Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Long Live The King OOC

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Long Live The King OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saint Michel on Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:20 pm

Alrighty, it's done. Forgive me Anzuth if I played a few of your character's movements, but I just wanted the damn thing over and done with.
Her fingertips, outstretched, sketched a farewell,
Her eyes, downcast, asked when I would return.
And I replied, "What traveler went forth
Who knew the fate God had in store for him?"

-Unattributed, quoted in al-Abshihi (d. 1446), Al-mustatraf

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Saint Michel
Member for 16 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:08 pm

Sorry, Anzuth and S&M, didn't mean to steal your thunder, but the king IS dead and we need to made aware of it before we spend the rest of our character's lives in this camp.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

7achary
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tempest on Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:43 am

Well, hoping you have an opening for one more, I would love to join in on this if I can!

Name: Æirik Guthorm

Rank: Earl of NorthGate (A strategically important Castle and lands on the border with the north and resting upon the Western oceans.)
NorthGate Castle at Sunset just before the War began.

NorthGate Castle, looking towards it from the southern approach

Appearance:
Earl Æirik Guthorm, one of his ships, Wave Runner, is just behind him.

Æirik has seen younger, but hardly better days. The Earl is the prime of his life, or so he claims, full of fire and spirit. Greying hair and beard mark him as elderly and a missing right eye makes him look ragged indeed. Standing just under 6', he is heavyset, not unlike his ancestors from the north. His remaining eye is a misty grey that seems to match his hair. He of course is clad in a full set of chainmail complete with helm and a fine white tunic that marks all of his men, a strange innovation in an era where many armies have no distinguishing marks save language.

Weapon(s): Æirik carries an axe, as seen above, a round shield, short sax and a dagger for close in work. At his belt he also carries a small pouch of herbs and bandages and the "Horn of the North" am ox horn inlaid with Silver that has for generations has summoned the men of NorthGate to battle.

Bio: Born to a Northern father and a Numinorian mother, a marriage of convenience really, Æirik has his fathers looks and fiery temper but his mothers grace and skill in speech. Born in the Castle of NorthGate he, like any noble of his rank, began training immediately in the arts of leadership, warfare and governance. He excelled in the first two and failed miserably in the third. A planned marriage at the age of eight to a twelve year old northern countess brought him not only what would turn out to be a happy marriage but someone who could govern well as he pursued his training as a warrior Earl.

Sadly she was not to live, dying after bearing him six children, of which only three survived child birth, one of them dying at the hands of the Northmen during a cattle raid in the lads sixteenth year. Æirik bade goodbye to the woman he had come to love and married again at the age of 25, this time to a eighteen year old Countess from the North.

His war with the Northmen and other strange tribes in the region brought him a wealth of battle experience and though his wife detested him fighting what she called "our people" he persevered. Then, after only 10 years together, his second wife died of a fever. She simply started shivering one night and never recovered. She had born him one son.

His third wife was twenty and he, now in his 35th year, wasted no time in helping her provide two more children. Now with six children, some older then his wife, a powerful Castle and a sound future he began to ponder retirement. It was not to happen.

On his fortieth birthday the Northmen struck, sweeping down from wastes to strike at the Kingdom he loved. Their attempts to take the Castle of NorthGate met with repeated failures and only after more then a thousand of their kin had died beneath its battlements did the Northmen begin to burn his lands. Æirik responded at once, leading his troops, two sons and one daughter out of the Castle gates to take the war to the Northmen.

Caught unawares, hundreds died and the Northmen were pushed back into their own lands. They now pay wary heed to the sharp bite of the Earl of NorthGate and his soldiers but it is only a matter of time before its strategic location can no longer be ignored.
Nothing to see here

Tempest
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:42 am

Well I like him, unfortunately all lands on the western sea, in the north have been claimed. We have a map back on page six but I'll posted it again.

Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tempest on Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:47 pm

Alrighty then, here is a new one, the same chap with a few changes, hope he works for you!

Name: Æirik Guthorm

Rank: Earl of BloodMoor (A strategically important Castle and lands that holds the key to BloodMoor, the lands which encompass the Blood Dell.

BloodMoor Castle in the early morning fox, the Red River can be seen behind in the distance.

Appearance:
Earl Æirik Guthorm

The Earl is the prime of his life, or so he claims, full of fire and spirit. Thick blonde hair and wild beard give him a look not unlike his Northern ancestors. Standing just under 6', he is heavyset, often being compared to a bull on two legs. Blue eyes that match the colour of the sky gaze out at all comers from beneath a thick set of eyebrows. He of course is clad in a full set of chainmail complete with helm and a red tunic with black horses head that marks all of his men, a strange innovation in an era where many armies have no distinguishing marks save language.

