Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Left 4 Dead: Come Hell and High Water {OOC & Signup}

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Left 4 Dead: Come Hell and High Water {OOC & Signup}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby murdochrouge on Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:11 pm

Why thank you, Vio! I pride myself on my ranting prowess, and despite the looks of things, the role play isn't dead whatsoever. It's my task to post, you see, and I've hit the 630 word mark, but I'm far too busy/preoccupied to post what I have. Plus, it's not finished. I'll post (most likely) after I finish my homework, but thank you for the generous offer. Please don't up and leave on account of my procrastination, hon'. xD

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

murdochrouge
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:50 pm

Well, I was skimming through here again, and TOTALLY didnt see that you asked for my Gamertag. I've got one that I'm using right now, and my main...which is out of Live Time. Q.Q

Alleycat38 is the one with live time. If I can reassemble my mic, I could have a nice chat with you two. However, the one without live is Varabord. It happens to be my main.
"People should not fear their government.
Governments should fear their people."
"Beneath this mask, there is more than flesh. Behind this mask, there is an idea.
And ideas, Mister Creedy... are bulletproof."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kruor on Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:08 am

Aha, then I shall be sure to add both. :] Be on the look out for Viralocity.

Kruor
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby murdochrouge on Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:09 pm

HEY, WHOA. VIO.
Have we ever asked you what you are? As in what it is you support when it comes to L4D, I mean. I'm Rochellis (Rochelle and Ellis = <3), though I'm prone to Nickelle (Nick and Rochelle = <3) outbursts at random, but I'm still unclear as to what it is you're a fan of. It's quite all right if you really don't care, just curious. Please tell me it's not EllisZoey, if anything...
If you couldn't tell by our posts thus far, Anna and I are obsessed with the shippings as well as the game xD

murdochrouge
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kruor on Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:09 pm

*kicks Nick and Rochelle for apparently dating on Youtube* YOU AREN'T THE REAL ONES. IT CANNOT BE TRUE.

Brittany, have I mentioned that I've felt a sickening sense of dread ever since we discovered that last night? Dx

Kruor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:23 pm

Pssssh. I kinda felt that despite Francis hating everything, he didnt hate Zoey. So...yeah. I guess that would be it!

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kruor on Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:40 pm

Well, that's good. But, seriously. Rochellis or Nickelle? Just this one fact will change our view on you as a human being. xD Oh, don't get me wrong, we won't hate you, or anything. In fact, I'm kind of tolerant of Nickelle. Brittany adores it. We both love Rochellis more, however.

... So, yeah. xD

Kruor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:34 pm

On a matter of those two...I'd think I'd have to go with Rochellis. I mean, I couldnt think of a reason to disagree with Nickelle, but, I just think Ellis makes a better match for her.

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kruor on Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:44 pm

That's pretty much how I see it. *nodnod*

Do you have a Youtube account? Have you witnessed the madness occuring between Nick and Rochelle? It's frightening, really... They're incredibly in-character, but... so lovey-dovey toward each other... And Ellis is nowhere in all of this! He hasn't even stepped in. >.> And yet, Rochelle denies liking Francis when Nick asks, but says nothing about feelings towards Ellis--even when Nick questions it. 'Tis a good sign.

I'm sorry. I'm blathering. It's just, I get very worked up about this. Both of us do... hence the reason we believe you're so brave to have joined us here. x3 We're rather mentally unstable, you see. We have been... for many years... xDD

Kruor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby murdochrouge on Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:27 am

Many years indeed! :D
I'm surprised you haven't been explosive about how annoyed you are at us! If you are, that is. It wouldn't surprise and/or bother me anyway. I find you, Vio, to be an interesting specimen. Automatically awesome because of joining our L4D role play in the first place, but also as an individual. You still haven't added me on Xbox Live, by the by. *pout*
It's Zooleguru, if you forgot...or care. X.x

