Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Iron Cross Breeding Program - Info, OOC, and Recruiting

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Iron Cross Breeding Program - Info, OOC, and Recruiting

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Schreiber on Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:30 pm

The Iron Cross Breeding Program

[an alternate history role-playing]

December 1945. The war has finally ended, the Third Reich has finally lost its loosening grip on the whole of Europe, and the world is starting to reorganize itself and gain its footing after six years of war. The atrocities committed during the Third Reich have finally become uncovered and sending shockwaves throughout the world. One thing no one learned about, however, was the first creation of super soldiers through the Iron Cross Breeding Program (the ICBP for short): human soldiers fused with animals in hopes that the human side would attain the positive aspects of the more animal side of themselves.

Just now, the failed soldiers of the ICBP are trying to find their place in the world. Disillusioned and mistrustful of “natural” humans, they feel that the only people they can turn to are those who have been through the ICBP. So, as the world is recovering from the Second World War, they’re skulking in the shadows and dark corners of the world, hoping to find the remaining soldiers of the Iron Cross Breeding Program.

Rules

1. Obviously, no godmoding. Follow the Role Playing Creed.
2. Literacy is A MUST. Cannot stress that enough. A few typos here and there, but please (I beg of you): no txttalk, no l33t-sp33k, etc.
3. Be respectful to one another (this should be a given ;).)
4. Take the time to read other’s posts and don’t ignore the posts of others.
5. Keep it PG-13 with the violence/language/gore/etc. Don’t go too far. Of course, death is allowed. No killing other characters without the consent of the character’s creator, ‘cause that’s just mean. ;)
6. You can have three characters.

(‘Cause I know you’re wondering this…)

What exactly are the results of the Iron Cross Breeding Program?
Basically, one took a perfectly healthy soldier and a perfectly healthy animal and combined them together in hopes that the person would pick up the “good” aspects (such as strength, loyalty, endurance, etc.) and none of the “bad” aspects. Not all of these ICBP creations were deemed successful; in fact, only about a quarter of them were genuinely successful. The remaining three-quarters of the experimentations were abused because they didn’t meet some or all of the requirements. Because of this abuse, many of them are misanthropic and quick to mistrust humans.

Of course, we need ex-experimenters (i.e., scientists), “abused” experiments, humans and “successful” experiments to make this RP work.

Interested? Sign up. :3

Sample Character Profile
Name:
Prominant Nationality: (you can just list "German", "Russian", or get in depth if you want to)
Height:
Weight:
Selected Animal: (obviously nothing mythological)
Physical Description: (can use pics if you want)
Personality:
Brief Background:

(You can get more in depth; this is just a sample of course. ^^)
Last edited by Schreiber on Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Schreiber
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Iron Cross Breeding Program - Info, OOC, and Recruiting

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:07 pm

Name: Derick Frenzr
Prominent Nationality: German
Height: 6ft 2in
Weight: 200
Selected Animal: Peregrine Falcon
Physical Description: Derick used to be the essence of a pure Arian. He was tall, well muscled, flashing blue eyes, and deep golden hair. The ICBP experiment ruined him. He was left with blond hair streaked with gray, black, and brown, his eyes turned a murky brown, his finger were left in an almost talon like form, his nose much like a falcon's beak.
Personality: Derick used to be kind and out going, the experiment changed him drastically. He is now on the verge of mental collapse he trusts no one but his own kind, he is constantly shifting about watching for enemies, he tries to be kind as much as he can, but has developed an evil alter-ego that often takes over.
Brief Background: Derick was one of the tope Luftwaffe pilots. He was just about to become an ace, when he was pulled aside for the ICBP. The whole time the procedures were going on he was told nothing, just that he was being tested for a statistical comparison between the pilots and an average human. When the procedures were over Derick was left scarred and slightly mutated. He had been morphed with a Peregrine falcon in the hopes that it would make his reflexes faster, his eyesight better, and be able to withstand more g's in a steep dive or turn. Derick was granted better eyesight, and faster reflexes, but he paid with his good looks. Derick was shunted back into the public where he immediately found no one would accept him, so he ran off into the alps where he lives in complete solitude only appearing now and then for food, or necessities. He has been growing closer and closer to insanity and is very close to the breaking point. He trusts no one.
Image Image Image Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Drako11
Member for 17 years

I guess I'll join. ^^
Afanasiy Borislav

Height: 6’1’’

Wight: 176 lbs.

