Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A Literate Avatar: Last Airbender Roleplay

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Re: A Literate Avatar: Last Airbender Roleplay

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raikizen on Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:57 pm

Perceus500 wrote:-Words.-

Ok, Perceus500. (May I call you moron?)

All you did was launch a tirade of personal attacks against two of the people in the RP, after showing interest in it I might add. Not only did this show that you are immature, and that you are about as sophisticated as a rock, but that you aren't suitable for this form of RP enviroment anyway. If you are uncapable of producing such bookish amounts of text then why would you, -gasp.- I know, even show interest in joining this RP? The thread creator made it with these parameters because that is where they feel comfortable and that is how they want it to move along.

Opinion on Perceus500:
    a) You're a dumbfuck. (Everywhere)
    b) You're a dumbfuck. (This applies to all versions of reality, including real life.)
    c) You're a dumbfuck. (No, really.)
    d) You're a dumbfuck. (No comment.)
    e) You're a dumbfuck. (See points A-E)

So, now that we have that out of the way, I wanted to say this; I was extremely interested in your RP. So much so that I even laid out a character idea. However, real life inconsistencies have made it difficult for me to join and not feel responsible for a lack of posting resulting from that. Still, if I find my schedule cleared by tomorrow (at the latest), I'll make a character and join, if that is all right with you of course.
Feed him, so that he may take over the universe! ->

Awesome Pokemon RP? Hell yeah.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Raikizen
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chris Crisis on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:21 pm

Raikizen wrote:
    Opinion on Perceus500:
    a) You're a dumbfuck. (Everywhere)
    b) You're a dumbfuck. (This applies to all versions of reality, including real life.)
    c) You're a dumbfuck. (No, really.)
    d) You're a dumbfuck. (No comment.)
    e) You're a dumbfuck. (See points A-E)

I introduce my co-GM in almost every endeavor.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Chris Crisis
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Destablization on Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:56 pm

Er is anyone actually gonna post in the RP anymore?
Hello. I am Destablization. If I posted in your Interest Check, please read the following.

I post using a phone. That means I can't do certain things.
I can't use the Roleplay Tab.
I can't use Chat.
I sometimes make small spelling mistakes.
-Roleplay Info-
I don't like being the center of a roleplay. I like being the side character. To me, they have true depth.
I don't mind dying in a roleplay.

That's all, and I hope we have fun together !

Destablization
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chris Crisis on Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:25 am

Ok, I've had some issues with my computer and school recently so sorry that I've been out of commission. I read through the posts but I'm a tad confused so could someone please sum up where everyone is.

Chris Crisis
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Perceus500 on Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:27 pm

Perceus500 wrote:Oran and Lerro (Can I call you Lerry?)

I do say that 5-6 paragraph characters kind of piss people off because people have to scroll and scroll to get it done and one-liners aren't what I was talking about! Literacy depends on the mind of the RPer and everyone is different. You can't expect every dumbfuck to know how to literally RP. Unfortunatley, I'm not talking about myself. Otherwise I'd pose a much better opposition. Frankly, I think the RP was a good idea. Also, I'm quite entitled to my own opinion. My opinion about Oran is:
a) You're lazy (Everywhere)
b) You have no good friends (In real life)
c) You need to get a life (DO IT)
d) Also, you need to think about having a semi-literate RP instead (No comment)
e) You think I'm being a bitch! (Well, I AM! Deal with it!)

Opinion about Lerry:
a) You like to side with GM's hoping that they'll be lenient about what you do (I know more than you think)
b) You have no sense of adventurous thinking (No comment)
c) You also need a life (Seriously! Find an RP not relating to childish cartoons)
d) Personally, I like you, but you're making it very hard. (Make it easier)
e) You think that I'm a huge liar and you have everything (Stated at A)

I meant no disrespect, but I'm entitled to my own opinion (Like I already said -.-'). Unfortunatley, I was in a shitty mood that day so...I'm -chokes on words- -smacks self in face- Sorry. Unfortunatley, Lerro, I won't take back what I said about you siding with the GMs. I still think that is true, regardless of your harsh words. I may only be a young teenager, but I do know the human consiousness better than most people. Also, I would like to join this RP. Plus, Raikizen, it's incapable, not uncapable. However you may put your arguements, I'm going to put my foot down on this small part of my incredibly short life.

And Chris Crisis, I'm going to ignore what you said as, in fact, I am trying to be nice.

Lerro: I figured I'd tell you what lenient means.

Lenient - Overly kind to mistakes made by a person. In short: giving a person 'another chance'. Also, I didn't know you had ADD and Destabalization. I agree! Start RPing, already!
Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures.
Remember when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown

BUT!
It only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and
Bitch slap that mother fucker upside the head.

Pass it on...

Perceus500
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:56 pm

You're absolutely entitled to your own opinion. It is opinion. It isn't changing. I don't care. Now, honestly, this is an interest check. Interest has been checked. Discussion of opinion can be taken elsewhere. (If you're in the spell checking mood, it's arguments, not arguements.)

Thank you for apologizing.

I'm not one to hold a grudge, so Perceus500, post a character and I'll happily look it over. I'll be lenient (that joke was for me). Now, if your proverbial foot will remain proverbially down on this literacy issue, don't probe further.

