Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hello

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Hello

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabalot on Mon May 07, 2012 10:48 pm

I'm new.
Well, here's some random facts so that you can have an idea of who I am:
What do I like to Roleplay?
Just about anything.
What kind of characters do I usually Roleplay?
I'm unpredictable when it comes to who I am. I can be a lovestruck young man, a shy young lady, a brave old hero, an outgoing woman. I can be whatever. I don't generally keep the same characters for different RPs.
How do I prefer to Roleplay?
I like story mode in present tense, but can bend to anything.
What is my style?
I love setting a mood and making miniplots. If I am a kind character, I will try to help some other character in-RP that is shy get to talking. If I'm a mean character, I'll stir up fights.
What kind of people do I hate?
I hate when people try to make the characters too generic. IE, a high school RP where everyone is either a smart but depressed kid or a cheerleader with an IQ of -3. I despise stereotypes in RPs and believe that people should be making their own characters, not getting cookie-cutters. And, of course, the ones that tYp lyk dis bcuz its teh INTERNUT!
What are my personal O-O-C interests?
My favorite song: Cat's in the Cradle (I love Ugly Kid Joe's version the most.)
My favorite band: Ugly Kid Joe
My favorite animal: Frogs, toads, and lizards. If I must be specific, then a poison dart frog.
My favorite color: Blue
My least favorite thing: Melodramatic pre-teens that consider a cell phone removal a 'severe cruelty'.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gabalot
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Hello

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FizzGig on Tue May 08, 2012 9:27 am

Hi Gabalot! Welcome to RoleplayGateway!

It's exciting that you have a wide variety of interests! I'm happy to let you know that we have a wide variety of roleplay styles and genres available for you. Our Interest Check and Roleplayers Wanted forum is a great place to start when searching for new roleplays.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Again, Welcome to Gateway! Looking forward to seeing your work here. :)

~FizzGig
Writing is a socially acceptable form of Multiple-Personality-Disorder--C.S.Lewis

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FizzGig
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: Hello

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TeenyAnn on Wed May 09, 2012 12:17 pm

Hello! Nice to meet you
I'm new too :3
And unfortunately I have no idea who Ugly Kid Joe, but blue is one of my favorite colors.
Things in common! Haha

TeenyAnn
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!