Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Left 4 Dead: Come Hell and High Water {OOC & Signup}

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Left 4 Dead: Come Hell and High Water {OOC & Signup}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby murdochrouge on Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:53 am

The {IC}

Survivors

Left 4 Dead
Bill {available}
Louis {available}
Francis {available}
Zoey {available}

Left 4 Dead 2
Ellis {played by Kruor}
Rochelle {played by Murdoch}
Coach {available}
Nick {played by Murdoch}

"Is it raining? Oh, never mind, it is."
- Ellis

The Intro

Welcome, my darlings, to the end of the world! It seems you're either skillful enough, or just healthy enough, to survive a god damn zombie apocalypse; well, survive long enough to meet others like yourself, that is. Yes, as I'm sure you've guessed already, this is a Left 4 Dead role play, based upon the campaign Hard Rain as depicted in the sequel, with each team (and your original, hopefully non-noob-like, characters) meeting for the first time in a little Podunk, gulf-side town called Ducatel in Mississippi. As I'm sure you've all played through at least one of the chapters in Hard Rain in this simply divine head bashing, Infected slaughtering game, you're already generally aware of how rough it is fighting through a horde of bloodthirsty, brain dead zombies as well as a merciless hurricane. Meaning, this adventure won't be any kind of easy.

An important piece of information you'll care to take note of is the fact that not all survivors are immune. That's right, characters can be infected, ripped to shreds, crushed, burned, maimed, impaled, and clawed to death by anything and everything if you so choose, just don't go on a killing spree. That is to say, if you don't wish to play a certain character, just infect them or kill them in some way. The only exception to this rule is the original survivors. They are immune, and as such, may not be infected, nor killed. Unless you're playing as Zoey. No, I'm joking. Mostly.

There's no limit to how many survivors you can play, though my co-moderator (Kruor) and I may be forced to ask you to eliminate one or more if things get too crowded. All that I ask of you, the guests to the wondrous world of Left 4 Dead, is that you have basic knowledge of the game, promise to keep the main survivors in character, at least semi-literate, and won't bitch and moan when we say that we find you unfit to join and/or remain in the role play. In short, anyone can be booted at any time, whether it be for breaking our rules, or being a bother to most involved in role play.

"Okay. Helicopters don't come back when you yell at 'em. Valuable lesson, you three tuck that away for later. Now grab a weapon and follow me. This goddamn building's on fire."
- Nick

The Plot

The goal of this suicidal adventure? Get the hell out of Ducatel; alive, preferably. It won't be easy, and if you're playing as one of the main survivors in Left 4 Dead (First game characters exempt, of course), your goal is to get the heavy, drenched diesel cans back to Virgil's tugboat in order to make the trip to New Orleans via the Gulf. However, with all the fellow survivors to be met and allied, it is unclear whether Virgil will be willing to make the trip with any survivors under his watch at all.

"Encountered? Boy, I am covered in zombie blood and puke and eyeballs and twenty other parts I don't even recognize. We are immune as shit!"
- Coach

Rules and Character Sheet

::Rules
- Original characters are allowed.
- Any severity in language, violence, romance, or sexual acts is welcomed, and even encouraged. However, if things get a bit too raunchy between characters, please take it to PM, and return to role play when finished. Basically, we're pushing the limits of "Mature" as closely as we can.
- No power playing or god moding, please.
- A minimum of semi-literacy is required to stay in play.
- A basic grasp of the concept and characters in the Left 4 Dead franchise.
- Try and keep things realistic. I won't have any monstrous zombie killing machines who could end the entire apocalypse with a flick of his/her wrist.
- Sorry, no Infected playing.

::Character Sheet
(Remove the text in brackets when posting, please! And yes, survivors from the game need character sheets as well. If enough information is inaccurate on the main survivors, you'll be asked not to play them. Keep that in mind, please.)
Name: {First, middle, last; anything goes. Just give us something besides "asshole" for our characters to call you.}
Age: {Should be self explanatory, but...how many years has your unlucky survivor been cursed to scour the face of the Earth?}
Hometown: {Where did your character live before the infection? Include city and state; country, if foreign.}
Appearance: {Picture or detailed description. Can be a picture from the game, or a real life picture. For the love of Karma Charger, no anime.} -- To this, Anna says, "AWWWW YEEEAAAAH." Okay Brittany, you can have your computer back... I HIJACKZ IT.
Brief Background Description: {Only applies to original characters. We should all already know the story on the survivors included in game. Anyway, just as the name would imply, what circumstances lead your character to Ducatel, or just the South in general. May be as long or short as you want, just freaking condense it, please!}

As a final note, to confirm you've read through this really quite long winded post, type somewhere on your character sheet:
"Kill all sons o' bitches." Y'all remember that, right?
Anna: "YUSSS."
And on that note, I bid you good luck with just one last quote from one of my personal favorite survivors.

"This is some grim shit we got ourselves into..."
- Rochelle
Last edited by murdochrouge on Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

murdochrouge
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Left 4 Dead: Come Hell and High Water {OOC & Signup}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kruor on Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:44 am

ooc/ YEEAH-YAH!

