Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Logging In/Out issues

a topic in Help, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Ambassadors, Scholars, Coders

Something not working as expected? Looking for a guide to help you find something? Check here for your answer!

Logging In/Out issues

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dig17 on Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:29 pm

I've been on this site for about 2 years and I've persistently been having issues with logging in. On several occasions, I've attempted to log in, and be automatically redirected to the homepage as an unlogged-in user. Alternately, I've had several issues with using the site and, after interacting with something, being given an error page that I need to be logged in in order to do something, such as make a post or view my inbox. Today, however, I was given the ultimate bitchslap by this I've had the intention to make a rather long post in the RP "Adenovirus 423" (roleplay/adenovirus-423/) and this morning, I tackled the task on a figurative white horse leading the charge (though the big pot of coffee helped too!). I wound up writing 3500 words and 18024 characters, my biggest post to date, and certainly one I was quite proud of; I even took a screencap to cherish the memory and show it off to the other players in the OOC. When I went to press Submit, I was met with the "You-Must-Be-Logged-In-To-Blah-Blah" screen of God's strange sense of humor. Needless to say, when I went to the previous page, the site didn't know who I was and my entire post was gone.

Now, I am not coming here to angrily place blame or rant about this site, because I love it and it's done more good to my writing than I've ever imagined; as well, it was probably my fault more than anyone's that I did not copy the text en masse as I usually do, and I should probably begin writing my posts out in Microsoft Word before submitting in the future. I plan on continuing to stay a member for as long as RPG is up and running, and, eternal optimist I am, I intend to outdo my last post with 500 more words when I re-write it.

I come to this board because I need help from someone who can tell me: why am I sometimes not able to log in successfully, why does the system log me out without warning, and is anything being done immediately to remedy this?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

dig17
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: Logging In/Out issues

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aika on Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:36 pm

Yeah, I been having that problem too. I just created a very detailed role-play I worked hours on, and I clicked submit, and it logged me out, asking me to log back in. >.< I was mad, and I love this site, also, and I want to know why it is doing it, also.
Kill Them With Kindness :D

I got the great news... I'm having a little GIRL!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aika
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!