Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hey There :3

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Hey There :3

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ScarletteBelle on Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:48 pm

Hello! My name is Scarlette, and I just recently joined RolePlayGateway, in which it told me to introduce myself here. So, I guess I'll dab into who I am and all that! I am fifteen years old, I've been roleplaying for at least four or five years now and I enjoy roleplaying as Males. My favorite theme would have to be either horror or fantasy (I know, they're quite the opposites of each other). I love to write and draw, my older sister taught me both! My favorite show is Supernatural, so I tend to write a lot about what Demons and what not. I think of myself as an interesting person, although I am quite sensitive, and so are most of my OC's.

Meeting others who appreciate Roleplaying as much as I do will be a great experience for me! So, don't be shy to shoot a Hello my way! :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ScarletteBelle
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Hey There :3

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:05 pm

Hey Scarlette,

First off, welcome to RPG! Weā€™re glad you stopped by, and hope it's the kind of place youā€™d be happy to stay awhile. Iā€™m Kiku, one of the Mods and Scholars on the site (something Iā€™ll explain a bit more about later).

But first, about you! Based on your interests, I'm sure you'll fit right in here; fantasy and horror are two of our most popular genres. There will be some links below for good places to get started looking for things if you haven't already. Also consider checking out the creative realm section of the forums; you should feel free to show off some of your art there. We've got some really creative and talented people on the site, and I'm glad you're joining us.

Cheers!

So, the rest of the stuff I have for you here is just really general information that I give out to everyone new. Iā€™m hoping some of it will be useful, but in case itā€™s a little much or perhaps slightly confusing given the mechanics of the site, you should absolutely feel free to ask me additional questions. Iā€™m here to help, and you should always feel comfortable asking any member of staff (those of us with the colored usernames) for assistance. Many of your fellow users are very helpful, too. Generally speaking, those of us with green names are mods, and weā€™re in charge of site maintenance, content regulation, and making sure things run as smoothly as possible. Dark blue names indicate that someone is a scholar, and if you have questions about writing or the minutiae of RP, character creation, or any of that awesome meat-and-potatoes stuff, those are the people to go to. The red names belong to our admins, the people in charge.

Anyway, in case youā€™re looking to jump right in, I advise you to look first at the Interest Checks and Roleplayers Wanted subforums. These are where youā€™ll find people looking to write, and if youā€™re interested in what theyā€™re talking about, donā€™t hesitate to say so!

Please do take a quick look at our Rules; they are few, but important. If you have general questions, chances are good that someoneā€™s asked already, and a lot of the answers can be found either in the Help section, or, sometimes, here in my Questions thread.

I realize thatā€™s a lot of stuff, and this is really a huge site for what it does. I certainly remember being overwhelmed when I first arrived on the site, and there werenā€™t even as many features then as there are now. So please donā€™t think you have to figure it all out on your own if you donā€™t want to. If none of those links get you where you want to go, feel free to ask me right here in this thread, or by shooting me a PM (something you can only do when you have ~10 posts in the forum, by the way). Otherwise, exploring is a great way to learn, if thatā€™s what you prefer.

I hope you enjoy your time on RPG, and Iā€™m glad to have you here.

-Kurokiku
Global Moderator and Scholar
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!