Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Living in the Limelight

Living in the Limelight

a part of “Living in the Limelight”, a fictional universe by Erik7622.

Two bands, linked by a few threads both musical and personal, are now heading into the same studio to record what they hope to be their big break albums. What comes of this odd arrangement? (All band members taken; auxiliary characters welcome!)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Living in the Limelight”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Living in the Limelight

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Something? on Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:42 pm

Someone post o.o

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Something?
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:52 pm

I was trying to give Arma a chance to reply!

>_>
"...you know we've fuckin' broken down as a society when people just explode in forests." ~Gasmask in The Unexplainable.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Celedia
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Armageddon on Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:10 pm

I was waiting for Erik to get a post up so I could post with both characters, but I'll go ahead and get a post up with Craig.

Armageddon
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Erik7622 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:47 pm

Sorry guys! I'm getting lazy on myself. I posted!

Erik7622
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iye Khara on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:11 pm

And here I was convinced this RP was finally just gonna fade away. But lo! There is indeed a god after all!
in love, nothing is eternal but drinking your wine
there is no reason for bringing my life to you, other
than losing it.
I said, I just want to know you and then disappear.
you said, knowing me does not mean dying.

Iye Khara
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Erik7622 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:54 pm

Yeah, solid runner for worst GM of the quarter right here. I get into slumps...

Erik7622
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iye Khara on Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:47 am

Well, we shall hopefully manage to avoid permitting the RP to fall into further such slumps in activity in the future.

Anyway, I've been wondering (probably because I'm an idiot who overlooks obvious things and makes a fool of themselves by asking about them)-- why exactly do Ted's former cohorts hate him so much for teaming up with Izzie? Am I to assume it was something she did, or something Ted did, or they just... really, really hate metal with their jazz?

Iye Khara
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Erik7622 on Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:05 am

It's partly my experience on talkbass, where those who don't like metal, really don't like it; partly that Izzie presumably had a reputation before Ted worked with her, partly that they see him as a goddam idiot for leaving a nice studio job to play lousy metal (Cor Leonis's first album didn't do especially well, obviously), and partly that they may not have liked him anyway because he was a "college boy" musician from an upper-middle-class background who kind of just showed up, worked for a while, then left to play metal.

Also, it bears noting that many of them are probably not jazz guys. Ted's jazz cohorts are more around Baltimore. Presumably they just weren't interested, and said so in nicer terms than this particular fellow (and let's be honest, I'm having fun needling Ted).

Erik7622
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Erik7622 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:45 am

Erik7622
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iye Khara on Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:20 am

Well, I can't speak much for Dream Theater, as I've never really been a fan... but the new Carcass is out! Er, leaked. And I couldn't help myself. :v

Iye Khara
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:18 pm

Apologies for the delay! My post is up. It simply seems that fate works against me and every time I am free, no one posts for weeks and then when my schedule goes insane once again everyone begins to write like madmen!

I am trying to set aside time to check in more frequently, though!

Celedia
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Erik7622 on Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:57 pm

Good, good.

By the way, everyone, next time you post, please note in the OOC if you press the submit button more than once, or if you have to do something odd. I dunno.

I'm just trying to figure out why sometimes I get double notifications on people posting and other times I don't.

For the more straightforward metal fans, Newsted's album is out, and it kicks ass as well.

Erik7622
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Armageddon on Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:23 pm

I'll get a post up tonight.

Edit: My post went through fine with just one click, Erik.

Armageddon
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Erik7622 on Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:34 pm

Alright, thanks for noting that Arma. I'm just waiting on Something to post before I go again.

Erik7622
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iye Khara on Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:23 am

Something seems to be taking their time with their post again...

Iye Khara
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Erik7622 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:31 pm

This seems to be a recurring problem. Oh well. Nothing to do but wait.

Erik7622
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iye Khara on Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:29 am

I've sent them PMs in the past asking them to keep an eye on the RP and try to keep up, but I don't think there's much more I can do at this point. I doubt this RP could suffer the loss of another RPer/character :v

Iye Khara
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Erik7622 on Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:11 am

Yeah, that would be nearly impossible to recover from. I'd like to think we recovered from Dreamalot's sudden departure, though it leaves plot threads with Bey dangling.

Though at this point a reboot might solve these problems, as much as I would be loath to stoop to it.

Perhaps I should just start another musician RP that's only tangentially like this one.

Erik7622
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iye Khara on Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:11 am

I'd hate to see that happen. We had some good shit going here. But hell, ain't nothin' to be done if the RP keeps stalling.

What kinda reboot/tangentially similar musician RP you thinking?

Iye Khara
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Erik7622 on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:33 am

Damned if I know.

Erik7622
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!