Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Kingdom Hearts: A New Beginning, Part Two IC

a topic in Video Games, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on video games.

Re: Kingdom Hearts: A New Beginning, Part Two IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Jason turned his head as Azriel entered the cockpit.
"We are on my homeworld, Darmell. I haven't been home for awhile, and I wanted to check in on everything before I resumed my adventures."
He got up and opened the cockpit.
"You can all explore the city, but do be careful. Like any city, it has its gangs and rougher types. I would stay on the main streets if I were you."

Jason then left his ship and began heading down the street. He made a turn, and within a few blocks, he ran into some familiar faces.
"Is that Jason?" his friend Toby asked.
Jason spread his arms in a mock incredulous attitude.
"What, you guys forget what I looked like all ready?"
"Nah, who could forget that ugly mug?"

This brought up a gust of laughter, and Jason knuckle bumped his friends before he realized that one was missing.
"Hey, where's Darren?"
His other friends looked away and had a look of tension on their faces.
"Darren was about a month ago, and the bullet grazed his heart. He survived, but the loss of blood put him into a coma. No one knows when-or if-he'll wake up."

Jason was shocked, and he felt a cold weight on his heart as the news set in. He and Darren had been friends since elementary school, and to hear that his best friend was in a coma was sobering news indeed.
"He's at County, right?"
His friend Marcus nodded.
"Good, then I'll have to go see him a little later. How's Lola doing?"

"Same as always, she's still the smartest girl we know," his friend Justin said with a smile.
"She's been waiting for you, ya know? I'd go and see her before some other guy takes her away."
Jason waved him off, but he was going to go see her.
"All right, you guys take care of yourselves. Meet me the Jefferson County Hsopital at nine, all right?"

As his friends gave their assurances that they would be there, he turned and walked away. As he approached Lola's house, he let out a deep breath. There last meeting had been emotionally charged, and several emotions raced through his mind as he approached her house. As soon as he was up the drive, he went over to her window. Getting up into the sill, he knocked on her window like he always did in the old days. He knew that she would instantly recognize this, and he also hoped that she would be happy to see him.
"]Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eternity on Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:00 pm

Lola

The time between last she had seen Jason and now could be compared to an eternity. But there was not a single day that passed by that she didn't think about him. At the moment, she was reclined in her room, on her bed, reading a book and sipping hot cocoa. She moved a long arm, bronze by her Hispanic nature, to the nearby nightstand where she sat the cup down. It was almost immediately after that.

Like a police car has sirens, and a bird chirps, there was Jason who tapped on the window. Lola turned immediately, dropping the book onto her bed as a smile instantly plastered itself onto her face. She saw him in the window, standing in her sill like he did a few years back, before he left.

Her fingers gripped the bottom of the window and with one simple motion, it was sent up, inviting him in. Her first instinct was to grip him in a hug, but she knew that doing that might send him out of the window.

"Jason!" She said happily, taking his hand as he stepped inside and then wrapping her arms around him. She held on tightly, afraid to let go because of the fear of this being a fleeting dream of some sort.

"I missed you so much... I'm so glad you're home again." She whispered, her cheek against his shoulder.
One who knows nothing, can understand nothing.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Eternity
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:26 pm

Jason smiled as Lola wrapped her arms around him. His arms went around her waist, and he rested his forehead against her shoulder for a minute before raising it.
"I missed you, too, Lola. I meant to be back before now, but things got a little difficult for that. Still, as soon as I could, I made it a priority to come back and see everyone."
He unwrapped his arms from around her and sat down on her bed.

"So, how are things for you? The guys tell me that you're still doing very well academically. They also told me about Darren, a fact that I was most distressed to hear."
He crossed his arms and sighed.
"Although, I am glad something bad didn't happen to you. That would be something truly disheartening."

He looked at his childhood friend and took her hand in his. A smile once again crossed his face and he was content. Something then crossed his mind and he chuckled a bit.
"So, tell me. Am I still the number one fighter on the streets of Darmell?"
Lola had always been against him fighting, and this question was both a genuine one, as well as a way to tease her a bit.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eternity on Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:46 pm

Lola

He spoke, his words and voice soothing every worry that had passed her by in the time between his last visit and now. It was all washed away by hearing him say that he missed her too. She stepped back then, as he sat down, and she joined him at his side. She put her hands on her knees and laughed softly when he mentioned her being academically 'perfect', but her laughter was washed away by the upcoming topic of Darren.

