Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hello! ^_^

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Hello! ^_^

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LastExile on Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:41 pm

As you may or may not be able to tell, I am LastExile. You can call me Last, or Exile, or some people even call me Laste, it doesn't really matter!

I found this place when on a whim I decided to Google "role-playing," because I've always wanted to role-play but I've never had a good outlet aside from some social boards I frequent on GameFAQs. I've only been a part of two separate RP's, both of which were decent ones, but they never lasted very long and hopefully now I can find the time to enjoy a fully-fleshed and well thought out RP. I'm really open to any kind of RP, but I am particularly fond of Sci-Fi, Post-Apocalyptic (Zombie, Fallout, etc.,) and very specific kinds of Fantasy.

Now onto the less-important stuff that are listed in that suggestion thread! :P I don't really have any hobbies besides music, but that's more of a lifestyle for me. I've played Percussion for 8 years, and I'm regarded as one of the best in my area (not to brag or anything, XD) and I've also recently picked up the Eb Alto Sax and have been playing that for about two weeks now. I plan on going into music education as a career, but I have a dream of becoming a renowned composer, but I tend to keep my goals realistic.

I don't think I know anyone who frequents here, although I might and they just haven't told me, or something. Also, I'm apparently supposed to give people who read this cookies. Would you like them delivered by UPS, Fedex, or USPS? :3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LastExile
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Hello! ^_^

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tristan_cross on Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:13 pm

Welcome to RPG, I'm Tristan, as you can tell! if you have any questions about the site anyone will be more then happy to help, also as you can see! This site has rules which are posted Here just make sure you don't break any of them lol! It's great to see a new face here, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I have! Well, if you have any other questions or comments don't hesitate to ask! Chao for now!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tristan_cross
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Group Theory Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:10 pm

Hey there, LastExile! Welcome to RolePlayGateway! There's already a user 'round these parts who's called "Exile" but I don't want to just call you "Last" either. We'll see if we can find a nickname for you. :P

Aa-aanyways, I'm Sato (ViceVersus) and I'm pleased as punch to see you kickin' around our website here! Looks like you've already been greeted by two of our fantastic users. You'll find RPGateway to be one of the largest and most active text-based roleplaying communities out there right now, so the fact that even this soon you're already meeting new faces .. hey! That's gotta be a good sign to someone, right?

A lot of folks wander in from Google, that great beast. Glad to have you poking around!

Ooh .. music, huh? I'm a huge music/band geek so we might have to talk a little bit. Here is something that may interest you, however. At RPGateway we have a whole section of the website roped off, devoted to creative expression that might not reside completely in the written word. Check out the Creative Realm where you can post your original works of Music, Artwork, or Poetry/Prose!

You might like what you find! ;)

Check out those rules that Tristan posted! I'm one of the Global Moderators here, and it's my duty to keep the peace 'round these parts -- not that there'll be any trouble or anything ..

.. Nice to have you here, as I've said like three times already. If you have any questions at all, feel free to field 'em here in this thread, and one of us will get back to you ASAP.

Hope to hear from you soon!

VV

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LastExile on Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:14 pm

I do have one question. Is there any particular way I should organize my posts when making a new topic for the idea for an RP that I currently have? (Holy run-on sentences) I feel hesitant to try because I don't want to end up breaking any rules, official or not, and so I never end up posting anything. Thanks :)

LastExile
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:11 pm

Heh. Well, first of all, make sure you're posting in the right forum! The Interest Check forum is where you want to post your general "hey! I have this idea for a plot .. want to join?" sort of threads. The Roleplayers Wanted forum is where the "hey! Check out this link to my roleplay! I need this specific character filled before my friends and I can continue the story!" if you know what I mean. Basically, an Interest Check (sometimes abbreviated "IC") will always come before a Roleplayers Wanted ("RW") thread.

As for the format itself .. you can do that however you want! Just remember to treat that post as your ad, your chance to pitch your story to a website of rushed, hurried prospective players. Don't just slap down a plea and then leave. Engage your reader, make them feel emotionally connected to any characters or scenarios you're laying out for them to see.

The best Interest Checks are the ones that make the player go -- "WOW! I really need to join that roleplay!" instead of -- "WOW! That GM really needs players!"

:P It's a tough distinction to find, because there really is no magic formula to getting your stuff looked at, and read. So just know that when it comes to the nuts and bolts and bare bones of making a thread in those forums .. there're no rules! Only suggestions.

(:

Best of luck finding players!

VV

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!