Name: Ellis
Hometown: Savannah, Georgia
Appearance:
Ellis’s face model—

Name: Robin Evan Hunt
Hometown: Honolulu, Hawaii
Appearance:
Brief Background Description: After the infection spread to the point of zombification and thousands of fatalities, Robin and his fiancé, Helena, aimed to leave Hawaii before the airports were to be shut down, and before they were trapped on an island sure to be plagued with infected humans in a matter of weeks. They wanted to make sure they were in a stable environment when their first child was due to be born in seven months—that is, if they could survive that long. Being that Helena’s half-brother, January, lived nearby—and to Robin’s dismay—they allowed him to tag along. At first, they planned to find sanctuary with relatives in Florida, where they’d heard that the infection hadn’t hit as hard there. However, upon passing through a hurricane in Mississippi, the plane was forced to land and the airports were shut down soon after in attempt to put the country under lockdown; no longer was anyone able to travel in and out of the country by plane. The three found themselves trapped in this god-forsaken Podunk of a town with no car and no means of safety among ravenous Infected and a vicious hurricane.

Name: Neal Dakota Larson (/Jimmy)
Hometown: Tallahassee, Florida
Appearance:
Brief Background Description: Neal, as if he couldn’t get any more paranoid, watched in horror as his parents were slaughtered right before him in their home in Tallahassee. The horde would have killed him if it weren’t for his apparent immunity to the Infection and for Jimmy’s bold takeover. With Jimmy’s evident ease in slashing down all that stands before him, he and Neal—or rather, just Neal—made it out alive and got the hell out of there. He wasn’t sure where he was off to, but all Neal knew was that he needed to drive fast and stay out of danger. Luckily, Jimmy kept him sane through it all… or, mostly sane, that is.
Last edited by Kruor on Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kruor
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby murdochrouge on Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:58 am

Name:
Rochelle
Hometown:
Cleveland, Ohio
Appearance:
In-game - Image
Face model - Image
:::
Name:
Nicholas "Nick"
Hometown:
Las Vegas, Nevada
Appearance:
In-game - Image
Face Model - Image
Name:
Helena Elise Rush
Hometown:
Honolulu, Hawaii
Appearance:
Brief Background Description:
Ehh...see "Robin".
Name:
January Noel Reid
Hometown:
Honolulu, Hawaii
Appearance:
Brief Background Description:
See "Robin"...again. Don't hate. Anna covered most of it anyway. xD

murdochrouge
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:19 pm

Is it too late to add a character into the Roleplay? Because, I'd like to join...
"People should not fear their government.
Governments should fear their people."
"Beneath this mask, there is more than flesh. Behind this mask, there is an idea.
And ideas, Mister Creedy... are bulletproof."

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby murdochrouge on Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:57 pm

Whoa, oh my damn! Somebody brave enough to join after three entire pages of our madness? I don't know just yet about the joining thing, but I swear I'll get back to you. Quite brave and...admirable of you, sir!

murdochrouge
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kruor on Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:02 am

Well, we were pretty obviously all for others joining at the beginning of this here roleplay, but then we got into the idea of just the two of us, so let's just see if we can open up once more and allow some fresh new characters in, eh? ;D

Go ahead and post your character description, if you're still interested. Brittany and I will consult with one another afterward, I s'pooOOOoooose.

Kruor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:42 am

Well, I figure that either my character could be hiding in a corner somewhere, or held up in a safe room or...something beyond rediculous like that. I dont know, perhaps you can help me out on where he starts out. I've already decided that he's going to be killable. But aaaaaaaaaaannnnnyway, here is character description, please let me know what I need to add, and I'll gladly do so.

Name: Nikotavan(Nick-oh-tave-an) Detrio Solditov
Hometown: Stalingrad, Russia
Appearance:
He wears a white wifebeater, although it could hardly be 'white' after all the sweat, mud and rain that he'd endured (not to mention what few zombies he's ran into) and black cargo pants, along with black combat boots. A red bandana is tied on his left arm, just below his shoulder. On the side of his face is a scar running from his ear to the top of his forehead.
Brief Background Description: Nikotavan was a man of simplcity, but not so much that he wanted to stay in Russia and become a farmer, living the rest of his life trying to grow turnips and potatoes unsuccessfully. At the age of twenty, he moved to America, down into the south to beome a used car salesman. He sold many cars for thirteen years, but it turns out that thirteen is truely an unlucky number, as the infection started soon afterwards.

Well, there is what I think my character would be like. Like I said, he could be hiding, or he could be waiting somewhere, or whom knows what. I'm not picky about that stuff, and I can roll with the punches fairly well. And, as I said, if I need anything more, please, let me know and I'll edit accordingly.

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kruor on Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:44 pm

Mm'kay, sounds good. :D I believe your best bet would be... hm... Well, first of all, our characters are in a neighborhood we've magically placed in between the gas station and the sugar mill, and so next stop would be the sugar cane fields. Perhaps Nik (may I call him Nik? Oh my. Two Nicks. xD) could be struggling to find his way through and, in the process, run into our disfunctional family. It doesn't matter; whatever you find best. ;]

Kruor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:16 pm

Hehe, oh my indeeds. Seems that having two "Nicks" might be a little confusing, so he'll just go by Solditov which in russian means "Son of Soldier", or another nickname our little group comes up with for him. I imagine that Nick would call him a Commie, or something like that. Well, I know Bill would without a doubt. XD. Wandering through a sugar cane fields...well, it's not what I had in mind for my russian, but that's fine! So, I assume that this is the thumbs up or the like? May I post?

