Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

I'm Just The Girl Next Door ::OOC//Signups::

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

I'm Just The Girl Next Door ::OOC//Signups::

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Afterlife on Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:30 pm

I'm Just The Girl Next Door

Small town homecoming queen
She's the star in this scene
There's no way to deny she's lovely
Perfect skin, perfect hair
Perfumed hearts everywhere
Tell myself that inside she's ugly
Maybe I'm just jealous
I can't help but hate her
Secretly I wonder if my boyfriend wants to date her

She is the prom queen I'm in the marching band
She is a cheerleader I'm sitting in the stands
She gets the top bunk I'm sleeping on the floor
She's Miss America and I'm just the girl next door

:Storyline:
Jane Dawson, a shy wallflower who would rather be at home alone with her nose in a good book, at least thats what she tells herself. She doesn't have many friends and they're always trying to get her to open up, but as of yet they've had zero success. Many have questioned why her sister, Claire Dawson, was able to become the object of every boys affection and every girls jealousy at school. Shes captain of the cheerleading squad, former prom queen, and undoubtedly the most popular girl in school. Shes invited to all of the parties while Jane is left sitting in the background. Claire doesn't pay her sister any attention, much like her parents who focus all of their free time on Claire. Well Jane has had enough of being nobody, she wants to be noticed, to be accepted, but will she be able to, even with the help of her closest friends? With prom just around the corner they come up with an idea to get Jane to be prom queen, but does she have the confidence to come out of her shell?

:Rules:
Well I'm pretty sure everyone is familiar with the general rules here. No extreme cussing, I don't see a need for much violence...but its allowed. Romance is always encouraged, but lets keep our clothes on shall we? No one-liners, I'll shoot you. Try an post a decent paragraph. Let me know if you have to leave or won't be posting for a while. Try to post atleast once every two days, more would be appreciated though. Use the code I provide! Try to keep an even gender ratio, any sexuality is accepted. No haters! xD And now for the overly used last rule, HAVE FUN!

:Spots:
Jane Dawson: Reserved for Sky Harper
Claire Dawson: Rerved for CherryCitrus
Claire's Boyfriend: Reserved for SweeneyLight
Jane's Friends:
1. Reserved for myself
2. Reserved for Litria Death
3. Reserved for im_no_juliet

Code: Select all
[u][b]:Character Info:[/b][/u]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[size=150][b]Name:[/b][/size]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Hobbies:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Brief History:[Optional][/b]
[b]Theme Song:[Optional][/b]

Now get to replying!
Last edited by Afterlife on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette,
Finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet
Out from the window see her back drop silhouette
This blood on my hands is something I cannot forget

Attention attention! I have very limited time to post due to being a freshman in college, I will post whenever I get the chance to!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Afterlife
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: I'm Just The Girl Next Door ::OOC//Signups::

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sky Harper on Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:26 pm

If you don't already have someone in mind, I would love to be Jane!
Like Neopets, but want something better? Tell them 873 sent you! :}
[Psst! It's awesome!]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sky Harper
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Afterlife on Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:30 pm

You're in luck, so far no one has requested to be her so I'll reserve your spot!

Afterlife
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SweeneyLight on Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:34 pm

Could I play Claire's boyfriend?

SweeneyLight
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Afterlife on Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:44 pm

Sure, your spot has been reserved too!

Afterlife
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Litria Death on Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:58 pm

might I be able to Be Jane's BFFL? haha. yeah. I'll be the gothic outcast who's working on her new york time's best seller and has a short temper who'll drop kick any preppy slut in the face hole ! ;3 j/k

Litria Death
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Afterlife on Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:07 pm

XD Yes you may lol
Your spot is reserved!

Afterlife
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Litria Death on Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:12 pm

;3 thx

Litria Death
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby im_no_juliet on Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:27 pm

Can I reserve a spot as Jane's other bffl? A French foreign exchange student who could have been cool-ish, if she wasn't into girls?
ImageImageImage

im_no_juliet
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherryCitrus on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:15 pm

can I be Claire?

CherryCitrus
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Afterlife on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:28 am

Yes to both of you! Your spots are reserved, I'll be posting my profile up later on within the day.

Afterlife
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherryCitrus on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:48 am

:Character Info:
Appearance:Image
Name:Claire Dawson
Hobbies:cheerleading,singing,dancing,school/b]
[b]Personality:She is the top girl at school, head cheerleader, she can be snobby,funny,sarcastic,smart,clever,edgy,risky

Brief History:N/A
Theme Song:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-TaLGavCk8

CherryCitrus
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby im_no_juliet on Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:32 pm

Appearance;;

Name;;
Name:
Sparrow Triniti Mae

Hobbies:
I suppose I'm just the girl with an oddly large collection of bandannas (over 50, just in with me, here. At home... I didn't even bother to keep counting). I suppose that that's the only thing my parents ever did to spoil me; it was really the only thing I was interested in, back in Paris. Whenever I saw one that I liked, I would beg my parents to let me get it until they'd give in. By now, they just send me two allowances a month. One is fairly small, for supplies for school that I may need or anything else like that, the other for bandannas- and I'm almost ashamed at how much it is, especially with how fast it goes. But we all have our weaknesses, right? Je sûr espère si.

Personality:
Much like her favorite element, air, Sparrow tends to be a major airhead. She tends to think a little too well of everyone around her, trusting people without any real reason to, sometimes. If you try to intimidate her, she'll just sit there and smile, taking your threats in stride while simply replying as if you were her friend. It's nearly impossible to upset her, but when you do, her first reaction is to try to escape. Problems, to her, make her feel like she's caged in. Fighting with her friends is like torture; fighting with other people, though... is like a game to her. And while she can be flighty, Sparrow's also exceptionally stubborn. When she doesn't want something, she won't accept it. When she does want something... watch out, because she will find some way to get it, no matter what. It's hard to get her to hate you, though, unless you do something to hurt one of her friends or just outright start provoking her.

