Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hello! (I'm New.)

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Hello! (I'm New.)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ƶuriel on Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:13 am

I'm happy to have found this website. I started RP'ing in 2001 and fell in love with it- I had already enjoyed writing fiction, but roleplaying really sharpened some skills in a way that was fun and quite addicting. The website that I had roleplayed on (Arwen-Undomiel.com, a Lord Of The Rings fan website, where the roleplay was Fantasy oriented) went downhill a few years ago and since I have deprived myself of any roleplay. So, I am a little rusty, but eager to throw my characters out there and have some fun!

THANKS FOR READING!

Ƶuriel

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ƶuriel
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Hello! (I'm New.)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tristan_cross on Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:03 am

Welcome to RPG!!! I'm Tristan your friendly neighborhood RPer like you! If you need any help there's plenty of people, including myself, that would be more then happy to help just let us know!! Since your rusty I might suggest you check out the Role Play Academy for a refresher course, the Mentor's there will make sure you remember you stuff, then again if you've written anything in the time spent away from RPing it's unlikely your forget anything. Also you might want to glance over at the Rules just so you don't get in to any trouble here... Oh, and enjoy the site!!!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tristan_cross
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Group Theory Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:17 pm

Welcome to the site, Zuriel! There is so many things to do here so I'll break it down into a rough guide for you.

Before you start though, be sure to read through the site's Rules and Regulations.

Now for the guide =].

The Chat - Where a lot of us hang out. Sometimes just normal conversation happens, other times epic roleplay happens. Depending on what you like you can either start a roleplay there, or hop right in. The chat roleplay tends to be faster than forum roleplays with short responses but just as fun.

Then you have the forum roleplays. There are a number of places to start here. First off, looking for a roleplay, or wanting to set one up, the Out of Character is the forum to look in. If you want to join a roleplay, just click on one that sounds interesting, read it through and then just follow the GM's rules in applying. If you want to start a topic Vexar has written a good guide. If you want to see if people are interested in your ideas, the Interest Checks is the place to post a rough idea, to see how many people are interested and get their input.

If you need any help, there is the help forum for site problems and if you want to improve on roleplaying, we also have a Roleplay Academy, or feel free to PM me or one of the other moderators for assistance.

If you have a creative streak, then show it off in our Creative Realm. We love seeing others work.

Again, welcome to the site and have fun! Hope this guide helps to find RP's that you are interested in. :)

Crim

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avey on Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:20 pm

Oh hi thar Zuriel! Welcome to RPG! Its nice to see that you have joined after years of roleplaying! I am Aveline, nice to meet you! I see Crim has already gave you some useful links that should help you get around but if you need any additional help feel free to ask! I hope to see you around soon!

Aveline
<3

Avey
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!