Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Life Without Restraint

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Life Without Restraint

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InnocentXangel on Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:30 pm

"School, actually..." Alisia answered, looking around nervously, "But...Well...Um..." she looked at herself once again as she glowed, "I don't know if I want to go there right now." Alisia was a slightly releived to be in the presence of someone else who seemed to also be experncing odd things happen to them.
"I love this crazy sometimes almost magic, awful beautiful life"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

InnocentXangel
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Qetzo on Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:38 pm

“Just relax and try to suppress your power what ever its that worked for me before I even began to have powers” Chris said in a calm encouraging voice as the time just ticked by “Try it you’ll see it will work what is your power anyway.”

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Qetzo
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby waterychan on Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:40 pm

((It's not half-baked, it's rather good actually.))

Riley leaned farther down in his seat as he concentrated on the list of names. "Well, we can try the first name on the list."

Kent glanced over, trying to keep his eyes on the road. "What is it? Aaron A. Aaronson?" his mouth began to grin, but never fully did.

"Actually, no. This list is erratic, not any order I can identify. The first name is Elysia Dorean. The name after it is Chris Azra. What kinda list has no order?" Riley sighed, scowling at the list for being so hard to understand, as if it were the paper's fault.

Kent stopped the car, surprising Riley. "What's going on?" Riley sat up, looking around frantically. Kent's eyes were stuck on something, "Where does it say that Elysia person works?"

Riley flipped through the papers, "Uhhh...AMC Theatres. Why?"

Kent pointed to what he was staring at, "You mean that AMC?"

A sign posted in front of a building read "AMC Theatres", but Riley couldn't see inside. "Do you wanna go in?"

Kent parked the car, exiting without answering.

"I guess that's a yes." sighed Riley, opening his own door and grunting as he left the car.

They made their way to the front of the theatre, the automatic doors sliding open. There didn't seem to be many people inside, so they walked casually to the ticket booth. Riley put his hands behind his back quietly, putting on his best face. This should be interesting...
Mosh pit.
Well-concealed tazer.
Hours of endless entertainment.

waterychan
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InnocentXangel on Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:44 pm

"Ok..." Alisia closed her eyes, and took a deep breath, the light surrounding her body instantly began to fade away, untill finally there was nothing surrounding Alisia. She glanced at Chris, "Thankyou...Well...Powers...I haven't really noticed...I'm guessing something to do with light," she laughed a little.

InnocentXangel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Qetzo on Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:51 pm

“Heh cool” Chris looks at his watch “Well look at that only one minute till class starts man does time fly” Chris said unusually cheerful to most people “O wait what school do you go to is it the one just up the street?”

Qetzo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InnocentXangel on Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:55 pm

Alisia nodded her head, "Yeah..." she then began to panic, "One minute until class starts!" she looked back at Chris, "I'm sorry I have to go!!" she then darted off down the streets trying her bes to get to class as fast as she could.

InnocentXangel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Qetzo on Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:05 am

(Heh maybe I should help her out were are in the same boat after all) Chris began to concentrate time began to slow around him he then ran after the girl which to him wasn’t moving any faster then a speeding turtle he stopped a few feet in front of her and settled down his power and said “You know I saw your power why don’t I show you mine and help you get to class” he smiled as if nearly teleporting in front of the girl was no big deal.

Qetzo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InnocentXangel on Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:08 am

((Sorry, I really didn't know how to reply :P))

Alisia stopped when she saw Chris infront of her, well his ability was abvious, at least one of them. She smiled at him, "I would appreciate that."

InnocentXangel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Qetzo on Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:14 am

“Well then hang on to my hand or if you would prefer I could carry you” He smiled as if it was no big deal to say that to a girl “By the way what’s your class number?”

Qetzo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtFreakAngel on Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:16 am

Jesse pulled his keys out of the car. As he opened his car door he saw two guys, really dressed up, walk into the AMC theatre. "This oughta be good." As he crossed the street on the way to the theatre, he heard a familiar voice shouting at him,"Hey, Jesse. Get your butt over here. You're ten minutes late for duty. You're lucky I'm such a nice guy, or I'd dock your pay!" It was Jesse's boss Jonathen, a muscular guy in his forties, who had recently started his mid-life crisis. Currently, he was doing all he could to hang around the younger life guards.

"Oh yah, I wouldn't want that." Jesse rolled his eyes and crossed back across the street. As his sandals stepped onto the sand, he stopped to slip them off. Jonathen spoke up, "You know there's really no point to wear shoes if you're just going to slip them off as soon as you touch the sand."

"I've told you before, I don't like driving barefoot. It hurts my feet." Jesse walked up to podium and slipped the red, lifeguard, flotation stick onto his back. He jumped up to his stand. "Dang it, I forgot my sunglasses."

"You're in luck." Jonathen chuckled."I have your sunglasses. You left them up there yesterday, and the day before, and the day before." He pulled the sunglasses out of his pocket and handed them to Jesse. Then he walked off to go hit on one of the female lifeguards, about twenty years younger then him.
I'm collecting moving avatars. If you have one, send it to me in a private message.
ImageImageImageImageImage

If the music moves you, the people care about you, and the place is like home, savor the moment!

