Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Quixotic Souls

Ideas

a part of “Quixotic Souls”, a fictional universe by Lamia_Era.

A group of people enter a new world after death. Lacrimosa, as some call it, is anything BUT Hell, Heaven or Limbo. Yet, at the same time, it is. {ONE SPOT OPEN}

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Quixotic Souls”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Ideas

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamia_Era on Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:39 am

Sure, I'm the GM here. I plan things out & whatnot.
However, sometimes, there's better ideas out there.
So, if you've got any ideas to give, go ahead!
:D No matter what they are, I'd be glad to see them ~

Ideas like, but not limited to: adventures, the way
Lacrimosa works, new important characters, new places,
planning out relationships between characters, intertwining
two characters' past
. Things like that.

"Quixotic Souls"
ʜoɴɛɤ ɛɤɛs ∫ tɛɴdɛʀ ʜɛɑʀt

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lamia_Era
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Ideas

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Morpheous on Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:21 pm

Well I think we all need the same place to go to, and a little darker place some of us may see as being better. Also I think we should move up outta the house, its interesting but we could always go back later at one point in time right? I'm afraid of things just settling.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Morpheous
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamia_Era on Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:15 pm

Yeah, I get it.
I was thinking that they could go to
the Records since they're new there,
& it might answer some questions too.

What do you think?

{ E D I T } Also, I was thinking of adding more
places. Just to have more places to go &
give an even bigger picture of Lacrimosa.

If you guys have any ideas for places, don't
be shy! :D
Last edited by Lamia_Era on Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lamia_Era
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Morpheous on Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:30 am

Well what do we pass through to the records so we can have a chance to see the world?

Morpheous
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamia_Era on Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:11 am

That's the question that made me want to
add more places with pictures & such. O:

I already have an idea for one, though.
So, I'll probably add them tomorrow if
I have the chance. If there's any that you
have thought of, don't be afraid to share ~ C:

Lamia_Era
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:29 am

Well, I have one idea for a place, though I can't imagine it being along the way. Just somewhere for later.

The Dive & The Depths
"Underneath it all, this nightlife is always swimming... Just make sure to stay on the bright side of town."

An open fissure in the ground descends into a pit of lights and sounds; take the dive into a world beneath the surface. An enormous mushroom overshadows the town like the canopy of an umbrella, so the underground is always lit with the artificial light of a myriad of stalls, shops, homes and businesses. A quaint and civilised night life, accompanied by a soft jazz atmosphere and bustle of a world that never sleeps; atop the toadstools one could enjoy an endless waltz of drinks, food, gambling and partying amongst the lively citizens… One should never be too careless however, as one wrong slip could send you tumbling into darker depths…

There, a much more sinister realm lurks, with beings that have long forsaken the world of light prowling every crevice; their appearance and mannerism just a shell of their former selves… Despite this however, it is said that within these murky, damp depths, something of great power sleeps…
Roleplayer For Hire.
Will work for free~ Inquiry via PM welcome! Always willing to take on any role so long as it interests me! Protagonists to Villains to Minor Roles - Fantasy to Sci-Fi to High School - Action to Comedy to Romance - Anything goes!

Tanman
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamia_Era on Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:35 am

I like it, but I have a question:
Those that fall into the Depths,
can they go back up?
& what's the great power? O:

Lamia_Era
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:15 pm

Naturally those that fall in can find ways back to the surface, but it's not something that's easy at all for the majority of people, especially considering what lurks beneath. Basically, you wouldn't be able to fall in and just climb out; you'd need to find a tunnel to the surface, or something to that effect.

As for the great power, it's shrouded in mystery, with only the rumour filled words of the townspeople spreading fascinating possibilities. Some say it's simply a massive treasure, while others believe it to be an arcane weapon of immense power. Many like to think it has the power to grant wishes and miracles, and others still imagine one could become a god with it. It could be a being of such incredible power, which falls into servitude to the one who claims it; or it could be a terrible plague that brings death and ruin. Naturally, no one who has been to the depths is known to have returned, and the vast majority of people believe it to be nothing more than a fairytale or hoax, designed to entice the greedy and lead them to their doom... And yet, there is always a grain of truth somewhere amongst a story.

In other words, I don't particular want to railroad into something specific for the power, nor would I want to overstep my boundaries into GM territory, so the power is pretty flexible - Heck, it doesn't even have to exist! XP

Oh, the only thing I forgot to mention is that The Dive is also a common information gathering hub. For the right price, there's always someone who knows something about anything, especially considering a place like the records exists.

Tanman
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamia_Era on Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:25 am

Okiis ~ I like it!
Sounds like a very interesting place & we
need a place with such darkness in the RP.
I like how well thought out it is, but not to
the point of revealing a mystery.

I'd like to add it in as a Place, but could you
do me a favor first? Could you put everything that
you've mentioned into a few paragraphs for me? :D
It doesn't have to be summarized either ~

{ E D I T } I added another place, too. Aventurine City,
or the City of Jewels. It's not really something amazingly
amazing, more like a city with certain twists. That, &
it's the home of The Records. So, if you guys have any ideas to
add onto it to, say, spice it up... go ahead! :D

Also, I'm thinking of adding another city for some of the
water elementalists. :3 & the Woods surrounding a portion
of Aventurine City.