Though she tends to be optimistic, Sparrow is quite self conscious.If her friends seem upset or annoyed around her, she'll worry that she caused it- whether she has any reason to or not. And, though she tends to be very open and appears carefree, at times, she watches her own actions more carefully then you would guess. She can be loud and crazy, like the winds of a storm, or she could be as calm and peaceful as a gentle breeze. Sometimes she's as hard to predict as it is to predict how the wind will blow. Her ways are far from orthodox, and often times her plans are thought out too much in advance- so much so that they are often hard to go through with or sometimes even remember. She's much like her element in many respects, including her hidden desire for mischief (much like how wind sometimes just wants to ruffle your hair, or blow it in your face to annoy or tickle you).

She's also the girl that doesn't care if anyone knows that she's bisexual. Her friends know that she would never seriously flirt with them or hit on them- though she sometimes kids around. Some find the French girl's openness about her sexuality to be something they should look down on her for. Because of this, she doesn't have as many friends as she otherwise might. But she's happy with the friends that she HAS made; she trusts and supports them completely, as do they for her.

Brief History:
I was born in France. Simple, no? Well, maybe not quite that simple. I grew up among the fine culture of Paris- until recently, that is. My parents discovered an opportunity for me to come to America as a foreign exchange student. I didn't object- after all, it would be an adventure; something new to experience.

I had already been taught a bit of English, when I was little, but not much. So, for the the two years that I had to wait to be accepted into the program, my parents made sure that I learned as much as possible, so it would be easier when I finally got in and came over for me to understand what others were saying, and so I could fluently well enough, as well. It wasn't too hard, I suppose. I mean, I speak English very well, by now.

My firsthalf of the year here went pretty well; I have acceptable grades, despite the fact that I've had to take medicine for ADHD since I was 9, and still sometimes can't focus to save my life. When it has really counted, though, my focus has been no issue.

Growing up, my parents never allowed me to be spoiled, despite the company we tended to keep. Sure, I would dress up, be a perfect, polite little lady, and play the part whenever asked to... but I never liked that, very much. In fact, to this day, it still takes a lot of begging or something really special for me to even don almost anything formal. I'm what you could call a girly-tomboy, who would rather do anything but upset her friends, or relive my days as the 'perfectly polite daughter.' Really; anything. I have a reputation, among some, as the foreign exchange student, among others as the bi french girl who gets around really well, and among fewer as the girl with ADHD. All of which are far better than being the pretty-prissy-polite-Ms. Perfect; no lie. I mean, at least with those, the speculation is true.
Theme Song: Anna Nalick - Breathe (2AM)

im_no_juliet
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SweeneyLight on Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:22 pm

Appearance: Image
Name: Jadyn Preston James

Hobbies: Jadyn's past times include of course football. It was the first sport he was able to play and the only sport his father would actually go out and play with him. It doesn't even matter if he's playing the sport or not. He's happy just watching it or talking about it. Another favorite hobby of his is playing the guitar. He started when he was around 12 an though he's not the best he's fairly good at it. When football season is off you can find Jadyn hiding up in his room, sitting on his bed practicing his skills. He wants to hopefully get so good one day that he could play part-time in a band.

Personality: Jadyn is a very calm and cool guy. He's very self-confident and can even be a little arrogant at times. When he does this he does not mean it. The fact that he is starplayer on the football team sometimes gets to his head. When you don't catch those rare moments of cockiness and run away you find that Jadyn is actually pretty funny and down to earth. He believes in living life with all that you have in you and not taking anything for granted. He can be a very plafyul guy and you're guarenteed to have fun with him. However, do not mess with anything Jadyn loves because then you'll get the bad end of his personality. He has a short temper and it doesn't take alot to set it off.

Brief History: Jadyn grew up in a great home. He comes from a family of wealth in which his father is a legend in the NFL and his mother a former playboy model. He has one older brother who is 21 and current;y serving in the military. As a child, Jadyn was encouraged to become just like his father. He was taught football in and out. The good and the bad and after awhile he came to love the sport. Although, he and his brother never really saw much of their father it didn't stop the fact that they are so close to him. In high school, Jadyn was taken up on the team immediately for his family history and has been their star player ever since.

Theme Song: If Today was Your Last Day- Nickelback

SweeneyLight
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby im_no_juliet on Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:49 pm

Just wondering, you guys, but anyone want to be Sparrow's host family? If not, I'll just have them be some NPCs. (Figured it couldn't hurt to ask.)-

im_no_juliet
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SweeneyLight on Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:01 pm

Jadyn could be her host family if you'd like.

SweeneyLight
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby im_no_juliet on Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:21 pm

It might be a little awkward for her best friend's sister's boyfriend to be her host... I like it!

It gives her a reason to know the others, at least. lol I can totally see her flirting with him, just to spite Claire. XDDD

im_no_juliet
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SweeneyLight on Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:23 pm

Lol I was thinking that maybe this is where his jerk tendencies could come into play. Like maybe he could forget her name and not even realize that she's best friends with his girlfriend's sister. It would add a twist to the RP.

SweeneyLight
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby im_no_juliet on Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:31 pm

Dude. Even better twist? He forgets she knows Claire or Jayne at all and tries to hit on HER at some point. Maybe gets drunk or something. Now THAT would be a brilliant twist.Especially if they decide to use it against Claire and him, later on.

im_no_juliet
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SweeneyLight on Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:34 pm

Lol maybe he forgets her and everything and then I could make him an even bigger jerk and just have him hit on her when he's sober. I'm trying to make him a douchebag with a soft side that would come out at some point. This should be fun.

SweeneyLight
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!