Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hush

Hush

a part of “Hush”, a fictional universe by Designation Kik.

Failed, please close

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Hush”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Hush

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Designation Kik on Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:26 pm

Hush

[[Status: POSTING]]

You've always known that you were different...

For your entire life people have told you that you were odd, that there was something about you that was just kind of off, and you've agreed. Causeless feelings at strange times, shadows flickering out of the corner of your eyes, and every once in a while, you glimpse a man or woman or child who just doesn't seem to belong. When you try to get a closer look, though, there's no one there. You've accepted long ago all that's strange about you, so when a woman approaches you on the street one day and shoves an envelope into your hands (muttering under her breath "Damn, it sure took you long enough.") and hurries away, you're more curious than confused. Although, you may be a bit confused as to why you're only curious and not very confused and why you feel as if you were waiting for her too...

You stow the envelope in your bag until you get home that evening. Alone in your room, you take it out, noticing your full name, middle name, nicknames, and all, scrawled in untidy writing across the front. You open it and pull out the letter inside, typed out on thick, cream-colored paper that feels expensive and read:

Pay attention, because we don't have time for you to doubt, unless you're ready for our world to die.

Our world is under the control of two entities. We call them The One and The Other. The One is behind all creation. Everything that grows, everything that was not that becomes, all birth is of the One. The Other controls all destruction. Everything that grows weak, that decays, that erodes, that was and that falls out of existence, all death is of the Other. I know, the terms "good" and "evil" come to mind, but in the days that follow, it is essential to remember one thing. Good and evil are abstract and undefinable ideas, purely human constructions. The universe will not support unchecked creation, nor will it tolerate rampant destruction. The One needs the Other and the Other needs the One. Morality is Balance. Those who forget are the ones who perish.

The agents of the One and the Other existed before Man, and will most likely exist after as well. They work, silent and invisible to humans, to advance the standing of their masters. Those rare humans who have known them called them the Fey or Faeries. No, I didn't spell it wrong. Wikipedia it some time. They consist of two organizations, The One's Court and The Other's Court, both headed by one faery. For the past few millenia, both Courts have been inactive, maintaining the current status quo.

That's where you come in. We've recieved information indicating that the Other's Court has began plotting something, pushing for complete control. The One's Court is doing nothing in response. That is a problem. If the Other's Court is allowed to move, unrestrained, they will eventually destroy everything, including themselves.

You can change that. You are being told this because you know that it's true. That alone is enough for us to know that you're one of the ones we're looking for. In the envelope, there's a card with an address on it. Take the card. Destroy this letter. Be at that address tomorrow, at 6:30. Everything will be made clear then.

Don't be late. Let's see if you can be on time if your life really does depend on it.

Ciao

Numbly, you take the card from the envelope, numbly because you do believe it. It's as if you've known it all along, just didn't have the words to name it. You examine the address on the card, and are surprised to realize it's the address to your favorite restaurant....

What do you do?

--------

Creatures:

The fey: Faeries are agents of the One and the Other, either of creation or destruction. In the last few millenia, though, there has been a period of peace, of balance. Faeries can come in any form you can imagine, but they do share a few traits:
- Glamour: A glamour is the ability to conceal or alter one's appearance. The glamour, however, can only completely affect a human. Another faery will always at the least recognize the feel of a glamour being worked, if not see completely through it.
- Longevity: Faeries have EXTREMELY long lifespans and so they have children very rarely and age slowly. Childhood lasts for about two hundred years. Adolescence last another eight hundred years. After that point, they are adults and the aging process slows dramatically.

Halflings and Changelings: Everyone who recieves a letter will find that they are actually a halfling or a changeling. A halfling is the child of a human and a faery. They are often noticibly more attractive than other humans, and stronger (rarely get sick or break bones, etc.) and may have strange (but subtle) powers. Changelings are faeries that were switched with human children as babies. They cannot access any faery traits until another faery removes their glamour for them. Their powers are often weak, but may grow with practice.

Roles:

Fey::
The One's Champion: Taken by Designation Kik
The Other's Champion:
Use the Character Sheet for the site but be sure to include:
Power
Appearance

*a very few can be faeries who are not aligned with any court.

Letter Recipients::
Must be either halflings or changelings.

Let the adventure begin. :)
Last edited by Designation Kik on Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Come to the edge,
We can't, we're afraid,
Come to the edge,
We can't, we will fall
Come to the edge,
And they came
And He pushed them
And they flew
--Guillame Appolinaire

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Designation Kik
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Hush

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Designation Kik on Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:28 pm

Aright. For some reason people just arent joining this the way I'd hoped, but that's okay. I'm actually more comfortable with a smaller cast. All characters have been accepted so far. If anyone wants to make another character, the Other's champion, I'll add my last few key characters and we'll have everyone that we actually need. We can start wednesday.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Designation Kik
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soviet Rei on Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:48 pm

If you still need it I can join as the Other's Champion.