"Yeah, I'm still pushing myself very hard. I want to make the best of my opportunities... And Darren? Yeah... Well, it's a hard topic. I don't think anyone really saw it coming, especially the effects. He's been in the hospital, and we've all been visiting him. Praying for a good recovery..." Silence ensued after that and she returned her gaze to meet his after he mentioned that it would be disheartening if something happened to her. Her smile returned slowly, and her dark eyes- appearing black from a distance but a smooth dark chocolate from as near as Jason was- set on his.

"So, tell me. Am I still the number one fighter on the streets of Darmell?"

Lola huffed and rolled her eyes, but not in an aggravated or angry way.

"Yeah yeah, you'll be the number one fighter until I beat you up for reminding me about it." She chuckled then, and bowed her head for a moment.

"So what's it been like? The journey... How have you been, Jason? It has been a long time."

Eternity
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:33 pm

Highsmith was here, somewhere, Xeynar could feel it. Highsmith was the only name running through Xeynar's mind the past year. Ever since his defeat at Halloween Town, Xeynar had sensed that Highsmith knew something about him that Zen wasn't telling. Xeynar had become all but obsessed with finding out this secret, as well exacting certain revenge for his failure at Halloween Town.

As he ducked between alleyways, Xeynar caught sight of a group of street urchins. They meant nothing to him, but when they greeted Highsmith like some kind of welcoming party, he realized that they were his friends. This was interesting. He already knew Highsmith had friends in the keyblade business, but these were mere mortals who could easily be made to manipulate him. It was no wonder Zen had come to this world. If Highsmith had friends here, he also had to have family, or even more.

He contemplated attacking at that moment. It would have been easy to use one of the mortals as a hostage in order to force Highsmith to tell Xeynar what he knew. Just as Xeynar had prepared to strike, an unfamiliar name came up: Lola. Who was Lola? Probably no one, as far as Xeynar was concerned, but to Highsmith...

This was too easy. Grab this Lola, and Highsmith would do whatever was ordered of him to save her life. Of course, Xeynar had no idea who this girl was, so he would have to be patient (not exactly his strongest virtue). Instead of attacking Highsmith's friends or him directly, Xeynar instead went through the corridors of darkness to silently follow him. If this girl was to him what Xeynar was thinking, then she'd be the first person he'd go to see. From there, it would only be a matter of time before he left her alone and vulnerable.

Xeynar watched Highsmith tap on a bedroom window from a tree across the street. He then climbed into the window when it was opened by a girl, Lola, Xeynar assumed.

Just you watch, Zen. I'll take care of Highsmith before you can even formulate a plan. Then... you're next.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magix on Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:22 am

Shien stayed silent and secluded the rest of the trip. He found his way to the back of the cargo hold and nodded off to sleep. They day had been exausting. Shien was ripped from his sleep as the nightmares were getting bad. Shien often had nightmares but the ones in which he saw the deaths of his friends were the worst. He would wake up shivering, in a cold sweat, moments away from screaming anything to anyone.

He wasn't awake long before the ship started to land. All in all it was a short event. It took about ten minutes to land but Shien didn't stroll out until about 20 minutes from that point. When he came out, Jason was gone. Azriel however was there. He instantly decided against bringing up his past or the previous day. "So we're on Darmell again. Jason can't seem to stay away from here for too long." Shien turned to Azriel shooting her a brief smile. Then he walked outside before even allowing her the time to say anything. He was moving at a slow pace taking in the scenery. Azriel could easily catch up with him if she wanted too, and if not they could at least avoid another awkward time.

Zen smiled. Xenobia seemed to enjoy her new gifts. Just wait until she felt the boost it gave in battle. Zen quickly warped his clothing using the darkness, to match the worlds attire a bit better. It was when he began to lead Xenobia out though that he sensed the presence of a great light. The Young Keyblade Masters. They were being followed though, or at least the light source was, by a familiar darkness. "The young masters have arrive. Fortunately we can get our drink still since Xeynar has decided to ignore orders and follow them. Saves me the trouble tracking them down. I could find Xeynar's darkness in a second." Zen lead her outside of the alleyway now that he blended in better.

About a half a block down, Zen came upon a local tavern. "Let's hope this place is suitable. Let's hope for their sake, that they are suitable."

Magix
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eternity on Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:07 am

Azriel

She watched as Shien told her where they were, and then walked off. She held out her hand. Well, Kent was asleep, and she didn't want to stay on the ship... But... She wasn't too fond of going out- this place sounded like a busy place. Like a big city; only because it was.

