Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Legends Untold

a topic in Clans, Guilds, and Organizations, a part of the RPG forum.

So you have an IC organization that you'd like to have a private discussion forum for? This is the place for such things.

Legends Untold

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blockcoder on Sat May 15, 2010 11:09 pm

If you're here, that means you're a potential badass. I'll give you the only legitimate license in Badassery, affectionately known as Legends Untold (LU), if you can prove two things to me:

1) You have a decent mastery of English grammar (as much as any one person COULD master English...), and you seek to improve your writing ability (for whatever reasons).

2) You are capable of roleplaying, i.e., you understand that you are playing a character that has feelings, thoughts, aspirations - when you are roleplaying, you and your character are no longer separate entities. You will have habits and ticks, and you will sometimes (read: often) respond to stimuli in an oddly irrational manner. It's just a part of being human, in case you've forgotten.

The main purpose of LU, our improv roleplaying group, is improvement. I don't expect you to be amazing at either of those two things. I do, however, expect a minimal level of competence, complemented by a focused desire to master the complicated art of writing. If you look at my own posts of horribleness, you'll understand the low expectations I have.

You should know by now that LU is an improvisation roleplaying group. If you didn't, now you do. Any information not presented in the thread beforehand is up for grabs in your post. Feel free to do something totally crazy, but don't do anything unrealistic or cheap. Basically, if you think it'll ruin the fun for everyone else, don't do it.

So, on to the worst part of this whole deal - getting in. How does one get his B.A. in B.A.? Below is a post from the previous incarnation of Legends Untold. Please PM me your reply. Below THAT is a list of Legends Untold rules, to be amended as issues arise.

Cue quiet city streets and dank-smelling air. The moon, partially hidden over the rooftops, cast a golden shadow through the veil of Sherry's curtains. She touched the fabric with a single painted fingernail.

Then she turned. The cat was curled atop the pillow, but then it leapt to the ground and dashed toward the doorway. Sherry's smile, legendary among the people, briefly lit the room, before she carefully smoothed her white dress. The men would be here before long, and she would need to prepare.

She gazed into the mirror atop the small vanity in the corner, watching as the dark-haired woman, large green eyes and plush lips, blinked back at her. Her powder had not smeared in her hurried preparations. So she returned to the sitting area, where a large sofa with satin upholstery was covered with blankets and a couple of throw pillows. She straightened these, then arched her back in a long and refreshing stretch.

A noise sounded at her feet. She glanced downward. It was the cat, which had followed her into the room. It blinked back at her with amber orbs. She smiled, then tapped its legs lightly with her own heeled foot, telling it to "Shoo!" It yowled and raced out of the room. Her grin widened; she disliked cats.

A vague clattering came from the other part of the building. She hoped the cat had not knocked over anything too important in its mad rush to get away.

"Hurry!" she yelled downstairs to her companion. After all, the hour was very late, and the men were about to arrive.

by user Music in thread Legends Untold: The Kelhani Resistance

Rules of Engagement!
Erm... working on this?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

blockcoder
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: Legends Untold

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tæfarós on Tue May 25, 2010 11:32 pm

Ooooooh yeah.

Count me in once my brain isn't fried, good buddeh. Spontaneous reply, here I come.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tæfarós
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!