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kruor on Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:40 am

Right, go straight ahead. No interacting yet, however. Merely an introduction, eh? :]

Kruor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:10 am

Fiiiine by me. Expect a post later today, after all mah classes. V,V

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby murdochrouge on Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:04 pm

*grumble* I suppose it's about time I respond, hm? Damn. I wanted to see how long I could get away without posting, too. I suppose procrastination doesn't really make sense, does it? No excuse for it anyways. Ehh...I've got a little over five hundred words, and I really don't want to half ass the rest. I'll do it. If anyone cares. I just so happen to be bored to freaking tears so *cough*ANNA*cough* if you'd kindly come over and inspire me through some lovely L4D2 playing, I'd be happy to. So lonely...and babysitting...and bored. Sorry for kinda disappearing on everyone, by the by.

murdochrouge
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:22 pm

It happens man. I was terrified that I had either...

A. Scared everyone off with that massive block of text.
B. Made such a bad post that everyone was just like..."LULBAI" and left...
C. Zombies had killed everyone.
D. All of the above.

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby murdochrouge on Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:31 am

Oh don't worry about it, but...how would you cause us to be eaten by zombies, pray tell? O_O
...Actually, nevermind, don't answer that one. Don't want to have my mental image of you being a teleporting Boomer; that'd be troublesome. I think I'll have Nick wander off to the very start of the sugarcane, hear some gunfire, and decide to check it out...after Rochelle and the others regroup with him. The man's whipped, even if Ro doesn't know it yet. xD

murdochrouge
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kruor on Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:15 pm

*grumbleheaddesk*

Sorry, I went horseback riding today... In Monterey... >.> Sleeeeepy, sleepy, sleepy, sleepy... My head's killing me. Brittany, I'm breaking into your house tomorrow. Just warning you. I may be wearing a ski mask and cluching a bloodied butcher's knife. Don't be alarmed. Unless I Jockey you. Then, in that case, be very alarmed.

I'll be on the Xbox once Fasha exits the livingroom in about half an hour, and so I expect that you will be, too. Bind and gag C.J. if he's playing Halo and refuses to leave. xD

Oh, and Versus and Scavenge mode just magically decided to work again, and so no more troubles with connection.

OHHEY. Vio, if you don't mind my asking, what's your Xbox live gamertag? :3

Kruor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaykay120 on Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:31 pm

Name: Kailyn Mury
Hometown: Frisco, Texas
Appearance:
Brief Background Description: Can I steal 'Robin's' history. It was so tastefully done. Oh and Kill all sons o' bitches.

I will edit if needed.

Kaykay120
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kruor on Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:08 pm

Eh... A well-written, original background description is kind of the only scrap of information we would have before deciding whether you are fit or unfit for this roleplay. I apologize for most likely seeming cruel, but absolutely not. Come up with your own. T-T

Kruor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby murdochrouge on Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:16 pm

Excuse me, wait, WHAT? Did I read that correctly? I thought I saw someone with the gaul to openly take someone else's work. Oh, I was correct? Lovely, I've been needing to tear a just barely literate, unimaginative, disappointing excuse of a writer to ribbons for quite some time now. First off, who in Gnome Chompski's name are you to flat out propose to plaigiarize an entire portion of someone else's post so nonchalantly? Certainly not the role play moderator, and most definitely not the admin. Professional writer come to grace us with your prescence? Doubtful, with what little detail and care you put into your character profile, of all things.

Surely, though, you can't honestly expect either of us - Anna, nor myself - to accept you into play when you obviously don't have enough creativity nor individuality to type up why the hell you're character has so graciously decided to join us. As far as I'm concerned she was birthed from the lone tear of a unicorn, riding high across the evening sky and thus falling relentlessy from the majestic beast's glassy hazel orbs into a boiling pit of death, zombies, and angst waiting eagerly below. Most people - Nick, Rochelle, Ellis, and Coach, to be accurate - call it the world, post Green Flu. Dearest me! Did you see what I did there? That would be a far-fetched, yet acceptable brief background for a character. Almost eerie how simple that was.

In short, dearie, you've just been rejected for the worst possible reasons, have successfully decreased my belief in the individuality in the human race, and have also made my day with an angry, incredulous rant that will hopefully better you as both a writer and a person, and my sense of humor with the knowledge that I went off on someone today. Cheers, hon. Don't let the zombies slaughter you on the way out. :)

murdochrouge
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kruor on Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:22 pm

Brittany... I fucking love you. xD

Kruor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:36 am

Ow....My computer just EXPLODED from the heat coming from that post, Murdochrouge...That was like...taking a flamethrower to a puppy! XD! Swweeeeetneessss!

Also...did I kill the RP? *Offers to go back to the previous room to get the defibriliator?*

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!