It didn't take long before Azriel had run out of the ship, sprinting until she was next to Shien. But she said nothing, only blushed a little. Finally, after a moment of looking around in awe, she spoke.

"I don't want to be alone, so, I thought I'd join you out here... You have any idea where you are going?" Azriel then questioned softly, bringing her lavender hues to meet his momentarily.

Xenobia

He lead them towards a tavern, after having used the darkness to change. Before emerging from the shadows, Xenobia tried on this power as well. What occurred from it was a form-fitting black dress that created a halter-top neck and had an open back, ending between the thighs and knees. Of course, a thin silk black scarf wrapped around her neck and hung near her; as Xenobia always wore something over her neck. Once that was done, she stepped out with Zen, unable to truly mask her other immediately noticeable features (such as vibrant pink hair that's obviously not died by the rich roots and matching eyebrows, and fiery red eyes).

Inside the tavern it was rather simple, not too flashy or extravagant. Xenobia liked it; it almost had a dark aura about it, or maybe that was just their arrival that brought that on. She moved next to Zen, and felt the eyes of men and women alike upon her. Her red eyes met theirs, and their stares were no more.

"They're all watching us. Perhaps they are envious, Zen." Xenobia said, her whisper not heard by anyone else, only dancing against Zen's ear for him alone to enjoy. When her eyes met his, she chuckled darkly and smoothly, the sound filling the tavern in an almost inaudible echo.

"What to drink?" She pondered aloud then, a smile on her lips.

Eternity
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magix on Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:56 am

Shien kept walking alone until joined by Azriel. He enjoyed having the company but had his inhibitions about getting close to another person. He wasn't sure he could handle losing anyone else, expecially someone so close to his past. He turned to her and smiled though. Even if his past was a mystery to him by memory, he still felt the remains of the feelings he had for her.

"You don't need an excuse to come. You just need to come no questions asked. As far as where we are going, I know better then I would on Radient Garden. I was headed for the park. Is there any other place you'd prefer to go instead?"

Zen laughed as he noticed them watching as well. The seemed to turn and quiver from a simple glance from Xenobia. "Perhaps they are. It doesn't make a difference though. We will be feared by all when our plans are complete. It matters not what the insects do now."

Zen called over a waitress. "Give me a bottle of your finest wine and whatever the lady wants." After taking the order of both Zen and Xenobia the waitress walked away to fill them. "You look very nice by the way my dear."

Magix
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eternity on Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:29 am

Azriel

He told her that they were headed for the park. Well, it was better the park then some other place. Azriel felt odd around the people here; they were all fashioned so much more differently than herself. She felt like she should change into a pair of jeans and a top, instead of her leather duster from Beast's Castle and whatnot. She was an oddball here, though, in an odd way, it was humorous. Back when Shien was a child, he was the oddball at Radiant Garden. He didn't necessarily stick out because of his clothes though.

Azriel's smile came about and she laughed quietly to herself, looking up to the sky as they walked. Finally, the park came into sight and she was glad to see a place where they could just wander away from the Darmell people, and a place where they could just enjoy what was to be seen in this world from a distance.

"So, Shien." Azriel began. "You asked me a lot of questions, but I haven't asked you many. Like, how you and Jason met." She said softly, with a smile as her lavender eyes met his curiously, hoping for the answer.

Xenobia

Inside, he ordered a fine bottle of wine, and whatever the woman wanted. She simply nodded to him as her red eyes almost burned holes into the woman staring over at her, awaiting her order. Her eyes quivered. It was easy to tell the woman was having a difficult time taking her eyes off of her even though Xenobia was very strange, alluring, and bore a dark aura about her.

"Wine will do me just fine." She said, turning her gaze over at Zen. When the woman was gone, Zen told her she looked very nice, and Xenobia nodded, her lips pulled into a faint grin.

"Ah, as I look nice, you do appear handsome. A perfect team of antagonists is one that can both frighten and allure."

Eternity
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magix on Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:12 pm

Shien walked until he came upon a certain tree. He avoided answering her question at first, turning away from her as she looked into her eyes. It was hard for him to speak of the past adventures but then he realized it was probably equally as hard for her to speak of their past. He walked twoard a large tree in the middle of the park leading Azriel there.

