Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

HUNTERS- the mirror to the underworld

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

HUNTERS- the mirror to the underworld

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aslin on Tue May 27, 2008 1:23 pm

The moon lost its place in the night sky as the blanket of darkness descended on the town. The silhouettes of the branches resembled ghostly limbs that seemed to await a prey. Not a single soul could be seen on the streets of London at three in the morning.

His heart beat rose several notches as he stood there shaking. Darkness seemed to twist and swirl all around, slowly enveloping him. "P..please," he stammered, fear mounting in him. "N..no," he whimpered, falling to the ground as his knees went soft. He broke out in cold sweat when there was a movement from beside him. "Have mercy!" He yelled out, closing his eyes. He trembled violently when he heard the eeire laughter that came from the shadows. An awful feeling spread over him, paralysing him from making any moment.

All of a sudden, from the shadows a figure appeared. He stood straight and proud, his features hidden in the darkness. "P...p...please." he laughed a sinister sound, mocking the man who was gripped by terror. "Pathetic," he spat out bending over the trembling figure. "The whole lot of you'll sicken me," he was loosing his patience and his voice was now tinged with hatred. In a quick movement that revealed the strength he possessed, he grabbed the man by the neck and hit him against the wall.

"You are the first mortal to have ever found my Castle you rat!" His voice was now full of rage and violence. "And then my spys tell me you've found the key! WHERE IS IT?" He exploded, strangling the man now.

"I d...don't know." The man gasped, unable to breathe.

"Liar," he whispered into the man's ear. "You know, I haven't had anything to eat all day long," he bent towards the man's face and sniffed at his neck.

"N..No!" Fear was now his companion as his struggled against the strong hold. He knew what was to come and did not want that fate.

"You should have thought of that before you lied," he spat. His teeth grew longer, forming fangs. His eyes glowed a bright red before he bent to the man's neck.

A few minutes later, the man walked out of the dark alleyway, using the sleeves of his black coat to wipe away the dark red liquid on his lips. He smirked before looking up to the skies. "FInd me that key." he bellowed as the darkness shifted about violently, swirling about him before it vanished. And so did he.

There in the alleyway lay the dead body of Charles Jay Benedict, his eyes widened in perpetual fear. And on the right side of his neck, were two tiny holes, the size of fangs.
...........................................................................................................................................

Hey all, this is going to be an RP of Vampires, werewolves and any other creatures of the night...

THE BROTHERHOOD:
Basically, there is a group called the Brotherhood. They have been around since the beginning of time, keeping an eye over evil. They don't do any killing. They simply track the beings of darkness, keeping watch over Dracula and all his creatures.

THE HUNTERS:
Then, there are the Hunters. The Hunters are a group of humans who hunt down these evil beings, vanquishing them from the face of the Earth. Hunters are not part of the Brotherhood. They are individuals who carry out these jobs all on their own. The Brotherhood alerts these Hunters of any creatures and these individuals (for a lack of better words) hunt them down.

DRACULA:
Need I give an explanation?

THE CASTLE:
The location of the Castle of Dracula is unknown but Charles seems to have found the Castle. But Dracula has killed him. However, before he was killed, he wrote a letter to the Brotherhood, leaving a trail of clues to where the castle is. The Hunters have to follow these clues to discover the castle.

THE MIRROR:
The mirror is the main reason for this RP. It is the link between the Underworld and Earth. This mirror is in the Castle of Dracula, kept under close watch. Dracula wants to use it to unleash all evil on to the World. The mirror was created by Lucifer himself.

THE KEY:
No one knows what the key looks like but without it, the mirror cannot be opened. Charles managed to find the key and hid it before he was killed. In the letter that he left with the Brotherhood, he also left a riddle that reveals where the key is hidden.

So, this RP is set in the year, 1723. We'll start out in London but end up in Transylvania. If you've watched the movie "Van Helsing", some ideas will be based off it. But not too much.

If you want to play a Hunter, you just have to post your character sheet here in this format:

Name:
Weapons:
Personality:
History:
...........................................................................................................................................
IC thread: http://www.roleplaygateway.com/hunters-the-mirror-the-underworld-t6379.html
Last edited by Aslin on Thu May 29, 2008 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aslin
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Re: HUNTERS- the mirror to the underworld

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Taran_Winterleaf on Tue May 27, 2008 1:58 pm

I'd like to play!!!

Name: Alexei Vortok

Appearance: Tall and pale with dark sleek hair. He is elegant and has a mysterious air about him. Well dressed and groomed, he has an air of nobility about him.

Weapons: Alexei uses a staff which has a small silver cross attached to the top. He favours not the newer gunpowder weapons and prefers to use his own strength and skill with the staff.

