Angelic-Machine.deviantart.com/a ... c-37083584
Blood Type (Full blood, half blood, muggle born...): Half Blood (Muggle Born Mom, Full Blood Dad)
Year (I'd prefer first year, and if you are going to be anything else, you have to give me a reason and get it ok'd): First Year
Brief History (More than a sentence, but no novels please): Jace grew up in London, knowing of magic, but not having much of a chance to partake in it. He went to Diagon Alley at least once a month with his father, and got to be a part of it all there. He also went flying fairly often away from the city, and he loves nothing more than flying. He was taught to Seek by his father, and dreams of being the Gryffindor's Seeker.
Wand Description (Try to make it different than everyone elses): 11 inches, Cherry-Wood, nice and supple, dragon heartstring's core.
Other: N/A

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Harry Potter OOC/Interest Check

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Trix on Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:55 am

Awww, I haven't done a Harry Potter roleplay for ages! Not since I was in HOL, anyway.

Name: Ashley Raughford

Appearance: Ashley has dark blonde hair that comes to just below her shoulders. It's usually plaited, or pulled into a high ponytail. She's about average height for her age, and has blue-grey eyes.

Blood Type : Full-blood

Year: First Year

Brief History: What with being the first child of a full-blood family, Ashley has always been her father's pride and joy. Her mother, though, being a naturally quiet woman, rarely said anything to Ashley, but taught her the importance of listening, and appreciating what you had. Mr Raughford has taught Ashley a few basic spells and taught her how to fly (A skill Ashley doesn't appear to have very much of) before she came to Hogwarts, and Ashley is eager to impress her family. Ash has never known any world other than the wizarding world; she knows of muggles, but has never met one.

Wand Description : 12 1/2 inches, rosewood, unicorn hair.

Other: Ashley has a pet cat called George, and the family owl is called Herbet.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Trix
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:00 am

Accepted. I'll put up an IC thread when a couple more people join.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby paige394 on Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:32 pm

Sounds like fun!

Name: Mya Hurst

Appearance: see link below

Blood Type: half-blood

Year: First

Brief History: Parents: Colleen (Muggle) and Michael (Wizard) Hurst, has two older brothers that have already graduated and moved away, Grew up in a quiet part of London.

Wand Description: 11” Holly, Unicorn tail, “Flexible”

Other: Has a pet toad named Lily. Hopes to be in Gryffindor like her brothers.

http://rinacat.deviantart.com/art/Commish-Victoria-in-Hogwarts-36354849

paige394
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ms.Taken on Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:38 pm

Ah, Harry Potter roleplay! I haven't seen one of these since the craze of the seventh book ended.

Template: Student
Name: Emmanuelle "Anne" Forsythe
Appearance: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn23 ... e-girl.jpg
Blood Type (Full blood, half blood, muggle born...): Muggle-born
Year (I'd prefer first year, and if you are going to be anything else, you have to give me a reason and get it ok'd): First
Brief History (More than a sentence, but no novels please): Orphaned by parents that are most presumably Muggles, Anne was outcasted by her peers in the orphanage and thought queer by the adults. She is overjoyed for a change of scenery, although not exactly sure what being a witch entails.
Wand Description (Try to make it different than everyone elses): 14 inches, ebony wood, fairy wing core. Stiff, not bendy one bit.
Other: None. :]
"When I use a word, it means just what I choose it to mean,
neither more nor less."

~ Alice in Wonderland, Lewis Carroll

Ms.Taken
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:51 pm

Great. Both accepted. Just to let you guys know, I'm a little more flexible and lenient than some Harry Potter fanatics. While I respect the core material and totally love it, I am also open to changes and creativity. So if anyone wants to have pets beyond toad, cat, and owl, I may be ok with it, so long as they aren't Hagrid pets. You will also be able to create your own spells when you get older if you so desire.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby paige394 on Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:13 pm

Oh, and when are we going to start RPing?

paige394
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:16 pm

We already have! First posts are up in the IC. Its in the Fiction Based RP section. I'll post a link if you need help finding it.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keeley on Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:25 pm

Name:Shannon Taylor
Appearance:Longcurly brown hair, Emerald green eyes with long eyelashes. She wears flaired or skinny jeans and cami tank tops. She is tall (about 5'6 foot)and skinny, a bit like a model. She usually wears make up that isn't too noticable.
Blood Type:Pureblood
Year: first year
Brief History: She is the only child from a rich pureblood family, making her seem to be snobby even though she is shy and likes to have people around her. She was bullied by kids in the village, when she was of a younger age, for being so tall and for not talking much.
Wand Description: Ten 1/4 inches, Mahogany with a dragon's heartstring, good for transfiguration.
Other:She owns a strange pure black tawny owl, like a copy of herself.
Last edited by Keeley on Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keeley
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby paige394 on Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:27 pm

I know where it is, thanks!

paige394
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:28 pm

Remember, as a Pureblood you wouldn't have gone to school before this. But otherwise, accepted. Man. We need some more dudes.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaveYou on Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:35 pm

Name: Alice Wonderland
Blood Type: Muggle-born
Year: 1st
Brief History: Alice's mother and father divorced when she was four, leaving her an extremely solemn child. She took her comforts in reading and singing, refusing to speak unless necessary. Her musical voiced developed swiftly, a soft enchanting sound. When she found out she was a witch, she was astounded, and her mother dumped her with her father, leaving her only a storybook to remember her by. She took it to Hogwarts with her.
Wand Description: 11" Redwood, Owl feather
Other: She doesn't like talking much, and will mostly use her voice for singing. The book she was given was Alice In Wonderland.

SaveYou
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:40 pm

Accepted. I'm so vastly outnumbered. We need guys, and we need teachers too if anyone else wants to make one. I can play them all if need be, but they are up for grabs if anyone else wants one.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:42 pm

Name: Darren
Appearance:
Blood Type: Pureblood
Year: First Year
Brief History: He was found long ago as only a child, tooken in by his current parents, sadly they never passed their last name to him, odd if I would say. He found out he is a PureBlood Wizard, his parents and their parents and so on going to this school for generations. He is very quiet, and likes school, and wishes to become as good as the great Albus Dumbldore one day. Being a very hard worker, he is always listening and accepting new knowledge.
Wand Description: 10", supple, single phoenix tail feather
Other: Has a pet Cat names Fushi.
Last edited by Maestro on Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:45 pm

Accepted. Finally, another male!

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Surreal on Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:50 pm

*Pretends to not exist*
Last edited by Surreal on Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Surreal
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:53 pm

Accepted. But, what exactly is a demiguise? Lol.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Surreal on Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:59 pm

No idea. But I'm pretty sure it's official.

http://www.theorderofthephoenix.net/harry-potter-wands.htm

See? :D

Surreal
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:45 pm

Haha, thats cool. Not sure how legit it is, but cool.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keeley on Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:49 pm

i think demiguise are magical creatures that can become invisible, if i'm right it says in the book that their hairs are used to make invisibility cloaks.

Keeley
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!