Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

hush, hush - anyone interested?

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

hush, hush - anyone interested?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stellabellum on Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:58 pm

I recently read hush, hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. I really loved the idea of the book and I thought it would be fun to recreate it with our own characters.

Is there anyone out there who would like to be included in this? If you haven't read it, below I have posted the wiki link that should explain it. Of course, it would be better if you read the actual thing. I know it's sort of a "chick-flick" kinda book (I'd reccomend this to any girl who needs something to read), but I do believe it also has masculinity to the story.

Of course, just for those of you who like it, there is romance (yummy hehe). The book doesn't go farther than a little touching, so we'd keep it to that level in the roleplay (of course, toned down enough that we don't mess with the rules of the site).

I would be playing the part of the lead girl (in the book's case, Nora, though we'd be using different characters). I'm looking for people who aren't going to jump out because they aren't needed in every post. Then again, I don't mind if it's just one or two other people playing all the roles. There aren't many that are really major.

ATTENTION: BELOW THERE MAY BE SPOILERS FROM THE BOOK, SO IF YOU ARE GOING TO READ IT OR ARE READING IT AS OF CURRENT, I WOULDN'T READ THIS PART. JUST KNOW THAT WE'RE SEARCHING FOR CHARACTERS FROM THE BOOK.
These are the characters and what I'd like the writing to be like, though I'm not going to restrict you if you want to jazz it up a little to help the story:

The lead male (in the book's case, Patch). He is a fallen angel with a dark humour. At first he's very reserved and quiet, but this is just to examine his prey (the lead female). He is a senior at CHS who has no reccords of ever attending any other years of school. He is dark and mysterious, but also has that seductive air to him that all the ladies are drawn to him. When talking to the lead female, they often shoot back disses at each other. During these conversations he implies that he is very strongly sexually attracted to her and will sometimes go as far as even saying it to her face.

(Nora)"You've never been to school, ever? If that's true - and you're right, I don't think it is - what made you decide to come this year?"
"You."
~hush, hush: page 28

This is an example of one of his average comments. He always seems to be grinning and is amused easily by the lead female.

The best friend (in the bookā€™s case, Vee). She is, in short, a rebel. Constantly throughout the story we see her as a bad influence, someone who will talk back to teachers and go party like a drunk. Then again, however, she holds up to her title. She works to keep her bestie in line and will even go as far as acting like complete fools to support her. Sheā€™s the one who knows almost everything about the lead female and is always the one to turn to. Then again, she can also be very goofy. Sheā€™s on a diet where she only eats a specific amount of colored foods a day, though she stresses this limit often (though she isnā€™t categorized as fat, she isnā€™t exactly what youā€™d call a stick figure). She is constantly cracking jokes even if they arenā€™t funny, but knows her limits.

Other minor characters would include:
The murderer (in the bookā€™s case, Jules)
The murdererā€™s best friend (in the bookā€™s case, Elliot)
Patchā€™s insane ex (in the bookā€™s case, Dabria)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hush,_Hush_(book)
http://thebooksmugglers.com/2009/10/boo ... trick.html
If you are interested in this, please reply to this! Iā€™m hoping to start this soon. If you are interested and want more information, feel free to contact me via PM.

Thanks!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Stellabellum
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: hush, hush - anyone interested?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tdog123 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:47 pm

I KNOW IM NEW HERE N STUFF but I'd love to role play hush hush as I just finished the second book :) :)
TLRP

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

tdog123
Member for 13 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tdog123 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:52 pm

I KNOW IM NEW HERE N STUFF but I'd love to role play hush hush as I just finished the second book :) :)

tdog123
Member for 13 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BR0K3N_4EVER on Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:51 am

I too just got done reading this book, and intend on starting the second one very soon, I would be interested in joining this RP if it gets up and going, and am sure I could capture a bit of that Patch flair.

BR0K3N_4EVER
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:40 pm

Hey there, Stellabellum! Thanks for dropping by RolePlayGateway! :D

I know you posted this a while ago, but seeing as it's sort of been brought back to the front of the forum, I should just let you know that I moved your topic from the Roleplayers Wanted section of the forum, to the Interest Check. (: Here's why.

Roleplayers Wanted is a place for GMs to post requests to a roleplay that already exists. There's a link to the RP at the bottom, and in some cases there are character skeletons included seeing as the GM needs specific roles to fill before he or she can start, or continue their story.

Interest Checks are for roleplays that aren't quite there yet. They're still in development, and they don't have a set team of writers attached to them yet. You're still looking for players to sign on. That's where you're at, and what's why I moved this thread.

It's not a big deal! Just something to keep in mind.

Best of luck finding players!

VV

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!