Soviet Rei
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely VonSchultz on Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:41 pm

You may have already done this, but if you go to the Roleplayers Wanted forum and make a new thread, you can get a ton of people. If that's still what you want of course. :P

Lovely VonSchultz
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby joeydog on Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:20 am

Is the Halfling WILD CARD still not taken? Does it need to be male or female? I would love to join as that.
BOO!

joeydog
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Candlelight May on Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:22 pm

I'm thinking that I'd love to jump in to this, as well! There are several directions I could take my character, though, so I thought it might be best to just ask and see what you'd like me to play. I could be any of the remaining characters -- halfling, changeling, or Champion. Preferably male, but that's not really even a necessity.

If you have any recommendations or requests, Kik, I'd love to hear them! If not, I'll wait for a bit and just draft a character concept and let you drop me where you think it would fit best. :)

[[ EDIT: I submitted a male changeling character, but I could easily play him as a halfling instead, if you prefer. Either way, I've submitted and I'm ready to go anytime, if you accept! :D ]]

Candlelight May
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Designation Kik on Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:16 pm

I did put an add in the rolplayers wanted forum, but there weren't many results. But I've decided to take all restrictions off of the letter recipients, so you can make as many as you want. I was trying to keep the genders even, but I'm sure there wont be any disasters if they arent lol. So Joeydog, go with whichever kind of character you want.

Soviet Rei: Yea, we still need the Other's Champion, go for it :)

I'm going to give anyone else who wants a chance to jump in and will put in the first post saturday night/sunday morning. Thanks guys!

Designation Kik
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely VonSchultz on Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:23 pm

Woot beans! Can't wait! Btw, where is the restaurant gonna be? Just so I can start an outline for my first post. :D

Lovely VonSchultz
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phyliss on Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:09 pm

Designation Kik,

Hi! It doesn't let me pm for some reason so I will reply to your pm here.

Yup, she can only change the perception so makes the person feel like time is flying by or dragging on. It's basically a mental thing lol.

Phyliss
Member for 14 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Designation Kik on Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:59 pm

The restaurant is going to be in New York, New York and a lot of the action will take place deep in the Finger Lakes National Forest in New York.

Designation Kik
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely VonSchultz on Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:36 pm

Awesome Opposum

Lovely VonSchultz
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby eleniel on Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:12 pm

Well, I just applied. Should you have any problems with my character just pm me and I'll change them a bit to fix whatever it is. She is one of those very few court-less faeries you said could be allowed.

eleniel
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Designation Kik on Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:22 pm

First post up, sorry about my complete lack of scheduling skills lol. Go forth and post!

Designation Kik
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby eleniel on Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:22 pm

Alright lets get started! :D Posted. A question. Do you think that wind travel is overpowered? It can't be held forever and miriel can't attack while in it or interact with anything. Plus she can't go through non-living things for some reason but eh, I am not really sure. I'm not very experienced when it comes to that.

eleniel
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Designation Kik on Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:20 pm

Well, go ahead and try it out, and if it starts to feel kind of Mary Sue-ish we can kind of adjust it. I like it, it's very mystical.

Designation Kik
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Candlelight May on Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:14 am

Ohhh, man. I'm ridiculously excited about this role-play. :D Not even sure why, but I'm definitely having make myself go to bed instead of clicking 'Refresh' every 30 seconds on the off-chance that someone else posted! I'm glad it's under way!

Candlelight May
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby eleniel on Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:07 am

Eh I had pretty much the same problem yesterday, feels like its going to be a good one :D I can't wait until the meeting starts and we might be told a bit more about whats going on as for the storyline.

The trend for young barely adolescent faeries is interesting, I seem to be the only one other then designation over 500. And even then at only around 1500 years miriel is young as well, but an adult at least.

eleniel
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Designation Kik on Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:22 pm

lol, alright, I thought I might be a dork for staying up till midnight staring at the same 4 posts with every bit of excitement I had at 8.

And you know what they say, it's the youth who'll change the world. Although an elder faery would make good contrast. No one's made a character for the Other's Champion. If no one takes the character, they'll just play a more minor role than I thought and I'll create someone.

Designation Kik
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby eleniel on Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:34 pm

Hah, don't worry about that, I stayed up until about one in the morning staring at those posts, I do hope that those who have not posted yet did not forget about this rp though :/ only 4 of the 8 of us have really posted so far.

And true, the young do tend to change the world.

I have a question about the nature of the faerie realm. Is it like some where time moves differently inside it compared to earth, faster? Or are both realms perfectly even in speed.

eleniel
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Designation Kik on Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:14 pm

I had envisioned it moving exactly the same. The only real difference would be the elusive quality of it. In order to find it, you have to be a part of it, or to be invited. But time and all other physical laws are constant.

Designation Kik
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!