Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Let's talk about...

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

Let's talk about...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:37 pm

HOBBIES!!! What do you do to kill time aside from Role Playing? Or what do you want to do but can't due to whatever reason?

Well, I don't draw as much as I use to... so I would knit (when I had yarn) but never made anything.

Something I have recently taken up is cooking! I dunno, I just love doing it =D
Bai Bai bby

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: Let's talk about...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OrangexDoorhinge on Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:30 pm

Lemme think...Hobbies...Uhh.

School (not exactly a hobby but it consumes most of my life)
Sleeping (never really get any...)
and when I'm not doing either of those two I'm with friends =DD

Roleplaying fits in with school...because when i'm SUPPOSED to be schooling, I sometimes maybe a little bit slip in here and do some roleplaying.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

OrangexDoorhinge
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wakboth on Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:33 pm

You mean . . . there are other past times?
:shock:

I love being around nature and going for walks. I also love hugging trees, literally. Trees protect me from rain and sun . . .

I'm not sure if this is a hobby but I enjoy finding out about things I enjoy, things about the music I listen to, things about mythology and philosophy and generally interesting things. I have a pretty big thirst for knowledge and find a lot of things interesting. Though usually to do with human societies, human beliefs and ideas past and present.
When the end seem to justify the means, you've tried too hard to find an excuse. When 'by any means necessary' means 'violence may become necessary' you've lost sight of your goal. When people lay down and die rather than endure any more suffering, worry for the state of humanity. When people do not comment on how wrong this is, become angry at the world, because feeling that upset is too hard to bare. When people say 'you care too much' don't answer, because there is no such thing.

Wakboth
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ponats on Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:43 am

Like to play a wide variety of video games, watching some anime, drawing, writing a book, reading, programming and dagohir (foam weapon fighting).

I think I got most of it. xD I mean I do work and go to college as well. :)
Meh.

Ponats
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby coconutgirl on Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:18 am

OrangexDoorhinge wrote:School (not exactly a hobby but it consumes most of my life)
Sleeping (never really get any...)

This is a very accurate description of my life, with the occasional biology study (for the olympiad) and NaNoWriMo (http://nanowrimo.org, in case you don't know what it is). I try to make time for reading and role playing as much as I can, but since I'm in my last year of high school (it's officially called secondary school, but that doesn't sound half as cool) and I have a lot of damage repair to do (domestic trouble and school obligations do not make a good combo), I always have to put school first. It gets very stressing at times, since I lack balance in my life right now, most of my time is spent either studying or... studying. In fact, I should be writing an essay about Dorian Gray right this moment. *is lazy*

Oh, and foam weapons are awesome. I used to have one, a boffer sword, made in a role playing camp. One is a very small number, but I was never one to combat, so I didn't need more, it was more for the show. I absolutely loved the sword until my brother discovered it was good for beating me without having to deal with any physical consequences. :D
There exist only three beings worthy of respect: the priest, the soldier, the poet. To know, to kill, to create. - Charles Baudelaire

coconutgirl
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ponats on Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:40 am

Haha yeah. Foam weapons are great for whacking people and not showing any trauma in result. ^_^ (Whistles innocently.)

I am more of a sword and board person. And when I mean board, I mean a shield that weighs over 10 lbs and I can completely hide behind.

Ponats
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blackfire825 on Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:58 pm

I like to LARP(Boffer fighting). I've made two short swords and a shield that I use. I usually have the two swords strapped to my side, a shield or bow strapped to my back. I like to read, mostly fiction or about mythology. I LOVE TO COOK. I just love too, even though I'm a male. I like chemistry, make things go BOOM! I also like to play video games and go on the computer. I also like to explore the concrete jungle,(A.K.A the city.). Ugh, i just can't stand the woods or country.

blackfire825
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Silithsel on Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:07 pm

coconutgirl wrote:
Oh, and foam weapons are awesome. I used to have one, a boffer sword, made in a role playing camp. One is a very small number, but I was never one to combat, so I didn't need more, it was more for the show. I absolutely loved the sword until my brother discovered it was good for beating me without having to deal with any physical consequences. :D

Role playing camp? Tell me more! :lol:

I am a LARPer too and I love airsoft. Over the past couple years we've been combining LARP and airsoft to make some really great games. Other than that I love horseback riding, though I haven't had a horse in a few years, so I don't get to go near as often as I would like.

Silithsel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby coconutgirl on Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:11 am

Silithsel wrote:Role playing camp? Tell me more! :lol:

10 days of pure bliss. :wink:

The camp was held with the purpose of introducing role playing games to young people and give those who were already familiar with the concept a chance to have some fun with their favorite pastime. Hehe. We played DnD every day and I got to be one of the DM-s. *happy dances* On the last day one of the supervisors threw a game for all the DM-s as well, and we all brought our most uber-characters to the table (you can only imagine the mess it became). At some point we all got to make ourselves foam weapons and were taught the basics of sword fighting. We visited some ruins of an old castle every day and most our games there ended with the remainders of one of the teams hiding in a cellar somewhere. Someone stabbed me in the eye once and everyone laughed (once they had made sure my eye was still intact). Hah.

We played massive amounts of volleyball too. :lol:

P.S. Forgive me if my language in this post seems strange or somewhat childish. School eats my brains.

coconutgirl
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zeno on Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:45 pm

Hm... I perform music, and that takes up a lot of my time (one or two practices and usually two to three shows per week). If I had more time between school and music, I'd play paintball! It's great fun! :D If this counts a hobby, I also enjoy educating myself on interesting topics like epistemology, philosophy, and fundamental physics :shock: .

Zeno
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:05 pm

Hobbies.

Reading.
Writing.
Performing in plays/musicals.
Building sets/painting sets/all the backstage work for plays/musicals.
DND.
TV.
Video Games.
Surfing the Web.
Getting high.
Most Importantly, hanging with friends.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Silithsel on Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:17 pm

coconutgirl wrote:
Silithsel wrote:Role playing camp? Tell me more! :lol:

10 days of pure bliss. :wink:

The camp was held with the purpose of introducing role playing games to young people and give those who were already familiar with the concept a chance to have some fun with their favorite pastime. Hehe. We played DnD every day and I got to be one of the DM-s. *happy dances* On the last day one of the supervisors threw a game for all the DM-s as well, and we all brought our most uber-characters to the table (you can only imagine the mess it became). At some point we all got to make ourselves foam weapons and were taught the basics of sword fighting. We visited some ruins of an old castle every day and most our games there ended with the remainders of one of the teams hiding in a cellar somewhere. Someone stabbed me in the eye once and everyone laughed (once they had made sure my eye was still intact). Hah.

We played massive amounts of volleyball too. :lol:

P.S. Forgive me if my language in this post seems strange or somewhat childish. School eats my brains.

Sounds awesome. Got a link? I should go and be a counselor there! lol

Silithsel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Frlf on Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:35 pm

More of a poll?
Anyways, I like writing Fan-Fics, Poker, and, well... can you count my girl friend as a hobbie?
Also writing songs with my guitar, playing my guitar, and also I like watching TV.

But my favorite hobbie is sleeping ^_^.

Frlf
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:29 pm

A hobbie is something you do, so if you are doing your girlfriend, then yes, she is a hobby. XD

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eternity on Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:34 pm

I sing
draw
paint
play around with the CS3 Photoshop and Illustrator programs at the HEC in my class lab
play video games
paintball
writing
wrestling for fun
acting
studying virology and microbiology :D
One who knows nothing, can understand nothing.

Eternity
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!