Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hey Everyone :)

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Hey Everyone :)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mk3y2424 on Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:51 pm

Hey everyone. My names Mike. This is my first time ever on a roleplay site, but it is something that has always intrested me and i've wanted to try. I'm an author in progress and am working on my first two books, as well as a major console gamer to the point where most of my friends tell me im "obsessed" with the halo franhise(games, books, ect.) im hoping someone will MABEY show me the ropes a little bit and get me started because i have NO roleplay exprience. a big job, but it would be helpful :).

see you all in the posts

-Mike :)
Swords And Stripes

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

mk3y2424
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Hey Everyone :)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Patcharoo on Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:41 pm

Hey hey!

There's lots of people around who can lend you a hand, especially if you're patient and willing to learn.

If you're looking for help and you stick around for a bit the Roleplay Academy is a good place to look for some help or read.

If you feel confident enough to jump straight into it have a look through Interest Checks and Roleplayers Wanted, where you can find up and coming roleplays, or roleplays that are in need of players.

If you would rather go for a chat Rp over a forum RP, check out The Multiverse and someone there can probably tell you how to get in character, or just give you help in the chat.

If you need any other help, just post in this topic and I'll try to keep an eye out for you around.
Circ wrote:When I first joined RolePlayGateway, it was a place where positive conflict fostered creativity and friendships were formed rather than cliques. Honesty and transparency were valued, new people were incorporated into the community rather than judged based on what style of writing they preferred, and despite the youthfulness and zeal of the population there prevailed a reasonable degree of common sense.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Patcharoo
Legend
Legend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Millionaire Arc Warden Beta Tester Contributor Group Theory Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: Hey Everyone :)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:42 am

Hey-hey, Mike! M'name's Sato, and I'm a Designer around these parts. Welcome to RolePlayGateway!

Patch has set you up with some super helpful links. Definitely give them a look! The only one I'd add to that is one to the RPG Rules. There's a precious few amount to them, really, and at least it'll give you a sense of the standards we hold ourselves to as a community here.

Major console game, huh? My boyfriend is an avid game designer. I'm sure the two of you could trade talking points, while I just sit in the middle feeling very lost.

If you want someone to chat with one-on-one to get more of a sense of roleplaying, just hit me up! I'm almost always online, and would love to get to know you a bit more! Oh, before you'll be able to send PMs, you'll have to amass ten forum posts. Click that link for a bit more clarification.

So that's about enough from me.

Hope to chat with you later!

-VV

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!