Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hey everyone! :D

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Hey everyone! :D

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StrawberryFoxglove on Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:17 pm

Brand new to RolePlayGateway, but not new to roleplaying. I've gm'd online text RPs, but a lot have died out quite quickly (due to site size and the people on the site), so I haven't actually had tons of experience. I love roleplaying, but I'm pretty shy. Chances are I'll lurk around your RPs for a while before joining them -- it's how I roll. I've started my own, just yesterday, here on RPG.com; we'll see how it goes.

Anyways, it's nice to meet everyone and I'm sure this'll be an excellent experience. :D
~*Do not frown, you never know who is falling in love with your smile*~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

StrawberryFoxglove
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Hey everyone! :D

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:53 pm

Welcome to Gateway, StrawberryFoxglove.

Okay, before I can even say anything else...you've got to tell me how that name came about.

Now, it's good to have another experienced writer and GM with us! We're always happy to add new talent and fresh ideas to the site to increase what we feel is already a pretty special community. Lurking is just fine, but don't hesitate to jump right in if you see something that interests you. We're usually a pretty friendly bunch around here.

If there's anything the Staff can do to help, don't hesitate to contact one of us. Thanks again and I'll see you around!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StrawberryFoxglove on Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:53 pm

Hey, thanks a ton for the greeting and the advice. I've found a few that look fantastic, I'm just a lurker by nature I suppose.

Oh, my name isn't really as super interesting as it sounds. A foxglove is a type of flower that its really beautiful, but is known for being quite poisonous. A strawberry foxglove is a nickname for a color variation that is uncommon. It's a deep red color and one of my absolute favorites. I've always thought about leaving it a mystery, but its too easy to Google. :)

StrawberryFoxglove
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:41 pm

Hey there, StrawberryFoxglove! :P Gotta say, I really like the sound of that username, and I'm not sure why. And yes, I will be Googling what a foxglove looks like, after I am done writing up this post.

I know what it's like to have RPs die. ;__; I think everyone does, at some point. It's a prickly uncomfortable feeling at times, for sure. The nice thing about RolePlayGateway is that we're such a massively active community that if you can't find more people to jump on board, you can turn around and find another high-quality story to attach yourself to .. like-minded folks, all in one place. Sort of neat, right?

Ah, how rude of me. I'm Sato (ViceVersus) and I'm pleased as punch to see you dropping by our little (okay, not so little!) website. You've already met Jag, one of our fantastic Global Moderators .. and they keep the peace 'round these parts. If you have any questions at all, just field 'em here, and I'm sure he'll sort you out and get you on your way.

Well, I don't know what else to put here, besides maybe a high-five and all my best wishes for you in the future!

Hope to see you around!

VV

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StrawberryFoxglove on Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:07 pm

Thank you much, Sato. :)

Yeah, especially if you put a lot of time into it. I've noticed how active it is. Within only a few hours I had replies on a RP of my own; pretty exciting compared to many other sites. It's exciting having a lot of like-minded people around and a lot more fun when everyone is involved.

Nice to "meet" you, Sato; I'm happy to be here.

*Highfive* :D

~~StrawberryFoxglove

StrawberryFoxglove
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!