Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Living in the Limelight

Living in the Limelight

a part of “Living in the Limelight”, a fictional universe by Erik7622.

Two bands, linked by a few threads both musical and personal, are now heading into the same studio to record what they hope to be their big break albums. What comes of this odd arrangement? (All band members taken; auxiliary characters welcome!)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Living in the Limelight”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Living in the Limelight

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iye Khara on Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:47 am

Well, whatever you decide, I'd be happy to participate if you'll have me, so feel free to lemme know.
in love, nothing is eternal but drinking your wine
there is no reason for bringing my life to you, other
than losing it.
I said, I just want to know you and then disappear.
you said, knowing me does not mean dying.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Iye Khara
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Something? on Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:37 am

I SHALL have a post up today!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Something?
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iye Khara on Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:49 pm

I think this could use some input from the rest of the constituents of the RP. Something, Armageddon, Celedia-- do you think we should keep trucking on with this, or do you reckon it could use a reboot of some kind?

Iye Khara
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:25 pm

I don't know if I would join a reboot, especially if it follows the general gist of this roleplay. It took us months to get this far and I don't know if I have the energy to repeat that with new characters.
"...you know we've fuckin' broken down as a society when people just explode in forests." ~Gasmask in The Unexplainable.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Celedia
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Erik7622 on Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:38 pm

They wouldn't have to be entirely new characters. One of my favorite things to do is to recycle parts of characters into new ones.

The only reason I thought about it was because it could run with a different take (what if some are in a band, some are session musicians, some are buskers, or something like that), and it might give us a chance to find new people, ergo more variety.

Erik7622
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iye Khara on Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:48 pm

Well, the question then becomes, what brings all those disparate, various characters together such that the roleplay has a direction to go in? I'd put forth a suggestion myself so that the onus doesn't completely fall to you, Erik, but I confess I'm blanking a bit at the moment (feeling a little drained today), so I'll try and come up with something in the future.

Iye Khara
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Erik7622 on Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:56 pm

Location, location, location. Center it around some place.

Erik7622
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Armageddon on Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:21 pm

I'm not entirely sure about a reboot, if we could keep this going it would be great but if it comes to a reboot you guys can count me in.

Armageddon
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Erik7622 on Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:46 pm

It may not be a reboot so much as it'll probably just be another RP about musicians, so that bears mentioning.

Erik7622
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iye Khara on Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:26 am

I think it's wholly possible we could keep this going, if everybody made a committed effort to keep up a brisk posting rate. Which means no more waiting weeks for somebody to post, because that's been the bane of this roleplay.

Iye Khara
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Erik7622 on Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:45 pm

Uh, Something, about that post...

Erik7622
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Something? on Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:55 pm

I had to apologise to other people as well because I've not been on in a while.

Stress. So bad that my heart kind of... Well.. It wasn't pleased.

I'll do my best to have a post up soon. I can't promise anything, but I'll try.

Something?
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iye Khara on Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:45 pm

I think you might as well just not bother, Something. Reckon it's about time to call it for this RP, or at least this incarnation of it. The constant lapses in activity and long wait between posts kinda doomed it, and I don't know if it can drag itself back up to its feet anymore. I thought before it might be possible to rejuvenate it, but at this point I think it'd be necessary to start from the top and try to maintain a brisk posting speed rather than trying to pull it back on to its feet as it is.

Iye Khara
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Erik7622 on Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:15 pm

Part of me agrees with Comrade, another part disagrees. That's why I haven't commented on this particular situation yet. I'm still not sure what to do.

Erik7622
Member for 13 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!