Hair Color: Brown

Eye Color: Blue

Nationality: Russian

Personality: Sometimes quiet, friendly, gets angered quickly by those who insult Russia

Background: Born and raised in Stalingrad. He had three older brother and two younger sisters. His father was a welder, while his mother stayed at home with their nanny, Alla. He enjoyed staying in his bedroom that he shared with one of his brothers and pretended to be a wolf. However, Alla and his mother would make him go outside, where he was bullied and often attacked by the other boys and often come home bloodied and bruised. His oldest brother, Vladimir, explained that because he was thinner than the other boys, he was an easy target for them. When it came time for him and his younger sister Alisa to go to school, Afanasiy refused, fearing that the boys would attack him and didn’t learn to read or write until he was eleven.
When the war began, Afanasiy and his brothers were drafted and were ordered to defend their hometown. During the battle, Afanasiy’s brothers were all killed. Afanasiy was almost killed four times by bullets and explosions, once being trapped under some rubble of a building with a fellow Russian soldier. Near the end, a chunk of shrapnel struck him in the left eye, leaving him partially blind in that eye. As soon as the battle was over, Afanasiy was sent off with the other soldiers to go give aid to the comrades on the Russian front. Although Germans killed his brothers, he wasn’t able to kill any without freaking out.
After the war was over, Afanasiy didn’t want to go back to Stalingrad. Instead, he went to go live in Moscow, but didn’t have enough money to get even a small apartment, and soon found himself living in the streets. A few days after the war ended, Afanasiy developed a major case of PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder), and has been unable to get a good night’s sleep or even go through a single day without breaking down in tears or hearing and seeing things that aren’t there.

EDIT: Had to change some things. ^^
Last edited by Shade the Avenger on Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Shade the Avenger
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Schreiber on Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:46 pm

Name: Vitaliy Ryzkhov
Prominent Nationality: Russian
Height: 5’7’’
Weight: 276 lbs.
Selected Animal: American Staffordshire pit-bull terrier (chosen for strength, endurance, tenacity, loyalty and fearlessness)
Physical Description: Vitaliy may only stand at five-foot-seven, but he still manages to make himself look imposing. He’s well-built – muscular, yet not grotesquely muscular so as to become slow and cumbersome. Yet all of his makeshift weight-lifting and self-training can’t get rid of his pudgy gut, a fact that he’s still not proud of. The rest of his physical appearance more than make up for it – his arms and body are covered in scars, his nose and fingers aren’t completely as straight as they were in the past, his arrogant smirk (or furious grimace, as the case is more likely to be) is missing quite a few teeth, and his dark blue eyes are ringed with dark bruises more often than not. His black hair is untamable, sticking out backwards in front and just plain sticking up in the back-of-the-head cowlick. His dress is casual but fitting for someone who looks like a common street thug – black pants, black shirt (tight-fitting and cut off at the shoulder to showcase his muscles), and heavy black boots.
Personality: Vitaliy’s personality matches his thuggish appearance – gruff, somewhat cut off from the rest of the world, goes from cool arrogance to fits of inhuman rage in the space of a minute. He is temperamental and it’s not often that he gets along with someone. If – on the rare occasion he finds that he likes you – he will play the occasional guard dog role. Of course, he’ll never admit to consciously protecting you… he does have a thug image to keep up, after all.
Brief Background: Born in a small Russian town, Vitaliy started his first fistfight when he was seven years old. He was the victor of the match, and this seemed to give him a self-righteous view of himself and his fighting abilities. This was most likely the reason he joined the war. He was expecting to fight alongside his comrades until the end (or at least until he was shot), and he certainly wasn’t expecting to be captured as a POW and put through the Iron Cross Breeding Program. He could’ve been considered a success if his temperament had evened out by the end of the first six months; because of his volatile temper, he had been labeled a failed experiment and merely left to die a slow death. Maybe it was good that Dolf committed suicide; the Reich soon killed itself afterwards and made his escape easier. Now he’s wandering around Europe and Russia, fighting other people for extra money.
Last edited by Schreiber on Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Schreiber
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby let_it_die on Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:33 pm

is there a age limit?
Nerdfighters don't have blood, pure awesomeness is what flows through their veins!
DFTBA
Team Edward ELRIC, because the only men that should sparkle are men with automail!
Human Transmutation Directions: Put hands on transmutation circle, concentrate, if you've reached the gate you have gone to far!

let_it_die
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Schreiber on Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:38 am

let_it_die wrote:is there a age limit?

No age limit. Be as old or as young as you like. ^^

Schreiber
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PanzerJedi on Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:08 pm

About what year are we talking about? Is this right after the war or a few years later?
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

PanzerJedi
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Schreiber on Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:11 pm

LDSJediMaster wrote:About what year are we talking about? Is this right after the war or a few years later?

Right after the war. December 1945 is when the RP actually starts.

Schreiber
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:08 am

Meh...I am not going to be able to participate in the RP. :( I am uber busy these days, just got a job, school, acting, farm. I don't have any time for another RP. Sorry. I might jump in later on if I get more time. :D

Drako11
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stitches on Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:23 am

Just wanted to say that this RPG looks awesome. It is very unique and I would very much like to be part of the movement. ^^.. I will try and post my character profile up later tonight.I have been swamped with work just recently, so I just wanted to let you know that I am infact interested in participating and I will get my information up as soon as I can.

Stitches
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Schreiber on Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:33 pm

@ Drako11: That's alright. ^^ I understand completely, though it'd be great if you could RP with Herr Frenzr sometime. ;)

@ Stitches: Sweet! Another player! ^^ Can't wait to see what kind of character you create!

