Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Legends in the Making :: A HP Generations RP (Interested?)

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Legends in the Making :: A HP Generations RP (Interested?)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rae on Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:02 am

Legends in the Making
:: A Harry Potter Generations Role Play ::

Greetings,

Adantas and I have spent many an hour creating a plot for an out of the ordinary Literate HP Role Play. I assume if you have clicked on this link that you are indeed interested in the fandom of Harry Potter and we are delighted that you are so. We are looking for a fairly specific group of role players to join us in playing out the plot that has been created, which I will get to in just a moment.

First of all we are looking for dedicated role players, we spent a lot of time on this and want to see it go as far as it possibly can, not die out within the first week.

Second of all we are looking for literate role players, which means you write more than two sentences and develop your character while continuing the story within your post.

Third of all we are looking for people who will love this role play as much as we do because it is like our little baby.

Do you think you may have what it takes? Then please read on for the plot!

:: Plot ::

We have eight friends, two from each house, in their final year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and when reminiscing on how they met one day they decide that they want to be remembered. Not just for getting good grades, or winning the quidditch cup, but going down in history like Fred and George Weasley did or the famous Trio that defeated the dark lord. The only problem is how to go about doing it. Several suggestions are sent forth before one of the group remembers an old and mysterious book they had checked out of the library. The author of the book had the same last name as one of the group and they soon discover it is an old family journal. What does this journal contain you wonder? I am glad you asked.

The journal tells of an ancient tale long forgotten by Hogwarts of a brother and sister who were some of the first students of the founders of Hogwarts. The brother was a Hufflepuff and dearly loved his younger sister who was a Ravenclaw. He loved her so much and was so protective of her that he (and this is where the journal gets a little fuzzy) somehow got his hands on an object of sorts that was supposed to protect her. The object backfired and instead of being a protective charm entrapped the girl. The brother was devastated and shamed of what he had done, he had no idea how to undo the curse so he hid the object deep within the forbidden forest within a dragons nest. The brother was obsessed with dragons. He then spent his entire life trying to figure out how to free his sister from the object but right when he was on the brink of discovering the secret he was killed by one of the dragons he so dearly loved. His journal was meant to be passed from generation to generation until the girl was freed but with time became only an old story of a crazy ancestor. Eventually the journal was donated to Hogwarts and placed in the myths and legends of the school section where one of the friends discovered it.

As for how to free her? It was so simple that it was staring the poor boy in the face the entire time, all the necklace needed was a drop of his blood (or any of his family's) The group of friends must discover this on their own from the clues contained in the journal and find and release the girl from her prison. (If we get that far, which we really hope to) The girls spirit has turned spiteful and evil from being locked away and denied her chance at life, her dark energy has to be locked away after its release so the friends must discover how to lock the poor soul away, all the while she goes around terrorizing the school. However, trapping the spirit back in its prison is far more difficult than freeing her in the first place.[/font]

And that is what we have for the role play! What do you think? In addition to the main story line we plan on having a couple of side tabs for classes and maybe a truth or dare in the room of requirement, just to keep interest up. As for the characters, we need six more. The information for all of them is below. If you are interested you are more than welcome to reserve one of them now.

:: Characters ::

Gryffindor Boy - Open
Name ::
Bloodline ::
Best Friend :: Ravenclaw Girl
Face Claim ::
Puppet Master ::

Gryffindor Girl - Reserved
Best Friend :: Slytherin Girl
Puppet Master :: Heather1205

Hufflepuff Boy - Reserved
Best Friend :: Ravenclaw Boy
Puppet Master :: Adantas

Hufflepuff Girl - Open
Best Friend :: Slytherin Boy
Puppet Master ::

Ravenclaw Boy - Reserved
Best Friend :: Hufflepuff Boy
Puppet Master :: MartianJusticiar

Ravenclaw Girl - Reserved
Best Friend :: Gryffindor Boy
Puppet Master :: thedjismine

Slytherin Boy - Reserved
Best Friend :: Hufflepuff Girl
Puppet Master :: flying monkey child

Slytherin Girl - Reserved
ImageImage
Name :: Celine Du'Frost
Bloodline :: Half Blood
Best Friend :: Gryffindor Girl
Face Claim :: Hillary Duff
Puppet Master :: Rae

:: A Final Note ::

This role play is set to take place many, many generations after Harry Potter and his friends. We want a whole new group of original characters. We would prefer not to have any descendants of the originals within the group, this is your chance to truly create an original Harry Potter character in the Hogwarts universe! Please take advantage of it.

Despite the fact we have the best friends picked out everything else is up to you as the puppet masters (role players) to decide. Collaborate with each other on how everyone met for the reminiscing of the role play, and so on. We do allow romance, just please keep it within the rules of the site. We, as the Game Master will have some additional rules to add to the site rules but if we get enough interest all of that will be found in the main role play ad. So if you are interested, and we very dearly hope you are, please let us know in the comments below along with who you would like to reserve if you do indeed wish to reserve a character right now. Also please feel free to ask any questions.

Hope to Hear from you soon,
Rae and Adantas
Last edited by Rae on Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
:: Current Role Plays ::
Legends in the Making :: A HP Generations RP

:: Role Plays in the Works ::
NONE

:: Looking For ::
Dedicated Literate Role Players for one x one or group.
PM me if interested!

Interested in any of my role plays currently in the works? PM me and let me know!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rae
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Legends in the Making :: A HP Generations RP (Interested

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Adantas on Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:24 am

Now, I think it's my turn to congratulate you for actually taking the time to read this and hopefully (fingers crossed), decided that you are interested in joining. I can't tell you enough how much it would mean to both myself and Rae if you joined. We had such fun just creating it, that to actually be a part of it will be ten times as fun! I want you all to know that, this is going to be an amazing RP and if you have any questions at all please don't hesitate to ask either of us. We're both really friendly and are keen to help.

So, give three cheers to a truly fun and fresh HP RP, because it's a chance that you don't want to miss!

Cheers,
Adantas
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Adantas
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

This looks pretty freaking interesting. It's definitely a fresh idea in a sea of Harry Potter roleplays. Mind if I reserve the Slytherin male?

flying monkey child
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thedjismine on Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:58 pm

May I have the Ravenclaw Female if it is not already taken??

thedjismine
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rae on Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:16 am

thedjismine,

Indeed you may :) I Will edit it for you shortly. Thank you so much for your interest in our role play!

Rae

Rae
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rae on Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:26 am

Flying monkey child,

Yes indeed you may! I just now saw your post, don't know how I skipped over it, so sorry! I will edit for you to have the Slytherin male as well, thank you so much for your interest in our role play!

Rae

Rae
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Adantas on Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:25 am

Hey guys,

Thanks so much for the interest. Please know that we still need a few more so spread the word we are looking, because the faster we get people, the faster we can actually start!

Cheers,
A

Adantas
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rae on Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:41 am

The role play has been created and can be found at this link :: roleplay/legends-in-the-making/

It is still under construction however so please do not post in it until it is completely finished. If you have already reserved your character you do not need to do so again. A general chat board will be set up for conversations shortly. Once you see that OOC board then you may post. Thank you so much for your interest in our role play we are bringing it to life!

Rae

Rae
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!