He lifted his arm and pointed at the ground near the tree. "I'll need to fill you in on more of the story if you wanna know how I met Jason. I woke up on the ground right there alone. I didn't know where I was, how I got there, hell I barely knew who I was. After wandering around alone for a bit Dark Hearts attacked Darmell. I didn't have my keyblade yet so I ran. Luckily two keyblade weilders came to my rescue. Ashleigh and Shadow. They protected me and are the reason I'm not dead. Ashleigh got seperated from Shadow and myself during the skirmish. Probably because we ran out of here. We found ourselves in an abandoned warehouse but the dark hearts still continued the pursuit. To make a long stroy short from there, I fell into an underground cavern, discovered Highwind and found a journal of an old keyblade wielder named Sora, gained my keyblade, and later met up with a group of keyblade weilders. There were quite a few of us back then. Jason, Ashleigh, Shadow, Rayn, Devin and myself if I recall correctly. Most of them are gone now but I doubt they'd regret a thing."

Zen chuckled at Xenobia. "We must do more then fear and allure my dear. We can only rule the worlds for so long with fear. We must be cunning, strict but merciful, and we must above all let everyone else know how weak they are. They innocent are my puppets as are the keyblade masters, and the worlds are the stage on which they perform. Kingdom hearts will soon be ours and with it we will take over everything. It is our destiny."

Magix
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eternity on Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:50 pm

Azriel

He led her to a tree, and she leaned against it, staring up at the sky as he spoke. In her mind, she tried to envision his circumstances. She didn't like it though, the thought that Shien had started off by himself, not knowing anything. She had sword as a little girl that she'd be there for him, and now that he had told his story, she felt like something were faulty on her side.

Maybe if I had gone to the Bailey earlier, I could've gone with him, and we could've been together.... No, probably not.

She shook the thought out of her head, folding her arms across her chest loosely.

"You know what's funny?" She said softly. "I got my keyblade not too long after you left. Now that everything's kind of... I don't know, coming together again, I wonder. Was I late to the party? Was I meant to go with you? Or were you meant to stay with me?" She bowed her head a bit. "I promised when I was little I'd be there for you Shien. I'm going to make up for the time I couldn't, and continue that promise from here. One thing I have concluded is that you are still the same Shien I had back home." She looked up to him and laughed. "But you've grown a bit." She returned her gaze to the sky, and closed her eyes.

"So... So how long do you think we'll be fighting darkness? Is the war beginning, or ending? Where do we stand? I mean, I've kept up with tabloids, but they never speak the truth beyond a certain degree."

Xenobia

The wine came to the table and she took her glass for it, pouring the liquid into it and bringing it to her lips. Down went a sip of the strong red fluid, as her eyes glued to Zen while he spoke.

"You are correct. Again, there is much I can learn from you Zen. Together we will make the unstoppable force. Destiny is too kind." She chuckled, finishing up her glass of wine. "So, Zen." She said quieter, looking up at him. Her lips moved, and once more no sound came from them, only the soft whisper of her voice on the edge of his ear.

"What is our latest goal? Our mission for this time? Xeynar, or Highsmith?"

Eternity
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magix on Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:23 am

Shien smiled and chuckled to himself a bit. "Don't think about it so much. I mean, at this point I'm upset about what happened to me but at the same time I don't regret a thing either. I mean sure I wonder what it would be like if nothing happened to me but at the same time look at me. I'm on a journey to save the world. No, to save all the worlds. How many people can say they made such a difference? I have to admit I was doubting what we were doing until I saw the gratitude of the citizens of Halloweentown. Then I knew I was in the right place doing what I was meant to do."

As she spoke of how she promised to protect him he went silent. "I'm glad you weren't there. Wait it's not how that sounded. If you were there for me all the time and Zen set his sights on me then I have no doubt he would've killed you to get me. Then you wouldn't be here now for me. I've learned to not live in the past, not that I had much of a choice. I could still use a friend to lean on now for you to keep your promise though. Maybe we could be there for eachother. I hope I'm still the same Shien you knew and I hope it stays that way."

As Azriel asked about the fight with the darkness he wasn't sure how to answer her. After pondering the question he answered it to the best of his ability. "I'm not sure. For us the war is just beginning. I don't think it'll ever end though. Light and Dark balance eachother so neither force get's too powerful. All we can hope now is that we're strong enough to balance out the darkness. If we're not then... well God help the worlds."

