Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Island of Doctor Moreau

Island of Doctor Moreau

a part of “Island of Doctor Moreau”, a fictional universe by Aramay.

He first tested to see if he could turn animals into humans. But they only regressed. How he's trying a new experiment. What will happen when he tests that same process on people?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Island of Doctor Moreau”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Island of Doctor Moreau

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:49 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Island of Doctor Moreau"

ALL IMPORTANT PLOT UPDATES AND CHANGES WILL BE POSTED IN THIS AREA. BE SURE TO CHECK HERE REGULARLY TO HELP AVOID MISCOMMUNICATION.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aramay
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Island of Doctor Moreau

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:16 am

Okay. I still have a lot of setting up to do but I promise that the stage will be set soon. If we can have a good 4 or 5 subjects to start off with(but its not absolutely necessary) then its as good as any of a time to get started. Not including my character we are already about half way there. One character is already going under revision but looks close to being approved once minor details are addressed.

OFFICIAL UPDATES:

~At some point I forgot to mention that when your character ends up becoming the species they are assigned it is a PERMANENT STATE which cannot be reversed. I know people might be used to the idea that they can change back and forth due to other RP's but in this one the condition is more PERMANENT. We want our characters to grow and the only way to do that is through experiences that leave a permanent mark on them. This happens to be the case not only mentally but physically. People are much more accepting of becoming a bird if they know they can change back. But when they realize that those growing pin feathers and beak with no way of getting rid of them...Who knows how its going to affect them in the long run. A reminder to those joining. These won't be 'cute' or 'cuddly' changes though it doesn't mean that there won't be humorous ones along the way. You'll know what I mean once things get going. >:)

~You will know when the RP starts officially via the first post that I make within the thread of the FACILITY stating where everyone is and what will be waiting for them when they wake up. The subjects will be free to roam the parts of the facility that are open to them which are the ground and second floors as well as the beach/docks and most of the rest of the island that they can reach by foot. No subject will be able to go to floors 3, 4 or below as the elevator requires a key to access them. Food is provided for them but they are free to go and try catching/gathering/growing their own food as they for the most part have free reign. I will go into more detail about this in the opening post.

~So far we have two characters approved. If you know of anyone who would like this sort of RP and/or would like to learn how to create more balanced characters and/or improve their writing then feel free to share this with them. I come from an old school RP mentality where the more experienced should not only be open to, but happy teach both the equally and not so experienced writer tips on story and character building. The only ways to really get on my bad side is to ignore fixing mistakes that are politely pointed out and causing unnecessary conflict with the other writers. Even then I will give you ample warning before deleting your character. So you would have to try pretty hard to make that happen.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aramay
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:56 am

UPDATE: DAY 1

Forums are officially open for posting. All subjects start at the facility. Whether waking up or already walking around, please start in the Facility area so that the characters have chances to interact with each other. Please read the descriptions ALL THE WAY THROUGH before posting. Be kind, courteous and most of all, keep an open mind.

I still haven't decided how much time a real day will equate to how much time is passing in the story but in exactly one month (in story time, not real time) all subjects who wake up today and tomorrow will go through their second serum treatment and first change. Taking on hints of traits as to what they will become.

Aramay
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:37 pm

Update 2: The Re-launch

I'm sure those of you who read this already know why I'm posting this, but for any newcomers. After an unplanned hiatus I've decided to re-launch IoDM. We are NOT starting from scratch. I see no reason to since not too much has happened that we don't remember what's going on. Tonight I will post an "all encompassing" post that will help "reset" everyone's location. Luckily before the hiatus I had already planned to do this to get everyone back into one place and then continue the story from there. If anyone needs briefing on what's happened thus far. No worries I am posting a recap in a second. And, if I miss any details or get them wrong, don't be afraid to point them out. :)

STORY THUS FAR:

Keeping it short. A group of patients have woken up and after some debate they left the facility for the first time to explore their new surroundings. They only have a rough idea about where they are and what is going on. Some were drawn to the beach by the sound of a large bell to find that a boat with promising goodies has beached itself on one of the island's shores. Some managed to salvage from the boat before the incoming tide dragged the wreck back out to sea. Tensions were high as people are still deciding who to trust or who to worry about keeping their valuables from.

A fight broke out between Tex and the mysterious figure that watched the others from a distance. More accurately. Tex hunted "her" down while she tried to make a break for the treeline. Losing some of the salvage from a torn bag and almost her life after sustaining serious injuries during the fight. Before Tex could finish her off, or Tauras could collect the wanted fugitive, Alex made a surprise attack. After a long battle with anyone who dared to get near the bag or the bundle of rags in question he managed to slip away with both. Not without sustaining a few injuries himself.

While others are more concerned with hiding their stolen goods the security of the Facility swoop in and wrangle up anyone they see to get back control of the situation. Any goods that weren't hidden, or hidden well enough are confiscated. While the subjects themselves are tranquilized and put back in their respective rooms. The doors are still left unlocks and they can still go outside. They just happen to feel a second sore spot on the back of their arm.

Aramay
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conductor on Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:35 pm

I'm still active! I just wanted to let you guys know that I am waiting for Aramay to post before I post again. I wouldn't want to interrupt any dialogue she had planned by just exiting the building with the others. :)
[center]ImageImageImage

Conductor
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:33 am

I promise to post as soon as I wake up in the morning. Had to write a script and make sure I wasn't behind on assignments. By the time I finished it was, well, around 2 a.m. hah. And I don't want to half ass a post. Oh, plus I wanted to wait on Castiel, but if I wait much longer I know that the RP will most likely stall out. Please stand by.

And if there are any plot ideas anyone wants to contribute, please post them here. I have plenty for further on down the road but not that many for the near immediate future.

Aramay
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conductor on Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:36 pm

@Aramay Hey, Hi, Hello! I just wanted to let you know that I am going to be moderately busy these next couple of days, so if I don't respond to any posts right away, it's not because I have dropped out or anything like that, it's just that I might not be around. Thank you for your time.

Conductor
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!