Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

9 literate writers needed for fast paced roleplay!

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

9 literate writers needed for fast paced roleplay!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kincaid on Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:31 am

A new fast paced role-play is about to begin! We are looking for 9 literate role-players to partake on this well written adventure! This is a great opportunity to get involved in a long lived game to write with other compatible story tellers.

There is a minimum of 2 paragraph postings, in-depth detail is expected, and strong character development is available.

Basic story line:
The Department of Occult Warfare was created in the 1930's to combat the supernatural and unexplained. Another purpose was to meet Nazi Germany's own research into the paranormal. The department is in need for a new squad to take up the torch and fulfill the duties of dealing with the unknown - to combat those who seem a threat to our state of existence.

Come visit "The Department of Occult Warfare" to find out more, and show me what you have to offer to this soon to be beginning role-play!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kincaid
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: 9 literate writers needed for fast paced roleplay!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordSaladin on Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:52 am

Aren't writers literate by definition?
Please tell me now what life is, Please tell me now what love is... Again, tell me what life is.

Tiko says: Saladin: Damn it, leave my hole alone.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LordSaladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anansi on Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:53 am

u cin nevr tak it fr grantd online where pple tlk lik this and thnk it ok

:P

Anansi
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UsagiArwen on Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:05 pm

*Dies* yea...nice example Anansi. *twitch*. (You know you made a good example of poor writing when you have the responders dying as their brains make sense of that mess.)

Lord Saladin, you've been here for 6 years, right? So you know how awful some people type and think it's perfectly fine. The definition of literacy is able to read and write. Wikipedia expands on it to say, "Literacy has been described as the ability to read for knowledge and write coherently and think critically about the written word."

I would say that typing like crap doesn't really fit in that description. With all the netspeak and text talk out there nowadays, many people think it's perfectly acceptable to speak like a hick over the computer with a full working keyboard and butcher the language. Just about anyone can learn how to read, but it takes time and effort to learn to write coherently without taking ridiculous shortcuts.

UsagiArwen
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!