Zen poured himself a glass. Sipping it softly he let the thick taste slide down his throat. "Apart we were two unstopable forces. Together we are nothing less then Gods among mortals." As her question entered his ears he smiled. "Neither and both. I had only intended to do recon on Highsmith, however Xenyar is disobeying my orders. We must stick to my original intention and stop Xenyar from any rash actions."

Magix
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eternity on Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:24 pm

Azriel

Yes, this was definitely the same old Shien. She knew by the way he spoke, and how his voice was so ginger to her ears. It could be no other. She looked up at him as he carried on about the fight against darkness. He made a lot of sense, and he had learned a lot.

He has changed more than just in appearance. He's a lot more mature, and wise... He's really grown up without me.

She turned her head back and looked across the park, staring straight off without anything in particular to occupy her sight. Instead she simply was thinking, deeply. Finally, she mustered up a good thought.

"Are you hungry?" Azriel said, looking up at him. "Is there any place nearby where we could grab something to eat?"

Xenobia

She finished off her wine while he spoke, her eyes stuck on his as he filled her in on Xeynar's disobedience and their spying action on Jason. Xenobia turned her eyes up to a passing man who quickly averted his eyes and blushed when she looked at him. He sat down and looked back at her, a young man, perhaps early twenties. He ogled her for a moment, and her lips moved.

Unheard words met only that one stranger's ears.

"Staring is impolite."

The man had put his glass to his lips when her words reached him, and his cheeks flared, the man choking and spewing his beer over the table before coughing a bit in surprise.

Xenobia looked back at Zen with a smile.

"Sorry, I was listening. So, when shall we begin our recon, my leader? Or, rather, when shall we begin leashing up Xeynar?"

Eternity
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:09 pm

Jason laughed a she playfully threatend to beat him up.
"Beat me up? Ah, but you'd mess up those beautiful hands of yours if you did."
He took one of her hands in his, raised it to his lips, and gently kissed it. He then lowered her hand, but gripped it gently. When she asked how the journey had been, his happy smile turned into a pensive, grim line.

"The journey has been...extraordinary," he said, finally finding the word to describe it.
"I've been to many worlds, and saved the people there from falling into darkness. I've made and lost several friends, and the ones that I've lost I mourn greatly. Only on member of my original team has survived thus far, and now we have two newcomers into the fold. We would have had athird man enter, but he vanished before we could induct him in. I hope he is all right."

Jason looked around, then turned back to Lola.
"As for me, I am doing all right. I'm just as dedicated to the cause as the day I first left Darmell, and I am determined to see my quest through to the end."
He then put his arm around her waist and smiled.
"Of course, I have not forgotten about some business I left unfinished last time I was here."
He then leaned in, preparing to give her the first real kiss he had given her since last year.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magix on Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:19 am

Shien stared off into space seeming like he zoned out. He hadn't mentally, yet his eyes definitely did. He turned his attention twoard her when she asked if he were hungry. He hadn't really thought of it before then but he was. "Yeah I could use some food. I don't know any places to eat though. I haven't really been here too much to really know any of the places around here. Tell you what though. You find a place you like and I'll buy. Think of it as a thank you for all the help you've been to me."

Zen grinned as Xenobia turned her attention to touturing people who took an interest in them. When she asked what they were to do next he laughed. "We can do both at once. I can track Xeynar while he does recon on Jason. Stalking. Recon. It's amazing how often the two merge together, isn't it. Either way it's a brilliant plan due to it's simplicity. But first I must take care of one quick thing." He stood up and walked over to the waitress.

After a quick conversation she went into the back. A moment later she came out with a larger man carrying a case of wine. The same they had just ordered. There was about thiry bottles inside. "Marvelous. This will do nicely." He pulled out a pile of munny and placed it on the counter. There was enough there to cover all the wine as well as their order and a very generous tip.

He teleported the case to the base through the darkness and walked back to the table. He poured the rest of the wine into two glasses made of the darkness and handed one to Xenobia. "Shall we go now?"

Magix
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Sat May 15, 2010 4:20 pm

After Jason had gotten his kiss and finished up his business with Lola, he left through her window and went to find Shien. He had left him with Anexia, but she had disappeared, and he seemed a bit lost.
"Hey, Shien, let me show you one of my favorite restaurants."
He took Shien to a place called Lenny's Grill, and the two sat at Jason's usual table.
"My friends and I used to hang out here all the time when we were younger. After we entered high school, we all got too busy to come here as often."