And you're 'ficially epic for being cool with both. I've been bounding the fine line between both couples for months now (poor Anna's been forced to deal with my shipping mania...) and currently, I don't know what to think. Nickelle is so...adulterated and insanely amusing, while Rochellis is awesome in not only name (seriously, when has a couple name ever been so perfect?!) but also description. Zoey can suck it, but not literally 'cos she's gross. xD

I assure you, Vio, there's absolutely no method to my madness whatsoever.

murdochrouge
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dig17 on Mon May 24, 2010 10:47 pm

Any room left? I want in fo sho

dig17
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby murdochrouge on Mon May 24, 2010 11:56 pm

Oh? There's always room for another survivor, might you be interested in playing as your own character, or one of the originals left (4 Dead). Bear in mind we killed off Coach, but any and all of the original L4D survivors are free (Louis, Francis, and Zoey...)

murdochrouge
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dig17 on Tue May 25, 2010 12:03 am

No Bill?

dig17
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby murdochrouge on Tue May 25, 2010 12:28 am

Potentially, though we are royally fucking up the continuity and bringing in The Passing after we're through with Hard Rain. I'll explain in detail later, but for now, yeah, all four original survivors are optional. :)

murdochrouge
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dig17 on Tue May 25, 2010 1:29 am

Name: Danny Ian Gregory
Hometown: Reddick, Pennsylvania
Brief Background Description: Danny grew up an intellectual who loved doing things. He always felt his primary goal in life was to learn and to impart knowledge to others, and gained a job as a high school history teacher. On the side, however, he could be found riding mountain bikes, playing Hockey, hunting and camping with his father, and reenacting various American military impressions between 1838 and 1923. His father taught him how to survive in the wilderness, and his reenactment days helped him finally to implement them. The military reenactments were what he lived for. Nothing compared to the feeling he got on those battlefields, charging his weapons, feeling his uniform, sweating profusely, and getting lost in the moment. But at the end of the day, he was just another farmboy who appreciated simple things.

Then there was the quarantine. Another totally unneccessary waste of fear, Danny surmised. Nothing's gonna be worse than the Spanish Flu pandemic of the early 1900s. Then he saw the President give a speech during primetime about it. Worse, the speech was short, and obviously not in the Oval Office; it was very obvious some Hollywood guys had painted a White House mockup to try to help the American people think everything was okay. Of course, it was easy for the President to say such things, because he had a whole staff of highly trained ex-Special Forces-types willing to die for him. What a joke.

Danny didn't think much anymore about his old friends after the President stopped going on the air, because when the televisions stopped working altogether, that was when he needed them the most. He pretended like they didn't exist after he got them killed. In the beginning, there was the original Triumverate of him, Riley James, and Zeke Kaiser; they weren't held down by religion, or science, or morals to continue surviving in this brave new world. Soon, more people showed up, and 3 became 12. 12 became 23. This would not last, however; it was only natural that some would die of disease, some would kill themselves, some were killed, and some would just plain disappear. There were too many hazards in the new world, and he was a fool if he thought he could save them all. It didn't really hit him until one day, the apartment building the remaining survivors were staying in was attacked by a group of the smarter infected while he was scrounging up food across the street. It was bound to happen sooner or later; he confirmed what was left of the bodies when he retrieved his gear after the group had left, and they had surely been following them for days.

Sometimes, on lonely nights under his Civil War canvas tent, or when walking by himself on backwoods county roads, he cries. He wipes away his tears and remembers how aptly one of his books summed this situation up: no great loss. He is a soldier, but he's not a fighter. He thought he had survival down to a science, but he seemed to forget that science held one down. It was more of an art. The art of not dying in a world that was after him. His next best move was to keep moving south; he heard there was a small survivor colony down south in Lawton, Oklahoma, which made sense because half of the town was a military base. He had done a few reenactments down there on the base for the troops, and every time he showed up, they seemed in good shape. All his prayers now hang on the promise of safety in Lawton, which may just prove to be an illusion in the big picture of a cross-country journey across an unrelenting enemy hiding in an apocalyptic landscape. Hopefully, he can at least find something to eat for now.

