Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Junkpunk: The Character RP OOC

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Junkpunk: The Character RP OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skogul on Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:59 am

(It's come to our attention that it seems to intimidate and confuse people if we smoosh the character and nation RP info together into one thread, so we'll keep them separate for ease of understanding and reference.)

Be sure to check out the #Junkpunk chatroom: http://java.surrealchat.net/chat/Junkpunk (Or connect with your favorite IRC client: irc.surrealchat.net:6667 #Junkpunk) for live discussion about the project and the particulars involved.

Welcome to JunkPunk, an original, multi-layered RP universe/setting incorporating Steampunk/Dieselpunk/Atomicpunk within both a strategic and tactical Military Role Play aspect and a character driven one. For info on the nation RP aspect, go here.

Application is open to all, and we welcome both fan-based and original characters into the RP. No approval necessary; it's automatic! Submitting a profile is basically just an act of player courtesy, to better give others an idea of what your character is all about. It is not required.

All RP threads are to take place within the IC forum until further notice, with the “Junk Punk” tag attached to them to denote the setting. An example would be: [Junkpunk] A city street (All Welcome) or something similar.

Here's the first Junkpunk RP thread: hub-south-barochai-bazaar-all-welcome-t9366.html

The Character RP (also called GRP or General Roleplay) layer is assumed take place within the neutral nation of “The Hub”, although it can take place anywhere within the setting if specified. The Character RP is free-form. The stats are simply a reference to give other players an idea of what your character's basic strengths and weaknesses are. It also prevents people from playing "Mary Sues" who are good at everything with no realistic flaws or shortcomings.

Note as of 8/11/08: Any new character profiles should be posted in the profile section with the tag [Junkpunk] or [Multiverse] (not required, but a nice courtesy) and players should leave a note here about joining with a link to their relevant profiles.

Setting
Maps: Geographical - Political

Junkpunk's setting is completely original; an anachronistic combination of steampunk (info - More - And more - Think of Jules Verne and HG Wells' work) and dieselpunk (info - More - And more - Think Indiana Jones or King Kong) cultural and aesthetic sensibilities and technologies. Technology is equivalent to approximately modern day but, these things often take a somewhat more clockwork-to-30's-esque form than what we're used to seeing in our time (such as steam/diesel/aether-powered walkers and zeppelin-like airships and computers or cellphones with cases made of wood and/or brass). There are no nuclear arms and space-faring vehicles and apparatuses are not present due to the tendency to create imbalance they bring.

The world itself is similar to earth in terms of climates and geographical features, although the landmass is more like a Pangea-esque supercontinent than large, separate ones. This supercontinent is surrounded by a vast ocean and various territories of land are controlled and fought over by various player-controlled nations and sovreignities with their own original and unique cultures and identities.

The primary focus of the RP in Junkpunk revolves within and around an area known affectionately as “The Hub”, which is a neutral country toward the “center” of the continent (see political map) that serves as a center for trading and mingling for all sorts of individuals and groups, both law-abiding and otherwise. As it is politically neutral, all powers within the world of Junkpunk often tend to establish embassies and military installations within the borders of the Hub to tap into the rich and diverse array of material resources, information and people found there, to either further their own agendas or to get hints on those of their competitors while keeping the actual physical engagements with one another relegated to skirmishes outside of the neutral territory itself, with some exceptions.

As such, the Hub provides a ripe land of opportunity for both honest worker and scoundel alike; many leaving their homelands to come seeking employment and riches, or simply to trade in the black market for contraband and hard to find equipment for whatever nefarious purpose they have in mind.

Note: Any character of any species/race is allowed. So long as their technology fits into the setting of Junkpunk, there are no restrictions on what character you play. You do not need to make a special character for Junkpunk; using existing characters from other RPs is fine, even if their profiles have certain aspects that do not "make sense", just work around it in the RP itself.

Character Profile
Example. You can use your own format if you wish.

Full Name:

Species:

Birthplace:

Height:

Eye color:

Hair Color:

Identifying features:

Personality:

Abilities:

Bio:

Attributes (60 points total, no more than 10 points per stat):

Strength-
Intelligence-
Magic Affinity-
Psionic Affinity-
Dexterity-
Will-
Mechanical Aptitude-
Charisma-
Speed-
Perception-

Will add info/modify as needed.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Skogul
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Re: Junkpunk: The Character RP OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eudemonia on Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:04 pm

I edited Tiresias and Orestes to fit in the JunkPunk setting, so I'll be adding them.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Eudemonia
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Heimdall on Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:32 pm

I'll be converting all my Knights to Junkpunk format now.

Heimdall
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skogul on Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:20 pm

Heimdall wrote:I'll be converting all my Knights to Junkpunk format now.

Damn right you will, Josh.

Skogul
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:37 pm

Full Name: Drake Roberts

Species: Human

Birthplace: A sky pirate airship

Height: 5'10"

Eye color: Blue

Hair Color: Dirty Blonde

Identifying features: His wardrobe and hairstyle

Appearance: http://questingraven.deviantart.com/art ... n-23523856

Personality: Sarcastic, witty, reckless, adventerous, kind, loyal, charismatic, stubborn, a good leader.

Abilities: Drake can manipulate psionic energy to do several things. The most common for him is to subconsciously channel that energy into his own body, giving himself greater speed, strength, endurance, etc... than would normally be possible. This gives him an uncanny knack to survive tough situations, and a demeanor that, "everything will work out". He can also manifest the energy as a solid, physical thing, looking like the Green Lanterns light almost, but in a light gold/white color. He usually creates energy blasts, or occasionally blades. This is much more draining for him, and he doesn't do it that often. Finally, his skills in magic are apparent in the area of alchemy. He can do most basic alchemy, and some higher level stuff, though he is still at the stage where he must write a transmutation circle before he can do anything, making it more useful as a passive ability.

Bio: Drake was born onboard of his father's sky pirate ship to his mother, healer, and father's wife. They eventually settled down into a junker settlement, and Drake lived there with his mother, while his father roamed the skies on business. It was always Drakes dream to join his father aboard his ship, and to become a sky pirate himself.

Attributes (60 points total, no more than 10 points per stat):

Strength- 8
Intelligence- 7
Magic Affinity- 5
Psionic Affinity- 7
Dexterity- 3
Will- 7
Mechanical Aptitude- 8
Charisma- 5
Speed- 10
Perception- I left this as a zero, as I don't really know what it is.

EDIT:
As far as the other part of the RP goes, the nation controlling one, I've never done that before and I'm not sure how good or interested I'd be. I can create a nation if you want though.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skogul on Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:16 pm

Gabriel_Whist wrote:EDIT:
As far as the other part of the RP goes, the nation controlling one, I've never done that before and I'm not sure how good or interested I'd be. I can create a nation if you want though.

The nation RP aspect is completely optional and can be done instead of or in concert with the character RP aspect. You're welcome to try it out if you wish (consult Eudemonia in that thread about it), but it's not by any means required. Actually, since you don't have prior experience with it, I'd suggest holding off on it until you see some of it in action so you can get an idea of how it works through example.

Whichever way you go, welcome aboard. Feel free to join the existing Junkpunk thread in the IC section, or start a new one, if you wish!

Skogul
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!