Lenny, a stocky man with a barrel gut, salt and pepper hair, and a friendly smile, approached the two of them.
"Nice to see you back in town, Jason. What'll it be?"
"Two orders of Carbo Cola."
Lenny wrote it down and left a menu for them. A few minutes later, he came back with two drafts of the drink.

Jason picked his up and turned toward Shien with a serious expression on his face. He then raised his glass in a toast.
"To the guys, who gave their lives for the greater good, and couldn't be here with us today."
In his mind's eye, Jason could still see the faces of all of those they'd lost. They were good guys with good hearts, and they had paid the ultimate price for their motivations. But, he knew deep down that they would not want it any other way.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Tue May 18, 2010 2:39 pm

Just before Highsmith left her, Xeynar had used the Corridors of Darkness to place himself on the girl's rooftop so he could more easily get to the window.

You're makig this way too easy, Highsmith.

The second Jason was out of site, Xeynar dropped down to the girl's balcony and tapped on the window. Probably thinking he was Highsmith, the girl opened the window but froze at the site of Xeynar, "Don't be afraid." said Xeynar, trying to emulate friendliness, "I'm a good friend of Jason's, and I came here 'cause I overheard some really dark looking people say they were gonna ambush him. I came to warn him. Will you help me find him?" he asked, offering his hand for the girl to take. She was hesitant, but took Xeynar's hand.

"Got'cha!" said Xeynar, yanking the girl in to get a good hold on her, making sure to cover her mouth before she could scream. He hopped off the balcony, opening a corridor of darkness on the ground that the pair fell through. They reappeared on the roof of a business building, where Xeynar immediately summoned a trio of his Dark Hearts to hold onto the girl for him, "Sorry, babe." Xeynar said to th girl as he approached the edge of the roof, "Your boyfriend and I have a little something we need to discuss, and you're the bargaining the chip. Be right back..." he said before opening a corridor of darkness and leaping through it.

Easily sensing where Jason had gone to, Xeynar landed on the roof of a cafe of sorts. It was probably the local hang out, or something, Xeynar didn't really care. Since the roof wasn't far up from the ground, Xeynar went ahead and jumped, landing with a short squat on his feet. When he straightened up, he looked inside and found Jason with Zen's pet, as well a few others that didn't matter. Immediately acting, Xeynar thrust his palm toward the window, firing a Flare Spell beam into the room, but aimed at no one in particular. After all, this was supposed to get Highsmith's attention, not to kill anyone.

Letting a satisfying smile break his face at the site of the damage he caused, Xeynar glared tauntingly at Highsmith, daring him to come out and fight. However, before any kind of attack could be made, Xeynar opened up a dark portal behind him, "By the way, have you told you about how cute I think your girlfriend is?" Xeynar asked before backig into the portal. Rather than close it, he left it open for Jason to follow.

The portal would lead back to the roof where the girl was being held by the Dark Heart trio. Xeynar stood in front of them and waited for Jason to appear, "See how lovely she is? Especially when fearing for her life." said Xeynar would tell Jason whenever he showed up, "Now unless you're into necrophilia, you're gonna tell me some things. Give me wrong answers, and your girlfriend loses a limb. So, I'd say you don't have a lot of time to fuck with me unless you're into kissing dead body parts." said Xeynar, making sure the Dark Hearts were on constant standby to hack the girl to pieces.

"Remember when we fought on Halloween Town?" asked Xeynar, his expression returning to his usual "no nonsense" arrogance, "You had a strange look when you saw my face... and my Keyblade... remember?" he asked, summoning Dragonheart as a reminder, "Now I'm sure you already know this, but most of my kind don't remember their human lives. I seem to be lucky, though, because you apparently knew who I was as a human. Now all I want you to do is tell me who I am, or was, and why it's so important to you. See? That's not too hard, right?"

Xeynar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Tue May 18, 2010 3:52 pm

Jason was about to clink his glass with Shien's, when suddenly he spotted something. It was a strange figure and he fired a fire spell into the room, which destroyed a table. The guy then grinned and made a cryptic remark about Lola. Jason's eyes widened and he dove through the portal. When he arrived on the roof, he realized that this was Xeynar. Lola was being held hostage, and Xeynar was going on about how he wanted answers.

Jason glared at him and summoned Oblivion.
"Before I tell you anything, just know this: you're fucking dead."
He pointed his Keyblade at him for emphasis.
"I'm going to chop you to fucking pieces the moment she's safe."
He then lowered his Keyblade.
"But I'll tell you who you are, so that you can at least have that knowledge before you're finally wiped from existence."