I'd like the insult throwing to stop. That goes for everyone.

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Perceus500 on Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:17 pm

That's good, Oran. However, I'm in the process of creating my character (yes, it will be female just so you know). I sure as hell hope you don't mind anime avatars rather that realistic photos or photobucket pictures. >:3 I eat evil cookies! Also, I'm so not going to be an avatar! -.-'' I hate having too much power. As a matter of fact, she's going to be more like Tilee rather than a bender. Yes, she's fire nation but she's nice.

Perceus500
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chris Crisis on Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:21 pm

Yes, you are entitled to your opinion as well as to ignore what I said. Your prerogative. -Shrugs- Anywho, now to go concoct a post while I have a moment.

Chris Crisis
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:22 pm

No longer mourn for me when I am dead
Than you shall hear the surly sullen bell
Give warning to the world that I am fled
From this vile world, with vilest worms to dwell:
Nay, if you read this line, remember not
The hand that writ it; for I love you so,
That I in your sweet thoughts would be forgot,
If thinking on me then should make you woe.
O! if,—I say, you look upon this verse,
When I perhaps compounded am with clay,
Do not so much as my poor name rehearse,
But let your love even with my life decay;
Lest the wise world should look into your moan,
And mock you with me after I am gone.

My Roleplay's Requested Eulogy...

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Destablization on Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:54 am

Ahh the sorrow that fills my heart.
I give thee my requiem.
------------------------------------------------
Ye were a sight to behold.
A success of a failure.
You held the promise of greatness.
But the breath of life couldn't be held.
One day thy may see the sea of life.
Until then, I clasp my chest as I hold my breath.
Come back to me, ye great one.
Come back and fill thy days with tears.
Tears of joy, pain, and adventure.
------------------------------------------------

Nothing like yours. This sucks, I was really rather excited for this Roleplay.

Destablization
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:49 pm

I'll continue if you want to, I'm fine with one on one roleplays, and I could always make more characters or try to recruit (But when it comes to epically failing at recruitment, my picture shows up in the dictionary)

But please don't tell me it has to die... Don't make me beg (which incidentally is one of the beggy-est of all beggings)

On a side note, that poem was damn good, I just ripped off Shakespeare, that's actually legitimately original and impressive.

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Destablization on Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:04 pm

I've never done a 1 on 1, but the promise this held was awesome. Whenever I pictured it my heart would literally soar with the thought of such a great piece of literature.

I'm more then willing to continue, either as one on one, or with more people. Recruiting is fairly hard(I tend to fail at it as well lol).

Also, thanks about the poem =3. Yours was still very good, and mine was just thought up on the fly <3(I've always enjoyed composing poetry).

Destablization
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:37 pm

Well due to mutual failure at recruitment, I say we should just go one on one.

It makes sense, at the moment the biggest issue is getting money. Going somewhere isn't exactly the issue. If you like, we can pick up the next morning sans other players, and just go on like that.

Yes?

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Destablization on Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:37 pm

Not sure I understand "the next morning sans", but sure ! ^^

Destablization
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:58 pm

Sans other players, meaning without, from the Latin sine... I hate that I know that.

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Destablization on Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:01 pm

Xd well my school offers Latin, but I took French and Russian instead(like 2 days of each, so don't expect me to know anything about them =S).

Anyways, sounds good. You want the storyline to be more just two people from different walks of life thrown together by fate, and the story would be the friendship that grows? I'd be willing to do another character for a blooming romance of some sort as well.

Or we can take over the Avatar Storyline? Whatever you like.

Destablization
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:46 pm

Sounds perfect, feel free to create all the characters you want. Honestly, I think that we can just ignore the Avatar (funny for a show named Avatar)

If it comes to it, I have a plan for an "imposter Avatar" to show up, but that doesn't have to be for a very very long time, when the group actually has some importance.

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Destablization on Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:29 pm

Off topic - I had an idea about an RP based on the series, following a different storyline. It was essentially ; Because at some point in his frozen state Aang "died". Because of this a new Avatar was born amongst the Water Tribe, but he never realized it once. He died at the ripe old age of 83 and a new Avatar was born amongst the Earth Kingdom. On his 17th birthday(he was a master of Earth Bending already), Aang was "reborn", and he became an "Anti-Avatar". His soul was fused with that of the old Water Bending Avatar, and he gained the ability to Water Bend. He grew upset and frightened by the voice of the man in his head so he entered the "Anti-Avatar" state. His eyes and mouth and what-not glew a pure black, and he gained the ability to harness the powerful Water Bending of his predecessor. He was then fused with the knowledge of "Aang", and he realized what jad happened. The knowledge of being rejected by the "Spirits" turned him bitter and cruel, and he sought to destroy Aang, so he may become the Avatar. The roleplay would take off from there, with him needing to master Air, Water and Fire. The first being taught by Guru Pathik who learned of this "Anti-Avatar" and feeling great sorrow for him.

Totally not for this RP, but I had to gush about it somewhere :D.

And yeh ignoring the Avatar isn't that bad. So are we starting from the next morning, or do you wanna start all over, with different "starting positions"?

Destablization
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Destablization on Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:24 pm

I posted, let me know if I should edit or not.

Destablization
Member for 14 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!