The Lands of BloodMoor: Though sounding very ominous, BloodMoor is named for a strange red clay that can be found in great abundance throughout the area, nowhere else does it occur in the Kingdom, people often mistake it for blood soaked ground. Some say a Dragon was killed by the first Earl of the region and was rewarded by the King with the grant of the land. The clay, when mixed with lime, can be used to paint buildings. Not missing out on both the imposing and psychological effects of such a wonderful tool, the Earls of BloodMoor have painted their Castle a deep red for nearly six generations.

Weapon(s): Æirik carries an axe, round shield, short sax and a dagger for close in work. At his belt he also carries a small pouch of herbs and bandages and the "Horn of the North" an ox horn inlaid with Silver that has for generations has summoned the men of the BloodMoor to battle.

Bio: Born to a Northern father and a Numinorian mother, a marriage of convenience really, Æirik has his fathers looks and fiery temper but his mothers grace and skill in speech. Born in the BloodMoor Castle, Æirik, like any noble of his rank, began training immediately in the arts of leadership, warfare and governance. He excelled in the first two and failed miserably in the third. A planned marriage at the age of eight to a twelve year old northern countess brought him not only what would turn out to be a happy marriage but someone who could govern well as he pursued his training as a warrior Earl.

Sadly she was not to live, dying after bearing him six children, of which only three survived child birth, one of them dying at the hands of the Northmen during a cattle raid in the lads sixteenth year. Æirik bade goodbye to the woman he had come to love and married again at the age of 25, this time to a eighteen year old Countess from the North.

His war with the Northmen and other strange tribes in the region brought him a wealth of battle experience and though his wife detested him fighting what she called "our people" he persevered. Then, after only 10 years together, his second wife died of a fever. She simply started shivering one night and never recovered. She had born him one son.

His third wife was twenty and he, now in his 35th year, wasted no time in helping her provide two more children. Now with six children, some older then his wife, a powerful Castle and a sound future he began to ponder retirement. It was not to happen.

On his fortieth birthday the Northmen struck, sweeping down from wastes to strike at the Kingdom he loved. Their attempts to take BloodMoor Castle met with repeated failures and only after more then a thousand of their kin had died beneath its battlements did the Northmen begin to burn his lands. Æirik responded at once, leading his troops, two sons and one daughter out of the Castle gates to take the war to the Northmen alongside his King.

Five years later his home is threatened once again and he has donned his armour, sharpened his sword and with warrior children at his side he is riding to war.

Tempest
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:11 pm

Alright, so I was thinkin' about it and I realized that I gave ya'll a good amount of information on what my folks looks like, all except Galleck. I'm starting to like him more and more, so I'll tell you. He's got that common sort of handsome to him. All rugged and everything, a perpetually scruffy face. Think along the lines of manly movie stars that chicks swoon over. Harrison Ford, Russel Crowe, and that other guy. He doesn't look like those guys, just in the same category. Alright, I feel better now.

DoD, makey with the posting so our gallant moderator can get the story moving along with Stormpeak.

If Aerik, not doing the cool ae thing, is going to be a part of this... Where is he? I'm assuming he's with the rest of us, since he owns the Blood Dell, but I think if he's accepted he should post BEFORE Irish. Just sayin'.

7achary
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:12 pm

I approve of this Earl.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vasa o souls on Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:30 pm

sorry about my last post to anyone who read it before the edit. it was made under the assumption we had moved to a tent, that actually doesn't exist so i have fixed it to fit the goings on of the area.
Up from the sea, from underground
Down from the sky, they're all around
They will return: mankind will learn
New kinds of fear when they are here

~~ the Carol of the old ones
They will reclaim all in their name;
Hopes turn to black when they come back and
Madness will reign, terror and pain
Woes without end where they extend.

~~ the Carol of the old ones

vasa o souls
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:22 am

Sorry to hurry your character way SM but feel free to have him rescued by men send by Konungr Agnarr or at least have them help your men.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vasa o souls on Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:47 am

Whoa... um the man is shackled... my men, as mentioned earlier in the game, take orders form no one but their Lord. they wouldn't have unshackled his for Tempest's character... i also doubt Garrow, his men, or bazil and his men would allow even the duke Rodger to take the count without argument... i'm sorry but for the sake of realism i feel the last two posts are almost out of order with assumptions.... am i wrong here?

vasa o souls
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tempest on Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:36 am

Edit: Well never mind then, it seems Irish has solved the problem for us. Excellent.

Edit 2: For your comment about your lads not unshackling for anyone. Loyal to you or not, a man threatening on a horse threatening to run them through might convince them to do as told, with or without your nod of approval. Just my thought on it.

And I reckon maybe Irish was getting the storyline moved along.

Cheers!

Tempest
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:59 pm

The barons could argue all they want, the dukes (and earl) outrank them.