Personality: Alexei is quiet and very cold. Even to those who would call him friend, he keeps his distance. His icy nature is symptomatic of a fierce hatred of humanity and an even greater hatred of the creatures of the night. Alexei's speech is particularly eloquent though he says very little but when it is important.

History: The young Mr Vortok hails from a well-to-do Romanian family who guarded their dark lands from the country's evil creatures. Versed in the dark and light arts from childhood, Alexei's focus rarely wavered from the task at hand. One day however, his father was overcome and possessed by an evil spirit as they endeavoured to exorcise a villager. He and his brothers bore the heavy burden of ending his father's miserable existence. Alexei was so full of hate and rage at the injustice that he could no longer turn a blind eye to the world's wider problem, so he set out for London, in the hope of becoming a hunter and exacting his revenge on the creatures of darkness.

Hope that fits okay with the idea you are trying to create

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Taran_Winterleaf
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aslin on Tue May 27, 2008 2:24 pm

that's a brilliant character profile! Interesting personality. I'll open the IC thread as soon as I'm free so that we can start posting : )

Name: Sarah Griffin

Appearance: Tall and lean, Sarah has almond shaped eyes that are brown in colour. Her hair is a myraid of colours ranging from brown to auburn to gold. She wears a long cotton skirt that splits down the centre revealing a pair of well shaped legs encased in tight pants. She wears bindings around her chest and a brown cloak completes her attire.

Weapons: She has a belt around her waist. It holds her sword and dagger. She also has a waterskin with holy water in it. Two bronze bands are found on her arms, stretching from her wrists to her elbows. Inside, hidden are blades.

Personality: She is silent but commanding. Not one to waste words, she comes directly to the point. Sarah prefers to keep a distance from others as she does not want to get emotionally attached to anyone.

History: Sarah comes from a middle class family in London. Her father was part of the Brotherhood and her entire family was killed because his identity was revealed. Vampires had come for him and killed her parents and three siblings. She witnessed all this when she was only 14 years old. Her mother managed to hide her in a panel behind the wall, keeping her safe. Ever since that day, Sarah has been on the move, working as a Hunter, killing off the creatures of Darkness.
Last edited by Aslin on Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aslin
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby [Ace] on Tue May 27, 2008 3:01 pm

Name: Derikku [No middle, or last name applicable]

Appearance: Derikku wears what seems to be the common soldier attire. The clothes, however, are ragged, torn, and worn to their limit. His shirt, the average undershirt as well, is laced with dirt and grime, though does it's job to conceal his leather fastenings beneath. His hands sport the older leather gloves, trimming at mid forearm; they are worn at all times in all situations under close guard of his own.

Weapons: Derikku openly wears a rapier to his hip, though it carries no wear or scarrs of battle. His true weapon lies on his back; the zanbato, though it is nearly always covered and appears to be simply an attatchment to his luggage.

Personality: Derikku is a rather tenacious individual. He simply must have, what he wants when he wants it; the problem is, he wants everything at one time or another. He is bipolar, and so can turn from a funloving friend to a raging murderer due to simple event.

History: Born in Italy, Derikku travels the world, in search of reasons for his being. He has several clues to his past, though they are not of any true relevence. Of the few things that he does know, his origin is laced with one thing. He is a werewolf. This is due to breeding rather than the attack itself, and allows him to track his family's history much easier, since, it is rather uncommon to the rest of the world. What he does not know, is that he is actually different from even his own kind, entirely. A gene defect caused by the clash between a human mother, and lycan father, disallowed the lycan gene to take properly.

I'd like to play as well, however, this sort of thing disallows my other character, so I'll use this one.

[Ace]
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Superfly on Tue May 27, 2008 3:23 pm

Name: Dr. Damien Smith

Appearance: His skin is a healthy bright colour. His hair is often messy and curls on top of his head, it is usually covered with a large top hat. His eyes are dark, and he wears glasses because of his awful eye-sight. He is 6'1 in size, he wears a grey waistcoat over a white shirt. He wears black trousers and black shoes. He keeps his revolver under his waistcoat along with a silver knife to protect himself.

Weapons: Silver knife, Revolver.

Personality: Dr. Smith is quite pleasant to be with. He tries to be an optimist at all times and thinks himself to be witty. He has a charming personality and can be judgemental to others at times . Although he can be rather paranoid at times.

History: Dr. Smith was born in London and has stayed there since he was a child. He rarely travels and was educated well thanks to his upper-class family and their wealth. He has researched about the Brotherhood and became close personal friends with Charles Jay Benedict and did a lot of research with him. During his life he has encountered 2 vampires.