Schreiber
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stitches on Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:24 pm

I want my character to be awesome, I have some ideas, but am not 100% on everything. It may be tomorrow afternoon before I get the profile finished. Is that okay? It's just I really don't want to give you a half-arsed attempt at a bio. I'd rather sit down with a cup of tea tomorrow and produce something of a high standard. I don't want to stall the RPG though, so if you would like anything up sooner just tell me. ^^.. And I'll try and sort things out ASAP.

Stitches
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Schreiber on Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:06 pm

Take as long as you need to. ^^ Make an awesome character. Right now it's just Vitaliy and Afanasiy in the bar. ^^

Schreiber
Member for 16 years

Any character you make'll be awesome, Stitches! =D

Shade the Avenger
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stitches on Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:45 am

'Ay. ^^.. Tell me if you need anything changed, or there is something in my character's profile which doesn't quite fit. If you approve this I shall make my first post later tonight. I look forward to RP'ing with the both of you!

Name: Tatyana Mcpherson. [Tanya].
Prominant Nationality: Tanya is a Mongrel, of sorts. Her mother originated from Russia whereas her father from Scotland. She was born and raised in the highlands. But, after her father's untimely death her mother fled back to Russia, taking Tanya with her.
Height: 5'5''.
Weight: 140 lbs.
Selected Animal: British wildcat. [Lynx].

Physical Description: Tanya stands just short of average height for a young woman of her age. Her eyes are a dirty grey colouring with a slight tint of green around the centre. Her long, flowing hair is a dark auburn colour. Despite originating from a colder climate, her skin colour is not a pale white. Slim and slender with nicely toned features, Tanya would most certainly be a catch if it were not for her off-putting, highly erratic behavior. She usually wears scruffy, unkept clothing.

Personality: Tanya tires during the day, finding it easier to live a nocturnal life. Fortunately for the young woman she has inherited many of an animal's better traits; she is intelligent, fearless, resourceful, patient and agile. However, she is prone to wild, temperamental behavior.

Brief Background: Tatyana's father (Angus Mcpherson) was an extremely competent British scientist. His father (Robert Mcpherson) had been an extraordinarily wealthy man. Of course, Angus was the heir to the Mcpherson fortune and used the magority of the money to finance his scientific curiosities, setting up intelligence communications with nations from around the world. However, many superstitious residents of the small community where he resided in Scotland believed his work to be unorthodox and inhuman. Being extremely proud of his handywork, Angus would often speak of "Super Soldiers" and "Gene Splicing". Living in a small town in the far north of Scotland it was a task finding anybody who appreciated his work. Word spread far and wide of the scientist and the Russian's made no haste to deport a spy in the form of a breath-takingly beautiful woman with the nickname of "Anya". However, this plan back-fired when Angus and Anya fell head over heels in love. When he made the woman (Anzhela Chichelnitsky) his wife just short of a year after they had met, the couple became highly reclused. Many residents of the town wondered what was going on in within the four walls of the Mcpherson house. The reality of the situation would result in the murder of Angus.

In the privacy of their own home the pair brought up their first and only child, Tatyana Mcpherson. However, the unknowing and defenceless baby girl was brought into the world with one purpose and one purpose alone; she was to be used as a test subject for Angus' research. From the sanctuary of the family home he experimented on his first and only child. If the results had of been positive, Angus would ship his findings over-seas contributing to an unethical project. News of what was really happening in the Mcpherson household left the community in a state of shock and bewilderment. The locals decided to put an end to Angus' work with the intention of eliminating all three members of the family. Angus was murdered shortly after the discovery, but Anya managed to escape with the lives of both herself and her young daughter. She promptly fled to her birth country.

For many years Anya hid herself and her daughter under the roof belonging to distant members of her family. But, Tatyana's behavior rapidly began to change. For a long while the experiments had proved to be unsuccessful, but now she was showing sure signs that they had created changes. Though it shortly became apparent that these changes would perhaps not be for the better. At the age of nineteen Tatyana decided it was time to find her own way in the cruel world. Feeling like a mutant, she would never forgive her parents for the torture they had subjected her to. She now roams far and wide in search of other people like her.

Stitches
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Schreiber on Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:01 pm

Tanya sounds like a great character! Admittedly, I did a little "OO;;" when I saw the profile; I really should do long profiles and back stories for my RP characters. xD But it looks great nonetheless. ^^ I can't wait until we meet Tanya!

Schreiber
Member for 16 years

Geez that's long. XP

Anyhoo, I can't wait for Tanya's introduction! =D She sounds like a great character!

Shade the Avenger
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stitches on Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:25 pm

haha. Sorry, Shade. We posted at the same time. ":P".. I wasn't ignoring you, I just read that you had woken up AFTER I posted. Lol. Changing my post to suit yours now.

Stitches
Member for 18 years

It's okay, don't worry! ^^

Shade the Avenger
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stitches on Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:32 pm

There we go..! Sorry again. ^^;.. It will be interesting to see Afanasiy's reaction when he wakes up in a strange place!

Stitches
Member for 18 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!