He lowered the blade in front of him and gripped the hilt of Oblivion.
"Your name used to be Rayn, and you used to be from Hollocity. Rayn was a member of my group for a short time, and for a short time, I considered him to be a friend. But the fool harbored darkness deep in his heart, and that darkness turned him into a coward. You'll be happy to know that you haven't changed in that regard."

Jason gave him a sadistic smile.
"The last time I saw Rayn, he was resurrecting a ship from his homeworld. He was successful, but he lost his heart, and that gave birth to you, you piece of shit."
He took his Keyblade in his hand and held it.
"That's all I know, and now we're going to do battle. I had originally wanted to find your heart and bring Rayn back."

He pointed his Keyblade at him.
"But what good would Rayn be to me, anyway? It would probably only be a matter of time before he turned back into you."
He assumed a stance.
"Rayn's heart has all ready gone to the darkness, where it belongs. Now, I'll send his body there, too."

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magix on Tue May 25, 2010 2:14 am

Shien and Azriel walked around for a few minutes. Suddenly though, she just up and left asking him not to follow. Shien just walked around confused after that. That is at least until Jason found him. He was glad his friend seemed so well. Shien followed Jason to the restaurant Jason wanted to take him to. Once inside, they ordered drinks and Jason spoke of the sacrifices so many had made to get them there. Shien could only nod and smile a depressed smile as he though of his lost friends. The reminiscence of their friends was quickly cut short however. It seemed Rayn, or Xenyar as he now called himself, wanted to fight again.

Shien got up when Jason did, but he failed to make it through the portal with Jason before it closed. "Damn". He closed his eyes and tried out a skill he'd been trying to create. He'd noticed he could feel the light energy Jason emitted and to some extent the dark energy the Dark Hearts emitted. Using this rough skill and his Aero magic, he came upon the building Jason and Xenyar were on. Shien quietly got up on an end closer to Lola then anyone else as Jason finished speaking to the dark heart. Now Jason could fight as Shien covered Lola. It was the only plan Shien could think of. He just hoped Jason noticed him, and Xenyar didn't.

Magix
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:43 pm

Xeynar only rolled his eyes at Highsmith's empty threat. The dumbass was in no position to be threatening the guy holding his girlfriend hostage, so everything he'd said were little more than empty threats that would neither scare nor intimidate Xeynar in anyway. Xeynar probably would have found himself laughing out loud if not for the fact that this conversation would be very important.

Highsmith told Xeynar what he wanted to know. In the process, he started waving his keyblade around in a threatening manner meant to look cool and intimidating. In truth, Highsmith was only making himself look like some dorky reject from a Saturday Morning Cartoon. Even the lines he spoke sounded like he was quoting a superhero trying to be dark but only achieving in being retarded. Again, Xeynar almost laughed, but didn't because something else was washing over him at the time.

In a twinge of pain, his mind began reeling all kinds of images to Xeynar. Images of his past human life, more specifically memories of working with Highsmith. There were few of them, but it was more than enough to confirm Highsmith's story as the truth. What followed was a scene of Xeynar's human half on board the Dragoon, which had suddenly become overrun with Heartless. How had that happened? Xeynar would have never let mangy Heartless scum on board his ship. There was one Heartless that stood out, a humoid-shaped shadow carrying a staff of sorts. The human appeared to try and fight him off, but was succumbed to the horrors of having his heart stolen by the peculiar Heartless.

From there, Xeynar remembered the current situation. Thankfully, that little episode had only occured for a moment before Xeynar decided to bring his guard up. However something was keeping him from actually summoning his weapon and fighting. Instead, all he could muster was summoning a fresh squad of Dark Hearts, before retreating to the edge of the building. After all, images were still being played in Xeynar's head, so at the moment he was not in the best fighting condition.

"I hate to disappoint you, oh great Chosen of the Light..." said Xeynar as the Dark Heart squad was summoned, "...but you won't be killing me. Not now, or ever for that matter. But, at least you get a consolation prize." he said before letting himself fall off. Even if one of them had dashed to the edge to give chase, they would find that Xeynar was gone entirely. No doubt he'd let himself fall through an open Corridor of Darkness to escape. Still, his voice echoed one last message, "Don't go getting yourself killed, Highsmith! That's my job, after all..."

Xeynar
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!