Name: Val Marion York
Hometown: Reddick, Pennsylvania
Background: Not much is known about Val York. Born and raised in rural Kansas, and fought in Vietnam in an experimental Marine unit: STA 2-7, or Surveillance and Target Acquisition, Golf Company, Second Platoon. He was a scout sniper and did things he can never forgive himself for; obviously using the infection to try and redeem himself. Joined with Danny when he began his journey south.

Name: William "Bill" Overbeck
Hometown: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Background: It took two eventful tours in Vietnam, a handful of medals, a knee full of shrapnel, and an honorable discharge before the unthinkable happened: Bill ran out of wars. But now an army of infected has declared war on humanity. After decades of aimless drifting and dead-end jobs, Bill's finally gotten back the only thing he ever wanted: an enemy to fight.

KILL ALL SONSABITCHES

dig17
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby murdochrouge on Tue May 25, 2010 4:45 pm

...Would you take it the entirely wrong way if I said I loved you?
You can join, of course, and we now have two crazy 'Nam war veterans, and Bear mother fucking Grylls running amok in a zombie apocalypse. I'm not quite sure you realize just what madness you've sparked, but I fuckin' love it. You can has join, you can [i]very[/u] has join. *grin*

murdochrouge
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kruor on Thu May 27, 2010 8:39 pm

OH, JESUS. BEAR GRYLLS. *GLOMP*

Sorry for not posting in so long, but whenever I feel the need to do so, it turns out RPG is down... I'll try to get to that tonight, seeing as how I'll be tied up for the next few days.

BRITTANY, WHERE IN PESTULLIO FATTIKINS' PANTS HAVE YOU BEEN, LATELY? Good god, text me some time, woman! You'd think we weren't zombie-killing partners, anymore! ... Don't tell me... THERE'S SOMEONE ELSE. Isn't there?! OKAY. I WANT A DIVORCE.

... *snuffle* Brittany, keeping you and me apart is like keeping Ellis and Rochelle apart. It can't be done. Can. Not. We are not going to have another strange hiatus again. Not when we live right next door to each other!

Okay, I believe I'm finished ranting... Just... fuckin' text me, or something... xD

Kruor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby murdochrouge on Sun May 30, 2010 4:54 pm

*LE GASP* N-no...Not the "D" word...MOTHER OF FUCK ANNA, NOT THE "D" WORD! *GLOMP* I NEVER WANT TO LEAVE YOU AGAIN! AND I'D NEVER SEPARATE YOU AND I, NOR ROCHELLE AND ELLIS INTENTIONALLY. EVER. I've been in Manteca, stranded at my uncle's house without a phone or computer, and I just got home to find you...not there. Camping, I assume, but there is NO way I'd ever leave my zombie killin' partner. Hell, my life partner, woman.

And no, there's no one else. Though, I was supposed to have a zombie killing marathon through every level on Expert with you (I was gonna surprise you...*sob*) and my friend Sam. Me being Rochelle, you as Ellis, and Sam as Nick. I was so excited and just ran over to your house to let you know but...no...no answer. I suppose I might see you tomorrow? *hopeful sobbing gasps*

Anna, you...are the most beautiful thing I have ever sat between. I love you...xD

murdochrouge
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kruor on Sun May 30, 2010 8:27 pm

All on expert? Good god, why did I have to leave to go boating today? ;________; Now I feel all... blergh. Are you home now? Do you have your phone? I just sent you a long, threatening text. xD Which I daresay you'll get before you read all of this. Might I sleep over tonight? If not, can you smuggle me into your house and I'll hide in your pillow case? That would be grandiose. Wow... we haven't said that in very long, have we? Text me. Nao. Or come over. Nao. Kidnap me... nao. >.>

Kruor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Sun May 30, 2010 8:28 pm

This forum is a Lolercoaster. I friggin' love you guys...

The new characters are awesome. I have to agree. Bear-Fuckin'- Gryll running through a zombie apocolipse? The only thing better would be a tag team of him and Wes Stroud...but enough of my fantasies.

Sorry if my last post was short and kind of godmodish. I can't help that I don't want me char-ik-tar to die this early...

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!