The first being, a female vampire who seduced him and then attempted to bite him. Luckily for him, his crucifix saved him and the vampire retreated. This caused him to research the vampires and the mysterious brotherhood. His second encounter involved him slaying a Vampire with a large reputation, he shot him twice, but found it wasn't that effective, at a last resort he stuck a wooden spike into his heart, slaying him immediatley.

These events earned Dr. Smith a good reputation, even though they were completly unintended. When he learnt of Benedict's death he couldn't believe it. He vowed to get revenge on what vampire that caused his demise. Once again, he retreated to the library to study his books.

((I Hope this profile is ok, Aslin))

Superfly
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aslin on Tue May 27, 2008 9:53 pm

Thanks for joining! Superfly and Detective D you are both accepted. Your profiles are fine!
Just remember that when we start, you guys are already hunters k?
We'll just wait for 2 more people to join before I start up the IC thread.
Once again thanks for waiting ( :

Aslin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby [Ace] on Tue May 27, 2008 11:22 pm

Indeed. And before we jump into this, what are the Hunter's view on werewolves? They are against vampires, yes, but... :D Just a thought.

[Ace]
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aslin on Tue May 27, 2008 11:34 pm

Okay Hunters kill creatures of the darkness. Werewolves are included. However, we kill evil beings. So, usually we try to avoid killing creatures that are not evil.

Let's say there's a werewolf who's assisting the Brotherhood, we're not going to kill him.

Thanks for bringing that up! But I hope I've answered your question.

Aslin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby [Ace] on Wed May 28, 2008 12:05 am

Hm... I think I'll try to keep that aspect secret... :< It seems for the better to keep that information on the 'DL'.

[Ace]
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aslin on Wed May 28, 2008 12:06 am

I'm sorry D but which aspect are you referring to?

Aslin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby [Ace] on Wed May 28, 2008 12:26 am

Oh, that he is a werewolf. I would like that he try and keep this a secret. It seems like this would be for the better as far as trust goes.

[Ace]
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aslin on Wed May 28, 2008 12:35 am

Sure! That would be an interesting development for your character.

Aslin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Wed May 28, 2008 3:56 am

Hmm I may join this Aslin, if you'll have me. I will have to see what I can create for this. I do enjoy your RPs, but I am stretched a little thin at the moment.
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aslin on Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 am

Of course I'll have you. Hope you have the time to join this : )

We'll start tomorrow guys!

Aslin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Wed May 28, 2008 1:01 pm

The tall, and remarkably compact Italian stood watching the crowds near the Vatican, the neatly cut hair, slicked back, the sharp nose, the dark eyes merely watched the crowds. With a sigh Amerigo turned to stalk the streets of Rome. The long highwayman's coat brushed the cobble stones as Amerigo moved with an easy stride that would carry him to is destination in short order.

The wide, thick leather belt that encircled his lean waist held baubles and items unknown to many people, even in this time of great discovery, the superstitions of the past would hold the world sway with the fear of the unknown, fears of the dark until the brilliant light of science could gain a foothold. With a nod to several ladies and gentleman Amerigo made his way through the darkening streets.

Even now, Amerigo knew that the fight would be carried forth until all traces of the ancient and hoary world of the damned would be erased and the world would reside in safety. Tapping the brass knob atop the heavy oak cane that accompanied him, Amerigo narrowed his dark eyes, the shadows of the night falling across his face, hiding most of it, leaving the lower portion exposed, and in the gloom it was an unnerving effect. The game was afoot and another dark beastie was to fall this night. The items on the heavy leather belt shifted slightly, as if in anticipation, heavy leather gauntlets were pulled tight along the scarred, strong hands. A cruel smile flashed across the angular face.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aslin on Thu May 29, 2008 12:38 pm

Character accepted Skall!

All right guys, here's the link to the IC thread:
http://www.roleplaygateway.com/hunters-the-mirror-the-underworld-t6379.html

You may start posting. Once most of us have made our first post, I'll write one from the BrotherHood, sending you'll a message. So post away!

Looking forward to this! (grinning in excitement ( : )

Aslin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Superfly on Thu May 29, 2008 7:32 pm

Posted. Tell me if its okay, if not I'll edit.

Superfly
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aslin on Fri May 30, 2008 12:45 am

hey superfly, that was a good post but just to check, which town are you in right now?

Aslin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Superfly on Fri May 30, 2008 1:50 am

I wasn't sure what to post, so I left the town vague.

Superfly
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Fri May 30, 2008 1:53 am

Aslin I hope my post was not to forward, I am just preparing to get my character there as fast as possible.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!