Plus as a story point, I want the count out in the openish.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vasa o souls on Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:30 pm

i under stand that but, when i've had my men earlier say they would follow me against the crown if i asked i just thought it was a controversial thing... either way im going to read the fixed and new posts

vasa o souls
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moniker on Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:57 am

Well, this is slightly different from the rest, but I thought it might be interesting, working from a different angle like so. Let me know what you think, and if I'm overstepping myself.

Name: Halvar Gunnarsson

Appearance: In his youth, Jarl Gunnarsson was a tall stalky man, well built and strong. Now, in his advancing years, his body has softened and his frame drooped somewhat. Despite that, he still cuts an imposing figure, with short cropped hair and a tidy beard which had gone completely grey. To battle, he wears a long maille hauberk over wool and winingas to keep his legs warm. His spangenhelm is in the old style, with oculars ornamented in brass instead of a simple nose guard.

Weapons: A one handed Skeggox http://www.artemar.es/tienda/images/axehacha628g.jpg
An arming sword - an heirloom http://www.arscives.com/vevans/images/3 ... -Sword.jpg and a simple, practical Seax http://www.englandandenglishhistory.com ... /Seax1.jpg

Bio: Jarl Halvar Gunnarsson inherited his position from his father, as had been the case for some generations. It is expected that one of his sons will take the position. His first son, Oddmund is the popular choice. Jarl Halvar lords over the land of More og Romsdal, which lies north of the border of Numinor and Northland, neighbouring Armenor and a small portion of Blood Dell. His lands are not large, by the standards of his people, but they are in an important location, and there is much good shoreline to the south and east. His due to Konungr Agnarr, however, is lessened to help facilitate a stronger military presence to protect from raids to the south.

Halvar was groomed for his position well, and brought a firm hand to his title and has ruled well for many years. He proved himself a capable war leader, and an able administrator in times of peace. He’s not loved by his people, but he is respected and his sons are hailed as heroes and true men.

The Jarl lead his soldiers and huscarls into battle for Konungr Agnarr those many years ago with his peers, and as most of them did, returned with a broken army and missing two fingers on his left hand. Since then, bitter for the losses his land and himself had taken, he has busied himself rebuilding his jarldom, protecting his borders from raiding Numenoreans and raiding in turn. His longboats reached as far south as Isilla and Tayside and as far west as Avenable. As the years rolled on, More og Romsdal grew to resemble the prosperous land it once was in years past.

When hostilities came to a peak for the second time in his lifetime, the Jarl of More og Romsdal was not enthusiastic to send his armies to die for Konungr Agnarr’s bloodlust. He was getting on in years, and wanted something more then broken youth and an empty countryside to leave to his heir. However, a Jarl could not ignore a call to arms any more then his warriors, from dreng to merkismathr. That said, Jarl Halvar was aged and cunning. He sent a token force, mostly cavalry, to participate. Meanwhile, the rest of his throng mustered without any hurry. So leisurely was their readying and march, that they in fact missed the battle and was the better for it. Possibly, they could have turned the tide, but unlikely in the eyes of Jarl Halvar. Instead, he found himself the only southern Jarl with an army to speak of, while his neighbouring peers were broken, and there fate of Konungr Agnarr was unknown.

The time was right to grab hold of something, to better his lot in life, that his sons might bring honour to his family in their time. However, Jarl Halvar Gunnarsson was wise in his years and knew he would have to tread slowly and carefully. Perhaps the weak peoples to the south could be of use?
I have a right to my anger, and I don't want anybody telling me I shouldn't be, that it's not nice to be, and that something's wrong with me because I get angry.

Moniker
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:51 am

Interesting, approved.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:32 pm

I wanted to point out that I've recently edited my post. I had some names in wrong places and I don't think I put enough emphasis on the part with Clifford being a flashback. The Marquis is still there and a part of all the happenings.

7achary
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saint Michel on Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:23 pm

Okay, I'm completely confused. Where the hell is Placev? He was shackled, then he was unshackled, then he was re-shackled and ridden off with two of someone else's men. Except I can't even find that last part anymore and I think someone edited it out. So where is my character???

Saint Michel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tempest on Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:37 pm

Saint Michel wrote:Okay, I'm completely confused. Where the hell is Placev? He was shackled, then he was unshackled, then he was re-shackled and ridden off with two of someone else's men. Except I can't even find that last part anymore and I think someone edited it out. So where is my character???

Dead in a ditch! Bua ha ha ha! :twisted:

Um, but seriously, he got taken away in shackles by some chap on Lord StormPeaks orders...

Tempest
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saint Michel on Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:30 pm

Ah, there it is, I found it. Thank you!

Saint Michel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby daughterofdon on Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:21 am

Our map has been revamped!

I added our new domains, changed things around, made the scale smaller... hope it's okay! But if anything else needs to be changed, do let me know. :)

daughterofdon
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!