Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Heroes-ish rp? [interest check]

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Heroes-ish rp? [interest check]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dante_Page on Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:25 pm

I'm sorry I missed it the first go around, but I just saw a few episodes of the show Heroes and I like it. I was just wondering if anyone would like to make an rp kind of like it. I don't know all the characters, powers, or plot, but the basic idea I like.
As far as I can tell it's that somehow people get these supwerpowers and they have to save the world. There is a group of people who have been able to create what has made them have super powers and the two sides are against eachother.
Anyway, I'd like to make an rp kinda like this, random new powers and groups of people who can use them, saving the world, all that good stuff.
Anyone interested?
Unseal the hushed casket.
- Cortana
In the end, the older generations always sacrifice themselves for the newer ones, so that the children that make the new generation can have it better than they themselves did.
- a lesson from Naruto

http://apps.facebook.com/naruto_app/invite/?player_id=59217&h=15eba7100b818f061501969591749860 - a link to a naruto game on Facebook, join my clan if you want.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dante_Page
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Heroes-ish rp? [interest check]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby superfan1 on Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:46 pm

sounds like fun, especially with heroes being my favorite show.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

superfan1
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lee on Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:14 am

I'm interested too. If you need help thinking out a plot or something just PM anytime XD

Lee
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dante_Page on Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:40 am

OKay then, at least two, that's good. Well, if you know the plot that helps, because honestly I don't.
I was thinking that there is a group of badguys who try to recruit all the people with powers. One of them has powers like...I think his name was Xyler, or Tyler? I couldn't understand them, and another can sence others who have powers. And from what I understood the government will be brought into it in season 4, trying to round them up and lock them away, so that could play into it as well.
We could start it off where one or two of the bad guys already have theirs but most of the new guys just get their or something...any ideas will help.
Thanks ^_^

Dante_Page
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lee on Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:24 am

Well IMO it get's boring if we just rp the tv-series and that usually only attracts those whom are major fans of the it. we could make our own thing and call it something like "Heroes - New Generation" and make up our own story, plot and characters to make things more interesting for those who aren't that familiar with the tv-series. Anything else would be direct rips and those tend to suck so badly.

Lee
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oddly8Heroic on Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:03 am

I'd be into this. I have this one character I really wanna play as... I agree with the person above me. Like, we could keep the basic idea of "Ordinary people doing extraordinary things" but make up our own plots, and such. We could make references to the original characters, they just wouldn't be as important, you know?

I'm willing to help flesh out a plot.

Oddly8Heroic
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dante_Page on Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:27 pm

Yeah, that's what I mean, we make our own characters and all that, I just meant we use the basic idea of it really. And befire, like I said before I don't know much about the shows real plot anyway.
And as I also said, any ideas are helpful, and anyone can join at this point, though later I would like to set a limit. I can't function well with too many people at once.
OKay, so we'll take an original spin from this then, 'Heroes- Next Gen,' or something along those lines will make a good title. If you've got plot ideas or character ideas go ahead and put them down. We'll collaborate and try to make this thing great.

Dante_Page
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lee on Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:29 am

I'll soak my head and start thinking right away XD

Lee
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dante_Page on Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:23 am

lol, cool. I may have a couple of characters that I'll play. One gives life and heals through touch, the others absorbs and grows stronger through touch. I've got a cpuple of villans too. One of them can sence when a pwerson gets they powers, can track them, and when close enough can tell what they are, the other has lots of psychihc/mental abilitys.

Dante_Page
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby superfan1 on Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:40 pm

Lee wrote:I'll soak my head and start thinking right away XD

me too. :)

superfan1
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dante_Page on Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:19 pm

Okay, so, since no one was mentioned any kinda plot I guess I have to come up with one...okay, so I'm thinking this is either set a few years after the original Heroes, or we're the first gen. No one knows about the others or something. Anyway, so we come across our powers by accident one day, as do the bad guys. At first it's nothing big, then people start showing off...saving people, robbing banks...things like that, and the military steps in, saying they want to kill us, but they actually want to figure out how we work and use our DNA to create an army like us.
What do you think?

Dante_Page
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lee on Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:22 pm

I was working on something like that. I think we should go after being the first gen though. Just to not be a spin-off from the tv-series XD I'm in on this idea XD

Lee
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dante_Page on Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:12 pm

Alright then. Um, I'm not sure exactly what got the whole thing started, I know there was a light when the one guy took a person's powers...anyway, I thought it could be like the night before it happenes we have a strange dream, like we're filled with a light, or bathed in it, something like that.
But I'll get the OOC going anyways and just have a simple CS.

http://www.roleplaygateway.com/heroes-ooc-t28963.html#p810635 -OOC

Dante_Page
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!