Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Interest Check for a Stargate Roleplay

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Interest Check for a Stargate Roleplay

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:50 pm

Alright, I'm such a Stargate nerd. Mostly I'm wondering if anyone else would even be moderately inerested in a Stargate roleplay. If, and I mean if I go through with this and create the roleplay, it'd take place in the SGC. Not Atlantis. (I loves me some Stargate SG-1 XD))
Okay, I'll elaborate.

It'd be a small roleplay, with the four or five members of an SG team. If more are interested in roleplaying as the original characters of SG-1, I can go with that. Any other people who are in the roleplay have the option to be the SGC faculty, people we meet off world, or any of the various alien races encountered within the series based off of what I decide the mission will be.

And the mission depends on what races people are willing to be and what races/technologies we're wanting to encounter. If we have people wanting to be Tok'ra, or we wanna shoot some Replicators, I'll have to take that into account. Same goes for Asgard, Goa'uld, Jaffa, Unas, etc. (There were a LOT of races)

__SPOILERS ALERT___

This will probably be generally somewhere within Season 7. While I'm currently on last episode of the 6th season, I will have gotten far into the 7th by the time I get this started, if I get this started. I do know enough to know that Daniel comes back, which also means that Jonas is no longer a part of SG-1. More details about whether or not he's gone back to Kelowna will come later. This also means that we will still have Ol' Doc Fraiser- I love the way Jack puts it. AND We're still under the threat of Anubis.

Now here are my questions:
1)Is anyone interested?
2)Do we want to be SG-1 or another SG unit?
3)What races would you like to encounter and/or have player characters of?
4)Are there any preferences as to where in the SG-1 timeline this will take place, or is Season 7 good?

Please give me your input, It'll make the roleplay better if I so choose to make one! Thank you!
While the Darkness is powerful and versatile, only the LIGHT has the power to give peace. While the Darkness numbs the pain, only the LIGHT can completely heal that pain. And while the Darkness makes the bad in the world seem less, bad it is only lessened because it immerses you in that badness, making you tolerant. The LIGHT may make obvious the bad, but with that comes truth and sight.

I've not been online in awhile, but if you miss me and wanna contact me, message me on tumblr~
yuusha-no-kibou.tumblr

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Interest Check for a Stargate Roleplay

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:08 pm

I'm more than just interested in this potential RP, you can count on me for a writer if you decide to go through with it. I would prefer a team of original characters rather than picking up the canon SG-1 team, I think it would free us up a bit more to work with a storyline and plot of our own.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:57 pm

Well then I'll count you in and take your opinion under advisement. I still have to wait for other opinions, but it's nice to know someone other than me is nerdy enough to say they're 'more than just interested' in a Stargate roleplay. 'Welcome aboard'

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Virginian on Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:53 pm

I am in agreement with justcallmejag but I suggest making it take place after the two direct to DVD/Blu-ray movies instead of season 7.

The Virginian
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:05 pm

I'm just trying to put it in a place where I know what's going on, seeing as I'll be the Storyteller. I just don't wanna get anything wrong. Heck, I don't even know what these two movies are called, let alone what they're about-other than the Stargate program. I may be willing to look into it some to find out what happens, but that would mean I would ruin the rest of the series for myself. I don't know if I'm willing to do that.

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Virginian on Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:39 pm

I can think of at least a couple of ways that we can set it post season 10 & movies and not spoil the rest of the series for you.

Both of my ideas would demand that no one be allowed to play characters from the show/movies.

Though with my ideas certain elements such as one particular group I think we could use may be a little spoilery but at most it may reveal just the tiniest bit about the last season.

Though if you set in seaosn 7 timeline and we are allowed to go our own way with it and not have to follow the show's timeline to the letter that would be good, but if we have to follow the show's timeline then I don't see the point.

The Virginian
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:39 pm

I honestly wouldn't be too concerned with following a canon storyline. We need to find a place in the canon to start and then branch off on our own story from there. Otherwise we are just shackled to events that already take place.

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:00 pm

Well, Virginian, each season lasts about a year, so there's plenty of time unaccounted for, with which we can do what we wish. I'd love to hear your non-spoiler ideas, too, if you'd PM them to me.

And Meg, I'm just trying to find some place to use as a reference point, for technologies we have acquired and current alliances.

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Virginian on Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:15 pm

There is one ally that is pretty much unavoidable in a season 8 and beyond Stargate RP that would be a major spoiler (at least I would consider it to be a major spoiler), I forgot about that ally coming in during season 8. So uh never mind.

The Virginian
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:28 pm

Ah, I see. ((By the way, I've seen a few episodes in season 7, seeing as my parents have been a season ahead of me for awhile. This includes it's final episode, so I know how Anubis goes. But I'm really trying not to watcfh when they do! X/ ))

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Virginian on Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:13 am

I am no longer playing RPGs for the foreseeable future.

The Virginian
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:33 am

Seems that knocks the interest back down to just to the two of us. Any luck finding other recruits for the RP? I would normally suggest just throwing an OOC/Sign-up thread for the game, but with this being such a specific canon it might be better to have some writer commitments before you make that jump.

Jag
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:42 pm

Indeed. But if it turns out you and I are the only ones with interest in this topic, there is always the option of a one-on-one. So, I'll wait a bit longer to see if I get any more hits, but I'll keep the one-on-one option open. If not, I'll watch more stargate and get more specifics on the roleplay and check again.

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:34 am

We haven't heard anything from other players in a while so I'm thinking that this might be a dead topic. Sorry, but I'm not looking for anything one-on-one at the moment. Maybe we can try to launch this again in a few weeks and see if there is more interest that you found this time around. Take care.

Jag
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fogindoor on Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:43 pm

Definitely, More than just interested. I'm so ready for this. Like past ready. Seriously

fogindoor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sami on Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:21 am

Yeah I'm most definately interested in crating a SG RP.

My preference wold be original characters and as for the time, I'm fairly 'fluent' from the movie all the way up to Continuum. Seasons one to ten. So Uber nerd here..

That makes 4, shall we roll?

Bad Guys - I'd love to see Replicators for the sheer amount of Shoot to kill, bit of action that means alot of ammo to be used aswell as senceless violence without the blood.
- Jaffa & Goa'uld required really for a fluid story.
- Unas, sure I'd say lets see them again, be it the savage and crazy ones or abit of the tamed Chaka tribe.

If originals I'd like to see more of the input of the countries other than Russia who have been told of the program, thats for certain. [ A french trooper shouting Sacré Blúr! ]

Sami
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MGSSolidusSnake on Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:16 am

Very interested, although I only watched it to season 5 i think lol.

MGSSolidusSnake
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:27 pm

Awesome guys. Thanks for your input. I recently actually finished season Seven, and I think I'm gonna try to finish the rest of SG-1 before creating this rp. Keep putting your input so I can make up a better plot. Plus, It's prolly gonna be the original characters, seeing as you guys all want it. I might have to come up with a reason for Jack to be in the rp more. I'll miss his witty banter too much otherwise.

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sami on Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:44 pm

*Coughs* General O'Neil. *Coughs*

Just have canons as NPCs and us lot as an original team? Should everyoen want to be a team that is.
Last edited by Sami on Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sami
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:47 pm

I know. Just watched that episode. Did anyone else notice what Daniel was holding during the conversation SG-1 had about the pros and cons of Jack becoming a General? I swear he was holding an Anubis action figure!

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!