Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Long Live The King OOC

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Long Live The King OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vasa o souls on Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:28 pm

Done, i think this should fix the issue, and provide a good entering point for our newest player.
Up from the sea, from underground
Down from the sky, they're all around
They will return: mankind will learn
New kinds of fear when they are here

~~ the Carol of the old ones
They will reclaim all in their name;
Hopes turn to black when they come back and
Madness will reign, terror and pain
Woes without end where they extend.

~~ the Carol of the old ones

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

vasa o souls
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:49 pm

I have edited Saira's profile to say she watched her father ride away into the war several years into it ^_^ And thanks, I shall get posting right away!
Image Image

(03:04:15) Lialore says: I wanted to be the poo.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:50 pm

Alright, a post in made and I'm feeling drained. No more posts until I have played some Neverwinter Nights 2.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:08 pm

I WANT A CREEPY SPELLCASTER! GIMME A WIZARD! I WANT ONE NOW! IF YOU LOVED ME YOU'D GIVE ME ONE! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! *gasp* AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

No, seriously, Wilhelm is now headed in the direction of "magic." As the Marquis my word is indisputable and therefore law.

7achary
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:19 am

No way, the creepy wizard is mine!

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anzuth on Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:46 am

I will now, very pointedly, refrain from posting several lines of cuss words and insults about HughesNet's parentage, since it would no doubt get me banned from the site, so virulent a description would it be. In it's place, I give you three blank lines.

There. I can feel slightly more community minded by stopping myself from giving voice to my feelings in such a way that would offend my fellow writers. Five paragraphs, man. Five. It took, like... four hours of straight writing. I fought my way past all that Writer's Block, and what happens? HughesNet happens. Evil bast-- No! I promised I wouldn't! Now, eight freakin' hours later, I can do the whole damned thing over again. Thanks. Thanks a lot.
Advisory; User is not responsible for any rambling or discontinuity within the above post. Any such behavior should immediately be reported by way of forum post or Private Message. That is all.

Anzuth
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:27 am

I do say sir, what has you all upset?

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anzuth on Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:49 am

For those who can't follow my ravings, I had a really good post that I spent lots of time on, and I lost it 'cause of my ISP. Now I have to do it all over again, and I'm mad about it. May the entire executive staff of HughesNet burn in the fiery sulfur pits of eternal torment.

Anzuth
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vasa o souls on Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:19 am

I have no words for that last post irish... what do we do next, is the battle actually over or what... though i have to say thats a bizzare turn of events..... shit this means i need to go back and cout how many of my men i said died. i was going to have almost all of them dead byu the end but i think more survived then i ment to...

vasa o souls
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:33 am

Well now we mop up the remaining Northmen and count our loses. After that, we'll regroup for some drinks, have the messenger arrive with the news of the king's death and get the real focus of the role play rolling.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anzuth on Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:52 pm

I think that more than makes up for lost time and writing... Grrr...

Anyhow, I'm gonna do the time warp between what the dude's telling my character and when we all meet up, so don't expect a continuation of that scene. He's just going to look really... disturbed until I reveal what I'm doing. It's MySTEEEEREEEous.

Anzuth
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby daughterofdon on Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:36 am

Cool, Anzuth, I like your post! Maybe you should type all your writings in a word processor first, and then paste it here. That's what I do, after I lost one too many epic posts to internet flakiness.

Welcome, Shining Angel!! I like your countess and ladyknight. :)

Now, I'm still working on a post. Sorry for the wait! But I want to make it good, and just haven't had the time yet.

daughterofdon
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saint Michel on Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:06 pm

So excited to see what happens next!
Her fingertips, outstretched, sketched a farewell,
Her eyes, downcast, asked when I would return.
And I replied, "What traveler went forth
Who knew the fate God had in store for him?"

-Unattributed, quoted in al-Abshihi (d. 1446), Al-mustatraf

Saint Michel
Member for 16 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:30 pm

Alright, I want DoD's blessing before the Outlander rides up with Blaive across his saddle and a story of the young man's bravery. Also, I have to be subtle because of that new announcement- the things you hear from the Marquis' tent will be, in fact, sex. I can't say that, though.

7achary
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:13 pm

Damn thee 7achary! For I have spend all day at work thinking up a good way to work in the missing Blaive into my next post! Damn thee a thousand times!

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:24 pm

Well, Irish, i give you leave to control Jerid and keep the young Blaive in your post- just make sure the Outlander has something to do with it.

7achary
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:45 pm

Well, I'll what I can do and I still need to talk it over with dod.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:51 pm

Yes, during the battle my Marquis will be bumping nasties with a serving girl from his well furnished tent, thank you for asking.

How do I include images in my posts? Usually I just link them, but... It won't be in our sacred thread, I promise.

7achary
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saint Michel on Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:04 pm

isn't the battle nearly over?

Saint Michel
Member for 16 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anzuth on Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:05 pm

Really, dude? Really. Did we need to know that? Is that mandatory information? See, I refrain from working that sort of thing into my posts, because that's generally frowned upon. Why is it you're allowed to?

Anzuth
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!