Time stands still for no one! What are you standing around for, there's chocolate to be eaten.

ArtFreakAngel
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GreyFox on Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:33 am

Mark took a right at a hot dog stand. He looked to see where he was and lo.....a school. He saw two students bump in head-on. He chuckled a bit, but soon he was able to see faint glowing emitting from the girl's hands and then it was her whole body.

"wait a minute! She musta' been on that list!

The glowing subsided and after some moments of chit chat the girl resumed her mad dash, but then the boy somehow teleported to where the girl was. All in an instant.

"Huh...." Mark decided to follow the two, teleporting every several seconds. Fast enough to keep up;slow enough not to get caught.

♪(walkin' in the Cold)
Just keep on flyin'
God knows your lonely souls
God knows your lonely souls
God knows your lonely souls-♪

((uhh..if your curious about the short stanzas of the songs, just ask :P There's more I'm gunna be using xD))
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-If you are reading this, you just wasted some brain cells-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

GreyFox
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:20 am

Elysia was staring at the clock. It wasn't a good habit, she had been told, as it always seemed to make time just go slower. But there was little else to do.
I should have brought that sketch...I could have finished it and been done with my school work by now...She mused, drumming her fingers on the counter.
Then, the door whooshed open, letting in a breath of Floridian air. Her fingers still and she straightened...perhaps a little to eagerly. But she hadn't had a customer in hours, so one couldn't really blame her for the excitement.
"Welcome to the..." She paused, taking in the men that had just entered. Dressed to the nines...wearing suits in Florida...in a movie theater? Mentally shaking herself, she decided that it really wasn't her place to judge. She wasn't all that normal herself, these days. "..the AMC theater. You're just in time for a matinee, it's two bucks off of the regular price."
She smiled, tapping the list of ticket prices to her left.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InnocentXangel on Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:46 pm

Alisia took the boys hand and braced herself, slightly worried.

InnocentXangel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Qetzo on Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:07 pm

Chris looks at Alisia’s expression sensing her worry he said “No need to worry” he said with a reassuring smile “ I’ve done this plenty of times the worst thing that happens is you fell a slight tingling sensation all over your body.” Chris then begins to concentrate and soon enough time begins to slow cars going 50 now seem to be at a near stand still he look at her and says “Pretty cool huh?”

Qetzo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sir Alban on Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:21 pm

[[OCC: orry I havent posted, havent gotten online long enough to post iwthin the last few days. will start now though]]

Cassius walked around the construction site, checking that everything was going well. he hated his name, it souned so old to him. also he could not think of something that he would prefer to be called that was reasonable. with a sigh he checked the plans he had drawn, and saw that there was a mistake. angrily he hit down on the table with an electric screwdriver he had. suddenly sparks entered his hand. surprised, he raised it quickly. electricity shot out of his palm, hitting a bag of cement. the bag split, and its contents spilt everywhere.

Cassius looked around, hoping no-one had seen. he realised at once that is was the result of the email he had recieved. no-one had seen it, so Cassius quickly gathere dthe building plans and headed home. once he got there he settled down to finish what he had been doing on the building site. once this was done he went out to get a cup of coffee. the weather was niice, so he walked

[[OCC: this is where someone bumps into me]]

Sir Alban
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby waterychan on Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:30 pm

Kent noticed the girl behind the counter, and turned to Riley before they were close enough to be heard, "Riley, you handle this; you're the one with the boyish charm."

Riley laughed, echoing loudly in the empty theatre. "And I'm better looking, you forgot that." he joked, knowing he wasn't cocky enough to pull it off.

"I'll be outside." Kent responded, unfazed. He exited the theatre and put on sunglasses to shield his eyes from the sun. He walked to the car and sat sideways in the driver's seat, legs on the pavement.

Riley walked closer to the ticket booth, smiling slightly. Maybe I should've worn a tie today.

"Hey, Elysia right?" he asked, unsure if she was even the right girl.

waterychan
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shadowmancer on Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:01 pm

OOC: My character sells drugs on the side but any talk/usages of them will be very brief and ill-detailed. Will this be ok?