Lamia_Era
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:40 am

Gladly.

The Dive & The Depths
"Underneath it all, this nightlife is always swimming... Just make sure to stay on the bright side of town."

An open fissure in the ground descends into a pit of lights and sounds; take the dive into a world beneath the surface. An enormous mushroom overshadows the town like the canopy of an umbrella, so the underground is always lit with the artificial light of a myriad of stalls, shops, homes and businesses. A quaint and civilised night life, accompanied by a soft jazz atmosphere and bustle of a world that never sleeps; atop the toadstools one could enjoy an endless waltz of drinks, food, gambling and partying amongst the lively citizens… Or alternatively, for the right price, traders and information dealers might help you find what you seek, or perhaps even may spin a yarn for free…

Still, not everything or everyone is wonderful in the world in the pit of the Dive, thieves and low-lives known as Scratches will gladly disobey the rules of the CCC to get what they want before dumping you in The Depths. Not only that, but being an underground city, though the items may be rare or one of a kind, the way they were attained may not have been so magnificent... And you never know who may be after what you attained. As such, you should never be too careless, as one wrong slip could send you tumbling into the abyss…There, a much more sinister realm lurks, with beings that have long forsaken the world of light prowling every crevice; their appearance and mannerism just a shell of their former selves… One cannot climb free of that world of darkness, and though none have been said to return from The Depths beneath, whispers and words tell of possible tunnels or escapes, perhaps even the chance to travel across to the far corners of Lacrimosa faster than ever thought possible… Provided you survive, that is.

Despite this however, it is said that within these murky, damp depths, something of great power sleeps… This great power is shrouded in mystery, with only the rumour filled words of the townspeople spreading fascinating possibilities. Some say it's simply a massive treasure, while others believe it to be an arcane weapon of immense power. Many like to think it has the ability to grant wishes and miracles, and others still imagine one could become a god with it. It could be a being of such incredible power, which falls into servitude to the one who claims it; or it could be a terrible plague that brings death and ruin. Naturally, no one who has been to the depths is known to have returned, and the vast majority of people believe it to be nothing more than a fairytale or hoax, designed to entice the greedy and lead them to their doom... And yet, there is always a grain of truth somewhere amongst a story.

So come, take to The Dive, but never dive to The Depths… Unless you’re feeling game, that is.

The Dives City Code of Conduct (Also known as the CCC, Triple C, or 3C)
1: Everyone is welcome in The Dives
2: Any trouble should be settled between the parties, don’t involve unnecessary others
3: Trades and purchases must be fair and equal, otherwise, see rule 2

Ad Hoc Rule 4, known as the Back C or just ‘The 4th’, used by Scratches to justify their acts (Those unscrupulous people that disobey the CCC):

“All’s fair in the Dive.”

Tanman
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamia_Era on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:22 am

All right ~ Added!
:D Love it ♥

Lamia_Era
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamia_Era on Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:52 pm

Made Eternity Woods &
starting to think up one of the cities/places
that Water Elementalists {Water Elements}
live. > w <

Winged, if you have any ideas you want to run
by me... since you're the only Water Element
here, PM me or reply to this. (: I would love
to read any ideas that you may have ~

Lamia_Era
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby winged1107 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:51 pm

Just a thought (:

Submergia
“Be careful, nothing is what it seems.”

Deep down into the pits of an ocean lives a large, dark city known as Submergia. The main city of water elementalists is not what it always appears to be. The main front is beautiful, clear water decorated with beautiful statues, rare gems and sparkling new buildings but once you enter the place, you see the true nature of it. Dangerous sea creatures such as sharks and stingrays roam the area, looking for fresh meat to get. The city is dark with malicious intentions with the cruel nature of the water elemtentalists, the only lighting comming from the old, yellow powerbeams. Afriad of the dark? You should be here.

Go even further and beware. It's an every man for himself world. Theives and murderers are as common as they can get and fear is quick to come to anyone not used to their cold and calculating nature. The people you are bound to meet either have one of two thoughts in their mind; how to steal from you or how they can make a personal gain from meeting you.

They have many bounties in their village for other elementalists in their town so beware if you're not of their kind. In fact, anyone visiting them who are not of their kind are not welcome. But it doesn't stop others from going.

Can't breathe under water? Not a problem. The entrance is above a cliff on land and on that cliff is a special type of seaweed which enables you to breathe underwater for three hours; no more no less. So be wary of your time and be sure not to get caught from greedy onlookers waiting for a reward.

Caution is a must in these murky depths and be careful, you're in their domain now and tresspassers are strongly unwanted.

Dunno, xD, just an idea. Change what you don't like ;)

winged1107
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamia_Era on Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:26 am

I like your idea :D
But I dunno about making it such a dangerous place.
I think I'll change a few things about it, too.
Thank you for sharing!

Lamia_Era
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamia_Era on Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:30 am

Where is everyone~?
( ̄へ ̄)...

Lamia_Era
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:54 am

Erp, sorry, I'm here. Just hitting a bit of writer's block >_< I'll try to get something up by the end of the night.

Tanman
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!