Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hello Roleplaygateway.com

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Hello Roleplaygateway.com

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ozmono on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:24 am

Hi,
I call myself Ozmono but you can call me Oz, Mono or pretty much anything you want within reason. I'm a gamer at heart and have been for most of my twenty odd years on this planet however I am still relatively green when it comes to roleplay. I first started roleplaying in an online RPG but it was a mixture of out of character and in character remarks. I had been keeping an eye on another upcoming Massive Multiplayer Online (MMO) game that had mandatory roleplaying as one of it's central features (although I was following it for some of it's other features at the time) and was converted :) Since than I have roleplayed more seriously in online games and on forums although the forums for that particular game aren't frequented by enough people any more which is why I find myself here. Anyway it's a pleasure to be here and I look forward to getting my feet wet.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ozmono
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Re: Hello Roleplaygateway.com

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DreamlessDesire on Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:35 am

Welcome Onomzo! Hmm, then again I might stick with Mono.. Anyways welcome to RPG Mono! Unfortunately I am only a member so for the best welcomes you will have to wait for Sato or one of the other great Mentors/Moderators to pop by.

I do hope you enjoy the site here, it is a little difficult every now and again to find that right RolePlay but don't give up it's well worth the wait. And what game are you talking about anyhow? Don't shy out on the details, I am sure a lot of us are guilty of playing games like World of Warcraft, Runes of Magic, Runescape, and countless others.

I am sure Sato or one of the many Mentors/Moderators will stop by to give you a shout along with a few links! If I can help in anyway then do give me a shout and I can try my hardest though.

By the way, the Private message system doesn't work until you accumulate about 10 forum posts or so. So don't freak out if your PM system doesn't work. Here is a link about that issue

For the different Mentors and such you can check out The team

Other then that just keep in mind the rules

Hope those help for now, until the Mentors and such come your way with a lot more helpful information.

♪♫Whether if-its for the light, or if-its for the dark. Here I stand, my head held high. ♫♪

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DreamlessDesire
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ozmono on Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:16 am

Hi, thanks for making me feel welcome.

In regards to the games I mentioned, the first game that I refered to and that I roleplayed in (if I can call it that, it had just as much OOC communication too) was Roma Victor. It was a mess of a game and has since folded but the semi-roleplay made it interesting for awhile. The second was a game called Adellion which hasn't got made. I originally followed the game for some of it's non-roleplaying features but was eventually won over by the idea of having a true roleplaying MMO. That is to say a MMO with no OOC comments, was semi-realistic and so on. I roleplayed a little on that games forums and it started me seeking roleplay elsewhere. The game has been put on hold though and roleplaying in those forums is difficult now due to the lack of members visiting it so I've decided to come here.

I'm very impressed by this site so far. I love how well organised it is and how active it seems to be. I haven't picked out a roleplay yet but there are a few I am considering joining and many I just haven't got around to looking at yet. I think I'll wait to see if I get a mentor first which I've already applied for and get some advice regarding my first roleplay here.

Anyway nice to meet you. Thanks again for making me feel welcome and for the links. Cheers.

Ozmono
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:07 am

Welcome Onomzo! Hmm, then again I might stick with Mono.. Anyways welcome to RPG Mono! Unfortunately I am only a member so for the best welcomes you will have to wait for Sato or one of the other great Mentors/Moderators to pop by.

Only a member? Oh, don't be like that. You guys make RolePlayGateway! Without our awesome community, we'd just be a bunch of colored names sitting around, twiddling our thumbs with nothing to write about. :P

Anyways, hello Ozzy! I'm Sato (ViceVersus), the mod that DreamlessDesire was talking about. I'm a long-running member here at RPGateway, and I know the website inside and out so if you have any questions on what goes where and why, I can help you out.

New to text-based roleplaying, huh? We've all been there, and you're actually in luck because RPGateway is actually built so that you learn as you go along. I see you've already poked around the RPA a bit, which is excellent. The mentors live and breathe on being able to jell folks out.

I'm very impressed by this site so far. I love how well organised it is and how active it seems to be. I haven't picked out a roleplay yet but there are a few I am considering joining and many I just haven't got around to looking at yet. I think I'll wait to see if I get a mentor first which I've already applied for and get some advice regarding my first roleplay here.

RolePlayGateway is (and now I start to sound like a salesman!) one of the largest text-based roleplaying websites out there on the web. You certainly won't find any shortage of users here posting and getting their creative urges out. Don't be afraid to just dive right in and start kicking stories in the face. In my experience, the best way to learn is to just do.

Well, hope that at least helped a little bit. Like I said, if you have any questions around I'm almost always here.

Definitely check out that link about unlocking your PMs.

Bye!

VV

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ozmono on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:47 pm

Hi, it's nice to meet you Sato.

I checked out that link and my next stop is the off topic section :) This site certainly does appear to have it all. I plan on getting into the thick of it relatively soon and I have been lucky enough to find a mentor courageous enough to take me on. I don't really have any questions at this stage but thanks for your offer and thanks for the welcome. Cya around.

Ozmono
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:53 am

Heyah again :P

Probably redundant dropping in here, since I already hit you up in the RolePlay Academy, but I'll swing by anyways, to give you an official greeting, and welcome to RolePlayGateway.

Ozmono wrote:I plan on getting into the thick of it relatively soon and I have been lucky enough to find a mentor courageous enough to take me on.

Trust me when I say you're a breath of fresh air next to some. There's nothing worse than someone who doesn't want to learn. :(

Anyways, it sounds like you're fitting in well and meeting people, so I'ma just greet and run ^^

- Tiko
I've moved on. If anyone stumbles on any of my old roleplays or wants to hit me up for nostalgia sake, feel free to shoot me an e-mail me at RPGTiko@gmail.com or hit me up on http://www.storytellerscircle.com. Good luck RolePlaygateway.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Cult Leader Hordemaster Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ozmono on Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:39 pm

Hi again Tiko. It may be a little redundant thanking you here again but you have helped me a great deal over these past few days. So thanks again.

Ozmono
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!