Name: Naomi Landon
Abilities: Manipulation of Shadow/darkness and Telekinisis
Appearance: Slender build, shoulder length black tapered hair, sideswept bangs, deep hazel-green eyes and a pale complextion. Wears dark coloured skinny jeans, black converse, dark coloured longsleeve shirts w/ band t-shirts over them. Wears a studded belt loose around the hips and a dark gray hoodie.
Biography: Working a full-time job and doing a little drug-dealing on the side to support her and her abusive, alchoholic father in an apartment in downtown Miami, Naomi finds that she has little to no time for school or a social life. Her mother left a few years back, leaving them with next to nothing. Naomi is street smart; complements to her "big brother" Alex. He taught her how to bargin and use Parkour to get around the city faster as well as many other things. Alex took Naomi under his wing when her mother left and treats her like his little sister. He is the only one who knows about her 'LD'. Naomi avoids the apartment as much as possible to stay out of her father's way. After recieving the e-mail, she tossed all aprehentions out the window and discontinued the use of the L15 pills.
Other important info: Naomi has a firey spirit and isn't one to be messed with when angry. Struggles with depression and her trust can extreamly hard to gain. Does not do drugs. She only sells them.

~~~

Naomi leaned back in a bench that was shaded by a small tree as she waited across the street from a movie theater. She puffed on a cigerette quietly with one hand in her hoodie pocket. She let out a sigh and hung her head back as she dropped the cigerette and smashed it with her foot. It had already been a long morning for her. As she brought her head back up she grabbed it slightly with one hand. For the past few days she had felt strange and a little out of it. She mentioned it to Alex, but he figured it was because she hadn't taken L15 for about a week. Still she wondered if it was something more. The night before was something that slightly rattled her and she wanted to tell him about it. Naomi leaned forward letting out an impatiant sigh and placed her head in her hands.

"C'mon Alex." Naomi muttered impatiantly. Suddenly, she heard footsteps and turned her head to see who it was. "There you are." A boy with jaw-length, jet-black hair that spiked in the back stood looking down at her with his hands in his pockets. "Where were you?" Naomi asked slightly agitated.

"I was..caught up with some stuff." Alex said as he looked down at her with his deep, saphire eyes. He paused then said as he sat down, "So what was it that you just had to talk to me about?" He leaned back, put his hands behind his head and closed his eyes.

"Well," Naomi began. "you remember how I said I was feeling a little 'out-of-it'?"

"Yeah." Alex looked down at her with one eye open. Naomi sighed and looked back at the ground.

"Something happened last night." She paused and looked back at him seeing the dull 'what did you do' look he gave her. She sighed. "It'd be better if I just showed you." Naomi got off the bench and sat on the ground on her knees. "Ok, now watch those rocks." She pointed to a few bits of rock that were scattered on the sidewalk infront of them.

"I'm watching." Alex said with a sigh and leaned forward on his knees. Naomi sat and stared at the fragments of rock focusing her concentration on them. Shortly after, they began to shudder as if the ground beneath them were moving violently. Naomi furrowed her brow as she became more focused and suddenly the rock fragments tumbled toward her. Alex sat looking wide-eyed at Naomi.

"W-what was that?!" He asked in almost a breath.

"I don't know." Naomi muttered. "Last night I was laying on my bed staring off into space at a piece of paper on my floor when it started flipping end over end toward me. Almost like the wind was blowing it. I freaked and jumped off my bed but it stopped. I realized, after some time, that I was doing it." Alex looked at Naomi for a moment then shook his head and looked at the rocks on the ground.

"Can you do it again?" He asked with a bit of aprehention in his voice. Naomi looked back down at the rocks and again rolled them across the sidewalk, this time with a little more ease.
"Before you can inspire with emotion, you must be swamped with it yourself. Before you can move their tears, your own must flow. To convince them, you must yourself believe."

-Winston Churchill

Shadowmancer
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:49 pm

The two men were soon one, the fellow who lacked a tie staying behind and approaching the counter.
"Hey, Elysia right?"
Elysia blinked. It wasn't often that an attractive member of the opposite sex walked into your place of work already knowing your name. Well, not in reality, anyway.
"I...uh..." She glanced down towards her name tag, as though to double check her own moniker. "I..yeah..can I help you?"

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtFreakAngel on Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:09 pm

Jesse jumped off his podium, his favorite thing about his shift was that his lunch hour started fifteen minutes after it started. He slipped his sandals back on walked across the street for the third time in ten minutes. One of the really dressed up guys had returned to his car leaving the other one at the ticket counter. He stopped for a second thinking about what they might be doing, but then snapped back into reality. He walked up to the concession stand to ask for a large soda. When he walked up to the counter the cashier walked away. He came back with a large Dr. Pepper, exactly what Jesse was going to order. "How did you know I was going to order that?"

The man looked confused and said,"You just told me. When you walked up to the counter." Jessie couldn't remember saying anything. He shrugged his shoulders and reached for his wallet. The cash register started blinking and making funny noises. The man went over to the cash register next to it and rung up his soda. Jesse payed and walked towards the entrance, much more weirded out then when he had entered.

ArtFreakAngel
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InnocentXangel on Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:11 pm

Qetzo wrote:Chris looks at Alisia’s expression sensing her worry he said “No need to worry” he said with a reassuring smile “ I’ve done this plenty of times the worst thing that happens is you fell a slight tingling sensation all over your body.” Chris then begins to concentrate and soon enough time begins to slow cars going 50 now seem to be at a near stand still he look at her and says “Pretty cool huh?”

Alisia looked around Amazed, she glanced at the cars and then at the people who were standing still, looking off to the distance. She waved a hand infront of someone and then contunied to walk with Chris.

InnocentXangel
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!